PDA

View Full Version : What Edition Size would make you cancel your Biker Scout order?

MONSTER
06-08-2007, 09:59 PM
Just curious. For me it would be 500.

JSA
06-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Over 1000 would be too much, and even 500-750 seems a lot IMHO.

JS

devlinboy
06-08-2007, 10:02 PM
im with the over 500 ..not because of rarity but because then i could probably found one cheaper somewhere else

MONSTER
06-08-2007, 10:02 PM
I really think 300 is the way to go for this one. Why not throw the collectors a bone here?

darthmatrix
06-08-2007, 10:03 PM
I was planning to keep it either way but if its 1000 I might cancel and get it cheaper on the bay like others have suggested. Is it too much to ask for a SW Pf that atleast holds its value. 500 sounds right.Free shipping sounds right. One hasnt happend...and now I dont think the other wil either.:(

GangstaRoranous
It is Star Wars guys so it will be higher than you think.

cap70
I will cancel at 301. I want 300 damn it!(three, zero, zero). But after Dusty raining on my(our) parade with her "hints", I kinda lost my hopes for a 300ES. As nice as this piece looks, it's something that I could live without(or find it cheaper down the road), so I really won't have any problems canceling it in case the ES is too much. A low ES would give me some extra appeal for sure.

devlinboy
06-08-2007, 10:04 PM
im not that worried about numbers unless its under 100. that way if im ever in a bind i can flip it for a crazy profit.

SolidLiquidFox
06-08-2007, 10:17 PM
It looks like Sideshow is in for another move. They are going to need a bigger warehouse after all the cancellations. They'll sit right next to Luke/Yoda and the hundreds of Fetts.

750 should be the maximum. 500 is ideal. 300 is being way too optimistic.

devlinboy
06-08-2007, 10:19 PM
i hope fett is around for spooktacular. fett may be this years van helsing

cap70
06-08-2007, 10:21 PM
It looks like Sideshow is in for another move. They are going to need a bigger warehouse after all the cancellations. They'll sit right next to Luke/Yoda and the hundreds of Fetts.

750 should be the maximum. 500 is ideal. 300 is being way too optimistic.

Now after all the "hints" we heard, it may be. BUT based on what THEY said, it's not. A _STRICTLY LIMITED_ item, should be a VERY limited item indeed.

" The Premium Format Speeder bike and Scout Trooper set will be available in a strictly limited quantity, so be sure to lock in your pre-order now."

SolidLiquidFox
06-08-2007, 10:24 PM
strictly limited....to dealers

cap70
06-08-2007, 10:25 PM
strictly limited....to dealers

Yup, that's the only way I can see any use for this words right now.

titan7170
06-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Yup, that's the only way I can see any use for this words right now.

The way I read "strictly limited" means strictly limited to us, meaning only 1 each. Not strictly limited edition size......clever wording on their part. How can something be strictly limited by edition size when retailers have the item available and for cheaper also?:peoples: .........I dont really care, all I know is if Sideshow tries to play word games they will get played in the end.........Ill cancel just like I did with Fett.:mad:

cap70
06-08-2007, 10:50 PM
The way I read "strictly limited" means strictly limited to us, meaning only 1 each. Not strictly limited edition size......clever wording on their part. How can something be strictly limited by edition size when retailers have the item available and for cheaper also?:peoples: .........I dont really care, all I know is if Sideshow tries to play word games they will get played in the end.........Ill cancel just like I did with Fett.:mad:

Yes, smart wording, but I'm pretty sure that they were talking about the ES when they said that. Retailers are getting 1 piece each(word from Mike Richards from Razor's Edge Collectibles), which makes even clearer that what they meant by "strictly limited" was the ES.
I think they had a low ES set, and they got impressed by how much they pre-sold and decided to up the ES.
Of course, this is all speculation from my part, but after the hints it may be well true, and we may indeed end up with a not so limited ES. I will cancel this time if it's too much and get it later(like I did with Fett), or not get it at all. No biggie.

DetroitSportsFan
06-08-2007, 11:10 PM
500 is my magic number. Any more than that, forget it.

Hell, even at 500 I might cancel.

JSA
06-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Boy I wouldn't cancel at 500, because they may just come out with a Leia
(and Luke) on Speeder Bike as well as a companion piece, and then people
would be kicking their own butts for cancelling. It would make sense too,
as they've already got the Speeder Bike developed now, so they'd really be
kind of silly NOT to use it again and recoup their R&D money and make
some very easy (comparatively) profit.

JS

rychehitman
06-08-2007, 11:28 PM
750/800 wouldnt shock me

DetroitSportsFan
06-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Dusty wrote that the ES should be in the newsletter... I guess she means next week.

Hellboy
06-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Anything over 300 and I'll most likely cancel mine. $800 is a lot of money for this piece and if it fails to hold it's just value like ALL the other SW PF's have I can certainly wait and pick it up on eBay or pass altogether.

P1X4R
06-09-2007, 12:01 AM
It is Star Wars guys so it will be higher than you think.

i have to agree here. btw, didn't GL have a say in the "extremely limited" MR BHS helmet raffle dealio?

BigLeagueChu
06-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Boy I wouldn't cancel at 500, because they may just come out with a Leia
(and Luke) on Speeder Bike as well as a companion piece, and then people
would be kicking their own butts for cancelling. It would make sense too,
as they've already got the Speeder Bike developed now, so they'd really be
kind of silly NOT to use it again and recoup their R&D money and make
some very easy (comparatively) profit.

JS

Gotta agree with you there. After all, the Scout has to be pointing at somebody.

Hellboy
06-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Multiple Speeder Bikes would be out of the question for me. Extreme space killer there.

cap70
06-09-2007, 12:36 AM
Multiple Speeder Bikes would be out of the question for me. Extreme space killer there.

Not only for you, HB, but how many people actually would have the space to PROPER display these pieces togehter? That's about 35-40" square of display real state, more if you want to place them appart. That's, of course, if you want them to looks good and not cluttered.

There's many other things that I want more in the SW Universe (and from other licenses too), and will save space for them. One Biker would be plenty for me. I really don't care if they release companion pieces for it down the road.

rychehitman
06-09-2007, 12:39 AM

but it would be really funny to see if they dont hold their value!:)

Trilogy
06-09-2007, 02:52 AM

Same here, people are not going to have the display space to accommodate more than one.

Trilogy
06-09-2007, 02:54 AM
I`m sticking with 500, I would class that as a "strictly limited" ES. (As its Star Wars)

Anything lower is a bonus. :)

bruceb
06-09-2007, 03:07 AM
Anything over 300 and I'll most likely cancel mine. $800 is a lot of money for this piece and if it fails to hold it's just value like ALL the other SW PF's have I can certainly wait and pick it up on eBay or pass altogether.

..yes...i ain't buying this piece...but if i did...300 is the most i would like to see....anything more it's not as limited as they said....
....looks like another game played by sideshow.....

bruceb
06-09-2007, 03:09 AM
Now after all the "hints" we heard, it may be. BUT based on what THEY said, it's not. A _STRICTLY LIMITED_ item, should be a VERY limited item indeed.

" The Premium Format Speeder bike and Scout Trooper set will be available in a strictly limited quantity, so be sure to lock in your pre-order now."

...if it's more than 300.....it's bad move from them....strictly limited is strictly limited.....anything more it's not...... :thumbsdow

geto10
06-09-2007, 03:36 AM
Over 500! I might even cancel if it stays at 500.. We'll see, long to go! :)

Trilogy
06-09-2007, 04:02 AM
Credit to Sideshow for a job well done with promoting this piece. Buy simply using the two words "strictly limited", they have gained far more interest.
At the end of the day, its all down to how you perceive the phrase. Most perceive it as a very limited piece, however this is really not the case. Whether its limited to 300 or 3000, it will still be "strictly limited".

SolidLiquidFox
06-09-2007, 04:05 AM
I understand Sideshow has to make their money since they spent so much time developing this product. However, you figure they would know by now that a high ES will bump this product down in popularity despite how nice it is. Regardless of it being SW people will pass and play the ebay game. People passed on Luke/Yoda and Boba Fett. Yeah, BOBA FETT for pete's sake.

Ironically enough Fett PF was offered last year right before SDCC. This may turn out to be next year's warehouse pain in the behind for them. I have a feeling that retailers will offer these at the end when all is said and done for a hefty discount if that ES is indeed 1K.

Trilogy
06-09-2007, 04:10 AM
Its been pretty much confirmed that retailers are limited to one piece. So I can`t see them selling this at discounts, unless Sideshow decide to distribute more to them to off load their stock.

Poisonous
06-09-2007, 04:12 AM
Under 500 is a must.

SolidLiquidFox
06-09-2007, 04:28 AM
Its been pretty much confirmed that retailers are limited to one piece. So I can`t see them selling this at discounts, unless Sideshow decide to distribute more to them to off load their stock.

If they make 1,000 of these and a whole bunch of people cancel, you can bet dealers will be able to call Sideshow and pick one up for you if Sideshow can't get rid of them. They will offer them on Second Chance, with a gift card, etc. but if all else fails they would need to get them out of the warehouse by any means necessary.

I think Sideshow overestimates the popularity of SW on certain products. Once you hit at certain bracket of income ($800) it becomes just another expensive thing to collect. I thought they stopped seeing dollar signs whenever something created buzz at a convention. I guess they may need to learn yet another lesson on not to believe their own hype.

Trilogy
06-09-2007, 04:51 AM
I agree, Star Wars or not. The first thing many will see is its price tag, add to that the display space it will consume. It definately will not appeal to all Star Wars fans and therefor should be kept at a modest production run. If Sideshow haven`t learnt by now and over saturate the market with this, then they will never.

Darth Vader
06-09-2007, 05:20 AM
I'm not even sure to keep my order if it's 500 ...

Underdog07
06-09-2007, 06:57 AM
as used in "strictly limited", strictly would not modify or have anything to do with edition size. Instead, it would mean that the edition size - whatever it may be - would be restricted to that number.

But everything in the world is limited, so why they would use it describe this statue is perplexing.

With respect to the Speeder Bike PF, I interprete "strictly limited" to just be a marketing ploy to get people to order an $800 statue. Hopefully I am wrong and they limit it to 300 or so pieces.

Underdog07
06-09-2007, 07:03 AM
Plus, they announced the edition size. It was TBD. So the use of "strictly limited" really just means once they set the edition size, thats it. Of course that is true for all statues they sell.

However, the Thor PF is going to be extremely strictly limited - so keep your eyes pealed.

bruceb
06-09-2007, 07:04 AM
With respect to the Speeder Bike PF, I interprete "strictly limited" to just be a marketing ploy to get people to order an $800 statue. Hopefully I am wrong and they limit it to 300 or so pieces.

..yes....that's wrong use of the word strictly limited...to confuse people...smart move of them....it needs to be very limited based on what they said....

Trilogy
06-09-2007, 07:08 AM
as used in "strictly limited", strictly would not modify or have anything to do with edition size. Instead, it would mean that the edition size - whatever it may be - would be restricted to that number.

But everything in the world is limited, so why they would use it describe this statue is perplexing.

Yep, great marketing strategy by Sideshow. Using the word "strictly" certainly gained it more attention.

Sgt Taz
06-09-2007, 07:10 AM
Yep, great marketing strategy by Sideshow. Using the word "strictly" certainly gained it more attention.True :stick:

MONSTER
06-09-2007, 07:50 AM
If they make 1,000 of these and a whole bunch of people cancel, you can bet dealers will be able to call Sideshow and pick one up for you if Sideshow can't get rid of them. They will offer them on Second Chance, with a gift card, etc. but if all else fails they would need to get them out of the warehouse by any means necessary.

I think Sideshow overestimates the popularity of SW on certain products. Once you hit at certain bracket of income ($800) it becomes just another expensive thing to collect. I thought they stopped seeing dollar signs whenever something created buzz at a convention. I guess they may need to learn yet another lesson on not to believe their own hype.

I agree 100%

Everyone knows that Star Wars is popular. I just don't see more than a few hundred people actually going through with their order on an $800 piece, especially if the production is too high.

Bullseye
06-09-2007, 08:04 AM
They know they have us in the EU over a barrell as if we were to buy this from the US we would be hit for over 33% import duty plus the hassle of returns would be a nightmare. At least there is not that problem with SS.

Trilogy
06-09-2007, 08:19 AM
They know they have us in the EU over a barrell as if we were to buy this from the US we would be hit for over 33% import duty plus the hassle of returns would be a nightmare. At least there is not that problem with SS.

Yep, buying direct from Sideshow can give you piece of mind and sometimes save you a few pennies in the process.

DetroitSportsFan
06-09-2007, 09:50 AM
I wonder what's the deal with dealers only getting 1 each.

Could it be that SS is making it so this item sells only through them, and they gave dealers only 1 to satisfy a contract agreement between SS and their dealers?

Maybe SS is believing their own hype, and thinks such a popular item would sell out through them at full price.

If so, this could be a trend with items that they think will be popular and sell well.

Hell, they could sell all of their more expensive items ($200+) exclusively through them.

I wonder how much SS reads message boards. Almost all of their items have discussion of "I'll get it cheaper through a dealer". Maybe SS is catching on that they can sell through them and make the most money, especially with the most popular items.

I might be making something out of nothing. I'm just wondering what's going on with this "1 per dealer" stuff.

Trilogy
06-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Contract fulfilment would explain the oddity of one per retailer or why not go fully exclusive to Sideshow.

SolidLiquidFox
06-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Because if they can't sell them on Second Chance or with Gift Cards then they'll dump them on dealers because they are not "exclusives".

Trilogy
06-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Good point, gives them an escape route ready for when they need to offload overstock.

Collection King 13
06-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Over 500 I'll bow out...

geto10
06-09-2007, 11:22 AM
I would never buy a piece like that from a dealer. There are chances off it breaking and I'm more comfortable with SS if that happens :)

Sgt Taz
06-09-2007, 11:38 AM
They know they have us in the EU over a barrell as if we were to buy this from the US we would be hit for over 33% import duty plus the hassle of returns would be a nightmare. At least there is not that problem with SS.I noticed it says it ships directly from the EU warehouse, does this mean we wont get hit with the 17% VAT? Or am I dreaming... :confused2

geto10
06-09-2007, 11:59 AM
I noticed it says it ships directly from the EU warehouse, does this mean we wont get hit with the 17% VAT? Or am I dreaming... :confused2

Where? :confused:

Sgt Taz
06-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Where? :confused:Hey I cant find it anymore! It said so though :confused2

Trilogy
06-09-2007, 12:07 PM
I noticed it says it ships directly from the EU warehouse, does this mean we wont get hit with the 17% VAT? Or am I dreaming... :confused2

You always get the appropriate tax added when billed.

Sgt Taz
06-09-2007, 12:08 PM
You always get the appropriate tax added when billed.Yeah I thought so :banghead:

But it did say it shipped straight from the EU warehouse just yesterday!

Sgt Taz
06-09-2007, 12:09 PM
That's a $1000 piece for us :banghead:

Trilogy
06-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Most pieces state that they ship direct from the EU warehouse for EU customers, but you still have to pay the tax. Its even worse if they come direct from the US warehouse, as we all now.

Sgt Taz
06-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Most pieces state that they ship direct from the EU warehouse for EU customers, but you still have to pay the tax. Its even worse if they come direct fromthe US warehouse,as we all now.I see. Strange that either they removed the "ships straight from the EU warehouse" comment or that I just cant find it anymore.

Trilogy
06-09-2007, 12:13 PM
See what you mean, they`ve removed the shipping boxes in the top right corner. Thats normal for a sold out piece.

Sgt Taz
06-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Oh ok. For a minute there I was dreaming about no VAT :stick:

Trilogy
06-09-2007, 12:17 PM

Now thats a pleasant dream. :thumbs2:

k-9
06-09-2007, 01:57 PM
:laugh: Now thats a pleasant dream. :thumbs2:

k-9
06-09-2007, 02:00 PM
See what you mean, they`ve removed the shipping boxes in the top right corner. Thats normal for a sold out piece.

maybe there going to put a free shipping logo there instead:confused2

Trilogy
06-09-2007, 02:32 PM
maybe there going to put a free shipping logo there instead:confused2

:laugh: Fat chance.

geto10
06-09-2007, 05:26 PM

:thumbs2:

darthmatrix
06-09-2007, 05:54 PM
i hope fett is around for spooktacular. fett may be this years van helsing

and next years and the year after that

Ink
06-09-2007, 07:22 PM
if anybody's thinking of cancelling PM me:thumbs2:

DetroitSportsFan
06-09-2007, 07:26 PM

I'll let you know after the ES is announced. :)

Ink
06-09-2007, 07:27 PM
I'll let you know after the ES is announced. :)

:thumbs2:

DetroitSportsFan
06-09-2007, 09:24 PM

If you really want one, just put your name on the wait list. Unless the ES is low, you should be able to get one if you sign up now.

Trilogy
06-10-2007, 05:24 AM

Just sign up to the wait list, I would say you have a 99% chance of a convertion.

geto10
06-10-2007, 06:09 AM
Yeah the chances are pretty big in the beginning. Fingers crossed for you dude :D

toe
06-11-2007, 05:18 AM
I just hope I get one, regardless of edition size.

Will be my first SW PF :)

Trilogy
06-11-2007, 05:39 AM
Fear not, I have faith that you will indeed obtain said piece. :)

bruceb
06-11-2007, 06:17 AM
...interesting....so judging by this poll...if the edition size is 1000...which is a great possibility right now....67 people will cancel their orders....66, since i voted but ain't buying it.....so i really want to see the if 66 people will cancel their orders....time to see who have balls or not..... :cool:

kes
06-11-2007, 09:16 AM
Just seen the speeder bike up for sale on forbidden planet.co.uk at £549.99.

overkill
06-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Just to be clear to everyone, there is NO WAY Sideshow sold 1000 pieces in a day of a product that is $800. Impossible. The Exclusive Predator was 300 pieces and took a few weeks to sell out. I am betting edition size to be no more than 500

Trilogy
06-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Just to be clear to everyone, there is NO WAY Sideshow sold 1000 pieces in a day of a product that is $800. Impossible. The Exclusive Predator was 300 pieces and took a few weeks to sell out. I am betting edition size to be no more than 500

I totally agree, I`ve said all along that they`ve probably sold far less than people think.
Hopefully they`ll publicise the ES fairly soon and then we can all stop guessing.

Trilogy
06-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Just seen the speeder bike up for sale on forbidden planet.co.uk at £549.99.

Just been checking that out. Funny theres no mention of it being of strictly limited availability. Just word for word the same as the Sideshow site. I`m starting to wonder if this one per retailer is completely accurate.

bruceb
06-11-2007, 10:57 AM

.....everyone wishes for a low es...but lots of hype created around this piece...hype sells...this will be around 750es or 1000es easily.....if not more....

Wooktroop
06-11-2007, 11:27 AM
not that i got one but id be shocked if this was over 300

BigLeagueChu
06-11-2007, 11:50 AM

Yeah but this is Star Wars, not Predator. I hope you are right though :)

Collection King 13
06-11-2007, 01:55 PM
I hope he is right also!

bruceb
06-14-2007, 11:05 PM

...see overkill...

cap70
06-14-2007, 11:11 PM
I did my part.

SolidLiquidFox
06-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Looking back on our ignorance is fun!

Trilogy
06-15-2007, 02:55 AM
Looking back on our ignorance is fun!

:laugh:

Trilogy
06-15-2007, 02:56 AM
Dont know if I`ll be canceling, may still stick with Sideshow for this one.

Sgt Taz
06-15-2007, 03:10 AM
Dont know if I`ll be canceling, may still stick with Sideshow for this one.I'll be looking for a way to cancel. If I can find it anywhere else with minimum risc I'm canceling. I will also make less of an effort to make sure I have the funds when time comes.

geto10
06-15-2007, 03:14 AM
We never though of that! :laugh:

Trilogy
06-15-2007, 03:20 AM
I'll be looking for a way to cancel. If I can find it anywhere else with minimum risc I'm canceling. I will also make less of an effort to make sure I have the funds when time comes.

I will also, if I can pick one up at a better price with minimal risk. However at the moment Sideshow still offer the best option for me. A piece this size could very easily suffer from breakages and Sideshow offer piece of mind.

Trilogy
06-15-2007, 03:21 AM
We never though of that! :laugh:

Blind sided. :banghead: