PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Rider - The Quiet Storm

protector2814
05-09-2007, 08:18 PM
:buttrock: With all the big Spring and Summer Events underway or finishing in the Marvel and DC Worlds, I thought I'd give a quiet shout-out to one of the truly great comics being produced right now. Marvel's Ghost Rider series has been thundering along now for 11 kick-as# issues. The 3-part "Legend of Sleepy Hollow" story-line ended this week...and I gotta say, I was blown away. Writer, Danny Way's eerie story was fantastic and all tied in with the series' thread or could be enjoyed as a stand alone. The art by Saltares and Texeira was and is perfect. Jack O' Lantern's dead body being used by the devil was just so cool and understated. Jonny Blaze and a small town Sheriff team-up in a story that just swam with uncomplicated 70's, vibe. I tell you, with all the 12 part, 52 part, six-month story-lines being force-fed down our throats by DC and Marvel of late, I gotta give respect to the under-the-radar 70's anti-hero books that Marvels been sliding on the racks with zero fan-fare. Ghost Rider, Blade, Monster Unleashed (Werewolf by Night, Man-Thing, Zombie) and now, possibly & hopefully Nova are all back and are competely untethered by some suit's idea on how to make a billion dollars an epic. You don't need 52 weeks to tell a killer story just read Ghost Rider.

rychehitman
05-09-2007, 08:30 PM
very well written and passionate review! You sold me on picking up an that Sleepy Hollow story arc. Jack O' Lanterns body being used by the devil? Sounds interesting!

moon_knight1971
05-10-2007, 02:01 AM
Decent read I agree!:)

rilynil
05-10-2007, 03:54 AM
I've almost picked up some of those issues so many times. I have a feeling I'm definitely going to be buying the trades.

tuv1305
05-10-2007, 09:18 AM
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow has indeed been some great stuff. This new Ghost Rider series had kind of a rough patch prior to the current storyline but I'm hoping this book is here for the long haul.

MiamiLoco
05-10-2007, 10:05 AM
You don't need 52 weeks to tell a killer story just read Ghost Rider.

NICE!!! LOL

BTW I dropped this book cause it started out pretty weak IMO. I do plan to revisit this book for WWH!!!