PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow slow on Marvel!

rjb America
06-22-2007, 07:07 PM
It might be me but has Sideshow been slow on putting out quality Marvel statues. After Cap PF is released what do we really have to look forward to in the way of comiquettes or PF's for Marvel Nada:bawling:
And when they do release something new if it's another Spider-Man statue I'm going to take my Green Goblin PF and bash myself in the head with it a few hundred times:banghead: .
Come on Sideshow let's get on the ball and anounce some new PF's maybe Thor, Daredevil, or Silver Surfer by chance.
If anybody from Sideshow reads this thread please get the ball rolling on new Marvel statues.

Thanks,
RJ

rilynil
06-22-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm eager for the second X-Men vs. Sentinel piece. Anyone have a guess when that might ship?

Wolverine1
06-22-2007, 07:23 PM
Why would anyone want a pf Silver Surfr? He isnt wearing any clothes.... Why not a comiquette for him? Do a Juggernaut and Apocalypse comiquette too!

DetroitSportsFan
06-22-2007, 07:24 PM
SDCC is next month. There will probably be some new Marvel stuff announced then.

k-9
06-22-2007, 07:37 PM
SDCC is next month. There will probably be some new Marvel stuff announced then.

i can't wait that long...i need my fix now!!!:bawling:

noseeb13
06-22-2007, 08:20 PM
NOOOOO!
Cool it on Marvel for a while.
My bank account can't take the punishment much longer.

toe
06-22-2007, 08:40 PM
I agree with Noseeb. After Capt. America, there is comic con so I really need a brake, cash wise.

GangstaRoranous
06-22-2007, 08:52 PM
I agree with Noseeb. After Capt. America, there is comic con so I really need a brake, cash wise.

Me too brother.

Castaneda
06-22-2007, 09:18 PM
I need a brealk too, :buttrock:
I pre-ordered:

SW Alien Maquette
SW T-800 endo life size bust,
CM-T800 &
my new PC Computer:)

It's enough............... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

High Lord Apocalypse
06-22-2007, 09:30 PM
i feel sorry for everyone looking for a break. in the next 31 days ss will reveal atleast 1 pf or comiquette, 1 cinemaquette, 1 vs diorama for marvel.

rjb America
06-22-2007, 10:17 PM
me too Tony D, plus love the Avatar:buttrock:

AsOneDead
06-22-2007, 10:26 PM
would love to see some more marvel stuff, particularly a surfer comiquette, hope they do characters that dont really get the spotlight like nightcrawler, gambit, etc. And bring on some LOTR PF's!!

biglebowski9999
06-23-2007, 12:16 AM
i feel sorry for everyone looking for a break. in the next 31 days ss will reveal atleast 1 pf or comiquette, 1 cinemaquette, 1 vs diorama for marvel.

hope you're right

rilynil
06-23-2007, 12:19 AM
i feel sorry for everyone looking for a break. in the next 31 days ss will reveal atleast 1 pf or comiquette, 1 cinemaquette, ***1 vs diorama**** for marvel.

A new Vs. Diorama???? Awesome! I passed on the Cap/Red Skull piece, but I have a feeling I won't pass on two straight in this series. :buttrock:

bjread
06-23-2007, 12:28 AM
All I know on X-men Vs #2 is that for Flex Pay peeps like me, they begin charging 1st payment on July 20

rilynil
06-23-2007, 12:31 AM
The X-Men Vs. No. 2 is only the second piece I've ordered directly from Sideshow. How much advance warning do people usually get before their credit card is charged? I hope it's a couple of weeks. Does anyone know?

Car50n
06-23-2007, 01:29 AM

thats what i heard. Marvel gets 1 statue(not sure which line,) 1 vs

toe
06-23-2007, 02:05 AM

..as long as it is not coming within 2 months, it's okay with me :thumbs2:

noseeb13
06-23-2007, 02:09 AM
The X-Men Vs. No. 2 is only the second piece I've ordered directly from Sideshow. How much advance warning do people usually get before their credit card is charged? I hope it's a couple of weeks. Does anyone know?

Usually anywhere from 10-25 days out they send you an email letting you know that are going pre-authorize your card in X number of days.

BOWEN NUT
06-23-2007, 02:41 AM
My wallet could use a break.

However, I would LOVE to hear some news coming out of San Diego Comic Con that there is a Thor PF in our future!

I really can't think of any other Marvel character more deserving of a PF right now than THOR. IMO.

DSET
06-23-2007, 02:55 AM

ooO crap!
I never knew this:banghead:
I just put up my 2month old Venom vs Spidey DF to pay for Cap Pf eX SS because I know its gonna keep going up in price

Hopefully these upcoming statues arent too expensive
please SS give me a 150$ Adam Hughes-Black Cat PF:thumbs2:

lord odin
06-23-2007, 02:58 AM
I`ve passed on just about every piece SS makes and I don`t have any regrets.
The vs. pieces if it`s not a bad pose it`s characters are way out of proportions like the Hulk vs. Spidey.:thumbsdow
His arm is bigger than Spiderman`s whole body.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r131/taxx10/SideshowHulkSpiderman3UltimateToys.jpg

Force of Nature
06-23-2007, 03:02 AM
Juggernaut, Juggernaut, Juggernaut... Sideshow please make me a PF of the comic book Juggernaut!
Use mixed media like a metal helmet, metal bands around his arms and real rubber boots.
Also make an exclusive edition in which the Ruby Gem of Cyttorak is included to display next to the Juggernaut PF.

Please, please, please??? :buttrock:

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

Why would anyone want a pf Silver Surfr? He isnt wearing any clothes.... Why not a comiquette for him? Do a Juggernaut and Apocalypse comiquette too!

rjb America
06-23-2007, 03:04 AM
I agree with Force of Nature.

Juggernaut
06-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Im hoping for

comiquette: Silver Surfer, Venom, Apocalypse, Thanos, Thor, Juggernaut, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Spiderman, Punisher.

PF: Juggernaut, Iron Man.

Diorama: Fantastic Four VS Galactus.

Statuesque Fellow
06-23-2007, 09:23 AM
I`ve passed on just about every piece SS makes and I don`t have any regrets.
The vs. pieces if it`s not a bad pose it`s characters are way out of proportions like the Hulk vs. Spidey.:thumbsdow
His arm is bigger than Spiderman`s whole body.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r131/taxx10/SideshowHulkSpiderman3UltimateToys.jpg

I agree. This is a retarded piece IMO. I'm always surprised when I hear people rave about it.

SolidLiquidFox
06-23-2007, 09:49 AM
I don't know if you guys realize this but the Hulk has been known to increase in size the more angry he gets. He is sometimes drawn as this ridiculous mass of muscle and anger. Of course, to know this you have to read a "retarded" comic in order to know what the "retarded" piece is based on. Oh, that's right...I forgot a lot of folks here don't read comics. They just get the statues...

This really is a beautiful piece. Lots of detail in it. Calling it "retarded" is just an insult to the sculptor.

GangstaRoranous
06-23-2007, 09:49 AM
I agree. This is a retarded piece IMO. I'm always surprised when I hear people rave about it.

Wow, check your eyes man! That piece is awesome!:buttrock:

GangstaRoranous
06-23-2007, 09:50 AM

This really is a beautiful piece. Lots of detail in it. Calling it "retarded" is just an insult to the sculptor.

Agreed.

lord odin
06-23-2007, 09:55 AM
I don't know if you guys realize this but the Hulk has been known to increase in size the more angry he gets. He is sometimes drawn as this ridiculous mass of muscle and anger. Of course, to know this you have to read a "retarded" comic in order to know what the "retarded" piece is based on. Oh, that's right...I forgot a lot of folks here don't read comics. They just get the statues...

Show me a comic with Hulk being what looks like close to 20 ft tall.
As for the piece it is sculpted very nice and has lots of detail but I would never buy it.

rilynil
06-23-2007, 09:57 AM
The Spider-Man vs. Hulk piece is what started my whole statue-buying hobby. I think it's an incredible piece. It's one of the best Hulk sculpts there is. Spidey, too, for that matter.

SolidLiquidFox
06-23-2007, 10:02 AM
http://www.trollandtoad.com/images/ebay/renee/aw2k/LotImg8533.jpg

rilynil
06-23-2007, 10:18 AM

ZING! Excellent example, SLF! :thumbs2:

lord odin
06-23-2007, 10:21 AM
These pics are from the same issue Hulk being that big is from the artist not his power also this is the same comic that Spiderman punched him into orbit.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r131/taxx10/h4.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r131/taxx10/h3.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r131/taxx10/h2-1.jpg

lord odin
06-23-2007, 10:21 AM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r131/taxx10/h1.jpg

SolidLiquidFox
06-23-2007, 10:30 AM
I never noticed until today that the cover shows as if Spidey is punching him in the balls.

lord odin
06-23-2007, 12:12 PM
I never noticed until today that the cover shows as if Spidey is punching him in the balls.
No wonder he`s mad.:laugh:

sheople
06-23-2007, 12:15 PM
I need to let my bank and credit cards cool down a bit... I only collected SS at first, until I came here and BAM, DST, BOWEN and etc... This forum will be the end of me.

lord odin
06-23-2007, 12:16 PM
I need to let my bank and credit cards cool down a bit...
Put them in the freezer.

sheople
06-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Put them in the freezer.

That doesn't work...

This week was a surprise to me. SS charged me for the CAP PF and BestComics charged me for the Chrome IM. $600 gone in 1 day. I know it doesn't seem that bad compare to some of you guys.

SolidLiquidFox
06-23-2007, 12:24 PM
I took a hit on Maul and Cap PF. They shipped thursday and friday.

Alex655321
06-23-2007, 12:28 PM

I look forward to the announcements!!

"F" my wallet:buttrock:

sheople
06-23-2007, 12:31 PM
I took a hit on Maul and Cap PF. They shipped thursday and friday.

That Maul looks AMAZING!!! I saw it at my LCS and I am tempted to purchase it myself, but I don't know if I want to start collecting Star Wars stuff.

I look forward to the announcements!!

"F" my wallet:buttrock:

Your wallet is like a girl with a Badonkadonk and she can take the hits...

GangstaRoranous
06-23-2007, 12:46 PM
That doesn't work...

This week was a surprise to me. SS charged me for the CAP PF and BestComics charged me for the Chrome IM. $600 gone in 1 day. I know it doesn't seem that bad compare to some of you guys.

Big week/month for all of us...:banghead:

blue_rogue
06-23-2007, 12:52 PM
With next month being SDCC, and the launch of the new Thor comic, SS's just gotta reveal a Thor item. Hopefully not based on the new look, though.

Nightcrawler777
06-23-2007, 12:55 PM
It might be me but has Sideshow been slow on putting out quality Marvel statues. After Cap PF is released what do we really have to look forward to in the way of comiquettes or PF's for Marvel Nada:bawling:
And when they do release something new if it's another Spider-Man statue I'm going to take my Green Goblin PF and bash myself in the head with it a few hundred times:banghead: .
Come on Sideshow let's get on the ball and anounce some new PF's maybe Thor, Daredevil, or Silver Surfer by chance.
If anybody from Sideshow reads this thread please get the ball rolling on new Marvel statues.

Thanks,
RJ

Try being a Horror PF Collector...

sheople
06-23-2007, 12:59 PM
Try being a Horror PF Collector...

http://images.nicoclub.com/forums/images/smilies/spitout.gif*points* http://images.nicoclub.com/forums/images/smilies/rofl.gif

BigLeagueChu
06-23-2007, 03:11 PM
I will be happy for just ONE thing to be shown at SDCC. IIRC, last year it was PF Hulk. Hopefully it's a Daredevil VS Diorama. Oh yeah, also can't wait to see X-men #2.

GangstaRoranous
06-23-2007, 03:19 PM
I will be happy for just ONE thing to be shown at SDCC. IIRC, last year it was PF Hulk. Hopefully it's a Daredevil VS Diorama. Oh yeah, also can't wait to see X-men #2.

:buttrock: :buttrock:

SolidLiquidFox
06-23-2007, 04:22 PM
I have a funny feeling that the Marvel PF will be Daredevil and not Thor

goingbroke223
06-23-2007, 04:29 PM
i like ss pace. i think bowen is putting out too much at once.
people have to decide. if ss only does 3 or 4 pf statues a year i could get all 4.i also think flex pay rules!! its nice havin them take it out 3 times or 4 so final cost is low.

goingbroke223
06-23-2007, 04:29 PM
oh yea. i think a thor pf would be aesome but im a dd fan and i would buy dd in a second!

vetteman
06-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Let SS take their time. This isn't like the cheap looking garbage that Bowen puts out where they can crank out 4-5 per month! These are actual works of art. There is a big difference. :buttrock:

toe
06-23-2007, 05:04 PM
I have a funny feeling that the Marvel PF will be Daredevil and not Thor

...actually, if my analysis is correct...we might see our first PF Girl Marvel character :buttrock:

Ridimous
06-23-2007, 05:04 PM
I feel that SS is slow on marvel cause I'm really excited to see what's next. But my wallet is telling me "take a break". I think we all need a break.

loricstone
06-23-2007, 05:22 PM
i like ss pace. i think bowen is putting out too much at once.
people have to decide. if ss only does 3 or 4 pf statues a year i could get all 4.i also think flex pay rules!! its nice havin them take it out 3 times or 4 so final cost is low.

3 or 4 Marvel PF's, or just PF's in general. They only put out 1 (if we are lucky 2) Marvel PF's (the only line I really care about from SS) a year. And people think Hard Hero is bad. Granted, SS makes tons of other things (mostly stuff I would not buy), plus their PF's are much more detailed and bigger than HH or Bowen, but since everybody else wants to play a blame game on certain companies pace and choice of characters on these threads, I will do no less and say that there is no excuse for it!:mad:

Instead of releasing all this other stuff, they should allocate more resources to Marvel products (PF, Comiquette, Maquette). Enough Star Wars and other useless collectibles (RAH). When SS makes a Marvel character, 9 times out of 10 (with the exception of Iron Man--I think HH's Iron Man will never be beat), they make the best Marvel collectibles in the industry! They have the best Hulk (mainly due to its size--nothing will ever change my mind about that), the best Captain America, Wolverine (a better one can be made by another company though), Ghost Rider (ditto), the best Elektra, and their best PF to me (until I get Cap) Green Goblin! Oh damn, what was I thinking, their best statue they probably ever made was Dr. Doom PF! So if they make such awesome Marvel statues, and they know they will sell out, why not produce more? I don't expect them to put out 4 PFs a year, but a consistent 2, plus a couple Comiquettes/Maquettes would be nice.

Anton Phibes
06-23-2007, 06:05 PM
If they are slow on Marvel then they must be considered "creeping, gasping death" on Universal Monsters. Heh. heh. heh.:thumbsdow

devlinboy
06-23-2007, 06:06 PM
well, i like the ss star wars products and lotr products a lot. i would definitely not want them to just focus on marvel characters. there are people who would wish for them to stop making marvel and focus on star wars. and i love the medicom figures sideshow distributes. they dont make these medicom figs they sell them . RAH are definitely not useless . they are some of the best collectibles out there imo.
ss also has some big misses with their marvel line. logan , thing maquette, beast maquette, elektra is not too great.
i think the marvel line moves along pretty steadily.

sheople
06-23-2007, 06:11 PM
well, i like the ss star wars products and lotr products a lot. i would definitely not want them to just focus on marvel characters. there are people who would wish for them to stop making marvel and focus on star wars. and i love the medicom figures sideshow distributes. they dont make these medicom figs they sell them . RAH are definitely not useless . they are some of the best collectibles out there imo.
ss also has some big misses with their marvel line. logan , thing maquette, beast maquette, elektra is not too great.

I think those two are underrated.

k-9
06-23-2007, 08:59 PM
I feel that SS is slow on marvel cause I'm really excited to see what's next. But my wallet is telling me "take a break". I think we all need a break.

No..you need a break...i'm ready for it.:buttrock:

loricstone
06-23-2007, 09:27 PM

Me three! Don't like the look of the Hulk, and Spidey is indeed too small, or Hulk is entirely too big. Take your pic.

loricstone
06-23-2007, 09:43 PM

I don't think they should stop making other products (my bad choice of words), but I feel they make entirely too many other products. LOTR, oh my God, they must have made a book of statues on that! That was complete overkill! Star Wars PF's are great! If I was able to buy all the statues from the beginning, I might have done so, but considering, Attakus and Gentle Giant are making Star Wars too, there is a great deal to choose from. Yes, tons of other companies make Marvel products, but none at the size of SS.

Hellboy, Lord of Darkness, Darth Maul PF's (that Boba is a rip off) are awesome. RAH, excessive LOTR (though most are nice), and key chains and other S#!t is overkill and they need to take a breather! Just my opinion!

Cut down all that RAH Marvel collectibles, and you have not too many Marvel statues for a company that has existed well over ten years! I'm not asking for tons more Marvel products (Hell, I get more than my good fix from Hard Hero and Bowen), but I am asking for more PF's and Comiquettes.

Black Cat
06-23-2007, 10:37 PM
SS does need to do a few more comiquettes and PF's for Marvel instead of 1 of each.

Oh and no more Thors, Hulks, Wolverines, Iron Man or Spidermans. Make characters that have yet to be made and not ones that nobody has ever heard of.

punisher129
06-23-2007, 10:48 PM
How about a kick ass , Frank Miller inspired PUNISHER vs DAREDEVIL dio ??? Now that would be cool.

---PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE---

vetteman
06-23-2007, 10:49 PM
SS does need to do a few more comiquettes and PF's for Marvel instead of 1 of each.

Oh and no more Thors, Hulks, Wolverines, Iron Man or Spidermans. Make characters that have yet to be made and not ones that nobody has ever heard of.SS has yet to do a Thor yet and needs to be done.

Black Cat
06-23-2007, 10:50 PM
SS has yet to do a Thor yet and needs to be done.

My post above was for all places not SS only. Thor has been done way too much

rjb America
06-23-2007, 11:48 PM
I think loricstone is correct when people have been giving HH grief about their release dates, and the pace of their releases. I love SS Star Wars, LOTR, Predator, and Ash pieces. But they could cut back on some of their lines like the John Wayne(love the Duke, But SS does not do him justice, sorry SS). Also who needs a Elvis Piece, I just saw him yesterday at Crispy Cream. And Rocky statues and busts, two out of 6 good movies give me a break! Give us a Thor or DD PF!

vetteman
06-23-2007, 11:56 PM
My post above was for all places not SS only. Thor has been done way too muchYeah but a lot of SS collectors only collect SS so for them it has never been done.:thumbs2:

Black Cat
06-24-2007, 12:27 AM
Yeah but a lot of SS collectors only collect SS so for them it has never been done.:thumbs2:

Well I guess you do have a point

DSET
06-25-2007, 05:46 AM

Oh and no more Thors, Hulks, Wolverines, Iron Man or Spidermans. Make characters that have yet to be made and not ones that nobody has ever heard of.

how about.......

The SPOT!:buttrock: :buttrock:

Black Cat
06-25-2007, 06:24 PM
With next month being SDCC, and the launch of the new Thor comic, SS's just gotta reveal a Thor item. Hopefully not based on the new look, though.

I'm going to be so upset if the new PF is Thor unless they reveal a female character as well of some sort, maquette whatever

Vracula
06-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Let SS take their time. This isn't like the cheap looking garbage that Bowen puts out where they can crank out 4-5 per month! These are actual works of art. There is a big difference. :buttrock:

wow thats preety harsh!!!ahahahha

i personally am wiating for the day ss starts doing DC

Makkari1
06-25-2007, 08:15 PM
Careful what you wish for.

Vracula
06-25-2007, 08:16 PM

you talkin to me bub?

Black Cat
06-25-2007, 10:39 PM

Why I think DC would be a good line to do along with MORE marvel

Ridimous
06-26-2007, 01:56 AM
No..you need a break...i'm ready for it.:buttrock:

Take your time SS. This guy's out of control.

Ridimous
06-26-2007, 01:58 AM
Why I think DC would be a good line to do along with MORE marvel

I agree. I want a nice Flash PF.

devlinboy
06-30-2007, 03:07 PM
I don't think they should stop making other products (my bad choice of words), but I feel they make entirely too many other products. LOTR, oh my God, they must have made a book of statues on that! That was complete overkill! Star Wars PF's are great! If I was able to buy all the statues from the beginning, I might have done so, but considering, Attakus and Gentle Giant are making Star Wars too, there is a great deal to choose from. Yes, tons of other companies make Marvel products, but none at the size of SS.

Hellboy, Lord of Darkness, Darth Maul PF's (that Boba is a rip off) are awesome. RAH, excessive LOTR (though most are nice), and key chains and other S#!t is overkill and they need to take a breather! Just my opinion!

Cut down all that RAH Marvel collectibles, and you have not too many Marvel statues for a company that has existed well over ten years! I'm not asking for tons more Marvel products (Hell, I get more than my good fix from Hard Hero and Bowen), but I am asking for more PF's and Comiquettes.

i get what you are saying now. i would love for more marvel statues from ss too. i would also like them to keep the prices down on the reg versions. they sohould make more. let the exclusives be super limited and hard to find. i do not want to go broke with this hobby .
as far as ss making a ton of random things. you are right about that my friend. the bobble heads and other random things do kind of = junk in the long run. but then again im sure someone loves those bobble heads too.

either way make mine hard hero...and a few ss statues here and there.

loricstone
06-30-2007, 03:10 PM
In the immortal word of Lord Odin.......

ditto