PDA

View Full Version : LOTR Statues or Busts???

X-Men Fan
01-19-2005, 07:41 PM
I just started collecting the LOTR statues a few months ago.

So far I have:

Morgul Lord, Arwen, Elessar, Gandalf the White, Ringwraith on Steed, Gimli, Legolas, Boromir, Gandalf the Grey, and King Theoden.

I have Elrond coming on Thursday and Grima next week. I also have Gandalf on Shadowfax on order and checked and he is shipping next week. I can't wait to get him. :D

As you can see I don't have one single hobbit. Since the Sam and Bill statue is out of my price range right now should I get the hobbits in bust form instead? I really like the Sam bust. For those that have the busts what do you think about them? I have considered getting the fellowship in bust form since they are all in their "fellowship" outfits (unlike the statues with Pippen in his citadel outfit).

Iwould like to eventually get Sam and Bill, Frodo and Merry in statue form (will order Pippin when he is available for pre-order) but may just pick up the busts for now.

Any advice would be appreciated. :)

RickDTM
01-19-2005, 07:59 PM
Welcome to the Quest X fan! You have quite a nice collection going. I'll give you my .02 on the busts....I like the Bilbo, and the Sam. The others look little like the characters IMHO, w/ the Frodo being the worst. The Frodo statue is a little better for my money. I do know the Bilbo statue is pretty expensive, as is the Bill and Sam you mentioned. Not sure about the Merry...and you know about the Pippin.

FWIW....

Rick

Zurbaran1
01-19-2005, 08:10 PM
I agree with Rick. The Bilbo and Sam buts are the best by far. The Bilbo statue is great but selling for around $300 right now. We got us another one Rick Welcome to the madness X-Men Fan. 2005 is going to be an interesing year :D

RickDTM
01-19-2005, 08:11 PM
Heheheh...yes sir, Zurb my man!! Another one goes down the hooollllleeeeee...... :D

X-Men Fan
01-19-2005, 09:02 PM
Welcome to the Quest X fan! You have quite a nice collection going. I'll give you my .02 on the busts....I like the Bilbo, and the Sam. The others look little like the characters IMHO, w/ the Frodo being the worst. The Frodo statue is a little better for my money. I do know the Bilbo statue is pretty expensive, as is the Bill and Sam you mentioned. Not sure about the Merry...and you know about the Pippin.

FWIW....

Rick

Thanks for the advice Rick. :) From the pictures I really like the Sam bust. At first I was just going to get the Sam and Frodo busts. Maybe now I will just pick up Sam and Bilbo, since both there statues are out of my price range right now.