PDA

View Full Version : AFRO SAMURAI

moon_knight1971
05-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Just got disc 1 of AFRO SAMURAI from netflix the other day and want to know what you guys think about it? I've only watched the 1st episode thus far but I'm loving the animation style, blood and bad language so far!

batman1180
05-24-2007, 11:36 AM
If it's the directors cut you are in for a pretty decent show.

If it's the spike TV edited show, you are in for an alright show.

moon_knight1971
05-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Director's cut baby! Blood and cussing galore!:buttrock:

batman1180
05-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Director's cut baby! Blood and cussing galore!:buttrock:

:thumbs2:

Achiever
06-16-2007, 01:30 AM
This was a great series. I'm not heavily into anime, but I know something awesome when I see it. Cowboy Bebop is still my favorite of all time, tho.

Ink
06-16-2007, 07:34 AM
I watched a little bit on spike one night

P1X4R
08-15-2007, 11:21 AM
i haven't watched the series yet but i noticed there's a statue for it.

http://kungfurodeo.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/afro_samurai_maquette.jpg

then i noticed something that won't allow me to buy it. the dude on the right is being disrespectful. my wife would have a problem with that. this was the same thing when Sideshow had the original base for Elektra which is why i think they changed it.

J Storm
08-15-2007, 12:46 PM
This is a MUST OWN! I never saw it on TV & bought the director's cut. It's a great f'n show. Is there gonna be a season 2?

Sgt Taz
08-15-2007, 03:22 PM
If I hadnt watched Samurai champloo first I would have thought Afro was the bomb. As it is though, Afro is a pretty decent anime but Samurai is better.

Vracula
08-19-2007, 10:14 PM
afro is awesome!thats it.its awesome!

Foord
08-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Must have seen it at a bad time, as I wasn't all that impressed. The annoying "companion" who acted as irritating story-teller dumbed it down too much. I like trying to figure out my Anime. The sex scenes were pretty gross too. The premise of everyone fighting over head bands seemed really thin. 2.5 out of 5 .

demonhunter
08-25-2007, 12:38 PM
Yeah, the idea that everybody fights over headbands that do not grant any benefits or power of any kind is hard to accept and believe.

2 stars out of 5.

puntapret
09-03-2007, 06:09 AM
i haven't watched the series yet but i noticed there's a statue for it.

http://kungfurodeo.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/afro_samurai_maquette.jpg

then i noticed something that won't allow me to buy it. the dude on the right is being disrespectful. my wife would have a problem with that. this was the same thing when Sideshow had the original base for Elektra which is why i think they changed it.

Damn, you are rite P1X, i'm considering buying it, but now :thumbsdow , i have the same opinion with your wife

MrYac
09-04-2007, 07:19 PM
i'm sure the disrespect is intended seeing as how thats the kind of character Ninja is, but please tell me why exactly is it disrespectful?

P1X4R
09-04-2007, 09:59 PM
i would think it's pretty clear. well, without getting into it too deeply.. he is sitting on a religious symbol of worship. i don't want to turn this into a heated debate but it's just personal opinions over subject matter. i think it's a pretty cool dio but that one bit irks me enough to not get it. i know for some it may be something totally hard to understand.

for example, i've been grown and taught by my parents to not wear my shoes in the house. i always take them off before entering. it's been a custom thing that i've always respected and continue to do today. i've had friends question me why. it sounds funny i know. :) they look at me very oddly and offended. do you guys remember the original base to Sideshow's Elektra PF figure? same concept.

Foord
09-05-2007, 10:03 AM
No shoes in the house is also a very logical custom from a hygiene perspective. I remember in Hungary how everyone had slippers/sandals for guests to change into at the entrance ways. Seemed strange at first but when you think about it it makes perfect sense. Not to sidetrack the thread...

HELLION
09-05-2007, 03:34 PM
If I hadnt watched Samurai champloo first I would have thought Afro was the bomb. As it is though, Afro is a pretty decent anime but Samurai is better.

I own the first 5 cd's of Samurai champloo and know it's one kick ass show. I' going to pull them out right now and watch. Unfortuantly I have not watched Afro but will need to do so soon. Art looks good!