PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow diorama

Force of Nature
06-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Hi guys,

after having bought the Sideshow X-Men vs Sentinel diorama, the Wolverine vs Sabretooth diorama and the Captain America vs, Red Skull diorama, I started to wonder if it perhaps would be a good idea if Sideshow would release a new line of diorama's. Only this time it should not have to be A versus B diorama's but rather A and B diorama's if you know what I mean.
Diorama's of couples, dear friends or founding characters in the X-Universe who are somehow releated or bonded.

To give you an example:
would not it be great if Sideshow would release a diorama showing Galactus and the Silver Surfer next to each other?
Or what about a diorama showing Scott Summers and Jean Grey standing together?
Or, now that the ball is rolling, what about a Juggernaut and Black Tom Cassidy diorama, or a Gambit and Rogue diorama or a Hulk and Betty Ross diorama or a Captian AMerica and Bucky diorama, an Angel and Psylocke diorama, a Thanos and Lady Death diorama etc. etc.

Wouldn't it be great to see such diorama's as well from Sideshow in the future?

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

punisher129
06-10-2007, 04:53 PM
how about a punisher & wolverine diorama ???

---PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE---

Sgt Taz
06-10-2007, 04:54 PM
The vs line lends itself to far more dynamic and intresting poses/scenes imo.

A diorama of a fight is more intresting than a diorama of a friendship - for me.

toe
06-10-2007, 05:29 PM
well, the Cyclops and colossus is pretty much like a friendship diorama, if you take away the sentinel head.

Jack's Username
06-10-2007, 05:53 PM
I just want someone, anyone, to make this:

http://www.raylago.com/spiderman.jpeg

BigLeagueChu
06-10-2007, 06:22 PM
I kinda like them to be VS Dioramas :thumbs2:

Anespian
06-10-2007, 09:55 PM
The vs line lends itself to far more dynamic and intresting poses/scenes imo.

A diorama of a fight is more intresting than a diorama of a friendship - for me.

That's why its called Vs dio and its the dynamic off the battle scene that makes it sellable:buttrock:

Vader
06-10-2007, 10:28 PM
I prefer the Vs. dioramas as well.

rilynil
06-11-2007, 12:21 AM
I just want someone, anyone, to make this:
http://www.raylago.com/spiderman.jpeg
I agree! That's easily one of the most pivotal moments in Marvel history.
Man, that story was (and still is) incredibly hard-hitting.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k42/nadams65/Spider-Man_Death-of-Gwen-Stacy.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k42/nadams65/scaled.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k42/nadams65/Page4.jpg

It's hard to explain to folks how truly shocking that was in 1973.

Black Cat
06-11-2007, 12:28 AM
although I have yet to buy one I prefer the Vs. dioramas as well

Darth Pain
06-11-2007, 03:00 AM
I like the SS vs pieces and dios (FF4). As long as they stick with the action poses I'll keep buyin.

punisher129
06-11-2007, 09:20 AM
ok, how about the punisher vs wolverine ???

---PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE---

seymourito
06-11-2007, 09:29 AM
i prefer vs. diorama... more action pose and u will see the anger and the power of the characters...

RD13
06-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Pretty happy with the dios that are out. Like the fact that you get a hero with their major villian.

k-9
06-11-2007, 11:23 AM
i also prefer vs dios but after the f4 bust'orama i'd like a galactus/surfer bust
diorama to go along side it!!!

Force of Nature
06-11-2007, 04:06 PM
Hi Sergeant Taz,

while I do see your point I would like to point out that a diorama of friendship can be dynamic as well. A diorama of two lovers (Scott Summers and Jean Grey or Rogue and Gambit) or a diorama about father and son (Cyclops and Cable) for example doesn't have to be a diorama in which the two characters stand together in a museum pose.

Think for example of a diorama in which Rogue appaears to be flying above Remy's head whereas Gambit is ready to throw some kinetically charged cards.

Or what about a diorama where we see The Juggernaut smashing through a building with Black Tom Cassidy next to him burying all the rocks and debris under a thick layer of plants?

Or what about a Danger Room session diorama with Angel and Psylocke?
Betsy with her psyblade and katana and Angel flying high testing gis mutant skills to the max?

Furthermore I would like to say that even when the two characters would not appear to be fighting it doesn't mean that the diorama would be dull or static.
Think for example of a diorama showing Thanos despertaely trying to convince Lady Death of his love for her or a diorama showing Professor Xavier and Magneto in a heated debate over the right way to ensure a safe future for both mutants and humans.

Please don't get me wrong: I prefer a dynamic pose to a museum pose any day of the week as well. But IMO a diorama showing two friends, two family members or two lovers together doesn't have to be undynamic by definition.
It's all depending on the concept and the idea which the sculptor based him- or herself on.

Just my two cents though!

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

QUOTE=Sgt Taz;1201698]The vs line lends itself to far more dynamic and intresting poses/scenes imo.

A diorama of a fight is more intresting than a diorama of a friendship - for me.[/QUOTE]