PDA

View Full Version : When did Rogue lose her powers

marvelboi77
01-23-2005, 03:12 AM
Ok I just read Rogue #7 and Lady Deathstike busts out of a plane. I was like all right Rogue is going to kick her butt.

Rogue has a thought bubble I need to avoid her since I lost my Super Strength...Huh....When did she lose her flight, invulnerability, and strength. All she has now is her mutant power.

Perna
01-23-2005, 12:36 PM
It happened in Extreme X-Men. Her and Gambit both ended up losing their powers but Sage jump started them up again near the end of that series. I guess Sage was only able to re-activate Rogue's mutant power and not bring back what she previously had. I don't like Rogue this way. She was way better with Ms. Marvel's powers.

marvelboi77
01-23-2005, 02:25 PM
Hey thanks for getting back to me. I stopped collecting X-Treme X-Men way before it was cancelled. Storm is my favorite character, but I just think the stories sucked. Now that she is in Uncanny X-Men those arn't very good either.

But now Rogue is a wimp. I don't know if she will be half as cool now.

Scoobydude
01-23-2005, 02:40 PM
MB---Rogue is now NOT even 1/16th cool.

And it took Sage like almost a year to "jumpstart" her powers. Uhm,....if I was
on that team and one of my team mates had a "cure" that they held off on
for over a year..........I'd go medevil on their a$$.

Oh, wait. But it let "ANNA" get all those cool tattoos..........

Marvel SUX swamp water. And Joe Q the editor eats worms for passing this stuff along!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Confessor
01-23-2005, 05:40 PM
I abhor this treatment of the characters (losing the powers) in nearly any setting. It's a stupid plot device used as a way to generate story b/c the writers have run out of fresh ideas and/or are intellectually lazy. Rogue this way is lame-o, man.

Scoobydude
01-23-2005, 05:53 PM
Ahmen!

spider-man
01-23-2005, 08:24 PM
yea , they really screwed rogues charachter up.

ashley76
01-23-2005, 08:41 PM
It's called getting things closer to the ultimate universe... Change is good.

Confessor
01-23-2005, 11:07 PM

We'll agree to disagree, friend. I think that the ultimate universe kinda stinks, to tell the truth...especially the FF's versions...that one really sucks a hard boiled egg!

SirConor
01-23-2005, 11:15 PM
We'll agree to disagree, friend. I think that the ultimate universe kinda stinks, to tell the truth...especially the FF's versions...that one really sucks a hard boiled egg!

Couldn't agree with you more Confessor. Ultimate universe is garbage. Complete garbage - and the Ultimate Fantastic Four is the rotten diaper on top of the heap.

X-Treme X-Men was godawful, and now Uncanny X-Men isnt looking much better... and its ALL because of Chris Claremont. Someone needs put him out of comission! He's got "creator's zeal" in much the same way I think George Lucas has it... started out with a really fresh, wonderful run (Claremont's X-Men, Lucas' Star Wars) then seemed to get bored and feel the need to keep his name in the game so he revamped the X-Men and is just ruining everything. I sincerely hope Rogue gets the rest of her powers back shortly, I do not like her like this either.

nbr3bagshotrow
01-23-2005, 11:45 PM
I like the Ultimate universe. Doesn't have all the baggage of 30+ years of poor writing, screwed up continuity, plus a fresh approach. I like the stories they have started with.

Rogue
01-23-2005, 11:58 PM
I am a huge Rogue fan too, but I must admit that I do not like her with just her mutant power. I really really miss when she had Ms. Marvel's powers to fly, super strength and near invicibility. She doesn't seem to do anything interesting anymore. Hopefully she will get her powers back. In the new Rogue series, issue #8's cover shows Rogue flying. Maybe she just temporarily absorbs a mutants power to fly. :thumbsdow :bawling: I still have hope though.

bat_collector
01-24-2005, 03:30 PM
I think Marvel went with Rogue losing her powers so all those who decided to read x-men after seeing the movie wouldn't have a coronary when they found out she had flight, super strength, and invulnerability. Which is lame!

I like her better with her powers. And I like Uncanny X-men!

Big no to the Ultiamte Universe. Utter garbage. :stick:

Crom
01-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Does anyone remember when Rouge had only her mutant powers? I thought she was much more interesting because each time she showed up, her powers were determined by who she fought.

I haven't read any X-Men stories with Rouge in them for a long time because she always relies on the powers she stole from Ms. Marvel. I always liked her better when she had to siphon off from other people. I think it really ups the fear-factor of her powers. You never know who she will swipe from and when. She can be the most powerful person inteh Marvel Universe depending on her opponents, if for a brief time.

I know a lot of people like her all suped-up though. I would say give it a little time and just enjoy her this way for a little while. I have a feeling it won't be long before she gets her powers back.

Perna
01-24-2005, 04:07 PM
Crom, I agree and disagree. She was at her most basic when she was a villain. The powers she took were always from heroes, so that aspect of it was cool. She enjoyed stealing powers from other people at this time. When she took Ms. Marvels powers she herself became this super being who permanently absorbed Ms. Marvels psyche. That drove her crazy and she never wanted to experience that again. I loved Rogue better with the Ms. Marvel powers because she was at a constant battle with herself.

Crom
01-24-2005, 04:14 PM
Crom, I agree and disagree. She was at her most basic when she was a villain. The powers she took were always from heroes, so that aspect of it was cool. She enjoyed stealing powers from other people at this time. When she took Ms. Marvels powers she herself became this super being who permanently absorbed Ms. Marvels psyche. That drove her crazy and she never wanted to experience that again. I loved Rogue better with the Ms. Marvel powers because she was at a constant battle with herself.

Perna, I did like the mental battle she waged with he identity. I always thought that was cool. But over time I felt like even that was put to the wayside.

Like I said, I haven't read anything with it in a while. It just seems she is now the most confident, leading character n the X-Men. I liked it when she came to the X-Men to gain control of her powers. I think that aspect has been a casualty of the constant romance up and downs of her life.

And while she was a villain she enjoyed stealing powers, some of my favorite issues with her are when she has had to take a teammates powers to fight on.

I just prefer her having to deal without her powers. But then again, I never grew to be as big a fan of her as others. I realize a lot of people really see her Ms. Marvel powers as hers. She was also one of the most powerful women in the Marvel Universe. I don't think this is permanent. And if it wa smade due to the movie, it is a bit late in the game. I think this will just be a cool storyline, nothing more.

Perna
01-24-2005, 04:23 PM
Crom, don't get me wrong. I agree that she was most interesting when she was her own worst enemy. She was the outsider in a group of outsiders. I also don't like the approach they've taken with her now. She doesn't seem to worry about anything now. I liked the c ocky Rogue from a few years back when Silvestri and Lee were drawing her. She was always the first to jump into battle but when it came to personal time, she was one of the loneliest people.