PDA

View Full Version : God of War 2

Vince-Vell
06-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Not sure if anyone played the first GoW, but the second one is amazing. So much fun, as well as a kick ass story. Decided to treat myself to it with my tax return and was a great purchase.

If you like GoW, make sure you get GoW2.

Its much smoother game play then the first one, and the story continues from the first one.

Just beat it last night and now i cant wait for the third one! I swear if this game was a movie, it would be a blockbuster hit!

stormshadow75x
08-21-2007, 03:41 PM
I gotta pick this up...

barely have time to play games anymore.. but it's on my list

I heard they set it up for a sequel on the PS3

RichBamf
08-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Not sure if anyone played the first GoW, but the second one is amazing. So much fun, as well as a kick ass story. Decided to treat myself to it with my tax return and was a great purchase.

If you like GoW, make sure you get GoW2.

Its much smoother game play then the first one, and the story continues from the first one.

Just beat it last night and now i cant wait for the third one! I swear if this game was a movie, it would be a blockbuster hit!

Agreed 100%

Don't you think the powers endowed by the Titans are weak compared to the ones given by the Greek gods in the first game.

I missed Poseidans rage, and it was replaced by that awful Chronos Sphere power. :(

adee
08-21-2007, 04:01 PM
GoW is my favorite game to date. I love both the story and the game play. I ran through the second one in a little less than a week and I kinda regret beating it so quickly. Right after that I sold my ps2 and got a 360. I’m going to be so upset when the third one drops.

Vince-Vell
08-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Well i think the third one is going to be a major power fest. You see the 4 elements (gods) at the end of GoW2. So you know Kratos is going to get some major power ups for beating them.

But the thing i loved about this game was how it connected to the first games final fight. Simply amazing. You just dont get that kind of story telling in games anymore. Well except for Legacy of Kain, and i miss that series a lot.

RichBamf
08-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Well i think the third one is going to be a major power fest. You see the 4 elements (gods) at the end of GoW2. So you know Kratos is going to get some major power ups for beating them.

But the thing i loved about this game was how it connected to the first games final fight. Simply amazing. You just dont get that kind of story telling in games anymore. Well except for Legacy of Kain, and i miss that series a lot.

Yeah you could definitely see Hades, Helios and what looks like Poseiden and either Hermes or Herculese in the ending.

There'll be some kickass boss battles, thats for sure.

Vince-Vell
08-21-2007, 04:38 PM
Would be nice for the 3rd one, to keep all those power sets and wepons. And get even more powerfull with crazier combos and wepons.

Man it would be a riot if Excalibur showed up for kratos, since they like throwing in all those other god side stories.

I loved how Icarus was a crack head!

RichBamf
08-21-2007, 04:46 PM
You want a nightmare, try the Challenge of the Gods/Titans in the respective games.

I'm good, but I haven't finished the Titans challenge, it's just too hard.

Vince-Vell
08-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Ya i gave up on those. Its sorta like the Devil May Cry challenge, but much much harder. Im not into those extra game modes anymore. I used to play Resident Evil games and beat them under a hour etc... to get the rocket launcher, but got tird of that stuff.

Im all about game play now and the story, which GoW delivers 10 fold.

And my god i hate that damn hammer and javelin. To bad they didnt give him a sword like the first one this time thru most of the game.

RichBamf
08-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Ya i gave up on those. Its sorta like the Devil May Cry challenge, but much much harder. Im not into those extra game modes anymore. I used to play Resident Evil games and beat them under a hour etc... to get the rocket launcher, but got tird of that stuff.

Im all about game play now and the story, which GoW delivers 10 fold.

And my god i hate that damn hammer and javelin. To bad they didnt give him a sword like the first one this time thru most of the game.

Yeah, those weapons were a waste of time, I hope they're taken out of the next game, or they stick to one weapon like the first one.

Devils Drifter
08-26-2007, 01:00 AM
I played through this game last week and loved it. i agree with Vince, this kind of story telling hasn't been done right since the days of LOK. The other greek Heroes showing up was a great touch. I am getting the PS3 specifically for GOW3 that is how much I like this series. Now if only they would bring back Kain and Raziel...