PDA

View Full Version : what should happen to iron man

hawkeyethearcher
05-08-2007, 12:21 PM
how do they fix the current mess and make everyone like iron man again or make evryone hate him

Tetragrammaton
05-08-2007, 12:32 PM
I don't see there is anything to fix.

He made a decision that he believed to be right and did some not very nice things to make sure it happened. He knew this wouldn't win him any popularity contests, but did them anyways. Do the ends justify the means in this case? No, probably not, as they seldom do.

Iron Man isn't the super hero that everyone can relate to (Spider-Man) or wrapped in the America flag. He's just someone who has strong beliefs about a better future for everyone, a future he uses his intellect and resources to bring about. He's never going to be liked by everyone.

HalJordanFan
05-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Kill him. And then do the trendy thing in comics and bring him back in 6 months. Just blame it on alien abduction!

wktf
05-08-2007, 01:47 PM

He made a decision that he believed to be right and did some not very nice things to make sure it happened. He knew this wouldn't win him any popularity contests, but did them anyways. Do the ends justify the means in this case? No, probably not, as they seldom do.

Iron Man isn't the super hero that everyone can relate to (Spider-Man) or wrapped in the America flag. He's just someone who has strong beliefs about a better future for everyone, a future he uses his intellect and resources to bring about. He's never going to be liked by everyone.

I've been a long time Iron Man fan, since the sixties, and have read his book pretty conitnuously since that time. I've alwasy liked the character, up until now. No, I could never relate to him, any more than anyone can relate to Bruce Wayne. But now the means so greatly do not justify the desired end that I simply cannot stand the guy for what he's done. And I felt sorry for him in Civil War: Confessions, too. I don't want to kill him but would like him to become a hero again.

twisterred
05-08-2007, 01:54 PM

I agree 100%

moon_knight1971
05-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Blame KANG.

lord odin
05-08-2007, 02:04 PM
He should run for president he already was SOD so why not.
Tony Stark for President with no term limit.:buttrock:

otdirtdog12
05-08-2007, 04:18 PM

well said.

Gangleri
05-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Really enjoyed reading Iron Man in the 70's-80's. But I think the writers have made the character too complicated. He was/is a brilliant industrialist...(unlike Richards who invents for the thrill of discovery) who helps people because he sees an injustice. Civil War was an extension of that...but because he's overcompensating because of some human failings (drink - arrogance (Cap had the right idea --but lacked the power to make IM reevaluate his position) - loss(Original Avengers team )....Tony doesn't need someone to SMASH his bubble or bring the HAMMER down....he needs to realise he is the source of the injustice and stop himself, otherwise he will turn into one of the very villains he's fought in the past. Something Tony will do will endanger innocents and he will withdraw from the superhero trade for awhile. Just My Opinion.

lord odin
05-08-2007, 06:34 PM
Really enjoyed reading Iron Man in the 70's-80's. But I think the writers have made the character too complicated. He was/is a brilliant industrialist...(unlike Richards who invents for the thrill of discovery) who helps people because he sees an injustice. Civil War was an extension of that...but because he's overcompensating because of some human failings (drink - arrogance (Cap had the right idea --but lacked the power to make IM reevaluate his position) - loss(Original Avengers team )....Tony doesn't need someone to SMASH his bubble or bring the HAMMER down....he needs to realise he is the source of the injustice and stop himself, otherwise he will turn into one of the very villains he's fought in the past. Something Tony will do will endanger innocents and he will withdraw from the superhero trade for awhile. Just My Opinion.
That`s what happened to Cap.

Gangleri
05-08-2007, 06:48 PM
That`s what happened to Cap.

Your right ...different sides to the same coin. But Cap saw he was hurting people...Tony hasn't seen that yet...the flaw of arrogance again. I just think that if Thor or HULK come after him they better kill him because they won't convince him he's wrong....most bad people don't consider themselves villains...neither will he.

Tetragrammaton
05-08-2007, 06:54 PM
The way people are talking you would think he's becoming the new Doctor Doom for pete's sake!

Tony Stark is NOT a super villain, he never was and he NEVER will be.

http://i15.tinypic.com/6g2zqr8.jpg

Gangleri
05-08-2007, 07:05 PM
IM is imposing his will on the U.S. super-powered community. Doom word is law in Latveria (sp?).... not much difference. If you don't agree with IM you are an outlaw...who pulls Tony back if he goes to far...the very goverment teams that IM helped put together??

Ink
05-08-2007, 07:07 PM
I voted, get his head pounded in by the hulk:D

maybe that will straighten his ass out

lord odin
05-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Does anyone miss drunk Tony?

Tetragrammaton
05-08-2007, 10:07 PM
"Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all the worlds problems"
- Anthony Stark, Iron Man Vol I, issue 124

lord odin
05-08-2007, 10:09 PM
"Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all the worlds problems"
- Anthony Stark, Iron Man Vol I, issue 124
A toast to the good ole days.:thumbs2:

rilynil
05-08-2007, 10:24 PM
I've had enough death in comics for a while. Like I said in another thread, there's enough death in the real world without worrying about comic book characters.

lord odin
05-08-2007, 10:34 PM
I've had enough death in comics for a while. Like I said in another thread, there's enough death in the real world without worrying about comic book characters.
Yeah it`s to the point right now that if Jesus came back they`d ask him what took him so long.:laugh:

CompEng1
05-08-2007, 10:37 PM

The Thing should pound him into Iron Jelly. And if you don't he he can do it...ask Thor! You'll have to dig deep for this one.

VaultMan
05-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Blame KANG.

Indeed.:thumbs2:

VaultMan
05-08-2007, 10:45 PM
how do they fix the current mess and make everyone like iron man again or make evryone hate him

Get a lot of rope, and find a tall tree...

lord odin
05-08-2007, 10:51 PM
The big problem is marvel has dug a deep hole for Tony and to redeem him is going to take alot of good writing.
Now say Hulk comes back and goes on a rampage and Tony stops him well it was Tony that did it to Hulk in the first place Hulk was always an engine of destruction but now he`s a demigod on a mission.
I`m sick of the lame writing of clones and mind control but I have no doubt that Iron man will be flying high just in time for his movie.

Ink
05-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Get a lot of rope, and find a tall tree...

and make sure joey Q is at the end of it

Tetragrammaton
05-08-2007, 10:57 PM
I can see a major defeat and some sort of personal loss to Iron Man during WWH. Essentially punishment for not only sending the misunderstood Hulk into exile, but chiefly for his questionable actions during Civil War.

Also, Iron Man can not be redeemed until Steve Rogers returns to the land of the living.

Jabberwocky
05-08-2007, 11:24 PM
There is always room for another clone in Quesada's Marvel Universe. :thumbs2:

VaultMan
05-09-2007, 05:57 AM
[QUOTE=Tetragrammaton
Also, Iron Man can not be redeemed until Steve Rogers returns to the land of the living.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, which is at least a year away.

Ink
05-09-2007, 07:25 AM
There is always room for another clone in Quesada's Marvel Universe. :thumbs2:

the one we have is bad enough:redface:

JDH
05-09-2007, 08:16 AM
I'd forgive him everything if they put him back in the classic suit. Seeing it in Earth's Mightiest Heroes is a joy, everywhere else he shows up is painful to see.

Lizard King
05-09-2007, 11:15 AM
The idea that I have would involve the Hulk coming home. I'd have the Hulks return cause so much damage etc. that the goverment starts believing that maybe all superpowered individuals, registered or unregistered may be a threat. With the govt. turning against all superpowers, the heroes would begin banding together again in the face of a common enemy. Iron Man could take the opportunity to lead the campaign against the threat of whatever the govt. throws at them. This could allude to the "Days of Futures Past", or whatever you like, but in the end, Iron Man could come out of the crisis looking more like a hero and less like a facist. It's just an idea, but if done well, a story line like this could fix the mess I think Civil War made of the Marvel Universe and unite it's super hero community again.

Veritas
05-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Kill Iron Man. He sucks.

I'm gonna put this in every thread.

Gangleri
05-09-2007, 03:59 PM
If you know/remember Guardians of the Galaxy future history...The earth is invaded and Tony shoots his armor collection in to space...so his IM tech won't be captured. The armor is later discovered by a alien race that bases their society (in part) on Stark' designs. There has been talk of a KillRaven series being published.....maybe MU heroes plan to send IM armor/Stark into space because of events in Civil War and just about that time the the earth is invaded. Becauise he's human and facts were lost over time ... they made Tony look like a hero in the future history books.

imthkman
05-09-2007, 04:16 PM

Amen. I like comics to briefly escape from reality, not to see how closely they can mimic it.

bat_collector
05-09-2007, 04:20 PM
kill him!

Tetragrammaton
05-09-2007, 04:23 PM
:bawling: Someone's cranky today.

Must be real sad for all the Iron Man haters these days. Tony's on top of the world, appearing in multiple titles, and with a movie down the road.

Wishing, hoping, and posting for him to die isn't going to change any of this.

Veritas
05-09-2007, 04:34 PM
kill him!

:D:D:D We can still try though!!:D

bat_collector
05-09-2007, 04:34 PM
:bawling: Someone's cranky today.

http://i6.tinypic.com/632ulv7.jpg

Must be real sad for all the Iron Man haters these days. Tony's on top of the world, appearing in multiple titles, and with a movie down the road.

Wishing, hoping, and posting for him to die isn't going to change any of this.

I did the next best thing, stop buying Marvel comics with him in it.:thumbs2:

Tetragrammaton
05-09-2007, 04:37 PM
The only real way to effect change at Marvel.

bat_collector
05-09-2007, 04:39 PM
The only real way to effect change at Marvel.

hey, I'm happy an iron man fan like you is happy with the current state of affairs

Tetragrammaton
05-09-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm happy the character's been given exposure, but I can't say I'm happy with his portrayal or his new role as center of all-things bad in the Marvel Universe.

Why is it that when Pym, Richards and Stark were behind Clor that everyone seemingly blames just Tony?

Why is it when Richards, Strange, Black Bolt and Stark exile the Hulk everyone still blames just Tony?

Was Tony behind the shooters who put bullets into Cap and Aunt May? Yet, everyone still blames him.

bat_collector
05-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Hey, he always seemed a bit sketchy to me.:)

At least you got the iron man 6 pack from bowen to look forward to! I doubt that will portray him in a bad light.

Tetragrammaton
05-09-2007, 04:57 PM
It could...a number of people were upset about the triple-packs. :)

bat_collector
05-09-2007, 05:11 PM
It could...a number of people were upset about the triple-packs. :)

lol

lord odin
05-09-2007, 05:15 PM
I'm happy the character's been given exposure, but I can't say I'm happy with his portrayal or his new role as center of all-things bad in the Marvel Universe.

Why is it that when Pym, Richards and Stark were behind Clor that everyone seemingly blames just Tony?

Why is it when Richards, Strange, Black Bolt and Stark exile the Hulk everyone still blames just Tony?

Was Tony behind the shooters who put bullets into Cap and Aunt May? Yet, everyone still blames him.

I don`t blame Tony I blame Captain America if he`d only stayed a popsicle this wouldn`t have happened.:thumbs2:

Gangleri
05-09-2007, 10:58 PM
I don`t blame Tony I blame Captain America if he`d only stayed a popsicle this wouldn`t have happened.:thumbs2:

It might turn out that the original Cap was never retrieved from the Ice....The Goverment needed someone inside the Original Avengers group...to help keep this powerful team under control...and the symbol of America was chosen. The Original group broke up and the Goverment realized what a powerful tool the Avengers were...The Captain was allowed to form a team....the rest is history.

Or maybe Wanda wanted to be a Hero(being part of the Brotherhood @ the time -- was it ever explained how she and her brother left Magneto's group??) so she used her Hex Power to cause things to be set in motion that Captain America to be "found" on that Ice Flow.

Maybe Stark found out(either case) and knew he needed to discredit "Cap" or loose the Avengers as an effective group....all this time he's been fighting to find a way to keep the Goverment off the MU super-powered community. He thinks that maybe he can Stop a future like "Days of Future Past" from happening.

If a IM movie is coming out they will find a way to make him a "Hero" again.

Tetragrammaton
06-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Apparently post WWH Iron Man is going to modify his armor to better reflect his new status in the Marvel Universe.

http://i15.tinypic.com/4lf70ig.jpg

marvelboi77
06-16-2007, 12:22 AM
Cripple him. He can only walk in the suit.

Tetragrammaton
06-16-2007, 12:23 AM
The funny thing is, it's been done! :)

Iron Man Vol I, issues 243 - 248

http://i10.tinypic.com/4vrk32x.jpg