PDA

View Full Version : Standup Arcade System

Wayne Industries
05-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Anyone have one of these or something like it?
http://www.bmigaming.com/Images/globalarcadeclassics-large.jpg

HERE ARE SOME OF THE 80 VIDEO ARCADE GAMES
THAT ARE INCLUDED IN THE BASE MODEL :

Arkanoid • Asteroids • Battlezone • Black Widow • Bubble Bobble • Centipede • Crystal Castles • Defender • Dragons Lair • Gauntlet • Golden Tee Golf • Gravitar • Joust • Lunar Lander • Major Havoc • Marble Madness • Millipede • Missile Command • Moon Patrol • Mortal Kombat • Robotron 2084 Space Ace • Space Invaders • Stargate • Super Breakout Super Strike Bowling • Tapper • Tempest • Toobin' plus 52 more awesome classic video arcade games !

I'm redoing my basement into a gaming/statue display room and was thinking of getting one of these. Anyone who has something like this, leave some feedback please.

chromesamurai
05-05-2007, 03:07 PM
It's unfortunate that 75% of those games I would play once and never look at again.

I saw a machine like this a couple of years back, but it had 50 or so games on it. Good and rare ones, too. Like Ghouls and Ghosts, Double Dragon, the Mega Man fighting games from Japan, etc. Can't remember the proper name of the system, though.

patrickwm68
05-05-2007, 03:11 PM
What's this thing cost?

I bought a Godzilla slot machine a few years ago and it was the greatest thing ever until the novelty wore off and it became an eyesore. Now it's in my attic.

CessnaDriver
05-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Do you know about MAME?

Muliple arcade machine emulator?

All those games ROMS and thousands more are easily emulated on a PC these days.

Sgt Taz
05-05-2007, 04:15 PM
I had the Final Fight arcade once but had to ditch it when I moved. If I could ever get my hands on the Killer Instinct 2 arcade though I still would. Mame or no mame sometimes there's nothing like the real thing :buttrock:

Wayne Industries
05-05-2007, 07:58 PM
What's this thing cost?

I bought a Godzilla slot machine a few years ago and it was the greatest thing ever until the novelty wore off and it became an eyesore. Now it's in my attic.

Around 3k...not too sure if it's really worth it but not alot of things we really talk about in this forum are..:)

CessnaDriver
05-05-2007, 07:58 PM
I had the Final Fight arcade once but had to ditch it when I moved. If I could ever get my hands on the Killer Instinct 2 arcade though I still would. Mame or no mame sometimes there's nothing like the real thing :buttrock:

Oh agreed!

I have an Atari Race Drivin' game. Love the force feedback, clutch, stick. Just a great simulator really.

Also have two pinball machines.

No way you can emulate pinball real world physics.

Wayne Industries
05-05-2007, 07:59 PM

Yeah I know about MAME..great for the pc but the really nothing like the old-school standup arcade.:buttrock:

Ink
05-05-2007, 07:59 PM
I'd love to find the xmen arcade machine

CessnaDriver
05-05-2007, 08:08 PM
There are full size for MAME cabinets out there for sale somewhere.

El Diablo
05-05-2007, 08:08 PM
I had this in my display room not too long ago, it`s powered by a modified xbox with a 300gb hard drive. Though I had to take it down recently to make room for my statues :bawling:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d9/mefoetoes/IMG_1274-1.jpg

MONSTER
05-05-2007, 08:35 PM
I have the classic Attari Star Wars stand up in my garage.

Car50n
05-06-2007, 12:38 PM
I'd love to find the xmen arcade machine

i have one of those in the shop. it's finally crapping out though. sound pops, or just completely gives out.

Archangel
05-09-2007, 06:15 AM
http://www.bmigaming.com/globalarcadeclassics.htm