PDA

View Full Version : Hair Dryer Trick-Help.

GangstaRoranous
06-23-2007, 01:18 PM
I have a piece that does not fit very well on the pegs of the base. I have heard some people heat the statue with a hair dryer to move a leg or to get it to fit on a peg properly. How do you do this? Are there any tricks or anything I should know now beforehand? Thanks.

lord odin
06-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Just keep the dryer moving and keep it on low to medium going in a circle.
Put the piece in hot water also works just make sure you`re not holding the hair dryer otherwise the statue will be the least of your problems.

GangstaRoranous
06-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Put the piece in hot water also works just make sure you`re not holding the hair dryer otherwise the statue will be the least of your problems.

Thanks for the info. I will use the hair dryer....but not in the shower. :eplus2:
Honestly I don't want to wet it because it's a PF.

Nightcrawler777
06-23-2007, 01:35 PM

Ha..
That was funny..
Im not used to humor from Odin...:thumbs2:

But Anywho..
Just be super Careful..
It can go from bad to worse really quick when trying to get statues to move..

What PF is it your having trouble with???

darthmatrix
06-23-2007, 02:33 PM
That trick works really well I used it to move the range finder on my GG fett statue a while back....just be really careful....

Sgt Taz
06-23-2007, 02:51 PM
That trick works really well I used it to move the range finder on my GG fett statue a while back....just be really careful....I also would not put it in water, pf or otherwise.

GangstaRoranous
06-23-2007, 02:56 PM
So it worked....very slow process but it worked. :)

Here is how off it was originally.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w288/the_zombie_doc/Sideshow%20James%20Bond/044f6960.jpg

He is perfect now. :thumbs2:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w288/the_zombie_doc/Sideshow%20James%20Bond/df933518.jpg

darthmatrix
06-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Damn wasnt even close originally. gald it worked for ya :thumbs2:

GangstaRoranous
06-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Damn wasnt even close originally. gald it worked for ya :thumbs2:

Me too, I am so tired of sending things back to SS. Cap is coming soon so pray for perfection. :laugh:

BigLeagueChu
06-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Wow, great job on that! Did you heat it around the foot or higher up on the knee or thigh?

darthmatrix
06-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Me too, I am so tired of sending things back to SS. Cap is coming soon so pray for perfection. :laugh:

Same here

massf
06-23-2007, 03:46 PM
me too!!!

Trilogy
06-23-2007, 05:36 PM

lol. :laugh:

Trilogy
06-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Now your a pretty handy with a hair dryer, perhaps you can do some hair styling on the side to help pay for that Jack CM. ;) :laugh:

J/K, nice work GR. :thumbs2:

GangstaRoranous
06-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Wow, great job on that! Did you heat it around the foot or higher up on the knee or thigh?

Thanks. I did a little everywhere actually. Mostly towards the upper thigh, some on the ankle and a little on the knee. It took forever and I really thought it was not doing anything. Towards the end I had to use a little force but it all came out perfect. Now he pretty much slides right on with a little help towards the end. :thumbs2:

GangstaRoranous
06-23-2007, 06:28 PM
Now your a pretty handy with a hair dryer, perhaps you can do some hair styling on the side to help pay for that Jack CM. ;) :laugh:

J/K, nice work GR. :thumbs2:

Not a bad idea. *Runs to Great Clips to steal some customers*

taizo99
06-23-2007, 06:35 PM
can anyone help with this one: i bought hulk vs spidey dio and the rock were traffic signal & spidey are supposed to join is very tight & wont go right in any solutions ( cant remember thread but heard of others with same problem )

GangstaRoranous
06-23-2007, 06:42 PM
can anyone help with this one: i bought hulk vs spidey dio and the rock were traffic signal & spidey are supposed to join is very tight & wont go right in any solutions ( cant remember thread but heard of others with same problem )

You must bend the stick to fit...but be careful because it can snap VERY easily!!!!!! Do AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Davidian
06-23-2007, 11:09 PM
Good job Rory, that would have pissed me off if that were mine!

Trilogy
06-24-2007, 05:35 AM
Not a bad idea. *Runs to Great Clips to steal some customers*

:laugh: