PDA

View Full Version : Worlds Mightest Super Heros?

furie
01-17-2005, 02:12 PM
The new Worlds Mightest Super Hero book on the stands now; is that old heros in new stories? I saw Hawkeye. What's the deal?

gman
01-17-2005, 02:17 PM
i just read #1-5 that a buddy let me borrow...was ok. it seems these stories take place between the original issues...i think #4 or 5 is like around issue #8 with kang. art is decent but not really to my liking.

wktf
01-17-2005, 02:19 PM
It's a modern retelling of the earliest Avengers Lee/Kirby stories. Though now they're moving into the Lee/Don Heck period.

The new Worlds Mightest Super Hero book on the stands now; is that old heros in new stories? I saw Hawkeye. What's the deal?

furie
01-17-2005, 02:22 PM
So this is how Hawkeye was brought into the fold?

wktf
01-17-2005, 02:35 PM
No, the whole connection to Jarvis and his parents is new. If I remember right he walked into the mansion and requested membership. Iron Man, his former adversary, fought the idea but Cap accepted him. A little ironic considering how much trouble Hawkeye gave Cap over the years since then.

spider-man
01-17-2005, 05:18 PM
hmmm. this sounds interesting

Garrett
01-19-2005, 11:43 AM
No, the whole connection to Jarvis and his parents is new. If I remember right he walked into the mansion and requested membership. Iron Man, his former adversary, fought the idea but Cap accepted him. A little ironic considering how much trouble Hawkeye gave Cap over the years since then.
Your right,
He had been a foe of Iron Man, but originally wanted to be a hero but due to unforeseen circumstances got mistook for a villain and fell in with The Black Widow at the time she was working for the reds. She was shoot (for turning her back on her past masters) and taken away in an ambulance, and he decided to make amends for his past wrong doings and join the Avengers.
Iron Man put a good word in for him and the rest is history.
This happened back in the very first run of The Avengers in issue 16, the same time the first big roster change which others were Cap, Scarlet Which and Quicksilver.