PDA

View Full Version : Destroyer vs. Doomsday

VaultMan
05-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Straight from the mind of the MoonKnight, comes...

Destroyer vs. Doomsday!

Who ya got?!

Ink
05-06-2007, 07:55 PM
destroyer

Alex655321
05-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Destroyer

warhead
05-06-2007, 10:26 PM
destroyer

hawkeyethearcher
05-06-2007, 10:30 PM
doomsday. just cause he needs love

moon_knight1971
05-06-2007, 10:45 PM
I'd love to see this battle! UNENDING lol! If it were the adaptable version of DOOMSDAY he might win after dying 6 or 7 times and evolving from it.....:)

fenix v.2.0
05-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Destroyer all the way.

Wolverine1
05-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Doomsday!

whd
05-06-2007, 11:31 PM
The battle might go on forever, but Doomsday could never do any actual harm to the Destoyer. Eventually Destroyer wins with the disintegration beam.

Immovable Blob
05-07-2007, 06:23 AM
Doomsday has taken a lot of flack; this character has the potential to beat anybody given enough time. He has killed Superman, beaten Darkaeid, these are no mean feats. I think that the magical element that characters have is important but not necessarily the clincher. Superman is vulnerable to magic but ususally comes through in the end. In some ways Doomsday is too powerful, at least in theory to have a really decent storyline; the only way he was nulified was to take him to the end of time, what superhero is going to content with that power, and I include Marvel hero's.
If Doomsday can evolve to withstand magic then I see a draw or a win for Doomsday.

wktf
05-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Destroyer. That said, Doomsday continues to evolve after dying to adapt to his last foe. That said, Destroyer is Odinforce and cosmically powered. I don't think Doomsday could adapt beyond how the Destroyer adapts and channels enough energy force to kill him.

Makkari1
05-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Doomsday has taken a lot of flack; this character has the potential to beat anybody given enough time. He has killed Superman, beaten Darkaeid, these are no mean feats. I think that the magical element that characters have is important but not necessarily the clincher. Superman is vulnerable to magic but ususally comes through in the end. In some ways Doomsday is too powerful, at least in theory to have a really decent storyline; the only way he was nulified was to take him to the end of time, what superhero is going to content with that power, and I include Marvel hero's.
If Doomsday can evolve to withstand magic then I see a draw or a win for Doomsday.

That's the problem The Destroyer will not give Doomsday time to evolve. He will be disintergrated and there is nothing to evolve from. The disintergration is total, there's nothing there folks. Thats why when Doomsday was defeated in Hunter Prey he was put in Entrophy at the end of time so there would be nothing to evolve from. This of course is what Darkseid "true" Omega's should have done in the first place but that's too easy to write so DD survived to make him seem unbeatable when the Omega's should have erased his a$$. Poor Darkseid jobbs again.

Makkari1
05-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Destroyer. That said, Doomsday continues to evolve after dying to adapt to his last foe. That said, Destroyer is Odinforce and cosmically powered. I don't think Doomsday could adapt beyond how the Destroyer adapts and channels enough energy force to kill him.

You're missing that fact that its not just a portion of the Odin power in the Destroyer but portions all of earths patheon's in him. Power enough to challenge to Celestial (although not successful). This is simply out of Doomday league. Its just like if Supes have no chance against the Destroyer so wouldn't Doomsday. Sorry fights over.

wktf
05-07-2007, 01:53 PM
You're missing that fact that its not just a portion of the Odin power in the Destroyer but portions all of earths patheon's in him. Power enough to challenge to Celestial (although not successful). This is simply out of Doomday league. Its just like if Supes have no chance against the Destroyer so wouldn't Doomsday. Sorry fights over.

We're in agreement, though. My comment was leading toward the fact that Doomsday couldn't take the Destroyer in the end.

Makkari1
05-07-2007, 02:09 PM
We're in agreement, though. My comment was leading toward the fact that Doomsday couldn't take the Destroyer in the end.

Sorry to be so passionate (as you can tell by my avatar who I like).

moon_knight1971
05-07-2007, 03:04 PM
The chrome guy wins lol....:thumbs2:

Makkari1
05-07-2007, 04:50 PM
The chrome guy wins lol....:thumbs2:

:laugh:

HalJordanFan
05-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Doomsday couldn't evolve to this high of a level. He IMO has less of a chance than Sup's did in the other pole.

VaultMan
05-07-2007, 10:23 PM
the only way he was nulified was to take him to the end of time

If this is the issue, then Doomsday could potentially fall before the time-spanning might of...KANG!

VaultMan
05-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Doomsday couldn't evolve to this high of a level. He IMO has less of a chance than Sup's did in the other pole.

Thats what I love about you Hal, even though you're a DC Nationer, you always look at things objectively. Pity the same can't be said about Marvel Zombies.

tigertank1225
05-07-2007, 10:32 PM

it would never end. there sill fighting.

Roguewarrior
05-08-2007, 01:47 AM
destroyer only because I think that he is a cooler character then Doomsday. Too DC for me!

HalJordanFan
05-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Thats what I love about you Hal, even though you're a DC Nationer, you always look at things objectively. Pity the same can't be said about Marvel Zombies.

:thumbs2: Thanks man I just call it like I see it. I know when people are out classed.

Makkari1
05-08-2007, 10:55 AM
:thumbs2: Thanks man I just call it like I see it. I know when people are out classed.

Spoken like a true fan. Its darn shame that DC don't treat Darkseid with the same respect. The Omega's were supposed to be the end all weapon yet Superman regularly defeats him and his Omega's, why?

HalJordanFan
05-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Spoken like a true fan. Its darn shame that DC don't treat Darkseid with the same respect. The Omega's were supposed to be the end all weapon yet Superman regularly defeats him and his Omega's, why?

It's a joke with those Omega Beams. Darkseid was hitting Doomsday with them and he treated them like they were a blast from Firestar. It had no effect on Doomsday what so ever. But if you look up the Omega Effect it says that they destroy whatever the come in contact with and can teleport to any spot in the universe that the object there after is. DC has ruined Darkseid. He's just another run of the mill villian now.

Makkari1
05-08-2007, 03:00 PM
It's a joke with those Omega Beams. Darkseid was hitting Doomsday with them and he treated them like they were a blast from Firestar. It had no effect on Doomsday what so ever. But if you look up the Omega Effect it says that they destroy whatever the come in contact with and can teleport to any spot in the universe that the object there after is. DC has ruined Darkseid. He's just another run of the mill villian now.

I agree 100% that the Omega's as written should be the trump card. If DC had the intention of setting up Doomsday as the one villian that can match Superman blow for blow they overdid it. In setting up Doomsday, they made him more powerful than Darkseid to show how tough he is. You can't have Doomsday so tough that Darkseid can't even beat him when Darkseid is supoosed to be the top villian. Darkseid should be a universal threat in DC as Thanos is in Marvel where multiple team have to be assembled to fight him. Unfortunately Darkseid is now Jobberseid. (sigh)

HalJordanFan
05-08-2007, 07:23 PM
I agree 100% that the Omega's as written should be the trump card. If DC had the intention of setting up Doomsday as the one villian that can match Superman blow for blow they overdid it. In setting up Doomsday, they made him more powerful than Darkseid to show how tough he is. You can't have Doomsday so tough that Darkseid can't even beat him when Darkseid is supoosed to be the top villian. Darkseid should be a universal threat in DC as Thanos is in Marvel where multiple team have to be assembled to fight him. Unfortunately Darkseid is now Jobberseid. (sigh)

I've been sighing for years! :banghead:

Roguewarrior
05-12-2007, 10:38 PM
I think that this is the kind of match up that would have to be seen to believed. These are both very durable characters. I think that either could win depending on who was writing the story. personally though I would have to stick with my original choice only based on favorites.

VaultMan
05-13-2007, 01:39 PM
destroyer only because I think that he is a cooler character then Doomsday.

I agree. How long has Doomsday been around? Does he have history like say a Despero or Amazo?

Roguewarrior
05-13-2007, 07:57 PM
I agree. How long has Doomsday been around? Does he have history like say a Despero or Amazo?

Doomsday came out with that whole 'Death of Superman' craze. Was not that in the mid to late 80s? My computer is being slow tonight or I would research it a little more.

Despero and Amazo have been around alot longer then that. (in other versions)

looch
08-20-2007, 03:13 PM
92 he came on the scene. Then DC back logged him a few years later in the storyline where him and darkseid first met.

It makes me laugh alot of the obvious marvel guys who state doomsday would be disintergrated. Imperiex already did that to him and he evolved and returned. Only problem is though he came back with a conscience. Superman defeated him far too easily after the joker let him out of a vault under the whitehouse.

I suggest a new poll "Destroyer Vs Imperiex"

Even the MU guys wont be able to convince me in that one :buttrock:

Makkari1
08-20-2007, 06:37 PM
92 he came on the scene. Then DC back logged him a few years later in the storyline where him and darkseid first met.

It makes me laugh alot of the obvious marvel guys who state doomsday would be disintergrated. Imperiex already did that to him and he evolved and returned. Only problem is though he came back with a conscience. Superman defeated him far too easily after the joker let him out of a vault under the whitehouse.

Disintergated means that nothing there to evolved from. All cells are destroyed and what can they evolve from? Doomsday could come back by rearranging his sub atomic particals back together but this seems vary crazy to any but true DC nut jobs. Remeber children something can't come from nothing.

HalJordanFan
08-20-2007, 07:19 PM

This isn't accurate. There was a clone of Doomsday during this if my memory serves me correct.

VaultMan
08-21-2007, 12:16 AM
Doomsday...pfah!

The "death ray" from the Destroyer is no Darkseid Omega Beam. :thumbs2: Its built to finish people off...

looch
08-21-2007, 07:15 AM
This isn't accurate. There was a clone of Doomsday during this if my memory serves me correct.

No, im afraid your wrong buddy. After the Impreriex war, Doomsday had been turned to ash (so in regards to my comments re: him being disintergrated were wrong, my apologies) It was Darkseid who helped Luther retrieve the remains. These were handed over to Luther to act as a catalyst in his next regeneration. It was Luther however who tinkered with this regeneration process and added a weakness to kryptonite. This was not a clone! It was Doomsdays next level of evolution. The introduction of his conscience was a flaw as Supes killed him stupidly easy the next time around. This wont kill him again though.

(Look it up yourself if you dont believe me)

All the best

Makkari1
08-21-2007, 11:37 AM
No, im afraid your wrong buddy. After the Impreriex war, Doomsday had been turned to ash (so in regards to my comments re: him being disintergrated were wrong, my apologies) It was Darkseid who helped Luther retrieve the remains. These were handed over to Luther to act as a catalyst in his next regeneration. It was Luther however who tinkered with this regeneration process and added a weakness to kryptonite. This was not a clone! It was Doomsdays next level of evolution. The introduction of his conscience was a flaw as Supes killed him stupidly easy the next time around. This wont kill him again though.

(Look it up yourself if you dont believe me)

All the best

So Doomsday wasn't disintegrated but reduced to ash. When the Destroyer blasts you there is not even ash left to come back from you are gone gone gone.

looch
08-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Makkari1 to an extent i agree with you but remember the disintergration beam is only "said" to annahilate everything, its yet to be tested ;-)

plus, as soon as that viser lowers and the beam starts to generate energy, destroyer is leaving himself open to attack...Doomsday would do well to get stuck in then!

VaultMan
08-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Makkari1 to an extent i agree with you but remember the disintergration beam is only "said" to annahilate everything, its yet to be tested ;-)

plus, as soon as that viser lowers and the beam starts to generate energy, destroyer is leaving himself open to attack...Doomsday would do well to get stuck in then!

This is preposterous. The Destroyer is Odin's handcrafted, perfect engine of destruction. And he's never been disentegrated by some third rate character. :thumbs2:

Makkari1
08-21-2007, 01:31 PM

The Destroyer can fight and chew gum at the same time. If you look at the Destroyer's fights with Thor and others he can easily blast you while the desintegrator is preparing to fire. Remember the Destroyer is powered by a portion of every Godly Pantheon on earth. The Destroyer has so many weapons at its disposal its scary. This thing was designed to fight multiple Celestials. The Destroyer even has the power of molecular manipulation (yes it can rearrange molecules) and I just don't see Doomsday being able to counter that kind of power.

Doomsday is a formidable foe who would give any brick problems but I feel he has his limits. I think that Darkseid's Omega effect should have taken him out. But DC chose to make Doomsday a threat that even Darkseid could not overcome (sigh) just to show how tuff Superman is.

The Destroyer is just on another level and so far the only beings that has survived a direct assult from the Disentegrator beam are the Celestials. IMO Doomsday is not Celestial level.

Tetragrammaton
08-21-2007, 01:34 PM
Well, when the Destroyer went up against the Celestials he also had the combined power of all the Asgardians, with the exception of Thor.

lord odin
08-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Well, when the Destroyer went up against the Celestials he also had the combined power of all the Asgardians, with the exception of Thor.
And look where that got him.:laugh:

Alex655321
08-21-2007, 01:39 PM

Just popped in to say I like the new Avatar Tet:thumbs2:

now back to the debate :)

Makkari1
08-21-2007, 01:41 PM

And you point is?

wktf
08-21-2007, 01:42 PM

Yep, and while Odin (armored in the Destroyer's shell) got his shots in, the Celestials made mince-meat of him.

Makkari1
08-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Cool Avatar Tet what do you call it?

1.) Bender Man
2.) Iron Bender
3.) Bender Iron
4.) Iron Bender Man (Pronounced I'm Ron Benderman)

Makkari1
08-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Yep, and while Odin (armored in the Destroyer's shell) got his shots in, the Celestials made mince-meat of him.

That goes to show you if Odin built this thing to fight Celestials, how will Doomsday stack up? Even after the Destroyer got melted down by the Celestials it still reformed itself after another life force touched it.

bat_collector
08-21-2007, 01:52 PM
Disintergated means that nothing there to evolved from. All cells are destroyed and what can they evolve from? Doomsday could come back by rearranging his sub atomic particals back together but this seems vary crazy to any but true DC nut jobs. Remeber children something can't come from nothing.
then how did sentry get the power of a billion exploding suns from a serum???

Makkari1
08-21-2007, 02:15 PM
then how did sentry get the power of a billion exploding suns from a serum???

How did I think its a million exploding suns but what does it matter. The writers pen grants them all their power. I can't stand Sentry and wish he would go away.

Tetragrammaton
08-21-2007, 02:23 PM
And you point is?

Thanks for asking.

The Destroyer is just on another level and so far the only beings that has survived a direct assult from the Disentegrator beam are the Celestials. IMO Doomsday is not Celestial level.

You post that the Destroyer is just on another level, and imply a Celestial level. I just wanted to point out that the Destroyer at the time was animated by the combined lifeforce of Odin and the rest of Asgards gods (minus Thor) causing it to grow to gigantic height and power. However, even then while the Destroyer could inflict damage on the Celestials, it was minor and ultimately proved no match against them.

This was not the Destroyer's usual state of being and I'm assuming the poll against Doomsday isn't about this incarnation of the Destroyer.

Tetragrammaton
08-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Cool Avatar Tet what do you call it?

1.) Bender Man
2.) Iron Bender
3.) Bender Iron
4.) Iron Bender Man (Pronounced I'm Ron Benderman)

I've been going with Ironbender.

Makkari1
08-21-2007, 02:36 PM
Thanks for asking.

You post that the Destroyer is just on another level, and imply a Celestial level. I just wanted to point out that the Destroyer at the time was animated by the combined lifeforce of Odin and the rest of Asgards gods (minus Thor) causing it to grow to gigantic height and power. However, even then while the Destroyer could inflict damage on the Celestials, it was minor and ultimately proved no match against them.

This was not the Destroyer's usual state of being and I'm assuming the poll against Doomsday isn't about this incarnation of the Destroyer.

Yes you are right that the Destroyer usual state is not a 2000' giant but the same operating system is still there just more powerful. Yes the Destroyer is not on the Celestials level which was clearly proved in Thor #300 but I don't see much else taking him down. Until DC says that Doomsday can grow to 2000' and challenge a Promethean Giant or breach the Source wall he ain't beaten the Destroyer.

Meteor Man
08-21-2007, 06:06 PM
Can't believe I missed this poll, but I agree 100% with the majority here...Destroyer destroys Doomsday!!!