PDA

View Full Version : The 6 month report card.....

Comicboy
06-10-2007, 02:14 AM
Ok folks we're halfway thru the year (I know, sick isn't it?). Give me your impressions on what they are doing right/wrong, how are the pieces, your favorite/worst pieces/licenses, sculptors, service, pricing, the company as a whole, things you'd like to see, etc..... Let's hear how the reigning champs are doing this time around! :)

sheople
06-10-2007, 04:34 AM
So far I am happy with SS, but the LS line has left a sour taste in my mouth. I received a bad Iron Man EX and Doom EX. I am waiting for both replacements. Their customer service is great though and as far as pricing goes I think their prices are fine.

Trilogy
06-10-2007, 05:12 AM
In general, still very happy with Sideshow. They are still producing some incredible pieces. Top piece so far this year has to be the Yoda 1:1 and I`m extremely looking forward to the up coming Speeder Bike and Trooper. Will Sideshow top this, I guess we`ll have to wait and see.

Customer Service is still top notch, no complaints there. If only they could address their QC, as it is still rather questionable.

As far as prices go, don`t really have any complaints. Some may think that particular pieces are over priced, but I think we would all like to get things for a little less in the end.

I look forward to seeing what the next six months have to bring. :)

geto10
06-10-2007, 06:05 AM
I think SS are doing quite good atm :)

rilynil
06-10-2007, 11:15 AM
I love Sideshow! Bring on the next X-Men vs. Sentinel piece! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

cma3
06-10-2007, 11:39 AM
I give them an A overall.....although an A+ could be achieved if they were to get Ray back. It will be interesting what comes of this (in terms of releases) with his departure.

k-9
06-10-2007, 12:01 PM
i give um a c+...could do better:eplus2:

SquiderM3
06-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Their products are second to none. Friends who know nothing of this business find themselves complimenting the SS products more than any other.
Their shipping could not be any faster for myself. Living in Canada often creates hurdles but with SS and Fedex, I have my pieces within a week.
I hope I don't jinx myself but I have yet to receive a damaged piece so I'm not sure how their customer service rates. They are quite accomodating though, dealing with Dawn S., she allowed me to pay for the bronze Darth Vader in full now rather than when it arrives in November as our Canadian dollar is stronger than ever compared to the US dollar, this alone will save me anywhere from $500 to $800 when compared to previous rates.

Keep up the good work SS!:buttrock:

Alex655321
06-10-2007, 12:51 PM
I will vote after I get the Captain America PF, hope we have no breakage.

Sgt Taz
06-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Apart from the Fett fiasco and some QC issues I'm still down with Sideshow. Still the best at what they do imo :thumbs2:

...though it wouldnt have hurt to have the speeder bike qualify for free shipping.

...and, let's wait and see if "strictly limited" is straight up or just a word game to create hype.

blue_rogue
06-10-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm very happy with the few items I've received so far this year.

Dagobah Luke PF
Yoda 1:1 bust
Space Slug dio
Hulk PF
Emma Comiquette

No QC issues with anything I've purchased, but the wait for the Spike PF has been kinda long.

Mustangnutbcuz
06-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Emma is enough for me to give an A+ so far...

BigLeagueChu
06-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Lots of great stuff. But the one thing that'll keep me going is the coming X-men Sentinel statues.

cougartrace
06-11-2007, 08:22 AM
No StormTropper PF. Their QC still stucks bigtime. I do like Emma, but I hate the Mary Jane statue.

I give them a D+ so far.

endless1
06-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Exclusive Emma gets an A+
Exclusive Iron Man bust A
Real Action revenge of the sith Stormtrooper A+ (the packaging is incredible):buttrock:

ComputerFly
06-11-2007, 10:39 PM
So far this year has been kind of a let down for me. They're either producing High End pieces $799 up(Alien 3 Maquette or Biker Scout), or they're making 12 inch, Bobble heads, Busts or Archive sets. They haven't been focused on the main reasons I was initially drawn to SS, and those are PFs, VS. and Comiquettes. The only pieces I've ordered this year have been Emma and MJ (and don't really like MJ, but hey, I can be a completist on 6 inexpensive pieces), Biker Scout (but may cancel depending on ES). I ordered the Alien 3 Maquette from a dealer for a great price)

I also ordered the X-men/Sentinel piece, natch. And finally Captain America Excl and Darkness Excl. These last two are the one's I'm the most excited about.

So for the first 6 months, I'm going with a C+.

We don't have any killer comiquettes. No new X-men, no Spidey, no Hulk, etc, etc...

The only real VS. piece we've seen is X-men/Sent. No Daredevil/Bullseye, no Thor/Silver Surfer, no Daredevil/Punisher, no Thanos/Lady Death (My own personal choice). The Spidey/Venom was a joke.

They haven't really released another LotR PF yet, just some bogus pics of McK. They blew it on the Frodo Head sculpt, although everything else was fantastic.

I didn't order Boba, nor Darth. I may pick them up on sale at some point, but they just weren't 'must haves' due to various issues.. "I got just one word for ya...are you listening?......PLASTIC!"

They've lost their 3 best Sculptors, Pablo, Andy and Ray. Can Gore Group do every piece Sideshow makes?

I'm uncertain on where SS is heading. I appreciate that they are being diverse in their product line. In reality, it's probably a good thing they are slow releasing these items; it should keep us from getting our favorites, and then being bored. My main concern is they are producing too many varieties of so-so product, instead of really focusing on making the core lines GREAT.

SS, we don't need another F'n line!! We don't need 1/9th scale LotR dioramas, we don't need 1/2 scale lines of busts or whatever the hell they are. I am kind of a fan of the Archive sets though. I don't own any, but I could really see being drawn into those. THAT was a good idea.

Can you tell I'm ADHD??? :)

rilynil
06-11-2007, 11:58 PM
They've lost their 3 best Sculptors, Pablo, Andy and Ray. Can Gore Group do every piece Sideshow makes?
Where'd they go? Pablo is one of my favorites because of the first X-Men vs. Sentinel dio and Doom PF.

therev
06-12-2007, 10:03 AM
I got my first ever Sideshow pieces this year. The Freddy Vs. Jason Scream Scene and the Venom movie bust. Both excellent quality - I really, really love the Freddy Vs. Jason. The wait for things in the EU is annoying, but it keeps my overall costs down, so I'm not going to complain too much. Communication is okay, but I've just noticed my Wait List reservation for the Exclusive Western Ghost Rider has been converted to an order without me being told. (Let's hope they've sorted out the breakage issues by now...)