PDA

View Full Version : Comission Pieces - Sculptors

Bullseye
01-23-2005, 04:01 PM
This is a question for kd and the sculpting gang. Do you do commission work or have you ever done commission work?

Zurbaran1
01-23-2005, 04:06 PM
Bullseye, I think most sculptors will take on commission work but how much and when is going to depend on their schedule. These guys can get pretty busy and if they are working on retail product they may not have much time to devote to private commissions. Count on paying a pretty penny for a one of a kind commissioned piece from any one of these awesome sculptors. Most have taken on commissions and probably more so when they were first starting out.

Bullseye
01-23-2005, 04:09 PM
I was thinking of that Zurb. If your prepared to pay say $1200 - $1600 for a SS piece you you be prepared to pay a similar price to a sculptor to do a one off piece. PS. It wouldn't have to be a one off piece. If there were a number of members on the board who would like a character done (say for example A Balrog) how many here would fork in to have say 10 made. You get the idea.

nbr3bagshotrow
01-23-2005, 04:18 PM
I was thinking of that Zurb. If your prepared to pay say $1200 - $1600 for a SS piece you you be prepared to pay a similar price to a sculptor to do a one off piece. PS. It wouldn't have to be a one off piece. If there were a number of members on the board who would like a character done (say for example A Balrog) how many here would fork in to have say 10 made. You get the idea.
Trying to get this group to agree on which piece to commission would be an effort in futility!:D

How many to pony up for a Frankie Ray Gold Chrome Nova commission?:D

Bullseye
01-23-2005, 04:23 PM
I bet I could get 10 people to agree to a character being made. Its agreeing how much they want to spend is the tricky part.

Wayne Industries
01-23-2005, 05:37 PM
So what are WE having made???? :D

Sniper
01-23-2005, 05:42 PM
depends on what character will be made and what is the final damage on the account

Bullseye
01-23-2005, 05:57 PM
Well how about putting a list of five characters you'ed like to be made. Don't limit it to Marvel/DC if and LoTR stuff interests you.

1. A Balrog Piece
2. A Spider-man Piece
3. A Thor/Silver Surfer Piece
4. A Hulk Piece
5. A Darth Vader

Just a few examples.

marvelboi77
01-23-2005, 07:00 PM
Spider-Woman
Batgirl
She-Hulk
Ms. Marvel
Nova

Kdawg59
01-23-2005, 07:00 PM
I think you will get slapped for anything LOTR B- Cease and desist order... same with star wars... I could be wrong though...

My choices I would like to see as kits?

Green Arrow & Black Canary
Batman
Captain America
Thor
Battlechasers

Wayne Industries
01-23-2005, 07:06 PM
I think you will get slapped for anything LOTR B- Cease and desist order... same with star wars... I could be wrong though...

My choices I would like to see as kits?

Green Arrow & Black Canary
Batman
Captain America
Thor
Battlechasers

isn't there a limit to sculpts (as in under 20 pieces) being made before a ceast to desist order is filed?? just thought I saw that somewhere??

Kdawg59
01-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Yeah you can have a limited amount and I'm told fly under the radar. But it depends and I don't know for certain... But with Sideshow and Gentle giant??? I heard they really bulldog the Garage kitters... Like I aid I can't be certain but i remember hearing about how someone had a sculpt of a piece on his site and they slammed him with a C&D... It wasn't even more than a portfolio piece... I could be wrong, it's just a scary thought nonetheless...

You could be right too Wayne... like I said I'm not completely sure, I don't wanna fiond out though:( LOTR seems like a hornets nest to me...

Wayne Industries
01-23-2005, 07:18 PM
Yeah you can have a limited amount and I'm told fly under the radar. But it depends and I don't know for certain... But with Sideshow and Gentle giant??? I heard they really bulldog the Garage kitters... Like I aid I can't be certain but i remember hearing about how someone had a sculpt of a piece on his site and they slammed him with a C&D... It wasn't even more than a portfolio piece... I could be wrong, it's just a scary thought nonetheless...

You could be right too Wayne... like I said I'm not completely sure, I don't wanna fiond out though:( LOTR seems like a hornets nest to me...

yeah you're right, :thumbs2: don't really see any compelling reason to wake up the sleeping dragons....

Bullseye
01-23-2005, 08:01 PM
This would be a very limited number as I can't imagine more than 20 people agreeing on the same character.

Sniper
01-23-2005, 09:17 PM
one piece I would like made is the original sketch of the bowen gargoyle statue. IT is on the sleeve and his postion is off the gargoyle with his arm extended . If I had the sleeve I would post it

nbr3bagshotrow
01-23-2005, 11:50 PM
I'm in on a Johnny Quest commission.

DDura711
01-24-2005, 12:40 AM
I would want Mephisto on his Throne, Adam Warlock from the cover of Infinity Watch 1, & Eternity

Kdawg59
01-24-2005, 12:57 AM
you know it would awesome to have a mega diorama of the cover to Secret wars #1!!! WOW!

Jerseydevil
01-24-2005, 01:20 AM
I'd definitely be in on a Harley Quinn commission.

eydylhands
01-24-2005, 12:01 PM
This is a question for kd and the sculpting gang. Do you do commission work or have you ever done commission work?

Yes...I take on private commissions. I have done many different kinds of things this way.

If your seriously interested in commissioning something please email me at

eydylhands1@bellsouth.net

I keep all info regarding pricing and subject matter confidential.

jim

Collection King 13
01-24-2005, 12:10 PM
Thats good to know!

Bullseye
01-24-2005, 12:53 PM
Cheers Jim. Must put some thought into it.

Sniper
01-24-2005, 01:28 PM
With the work Jim does it is safe to say you cant go wrong with a commission piece

potentialenergy
07-10-2009, 09:39 AM

I do sculpts on the cheap, check out my site at www.koolsculptz.com Particulars to look at are my sculpt of the crow and yoda

AstroWho
07-10-2009, 05:22 PM
I asked a few well known sculptors here about Commissions. Some quoted $2500.00 to $3000.00 for each character. So, be prepared to Pay!