PDA

View Full Version : Spidey vs. Iron Man: FCBD

wktf
05-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Spoilers:

This preview of Spider-Man: One More Day was in the Free Comic Book Day Spidey book. I just pasted the last two panels...there's more at this link.

Heh, pretty funny seeing Shell Head all webbed up like that:

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Spider-Man/OMD/OMD.html

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Spider-Man/OMD/OMD_Picture6.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Spider-Man/OMD/OMD_Picture7.jpg

lord odin
05-08-2007, 09:52 AM
How can Spidey beat Tony?
He knows damn near everything about Peter.

Gangleri
05-08-2007, 09:52 AM
:) WOW --- Made my Day!!! Thanks for posting.

rychehitman
05-08-2007, 09:56 AM
How can Spidey beat Tony?
He knows damn near everything about Peter.

he cant. Next scene likely has him bursting out of the webbing with ease, and now Peter's webbing supply is exhausted. the ONLY way Spidey takes down Iron Man is in confined quarters where Spidey can land some heavy duty blows and hope to damage the armor. From a distance, he is screwed.

Gangleri
05-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Maybe the stress of combat would cause him mutate further.... beyond what Stark knows about him...but I hope Peter's brain wins the day rather than his Spidey powers.

wktf
05-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Peter trashed Iron Man 2020 just through speed, agility and super strength. Pound for pound he can't take Iron Man but in a free for all fight I think he has a chance.

Regardless, even if Iron Man breaks out in the next panel, I loved seeing Tony get owned. If you go to the link and read the dialogue in the prior panels he comes across as the first class prick he's recently become and deserves a good drubbing, if not by Peter than by The Incredible Hulk!

rychehitman
05-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Peter trashed Iron Man 2020 just through speed, agility and super strength. Pound for pound he can't take Iron Man but in a free for all fight I think he has a chance.

Regardless, even if Iron Man breaks out in the next panel, I loved seeing Tony get owned. If you go to the link and read the dialogue in the prior panels he comes across as the first class prick he's recently become and deserves a good drubbing, if not by Peter than by The Incredible Hulk!

Or a certain Thunderer who might not like the fact that he was cloned!:)

wktf
05-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Or a certain Thunderer who might not like the fact that he was cloned!:)

I say thee: Yea, Verily!!! :buttrock:

lord odin
05-08-2007, 11:28 AM

That was then Tony knows Peter`s weaknesses and besides Spiderman couldn`t even beat Captain America.:laugh:

Tetragrammaton
05-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Cool pics.

What alternate universe does this battle take place in?:)

wktf
05-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Cool pics.

Not the alternative universe you live in, apparently. :)

j/k, Tet.

wktf
05-08-2007, 12:22 PM
That was then Tony knows Peter`s weaknesses and besides Spiderman couldn`t even beat Captain America.:laugh:

I think the difference is that Peter never wanted to fight Cap (and, besides, not many can beat Cap) but with Shell Head he's got a true mad-on and his heart's into stomping Tony.

Tetragrammaton
05-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Not the alternative universe you live in, apparently. :)

j/k, Tet.It's the accuracy of the statement that really hurts.:bawling:

Bullseye
05-08-2007, 12:25 PM

I am sure if it were life and death Spidey would beat Captain America and Iron Man for that matter.

Tetragrammaton
05-08-2007, 12:26 PM
I think the difference is that Peter never wanted to fight Cap (and, besides, not many can beat Cap) but with Shell Head he's got a true mad-on and his heart's into stomping Tony.

It's easy for people to underestimate Spider-Man as, lets face it, some of his foes aren't exactly powerful. I also think he tends to go light on them for this very reason. We've seen Spidey go all-out and win against both Firelord and Iron Man 2020.

moon_knight1971
05-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Nice. Is Quesada drawing this?

HalJordanFan
05-08-2007, 01:39 PM
Cool pics.

I'm with you on this one.:banghead:

wktf
05-08-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm with you on this one.:banghead:

As Tet said, Spider-Man's dismantled Iron Man 2020 and Firelord before. Let's not forget the guy can press several tons and has incredible speed which, combined with his strenth, should give him terrific force and striking power. He is outgunned by Iron Man but I think it's within Spidey's ability to defeat him.

lord odin
05-08-2007, 01:51 PM
This is true.

lord odin
05-08-2007, 01:53 PM
I am sure if it were life and death Spidey would beat Captain America and Iron Man for that matter.
Cap sure Iron man I don`t see it at least not now with Tony knowing Peter will have a mad on for him.
I can see Tony just laying there and Spidey couldn`t dent the armor.

Bullseye
05-08-2007, 02:25 PM
But your forgetting that Peter is a talented scientist in his own right. The whole Civil War thing was really centred around IM and Cap anyway and any mini battle was only a sideshow to the main event. I still say Spidey would take most of the Marvel Universe with the exception of a choice few on strenght but when you include his smarts he would cause trouble for even them.

wktf
05-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Cap sure Iron man I don`t see it at least not now with Tony knowing Peter will have a mad on for him.
I can see Tony just laying there and Spidey couldn`t dent the armor.

Spider-Man turned Iron Man 2020's armor into busted scrap metal. I think a dent would be the least of Iron Man's worries.

lord odin
05-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Spider-Man turned Iron Man 2020's armor into busted scrap metal. I think a dent would be the least of Iron Man's worries.
But that wasn`t Tony the same guy who took Peter under his wing and who knows Peter is just a little upset with him.
It`s like when he fought Cap it was no challenge because he was ready for Cap ditto for Spidey.
when IM fights Thor or Hulk he has upgrades beacuse he knows his regular armor wouldn`t be enough.

Ink
05-08-2007, 06:29 PM

yeah, spidey is the lesser of 2 evils there

rilynil
05-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Spidey is certainly capable of opening a can of whup-ass on Iron Man. :)

Gangleri
05-08-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm not sure if this was a What-IF or an alternate earth story...but didn't Peter design a "armor" of his own...not talking about the Stark designed suit used in the Avenger/CW period. IF he could use it now it might alow him to go toe to toe with IM...but I'm thinking his agility and speed would be reduced. If he helped with the Stark/Spidey suit he might be able to modify the original design....add a few suprises for a fight with IM.

Ink
05-08-2007, 11:05 PM
I'm not sure if this was a What-IF or an alternate earth story...but didn't Peter design a "armor" of his own...not talking about the Stark designed suit used in the Avenger/CW period. IF he could use it now it might alow him to go toe to toe with IM...but I'm thinking his agility and speed would be reduced. If he helped with the Stark/Spidey suit he might be able to modify the original design....add a few suprises for a fight with IM.

you mean the silver one?

Tetragrammaton
05-08-2007, 11:08 PM
http://i17.tinypic.com/52nv6ub.jpg

Gangleri
05-08-2007, 11:25 PM
I remembet a cover and issue of SM that showed a slightly different design....but that's a great picture. Going in the right direction....

bjread
05-09-2007, 09:35 AM
The above pages leave out that Spidey has already knocked out starks ability to fly by webbing up his jet boots (or whatever they're called). One would think he could just burn it off but he was unable to in the previous pages. He had to use his hand repulsor to slow them down so they could land. The reason he had to use his Uni-beam is because his repulsor was fried. Given these circumstances....Spidey kicks Tony's @$$.

bat_collector
05-09-2007, 10:08 AM
I hope they kill tony stark

Veritas
05-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Kill Iron Man. He sucks.

Ink
05-09-2007, 01:17 PM
The above pages leave out that Spidey has already knocked out starks ability to fly by webbing up his jet boots (or whatever they're called). One would think he could just burn it off but he was unable to in the previous pages. He had to use his hand repulsor to slow them down so they could land. The reason he had to use his Uni-beam is because his repulsor was fried. Given these circumstances....Spidey kicks Tony's @$$.

yup, take away the toys...and ironman has nothin

Tetragrammaton
05-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Never would have believed that Iron Man was behind Aunt May's shooting!

Maybe he really is evil.

http://i16.tinypic.com/5ymzyq1.jpg

Immovable Blob
05-09-2007, 02:00 PM
Much as I hate Iron Man, Spider-Man can at best hope for a draw by dodging away. I too hope they finish Iron Man.

rychehitman
05-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Never would have believed that Iron Man was behind Aunt May's shooting!

Maybe he really is evil.

http://i16.tinypic.com/5ymzyq1.jpg

HOLY CRAP!

Is that on the level Tetra?

If it is, this is an earth shattering development indeed!

Tetragrammaton
05-09-2007, 02:11 PM
:D

rychehitman
05-09-2007, 02:12 PM
damn...let me take the hook out of my mouth!:confused2

:thumbs2:

Ink
05-09-2007, 02:44 PM
wow what a rat bastard

wktf
05-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Nice photoshop, Tet.

Tetragrammaton
05-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Nice photoshop, Tet.

Thanks, you know most people would be more than happy with this "alternate" ending to Amazing 540.

wktf
05-10-2007, 11:33 AM
True, but I'm also glad Kinpin has resurfaced in the Spider-Man universe after being DD's villain nearly exclussively for so long.

rilynil
05-10-2007, 11:53 AM
True, but I'm also glad Kinpin has resurfaced in the Spider-Man universe after being DD's villain nearly exclussively for so long.
And I truly hope Spidey doesn't kill him. It seems that lately there has to be a strong threat of someone dying in every comic book I read. That's complete BS. If I wanted death every day, I'd watch the news.

Tetragrammaton
05-11-2007, 04:32 AM

OK getting back to the six preview pages of Amazing 544, I'd just like to take a moment and point out two details.

One; I find it interesting that after Iron Man crash lands using his repulsor unit in his right gauntlet as a brake, our boy-genius Peter tells him how overloaded it must be. I'm pretty sure the other repulsor is still working fine if Tony really wanted take Pete's non-spider sensing head off.

Two; again while the IM haters will be celebrating these pages as a great Spidey victory over Shellhead, I like to also point out that, again if he wanted to actually hurt Petey, the unibeam wouldn't be set to spotlight during that encounter. Remember when Graviton got toasted?

That blood on the faceplate isn't Tony's.

http://i2.tinypic.com/63r838p.jpghttp://i8.tinypic.com/5z39ny9.jpg

Bullseye
05-11-2007, 05:52 AM
I don't like were Marvel are taking Ironman as a character. The Marvel Universe is begining to look like the WWE. I'm sure IM will make a hero's return by the end of the year. Surely to God the writters can come up with something better.

In a way its like they have given up on the existing bad guys.

lord odin
05-11-2007, 10:28 AM
I don't like were Marvel are taking Ironman as a character. The Marvel Universe is begining to look like the WWE. I'm sure IM will make a hero's return by the end of the year. Surely to God the writters can come up with something better.

In a way its like they have given up on the existing bad guys.
I think it`s because of bad writing and they seem to be always going for shock value in their stories.

Roguewarrior
05-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Very cool. I dont remember this, but I cant imagine that IM stayed tied up like that for long judging by the glow on IMs chest. Has Spiderman really gotten that powerful since the whole redo just prior to the Civil War thing. I did not read 'the Other' as I was tired of another 'life changing event' in Peters life. I think that Marvel has a contract that Peter Parker need to have his life turned on its tail in an annual timescale. Sorry got on a bit of a soap box there.

Tetragrammaton
05-12-2007, 11:59 PM
Spidey's definitely changed over the last few years due to "the Other" and other factors.

Organic webbing, twice as strong as he used to be, mystical origin, night vision, bone claws...

Roguewarrior
05-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Spidey's definitely changed over the last few years due to "the Other" and other factors.

Organic webbing, twice as strong as he used to be, mystical origin, night vision, bone claws...

Bone claws?!?!?!?!

Tetragrammaton
05-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Unfortunately, yeah.

parasite74
05-13-2007, 10:02 PM

Did this all happen in the Other story line,I just got back to reading spidey and seem to have missed all of it.

ANGRYCOMICMAN
05-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Bone claws?!?!?!?!

They're like stingers.
Some spiders have them on their legs.
They are used to hold down their prey.

wktf
05-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Bone claws?!?!?!?!

From the "Other" story line. I haven't seen him use them since, though.

HalJordanFan
05-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Unfortunately, yeah.

Whne the hell did this happen? :banghead:

lord odin
05-14-2007, 12:17 PM
After he died i`m not joking either.:thumbsdow

HalJordanFan
05-14-2007, 12:29 PM
After he died i`m not joking either.:thumbsdow

Who died? Parker?

Tetragrammaton
05-14-2007, 01:16 PM
Yes, Peter, whose spider-powers now aren't really from a radioactive spider but from an ancient mystical force, faces a mortal enemy he never knew about called Morlun, gets beaten to death, and soon is reborn in a new body emerging from the dried up husk of his previous dead body, now more spider than Spider Man ever was before.

Oh and he has bone claws that shoot out from his wrists, that he likes to call stingers.

No, I have not been drinking.

Read for yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_The_Other

Ink
05-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Yes, Peter, whose spider-powers now aren't really from a radioactive spider but from an ancient mystical force, faces a mortal enemy he never knew about called Morlun, gets beaten to death, and soon is reborn in a new body emerging from the dried up husk of his previous dead body, now more spider than Spider Man ever was before.

Oh and he has bone claws that shoot out from his wrists, that he likes to call stingers.

No, I have not been drinking.

Read for yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_The_Other

:sly2:

wktf
05-14-2007, 04:20 PM

From the "Other" storyline, which I posted above your post.

'Nuff
05-14-2007, 04:56 PM
From the "Other" storyline, which I posted above your post.

I loved that storyline...Makes me wanna go back and read it again...:buttrock:

Tetragrammaton
05-14-2007, 11:00 PM
I hope they kill tony stark

For the last time, Tony Stark is NOT evil!

http://i9.tinypic.com/6c2t89j.jpg

Brru
05-15-2007, 02:53 AM
LOL

Justin
05-15-2007, 05:39 AM
For the last time, Tony Stark is NOT evil!

http://i9.tinypic.com/6c2t89j.jpg

:laugh:

parasite74
05-16-2007, 01:40 AM
has he ever used the stingers in a fight?

Tetragrammaton
05-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Yes, he's used them a couple of times so far. The first time, even before his rebirth during the Other.

http://i14.tinypic.com/632atxv.jpg