PDA

View Full Version : Comic book lots

Logan
05-07-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm looking for big comic book lots, saw some on Ebay but they don't ship to the Netherlands. Does anyone have comics or know a place that sells them in big lots?

Underdog07
05-07-2007, 12:28 PM
depends what you are looking for. Old stuff in big lots can be purchased from NeatStuffCollectibles. While one of the owners is a nut-job, they often have huge collections that they buy, cherry-pick and then list on EBay.

Newer stuff, heck countelss members of the forum - including yours truly - would love to get rid of major chunks of stuff from 1990-today.

Just keep in mind that shipping boxes of comics overseas is likely going to be quite pricey.

Logan
05-07-2007, 02:03 PM
depends what you are looking for. Old stuff in big lots can be purchased from NeatStuffCollectibles. While one of the owners is a nut-job, they often have huge collections that they buy, cherry-pick and then list on EBay.

Newer stuff, heck countelss members of the forum - including yours truly - would love to get rid of major chunks of stuff from 1990-today.

Just keep in mind that shipping boxes of comics overseas is likely going to be quite pricey.

Well, I'm looking for the newer comics (Civil War etc.) but I also saw dozens of lots for just $0.01ct but the guy only accepted money orders. It really depends on what I'm getting, I'd like to buy a big lot so I can re-sell it over here minus the comics that I like. And yeah, shipping is HELL!

Underdog07
05-07-2007, 02:13 PM
but I also saw dozens of lots for just $0.01ct but the guy only accepted money orders.

Be wary of these 1 cent deals. Often the deal is: (a) bidding starts at 1 cent; (b) shipping is some fixed price like $10; (c) winners of multiple auctions may not combine shipping.

Basically the seller is looking to make his money from the shipping. So you win 3 lots for 3 cents, but spend $30 on shipping and it costs him $4 to ship the 3 lots. That would be why he does not want to ship internationally.

Heroclix sellers were doing this all the time 3 or 4 years ago.

Logan
05-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Be wary of these 1 cent deals. Often the deal is: (a) bidding starts at 1 cent; (b) shipping is some fixed price like $10; (c) winners of multiple auctions may not combine shipping.

Basically the seller is looking to make his money from the shipping. So you win 3 lots for 3 cents, but spend $30 on shipping and it costs him $4 to ship the 3 lots. That would be why he does not want to ship internationally.

Heroclix sellers were doing this all the time 3 or 4 years ago.

Yeah, I know. :banghead: The guy that sold those lots had this to say when I asked him about shipping;

If you pay by way of money order we will send them! we are not covered under paypal protection to the netherlands which is why I say send a money order.. you can figure out your shipping amount based off the international shipping scale posted on each description...make sure it is not the canada one you caculate from.. if you win we will send an invoice letting you know the amount due!

I always hate it when they won't tell me how much the shipping is. :stick: