PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have dealings with Thirdzone.com?

Mustangnutbcuz
06-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had ever ordered something from thirdzone.com. I placed an order for the sideshow emma frost statue a while back and I never heard anything. So I emailed them and they said that I never placed and order and that they were sold out. So I emailed them back with my confirmation number and then called them. They clammed up on the phone and said they'd call back but they have yet to return a call or email.

Has anyone else ever delt with these morons. I'm two seconds away from starting a boycott thirdzone.com petition...

Nightcrawler777
06-19-2007, 11:25 AM
I never have personally..
But ive heard lots of good things about them...

madjazz
06-19-2007, 11:31 AM
I've bought a few things from them over the years and got good service and the product.

Stuff happens, so if you gave them a confirmation number, stick with it. If you don't hear in a day or two, call back.

Be civil and polite. You may be 100% in the right and they may have made an error. If they don't have the product, they can't give you the product. Think about what they could do that would make it right (or at least a little better) with you. Be reasonable in your request and you might be pleasantly surprised.

I have not ordered anything Post-Katrina. I know they had to relocate after that. I would expect everything to still operate the same.

JSA
06-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had ever ordered something from thirdzone.com. I placed an order for the sideshow emma frost statue a while back and I never heard anything. So I emailed them and they said that I never placed and order and that they were sold out. So I emailed them back with my confirmation number and then called them. They clammed up on the phone and said they'd call back but they have yet to return a call or email.

Has anyone else ever delt with these morons. I'm two seconds away from starting a boycott thirdzone.com petition...

Same type of thing happened to me with them a year two ago.
Long sold out items I ordered from them were cancelled without notification.
After a while it was no replies to e-mail or phone calls or messages left.
I vowed never to purchase from them again, and I've stuck by that.
That was my experience with them though, others may have different.

Good luck either way. I hope things work out for you.

JS

Upitnik
06-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Ordererd the Hot toys alien from them, took about a month but everything turned out O.K.

Mustangnutbcuz
06-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the responses everyone. I'm a little upset that they haven't at least been honest with me and told me they made a mistake. I pre-ordered Emma back in January and once everyone started getting theirs, I made an inquiry. I've since emailed and called over a period of three weeks and have yet to get a response. To me, even if a mistake has happened, ignoring someone is unprofessional and definitely doesn't make me wanna repeat as a customer.

Anyway, I'll continue to call, but at this point I'm not expecting much...

Cosmo_Kramer
06-19-2007, 01:53 PM
i did i got my hulk vs spiderman from them didnt have a problem

bullethole
06-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Glad you asked ...I bought the Captain America vs. Red Skull statue from them back in December ..They charged my card, I emailed and called many times over the course of a month w/no reply .Eventually called my CC to reverse the charges .I will never deal w/ them again.

High Lord Apocalypse
06-19-2007, 02:01 PM
i did i got my hulk vs spiderman from them didnt have a problem

same here but then again hulk vs spidey didnt skyrocket in price around release time like emma did. so they might have just sold all their copies for top dollars and refunded the preorders which was probably around retail.
hope you atleast get your $$$$ back!!

Mustangnutbcuz
06-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Glad you asked ...I bought the Captain America vs. Red Skull statue from them back in December ..They charged my card, I emailed and called many times over the course of a month w/no reply .Eventually called my CC to reverse the charges .I will never deal w/ them again.

Sorry man...good to hear I'm not insane though...I'm really upset with the way I was dealt with...they have been ignoring me for three weeks now. I'll keep you updated on my progress...thanks for the support!

jb9625
06-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Yea i ordered from them...waited 3 months and after agreeing on him changing my item...and after many reminders that i wanted that item he sent me the wrong one. He is also very slow to respond to emails if he does at all. I would never buy from him again.

Spliff
06-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Ordered from their ebay store once, didn't have any problems other than slow shipping.

'Nuff
06-19-2007, 09:03 PM
I've bought a few things from them...No problems other than good prices and slow to ship...:thumbs2:

RD13
06-19-2007, 09:05 PM
I hear alot of negative things about this company. Though I have never dealt with them.

phrmcst
06-19-2007, 09:20 PM
I ordered a B&W Batman statue from them on a Friday. Got a confirmation email from the owner on Saturday saying the statue would ship Monday AM. Waited 3 weeks and it never came. Emailed them and called them several times with no response at all. I finally disputed the charge with my credit card company and they tried to reach him a couple of times with no response so they reversed the charge.

I think he probably over sold the statue, but he still should have communicated this and responded to emails/phone calls.

His failure to ship is well documented on this forum and this topic seems to come up every 6-8 months.

I do like his website and his email updates, but I have vowed to never order from him again like several who have responded to your initial post.

Mustangnutbcuz
06-19-2007, 09:36 PM
WOW...it seems as if I'm not alone on my issues with this website. I'm gonna try and spread the word on the boards then so no one else gets s*rewed like I did. I just placed a dispute through my credit card...keeping me fingers crossed...

Black Cat
06-19-2007, 10:54 PM
I've bought a few things from them...No problems other than good prices and slow to ship...:thumbs2:

Same with me

Iacon13
06-19-2007, 11:10 PM
Uhh I would not deal with them. Ordered a Captain America shield from them years ago. Great contact til it came damaged..then nothing. I had to get my cash back from my credit card company. They did not even return calls from the credit card company. Never again.

Raven1014
06-20-2007, 01:49 AM
I have never had a problem with ThirdZone, before or after Katrina. I've easily ordered 30-35 different pieces and everything has been to my complete satisfaction. They had even contacted me and asked if I was interested in buying the Bowen White Moon Knight and Chrome Silver Surfer, for thier regular price, because they know that's what I've collected.

If you have a confirmation number, then there has obviously been some screwup on there end, so I would keep at it and hopefully you'll get your piece. All I can say is that they have always done right by me and I hope they take care of you the right way.

Statuesque Fellow
06-20-2007, 01:58 AM
Same type of thing happened to me with them a year two ago.
Long sold out items I ordered from them were cancelled without notification.
After a while it was no replies to e-mail or phone calls or messages left.
I vowed never to purchase from them again, and I've stuck by that.
That was my experience with them though, others may have different.

Good luck either way. I hope things work out for you.

JS

I've had this exact same experience w/comicstatues, but my order for the same product through thirdzone after comicstatues screwed me, went just great.

OpticBlast
06-20-2007, 02:19 AM
I have ordered from their ebay store and website and have gotten all my orders filled. My pre orders were filled as well. I was able to get my Aphrodite pre order filled despite the recall from CS. I think that because they deal in such large volume, through their ebay and online store, it severely delays their reply time. In the end they've always come through for me so far.

Mustangnutbcuz
06-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Well at this point, be the end of the week, they will have ignored me for almost a month. I've placed calls, emailed them, and nothing. I'm gonna end up going on ebay to pick one up again, but I'll NEVER, EVER waste my time with them again. Buyers BEWARE!!! There's enough people on this thread with issues to make anyone stay away...

Iacon13
06-22-2007, 10:20 AM
It seems their policy is pretty simple and pathetic honour orders until there is a problem and if a problem comes up ignore the problem in hopes that it will go away.

bane
06-22-2007, 11:14 AM
When they shipped to Europe I used to order from them all the time , until they kept my order and my money . PLain thieves if you ask me !

Mustangnutbcuz
06-28-2007, 04:44 PM
Wow, well I still haven't gotten a response from them so it seems that I'm out my money, and totally screwed. I contacted my CC and they are in the process of investigating this, but I'm not hopeful. This website is rediculous and should be shut down. There seem to be way too many people getting ripped of by these people...

endless1
06-28-2007, 05:49 PM
I have heard bad things about them and elmstreetonline.com:(

'Nuff
06-28-2007, 05:54 PM
I just got my 2nd shipment from them today...No problems here...:thumbs2:

Ink
06-28-2007, 07:13 PM
I got a BD logan FS off them last year, got it in like 3 days after I bought it

Mustangnutbcuz
06-28-2007, 10:05 PM
Hmmm...well I'm sorry to say that I'm done with them...I'm still out the money for the emma I ordered from them, and on top of it I had to put out another 200.00 for a new on off ebay. I learned my lesson, I hope others learn from me...

THANOS WANNABE
06-30-2007, 08:40 PM
I've ordered from thirdzone.com since 2000 (maybe 2001) and have been always been very pleased with their service, prices, and products. They had some issues when Katrina hit New Orleans but have otherwise been stellar.

I even ordered the White Moon Knight Bowen variant at a discounted price from them and received it when it was released with no problems. Many companies would have kept the rare statue and sold it at a higher price on eBay.

From my extensive dealings with them, they get my highest recommendations.

Brad
11-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Anybody know what happened to Craig Ernst and Thirdzone.com????

Their website's been gone for a couple of weeks and I get no replies to any of their email accounts.

Looks like their ebay account is still active, sort of. But I get no replies via that route either.

I put a deposit on an Aspen Kiani Statue a year ago and never got a Bowen FS Scorpion they were supposed to replace from almost as long ago. Looking like I'm going to have to write off both as losses :(