PDA

View Full Version : Marvel vs Capcom 2

Venom4131
06-01-2007, 10:53 AM
I'm sure there's quite a few people here who love this game...

What's your favorite team to use? Also, which one character is your favorite?

Sentinel is my best character. His projectiles are ridiculous, and he flies faster than any character in the game. His only drawbacks are land speed and he's a huge target, but if you know what you're doing, you can keep the opponent on the other side of the screen the whole time. It can get cheesy (like Cable, Cyclops, IronMan etc.) so I try not to use him when I'm just playing with friends.

I usually go with Sentinel, Cammy, and Akuma. I love fast characters, so Cammy works perfect...and I've always loved Akuma. He's the only character I ever use in Street Fighter games. It's all about the Raging Demon.

I also like Ken, Dan, Rogue, Wolverine, Morrigan and Spider-Man. I need to practice with Storm, Magneto, and some of the other tier 1 characters...I've seen people absolutely destroy the world with them.

Vince-Vell
06-01-2007, 11:58 AM
My main Team was always Akuma and Charlie for the VS series, but when this one came out i mixed it up a lot.

Akuma, Strider, Charlie

Akuma, Charlie, Guile

Akuma, Psylocke, Dark Sakura

But playing the computer, all i need is Guile and dont even need any others to jump in ad out. Guile is sick with his air combos.

Anyone who uses Cable is cheap and cant play the game, cause you can burn everyone of his supers in the air with his plasma gun BS. I seen guys do this at arcades all the time. Even one time some smuck used it so much and won so much, that a group of guys pulled him out of the arcade and beat his ass.

Dan is so much fun to use, specialy when i whoop my cousins ass with him. Ever use his reverse ragining demon? My god that is the funniest move i ever seen in a SF game. Its oposite of Akumas raging demon and takes a tiny bit of health from the enemy, and brings Dans health to 1hp no matter what life he has. To funny.

Venom4131
06-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Way to go with Akuma!

Yes, I use Dan all the time. Did you know that in MvC2 Dan's reverse Raging Demon is the strongest move in the game? It's not like it is in SF games, where it takes you to 1 HP and barely hurts the opponent.

Finishing someone in SF with Dan's move is like a slap in the face.

Vince-Vell
06-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Ya i always used Akuma since he was a hidden character, hes my all time Fav character from SF. I used to love poping him out in the X-Men capcom game in arcades. People never knew who the hell he was.

Never bothered with Dans RD in MvsC2, but will try it out. I knew a guy in college that lived in the arcade playing all the SF games. Used to see him there before i went to work at nights and when i got off of work at nights. He mastered Dan, and was able to finish people off with that pathetic RD and win. Man he was good, but no life.

Sad thing is my memory card crapped out and i saved all my other SF game info to a new card, and lost everything for MvC2. I havent played it in a while, but damn pain to unlock everyone all over again.

Venom4131
06-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Yeah, I finished my friend (who's really good at SF games) with Dan's RD in one of the old SF games. It was hilarious. He told me right before I did it that if I ever pulled it off on him, he'd quit playing SF forever. Well, he didn't quit...haha. Dan is obviously awful at ranged combat, but up close, he's awesome.

As far as getting your characters unlocked again, just leave the game on Practice mode all night while you sleep and/or all day while you're at work...when you come back to it, you will have thousands of credits to buy characters. Shouldn't take but a handful of times to get everyone back. The max points you can have at once are 9999, so make sure you buy characters and use all the points each time before letting it run again.

DarthPredamorph
06-01-2007, 01:23 PM
I like using Strider and Gambit. The third one just depends on my mood.

Btw, Cable might be cheap...but he sure is fun to use against egotystical friends. :D

Vince-Vell
06-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Kewl i will have to do that one day leaving on practice mode. Dont feel like playing all the time to unlock them again.

One thing that did piss me off about this version, is they toned down Charlie. He was kick ass in X-men Vs SF, but MvC2 they nerfed his pop up for air combos, and toned down his combos a lot.

I call my cosuin crazy thumbs when he plays me, cause all he does is use Spiderman, Iron Man and war machine. End of one match hes got blisters on his thumbs the size on a dime.

Venom4131
06-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Never was a fan of charge characters. Ironman and War Machine are cheese-city.

I wish they'd get the licenses back together, so they could make a Marvel vs Capcom 3...that would be my dream come true. Get every SF, Darkstalkers, Final Fight, Resident Evil, and miscellaneous Capcom character and throw in a hundred or so Marvel characters...that would be the best game ever made.

DarthPredamorph
06-01-2007, 03:10 PM
How about a Marvel vs. DC vs. Capcom game? :D

Venom4131
06-01-2007, 03:29 PM

I hate DC, but why not? Throw em in there. While they're at it, throw in the Ninja Turtles, G.I. Joe's (especially Snake Eyes & Stormshadow), Dragonball Z, Mortal Kombat, and every other character they can think of. That would be sick.

Ink
06-01-2007, 03:35 PM
cyclops
ryu
spiderman
strider

Venom4131
06-01-2007, 04:01 PM
cyclops
ryu
spiderman
strider

I hate Ryu...I always have. He was the one guy everyone liked, so I always would pick Ken to kick his ass with. Ryu hits hard, but his kicks and specials suck.

In my opinion, Akuma > Ken > Dan > Ryu.

Ink
06-01-2007, 04:05 PM
I hate Ryu...I always have. He was the one guy everyone liked, so I always would pick Ken to kick his ass with. Ryu hits hard, but his kicks and specials suck.

the super finisher combo on my team was wicked:thumbs2:

Vince-Vell
06-01-2007, 04:37 PM

Guess you guys never herd of Mugen for PC.

Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-mEFw6eBAg

In this one, you can see a BIG page of character pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5lXX4QHVAQ&mode=related&search=

What mugen is for that dont know. Its the VS engine, which people create "Sprites" for. Sprites are the animated characters.

If you download the mugen engine for your PC, you then can find hundreds of sprites people created for it and just plunk them into your mugen folder for PC.

I messed with it while back when i did own a PC and had like 50 characters i put into it. Only problem is i cant stand PC, so when it came to some of the harder tasks i screwed it all up and fubarded my mugen folder. Then i sorta destroyed the PC, cause i like Macs better!

There is a group of guys who did create the DC vs Marvel VS capcom. But they are very hush hush about it, and took a long time before they even let me log into their pages. If you can find their site, you need to be a member for a few months, donate (i think) and then will be able to download their mugen specific system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.U.G.E.N

Capcom should get off their asses and get these guys working for them.

Vince-Vell
06-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Never was a fan of charge characters.

Man i love dash characters. back in college we had a group of guys who where at the arcade every friday night. (i worked in the maill there to pay day bills). So after work i would hit the arcade with them for a few hours. We had some crazy matches where no supers were allowed or the tag partner help.

So all we did was just air and ground combos etc.. Some of the best matches i ever had was doing that.

But akumas warp is the best, i love getting out of trouble with that move. Plus its fun to set up people with a short one and use a raging demon coming out of it.:thumbs2:

marvelboi77
06-01-2007, 04:57 PM
My favorite character would be Psylocke, I just rock with her.

My team is
Psylocke
Marrow

Cammy or Storm

It does not really matter whether I pick Cammy or Storm, I usually just need Psylocke. But it's nice to have Storm to throw tornando's as a help to Psylocke. I also love jumping in the air with Psylocke and doing a double or tripple jump followed by teleportation.

Venom4131
06-01-2007, 06:44 PM

Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-mEFw6eBAg

In this one, you can see a BIG page of character pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5lXX4QHVAQ&mode=related&search=

What mugen is for that dont know. Its the VS engine, which people create "Sprites" for. Sprites are the animated characters.

If you download the mugen engine for your PC, you then can find hundreds of sprites people created for it and just plunk them into your mugen folder for PC.

I messed with it while back when i did own a PC and had like 50 characters i put into it. Only problem is i cant stand PC, so when it came to some of the harder tasks i screwed it all up and fubarded my mugen folder. Then i sorta destroyed the PC, cause i like Macs better!

There is a group of guys who did create the DC vs Marvel VS capcom. But they are very hush hush about it, and took a long time before they even let me log into their pages. If you can find their site, you need to be a member for a few months, donate (i think) and then will be able to download their mugen specific system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.U.G.E.N

Capcom should get off their asses and get these guys working for them.

Yeah, my friend has Mugen...but a lot of the sprites are crappy and don't work well together...plus some are so buffed that there's almost no way to beat them.

Wayne Industries
06-01-2007, 07:27 PM
I'm somewhat of a SF snob and never really got into the newer fighting games with all the characters mixed in. My arcade days pretty much slowed down when all the "Hyper Championship SF" games came out. How does this game compare to the older ones? Does it take the same amount of "skill" to beat the crap outta someone or does a fair amount of button mashing get you the same result anyway?

HalJordanFan
06-01-2007, 07:37 PM

We must be in bizarro world here. I think you meant:

Ryu> Akuma > Ken > Dan

In the 15th anniversary edition with Street Fighter 3 Ken is awful and all 3 finishing moves stink.

Vince-Vell
06-01-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm somewhat of a SF snob and never really got into the newer fighting games with all the characters mixed in. My arcade days pretty much slowed down when all the "Hyper Championship SF" games came out. How does this game compare to the older ones? Does it take the same amount of "skill" to beat the crap outta someone or does a fair amount of button mashing get you the same result anyway?

Yup way more combos and moves then the old school SF. If you play people who know what they are doing, can have a lot more fun with the game. Then the old style of endless hodukens.

I love SF3, where they added the system called parrying. So if someone throw a fireball at you, and you time it correctly by hitting forward. You parry it and insted of hurting you, it beefs up your super bar. Very skilled game.

MvC2 is all about tag team combos. You get to choose 3 characters, and tag them in and out during game play. Then you can do 2 or 3 character super combos etc... Lots of fun with like 56 characters to choose from.

But if you come from the old schoolt SF, i suggest grabing a copy of the Street Fighter Anniversary collection and Street fighter Alpha Anthology discs. Those are all the collected SF games you missed and the old school SF with them. Lots of fun and well worth it if you buy them used. MvC2 disc has jumped in price. I seen a very copies sell for well over $70 used on ebay.

Vince-Vell
06-01-2007, 08:33 PM
We must be in bizarro world here. I think you meant:

Ryu> Akuma > Ken > Dan

In the 15th anniversary edition with Street Fighter 3 Ken is awful and all 3 finishing moves stink.

Anyone who puts Ryu above Ken or Akuma is a chump! :stick:

Wayne Industries
06-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Yup way more combos and moves then the old school SF. If you play people who know what they are doing, can have a lot more fun with the game. Then the old style of endless hodukens.

I love SF3, where they added the system called parrying. So if someone throw a fireball at you, and you time it correctly by hitting forward. You parry it and insted of hurting you, it beefs up your super bar. Very skilled game.

MvC2 is all about tag team combos. You get to choose 3 characters, and tag them in and out during game play. Then you can do 2 or 3 character super combos etc... Lots of fun with like 56 characters to choose from.

But if you come from the old schoolt SF, i suggest grabing a copy of the Street Fighter Anniversary collection and Street fighter Alpha Anthology discs. Those are all the collected SF games you missed and the old school SF with them. Lots of fun and well worth it if you buy them used. MvC2 disc has jumped in price. I seen a very copies sell for well over $70 used on ebay.

Thanks Vince:thumbs2: Didn't realize MvC2 is so popular.

J Storm
06-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Thanks Vince:thumbs2: Didn't realize MvC2 is so popular.

I'm still waiting for Microsoft to make MvC2 backwards compatible. I'm dying to play it again but they guys don't listen to my emails.

demonhunter
06-01-2007, 11:00 PM
I liked Sentinel very much since its first appearance in X-Men: Children of The Atom arcade game.

Sentinel is a little bit toned down in MVC2. Less damage from his moves.

My favourite teams are:

1)Captain Commando
2)Hayato
3)Cyclops

or

1)Cable
2)Venom
3)Juggernaut

J Storm
06-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Gambit/Venom/Akuma or Spidey/Ryu/Magneto

Car50n
06-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Akuma is my main SF character. for MvC2 it was the underrated Captain Commando, Akuma, and i'd flip around the third guy based on my opponent, or how i was feeling, Strider, Sentinel, Mega Man, or just about anyone else.

lemonman6
06-02-2007, 12:45 AM
My team is Silver Samurai/Akuma/Magneto

I'm still trying to get the hang of playing as Magneto. I've seen people put together 100 hit combos with him.

DarthPredamorph
06-02-2007, 02:25 AM
I hate DC, but why not? Throw em in there. While they're at it, throw in the Ninja Turtles, G.I. Joe's (especially Snake Eyes & Stormshadow), Dragonball Z, Mortal Kombat, and every other character they can think of. That would be sick.
I think that'd be the fighter to end all fighters.

It'd be hella expensive for the developers/producers though.

DarthPredamorph
06-02-2007, 02:28 AM

Nope, I've heard of it. Know exactly what it is. It's cool. I'd actually use it if I were a PC person...but I'm not. Not good with all the technical aspects and what not...so if something don't work right, I'm screwed. Plus, there's nothing like playing a 2D fighter on a console.

Ink
06-02-2007, 04:13 AM
I'm still waiting for Microsoft to make MvC2 backwards compatible. I'm dying to play it again but they guys don't listen to my emails.

I wish they'd put it on the marketplace

Tony Coca
06-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Ken,Ryu,and Wolverine.

J Storm
07-28-2007, 11:53 AM
For those that don't know, the game is now backwards compatible! They have to release an update though, it plays but the character when playing glitch. Everything else is fine.