PDA

View Full Version : Captain America PF Exclusive, best bang for the buck??

titan7170
06-28-2007, 11:36 PM
So now that many of us got him what do you think?? The exclusive has to be the best yet, so many options to choose from for $279! Theres not a statue out there that can match the included accessories. He was definitely worth the wait and pretty much up there in the top 3 PF out now.

Bowen or Bust
06-28-2007, 11:42 PM
The added pieces with the Exclusive make it well worth the money and more.
I agree it is one of the best PF released so far.

boondocksaint
06-29-2007, 12:04 AM
defintely the best to date

rilynil
06-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Bah! Doom!

(but Cap certainly rocks, too :))

BOWEN NUT
06-29-2007, 01:04 AM
The Cap exclusive does kick all sorts of ass.

My first love though is the Hulk PF.

Daxion
06-29-2007, 01:21 AM
The Cap exclusive does kick all sorts of ass.

My first love though is the Hulk PF.

I should receive my in a couple days and I'll let you know who wins between Hulk/Cap:)

sheople
06-29-2007, 01:32 AM
I should receive my in a couple days and I'll let you know who wins between Hulk/Cap:)

I like the hulk more lol.

SquiderM3
06-29-2007, 01:39 AM
Most definitely, much better than the art prints coming with the Emma and MJ comiquettes.

cougartrace
06-29-2007, 08:31 AM
Definitely Cap.

Collection King 13
06-29-2007, 08:41 AM
Most definitely, much better than the art prints coming with the Emma and MJ comiquettes.

yeah but those were only $125 each... :D

BigLeagueChu
06-29-2007, 09:21 AM
Doom is king, but am on the fence about Cap or Hulk as second place.

cap70
06-29-2007, 09:59 AM
To me Cap is by FAR the best Exclusive ever in a PF piece.

Collection King 13
06-29-2007, 10:00 AM

What she said!!! :buttrock:

Anespian
06-29-2007, 10:31 AM

I've got nothin but admiration for your collection. U really think so Cap EX is THE PF piece? I'm on the fence on this with contemplating to get the EX due to high shipping price...Argghh...just don't wanna look back dwon the road & WTF?!...have i not get it in the first place....:banghead:

snappahead
06-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Yep, been saying it all along. Can't beat this exclusive. This for me is the first exclusive I HAD to get. Most of them aren't that big a deal to me, but this one's different. It's my third favorite PF behind Doom and Hulk, but the excl. is king.

cap70
06-29-2007, 11:26 AM
I've got nothin but admiration for your collection. U really think so Cap EX is THE PF piece? I'm on the fence on this with contemplating to get the EX due to high shipping price...Argghh...just don't wanna look back dwon the road & WTF?!...have i not get it in the first place....:banghead:

Thanks buddy :)
And let me just say this: I own about 20 PF pieces right now(could have more, but I trimmed my collection), from comic Super Heros to movie characters. If I had to choose only 3 PF statues too keep, Cap would be one of them.
Get it, trust me, and trust the people here that are impressed as well. And get it now while you still can get it for a decent price. It's AWESOME.

goingbroke223
06-29-2007, 12:47 PM
cap arrived yesterday. i have it displayed in my glass cabinet and it is simply the best yet!
there isnt one thingi would change on this. cap is the man, cap is an icon , cap is usa and this piece screams it! ill ditto what cap70 said...if you are on the fence get it now! it will only go up. dont be fooled by low 400.00 prices now. everyone that bouight 2 is tryin to flip quick to get their money back. wait a few months and youll see it rise!
especially if thor or another avenger comes along in pf form.

Alex655321
06-29-2007, 10:19 PM
Cap is the best bang for the buck for sure!
So many options, and what an impressive statue!

Glad I got 2:buttrock:

giro
06-30-2007, 01:42 AM
I AGREE GUY'S JUST GOT #80 OF EBAY FOR $398. I LOVE THE GREEN PF HULK I HAVE , BUT CAP IS THE MAN , DEAD MY ASS

loricstone
06-30-2007, 02:59 AM
So now that many of us got him what do you think?? The exclusive has to be the best yet, so many options to choose from for $279! Theres not a statue out there that can match the included accessories. He was definitely worth the wait and pretty much up there in the top 3 PF out now.

Are we talking about just Sideshow, or all companies. I think the Sentinel from Bowen is the best in terms of different choices of how to pose the statue. Cap is awesome, probably the third best of the SS PF statues. 1) Dr. Doom; 2) Green Goblin; 3) Cap America; 4) Hulk; 5) Elektra.

I don't consider Cap the best with included accessories because I would never pose Cap in that ugly 40's shield and head garb.

loricstone
06-30-2007, 03:01 AM

You don't need to get the EX if you can get the regular! I guess it also matters about your preference in regards to his costume. I hate the Golden Age cap, but love the modern one! This Cap is downright awesome though! I doubt you will ever see a better one done!

comicfan
06-30-2007, 03:06 AM
Are we talking about just Sideshow, or all companies. I think the Sentinel from Bowen is the best in terms of different choices of how to pose the statue. Cap is awesome, probably the third best of the SS PF statues. 1) Dr. Doom; 2) Green Goblin; 3) Cap America; 4) Hulk; 5) Elektra.

these two are not even in the same league as the others. let me guess, you have those? :rolleyes:

loricstone
06-30-2007, 03:06 AM

Uuuh, I don't even think Cap is the best of the PF's. Clearly, Doom is so exquisitely sculpted down to the finest details on the chair, pedestal and cup that it is uncanny! Doom looks like one of the great sculptors (like Bernini) sculpted it himself. There is no contest to me! Doom is BY FAR the best Exclusive ever just because the character himself is so awesome, let alone the pedestal and chalice. And guess what, sells of Doom on ebay clearly indicate what is the most sought after statue by Sideshow!

He goes for more than the Predator statue and bust and Lord of Darness bust! Now that's saying something!

loricstone
06-30-2007, 03:07 AM
these two are not even in the same league as the others. let me guess, you have those? :rolleyes:

I have all of them except Doom, who I desperately want but aint coughin up the $1500+ bucks for the exclusive. I also don't have Punisher which I wouldn't mind having in my collection, just to be a PF completist!

comicfan
06-30-2007, 03:07 AM

great advice by cap70 and others. get it if you can. it rulz! :buttrock:

comicfan
06-30-2007, 03:09 AM
Uuuh, I don't even think Cap is the best of the PF's. Clearly, Doom is so exquisitely sculpted down to the finest details on the chair, pedestal and cup that it is uncanny! Doom looks like one of the great sculptors (like Bernini) sculpted it himself. There is no contest to me! Doom is BY FAR the best Exclusive ever just because the character himself is so awesome, let alone the pedestal and chalice. And guess what, sells of Doom on ebay clearly indicate what is the most sought after statue by Sideshow!

He goes for more than the Predator statue and bust and Lord of Darness bust! Now that's saying something!

dude, you need to read and understand what other ppl says. he was talking about the exclusive and i have to agree. cap is by far the best exclusive out there.

rilynil
06-30-2007, 03:10 AM
Uuuh, I don't even think Cap is the best of the PF's. Clearly, Doom is so exquisitely sculpted down to the finest details on the chair, pedestal and cup that it is uncanny! Doom looks like one of the great sculptors (like Bernini) sculpted it himself. There is no contest to me! Doom is BY FAR the best Exclusive ever just because the character himself is so awesome, let alone the pedestal and chalice. And guess what, sells of Doom on ebay clearly indicate what is the most sought after status.

I absolutely could not agree more. Doom rules, pure and simple. :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

loricstone
06-30-2007, 03:11 AM

Let me guess, you think I'm just putting those in their because I only own them? Wrong! I own the Hulk, GG, Elektra, Cap, Wolverine Comiquette, and Ghost Rider Maquette! Would love Doom and a Punisher (non Bradstreet version).

loricstone
06-30-2007, 03:12 AM
dude, you need to read and understand what other ppl says. he was talking about the exclusive and i have to agree. cap is by far the best exclusive out there.

I know exactly what he was talking about! And I still say, as an Exclusive, Doom absolutely trounces Cap! Unlike many others on StatueForum, I do read!

rilynil
06-30-2007, 03:14 AM
Bah! Doom rules all! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

cap70
06-30-2007, 03:16 AM
Uuuh, I don't even think Cap is the best of the PF's. Clearly, Doom is so exquisitely sculpted down to the finest details on the chair, pedestal and cup that it is uncanny! Doom looks like one of the great sculptors (like Bernini) sculpted it himself. There is no contest to me!

Nobody is saying Doom is not an awesome piece. I DO have it and it's AWESOME. ALWAYS said that, since I first got it. I have ALL the pieces in question(or had at some point) and to me Cap is the best EX value out there, by FAR. You basicaly are getting 2 statues for the price of one. That's what I'm talking about. No other PF piece offers that many options, hence the best value. Cap is in my top 3 favorite PF pieces, together with Doom and Hulk.

loricstone
06-30-2007, 03:44 AM
Cap I will admit, you do get two different heads and two different shields along with the choice of the helmet or ultron head on the base, but see, I absolutely think the old version of cap (ugly designed shield and head covering) is rancid, and is a waist of product to me!

I know that old Cap outfit and shield design is not Sideshow's Fault (it's Marvel's for designing that crap), but it still doesn't excuse it from being worthless!

Ok, from an aesthetics standpoint, what do you think is more impressive, the Shield, head covering and war helmet on the base or the amazingly crafted chalice and the pedestal on which it stands? Yeah, you get more items in the Cap EX, but you clearly get a masterpiece of sculpting and finer details on the Doom EX.

I'll always take aesthetics, over more options of gear (that is unappealing to me) any day of the year on a statue!

cap70
06-30-2007, 03:53 AM
Cap I will admit, you do get two different heads and two different shields along with the choice of the helmet or ultron head on the base, but see, I absolutely think the old version of cap (ugly designed shield and head covering) is rancid, and is a waist of product to me!

I know that old Cap outfit and shield design is not Sideshow's Fault (it's Marvel's for designing that crap), but it still doesn't excuse it from being worthless!

Ok, from an aesthetics standpoint, what do you think is more impressive, the Shield, head covering and war helmet on the base or the amazingly crafted chalice and the pedestal on which it stands? Yeah, you get more items in the Cap EX, but you clearly get a masterpiece of sculpting and finer details on the Doom EX.

I'll always take aesthetics, over more options of gear (that is unappealing to me) any day of the year on a statue!

Lori, that's your opinion, to each it's own. I LOVE the old outfit, so for me and many others here, Cap it's a well worth EX. I love beeing able to display Cap in different ways, both ways VERY astheticaly apealing to me. If you are not found of the old outfit, then there's nothing we can do for you. Point is, it's the most versatile EX of them all, you like it or not

I also think that Cap, sculpting wise, it's just as good as Doom. Both are the best representations of the characters in statue form. Both are masterpieces to me.

Doom EX is already a masterpiece without the calice. The calice compliments it well, though. Both statues are keepers and will stay in my collection.

Anespian asked me if I found that the Cap EX was worth getting, and my answer was, and still is, a BIG YES.

Just_joseph
06-30-2007, 07:41 AM

I shipping price I believe varies. I wouldn't know since I haven't seen anyone's invoice but since I live in Manhattan, NY .... I got hit with $70.00+ for FEDEX shipping. I'm sure that people paid less since they live in the midwest or even better ... "west coast". Anyhow, that's nothing to complain about. I haven't even opened all of mine yet. All I seen was the outside box and I must say that .... the box is heavy at (apprx 27 pounds) and most likely will shoot some pics this weekend. GLAD TO HAVE THEM.
CAP RULES !!!

zoid2323
06-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Lori, that's your opinion, to each it's own. I LOVE the old outfit, so for me and many others here, Cap it's a well worth EX. I love beeing able to display Cap in different ways, both ways VERY astheticaly apealing to me. If you are not found of the old outfit, then there's nothing we can do for you. Point is, it's the most versatile EX of them all, you like it or not.

I gotta agree W/Cap70,I thought the General Grievous' cape was the best SS EX but this Cap blows that EX out of the water.This has the ability to become a different figure to me thats AWSOME!:buttrock:

I may be wrong but it seems to me there are some Doom people that may have paid a lot of dough for that EX that dont like hearing this Captain America is the best EX so far talk.Peronally I passed on Doom when it was released.It was very cool looking but I just didn't like the character & never regretted it well maybe I regret it $$ wise :banghead: but I could care less about that cup Excusive JMO.

Wooktroop
06-30-2007, 09:02 AM
for me the fact that the exclusive is not solid and comes in pieces actualy is a negative and for me at least and detracts from its value. id choose the regular version every time

rilynil
06-30-2007, 09:14 AM
I gotta agree W/Cap70,I thought the General Grievous' cape was the best SS EX but this Cap blows that EX out of the water.This has the ability to become a different figure to me thats AWSOME!:buttrock:

I may be wrong but it seems to me there are some Doom people that may have paid a lot of dough for that EX that dont like hearing this Captain America is the best EX so far talk.Peronally I passed on Doom when it was released.It was very cool looking but I just didn't like the character & never regretted it well maybe I regret it $$ wise :banghead: but I could care less about that cup Excusive JMO.
I respect your point, but I prefer the Doom to Cap with or without the chalice. I knew I had to have the Doom the first time I saw it (especially the exclusive) and I paid about $575 for it last summer. It was the second statue I ever bought.

Cap, on the other hand, is a very fine statue, too, but I have never seriously considered buying it. The Cap piece just doesn't come close to producing the same level of excitement in me as the Doom piece. I could give some specific reasons, but the bottom line is that it's just a matter of preference. To me, there's an air of grandeur about the Doom exclusive that is lacking in either version of the Cap. Again, that's just my opinion.

:)

punisher129
06-30-2007, 09:49 AM
i have the cap ex and it KICKS ASS !!. a true work of art.

---PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE--

Anespian
06-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Lori, that's your opinion, to each it's own. I LOVE the old outfit, so for me and many others here, Cap it's a well worth EX. I love beeing able to display Cap in different ways, both ways VERY astheticaly apealing to me. If you are not found of the old outfit, then there's nothing we can do for you. Point is, it's the most versatile EX of them all, you like it or not

I also think that Cap, sculpting wise, it's just as good as Doom. Both are the best representations of the characters in statue form. Both are masterpieces to me.

Doom EX is already a masterpiece without the calice. The calice compliments it well, though. Both statues are keepers and will stay in my collection.

Anespian asked me if I found that the Cap EX was worth getting, and my answer was, and still is, a BIG YES.

Thanks for the thoughts guys. After much consideration, I've decided to cancel my EX order :banghead: and will get a regular from LCS for much lesser price (without shipping). The Fedex shipping is just a killer to ship half the world's distance. Plus, I doubt i will be switching its many appearance often. Besides, I am going another good deed to another fellow collector on the waiting list. Just don't remind me how regretful i'll be....:bawling:

ComputerFly
06-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Cap's exclusive is pretty cool, for sure. Better than Doom's? I don't know. I could easily live without the Golden Age accessories, but I wouldn't want to live without the Pimp Cup. Those of you that doubt that Cap isn't on par with Doom, are quite mistaken. While Doom has captured the PERFECT dark, brooding, evil persona, Cap has done just the opposite, and is absolutely the PERFECT iconic, heroic persona, that one expects. Until you have Cap sitting in front of you, you just don't realize how perfect it is. Even though I like the Hulk character more, the Cap PF is actually as good as, or better than, the Hulk PF.

My goal here would be that SS complete the Avengers before they branch into other characters. At least do Thor next. I think he could be the only character to de-throne the throned one..

My .02

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Marvel/SS%20PFs/Capfront.jpg

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=51469 for more pics

giro
06-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Cap's exclusive is pretty cool, for sure. Better than Doom's? I don't know. I could easily live without the Golden Age accessories, but I wouldn't want to live without the Pimp Cup. Those of you that doubt that Cap isn't on par with Doom, are quite mistaken. While Doom has captured the PERFECT dark, brooding, evil persona, Cap has done just the opposite, and is absolutely the PERFECT iconic, heroic persona, that one expects. Until you have Cap sitting in front of you, you just don't realize how perfect it is. Even though I like the Hulk character more, the Cap PF is actually as good as, or better than, the Hulk PF.

My goal here would be that SS complete the Avengers before they branch into other characters. At least do Thor next. I think he could be the only character to de-throne the throned one..

My .02

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Marvel/SS%20PFs/Capfront.jpg

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=51469 for more pics

GREAT PICTURE , BUT IN PERSON THIS MUST LOOKS INSANE I'LL KNOW TUES WHEN MINE COMES IN #80 OF 875

bruceb
06-30-2007, 01:58 PM
..gotta agree with the masses...cap is for sure the best exclusive out there...way better than doom...

loricstone
06-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the thoughts guys. After much consideration, I've decided to cancel my EX order :banghead: and will get a regular from LCS for much lesser price (without shipping). The Fedex shipping is just a killer to ship half the world's distance. Plus, I doubt i will be switching its many appearance often. Besides, I am going another good deed to another fellow collector on the waiting list. Just don't remind me how regretful i'll be....:bawling:

I am pretty positive you will not regret your decision! Yes, Exclusives are great in theory, but let's be realistic, just how often will you be going into the hard to pull out Captain America box to interchange some pieces that just don't look as good as the modern version of cap.

Think about this people, the modern Captain America was unchanged for a very long time. Why? Because he is most iconic in this uniform and it is how most people will remember him.

I would gather that most who own the Cap (me included) will agree that the Ultron head on the base is much more detailed than the war helmet, and it is much more relative to Cap as an Avenger (so I don't see the helmet as being relevant to me). The Ex shield just doesn't say Captain America to me, so why display it? We all know that when you start changing parts to statues (going in and out of boxes) problems like chips, scratches, and other mishaps are more likely to occur.

Listen, I bought the Ex. Wolverine, and till this day, I have yet to change his costumed head to his non costumed one! It is a pain in the arse!

Lastly, why pay more for something you may not ever use? Stick with the regular (that's the true Captain America way).

bruceb
06-30-2007, 02:28 PM
...people this thread is not about which one is the best exclusive..it's about which one is the best bang for the buck...and in that case cap wins..is the best bang for the buck by far...period...

bruceb
06-30-2007, 02:31 PM
I am pretty positive you will not regret your decision! Yes, Exclusives are great in theory, but let's be realistic, just how often will you be going into the hard to pull out Captain America box to interchange some pieces that just don't look as good as the modern version of cap.

Think about this people, the modern Captain America was unchanged for a very long time. Why? Because he is most iconic in this uniform and it is how most people will remember him.

I would gather that most who own the Cap (me included) will agree that the Ultron head on the base is much more detailed than the war helmet, and it is much more relative to Cap as an Avenger (so I don't see the helmet as being relevant to me). The Ex shield just doesn't say Captain America to me, so why display it? We all know that when you start changing parts to statues (going in and out of boxes) problems like chips, scratches, and other mishaps are more likely to occur.

Listen, I bought the Ex. Wolverine, and till this day, I have yet to change his costumed head to his non costumed one! It is a pain in the arse!

Lastly, why pay more for something you may not ever use? Stick with the regular (that's the true Captain America way).

....i disagree..im getting the exclusive and will dsiplay both versions....just like i display my wolverine comiquette and do change the head a lot...
...in fact.....i much prefer the war helmet than ultrons head.....

loricstone
06-30-2007, 03:06 PM
...people this thread is not about which one is the best exclusive..it's about which one is the best bang for the buck...and in that case cap wins..is the best bang for the buck by far...period...

I know, Doom, General Greivous, Darth Maul, Darth Vader, all are a better bang for the buck! At least I never have to worry about possibly harming the parts trying to take them out of the box!

bruceb
06-30-2007, 03:09 PM
I know, Doom, General Greivous, Darth Maul, Darth Vader, all are a better bang for the buck! At least I never have to worry about possibly harming the parts trying to take them out of the box!

...no they are not...

loricstone
06-30-2007, 03:13 PM
...no they are not...

We sound like little kids........:laugh: Well, I know you read my thread on why exclusives are a waste of time! So you know my position on why I prefer those instead of Cap and Wolverine! That's just my preference on what an exclusive should be.

bruceb
06-30-2007, 03:14 PM
We sound like little kids........:laugh: Well, I know you read my thread on why exclusives are a waste of time! So you know my position on why I prefer those instead of Cap and Wolverine! That's just my preference on what an exclusive should be.

...of course it's just your preference.....we have different opinions...thank god...

loricstone
06-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Captain America EX.=

.....infinite easy pass.........

bruceb
06-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Captain America EX.=

....how old are you?....:peoples:

Alex655321
06-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Captain America EX.=

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/alex655321_2006/Joke%20Pictures/justcantbe.gif

snappahead
06-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Cap Exc.= must have times infinite plus 1. LOL. I really don't get this crazy obsession of yours to dislike this exclusive, Loric.

devlinboy
06-30-2007, 04:44 PM
make more and cheaper regular versions and i would gladly not buy exclusives. i buy the ex in case i need to flip it later on. i usually use the profits to buy a reg version and put some money in the bank or whatever.

Viking28
06-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Yea I got to agree the Cap Exclusive is the best bang for the buck. Have both, Doom is an AWESOME statue the best version of him made to date. BUT the Captain statue just has an iconic/noble look to him. And I'm displaying mine with the classic shield and head so yea the Exclusive is worth it.

loricstone
06-30-2007, 05:43 PM
Uuugghh, what's wrong with all of you?!:confused: How the heck can you like that ugly designed WWII costume! :puke2: The shield is blagh! Sheesh! When one of you break your statue changing parts to display, the words I told you so will never be any clearer!

I'm 33 by the way! Now bruce, if you're like 50+, then I can understand you liking the older era CaP. Never was impressed with the EXC. The regular DOOM by itself is a better bang for the buck than the regular or exclusive Cap. I doubt you will ever see more detailed and exquisite detailing on a statue like on DOOM

Alex655321
06-30-2007, 05:45 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/alex655321_2006/Joke%20Pictures/party0051.gif

comicfan
06-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Uuugghh, what's wrong with all of you?!:confused: How the heck can you like that ugly designed WWII costume! :puke2: The shield is blagh! Sheesh! When one of you break your statue changing parts to display, the words I told you so will never be any clearer!

it's called opinion the last time i checked. :rolleyes: i also hate hard hero statues. it's also called opinion. you criticizing what ppl like or should like shows that you don't give a crap about what others think. :thumbsdow

zoid2323
06-30-2007, 05:59 PM

I'm 33 by the way! Now bruce, if you're like 50+, then I can understand you liking the older era CaP. Never was impressed with the EXC. The regular DOOM by itself is a better bang for the buck than the regular or exclusive Cap. I doubt you will ever see more detailed and exquisite detailing on a statue like on DOOM

loricstone youv'e obviously drank all the Dr DOOM hype Kool Ade.So I say lets let the dust settle and wait a year or so and see which holds up-right now Doom is king lets see if it stays that way.

devlinboy
06-30-2007, 06:06 PM
i think doom may always be king. that is one hyper detailed and perfectly conceived sculpt. it s the one that got me into collecting and i dont even own it cause like a fool i cancelled it thinking i would get it cheaper down the road. doom brain fart

comicfan
06-30-2007, 06:09 PM
we should stay on topic. this is not a vs thread. is about cap ex beeing the best bang for the buck or not. he sure is.

loricstone
06-30-2007, 06:38 PM
it's called opinion the last time i checked. :rolleyes: i also hate hard hero statues. it's also called opinion. you criticizing what ppl like or should like shows that you don't give a crap about what others think. :thumbsdow

Now now comic fan, don't blow a gasket! Don't feel so good when you down others people's likes, eh? Like me and others that like HH?

comicfan
06-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Now now comic fan, don't blow a gasket! Don't feel so good when you down others people's likes, eh? Like me and others that like HH?

feels good, huh? tasting your own crap never feels good. so next time you criticize somebodys else opinion, think twice. posting puke icons makes you no good either.

loricstone
06-30-2007, 06:51 PM
feels good, huh? tasting your own crap never feels good. so next time you criticize somebodys else opinion, think twice. posting puke icons makes you no good either.

Yeah it does! At least my crap lets me know how my body's doing! BTW, I just stated why I don't like the EX. Cap. I never discredited anyone else's opinion on why they like it (even though I don't understand why). My opinion is that I don't like the old costume! Did I say to you, you know Comicfan you suck cause you like the older costume? No! Don't put words in my mouth just because I think Doom Ex. is better than the Cap Ex.

comicfan
06-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Yeah it does! At least my crap lets me know how my body's doing! BTW, I just stated why I don't like the EX. Cap. I never discredited anyone else's opinion on why they like it (even though I don't understand why). My opinion is that I don't like the old costume! Did I say to you, you know Comicfan you suck cause you like the older costume? No! Don't put words in my mouth just because I think Doom Ex. is better than the Cap Ex.

im not busting you cause you like doom better than cap, i like doom better too!
I'm arguying with you cause you keep questioning other ppl opinions. let it go man! we heard you the first time! using puke icons to describe what others think makes you looking like a total ass! can't you see that?
glad i'm not the only one here that feels that way. just look at the thread and take a close look at everyone's answers to you. learn to speak and to respect others bro.:thumbsdow

titan7170
06-30-2007, 08:51 PM

The title says "Best bang for the buck.....There isnt another statue outthere that gives you as many options........As for the bowen its just another set of arms......cap got 2 heads 2 sheilds and the helmet and ultron head........how is a couple arms better than that??

Ridimous
06-30-2007, 08:57 PM
I think Cap Ex is really nice for the price. Can't beat the deal. Way way worth it. I put Cap Ex in the top 3. I think all were in the same price range also.

toe
06-30-2007, 09:00 PM
to be honest, I think the Doom Excl. is a must to complement Doom's overall presence. Without the pedestal and cup, he looks like he is staring at an empty space. Yes, you can put something else instead of the pedestal and cup, but it is just not the same.

I also agree that the Cap. Excl. is also great in the perspective of having 2 statues for a price of one.

But, I will have to go with the X-men vs. Sentinel Excl. You just cannot beat the light up feature. This my friends, if the Excl. best bang for a buck :thumbs2:

titan7170
06-30-2007, 09:23 PM
to be honest, I think the Doom Excl. is a must to complement Doom's overall presence. Without the pedestal and cup, he looks like he is staring at an empty space. Yes, you can put something else instead of the pedestal and cup, but it is just not the same.

I also agree that the Cap. Excl. is also great in the perspective of having 2 statues for a price of one.

But, I will have to go with the X-men vs. Sentinel Excl. You just cannot beat the light up feature. This my friends, if the Excl. best bang for a buck :thumbs2:

Hmm this is more for the PF statues but the light up feature on the Xmen vs Sentinels is nice..........to me it still isnt best bang for the buck.....its either on or off........if its your preference you can mix and match pieces to your likeing on cap.

Anyway this is not the direction I wanted this thread to go.......If you dont have it I dont think you can really appreciate it............Its like saying you dont like a certain kind of food before you taste it :peoples:

devlinboy
06-30-2007, 09:43 PM
the best bang for the buck ive ever gotten was when i was in vegas and i.....ummm. i mean having just opened my cap ex pf i gotta say ....captain america is the shiznit

kaza5555
06-30-2007, 09:56 PM
I originally ordered just the exclusive, but decided to get the regular version just a day before it sold out at SS. I used my reward points and paid $170 shipped for it.

Bowen or Bust
06-30-2007, 10:04 PM

So Doom is supposed to be staring at his cup? Is he afraid someone is going to swipe it.
I have the excl. and I don't even display it with the pedestal and cup,I like to see the whole throne.(I know I'm weird lol)
The Cap excl is for sure the best bang for the buck whether you like the WWII costume or not.

loricstone
07-01-2007, 12:53 AM
So Doom is supposed to be staring at his cup? Is he afraid someone is going to swipe it.
I have the excl. and I don't even display it with the pedestal and cup,I like to see the whole throne.(I know I'm weird lol)
The Cap excl is for sure the best bang for the buck whether you like the WWII costume or not.

This is why I don't understand this exclusive CAP. How is it the best bang for the buck, if one doesn't like the WWII costume?

Now if you like it, more power to you. But if you don't, I just can't see the justification for paying more money for the Exclusive (unless it is to flip). Why get something when you don't like it? For more money might I add. :confused:

bruceb
07-01-2007, 01:54 AM

..i concur..... no one is debating which exclusive is cooler......or which statue looks the best ... that's personal taste....
....but titan1970 asked if cap was the best bang for the buck...repeating...bang for the buck...
....translating....he asked if cap would give you the most for the money you paid...so the asnwer is yes...since no other statue gives you more options for the price you pay......

bruceb
07-01-2007, 01:57 AM
This is why I don't understand this exclusive CAP. How is it the best bang for the buck, if one doesn't like the WWII costume?

...let me pull out the crayons for you...is not about what you loricstone like it or not.....or what i like......it's general speaking.....it's what gives you more for the price...can you understand that?.....cap comes with two heads.....two shields...and two heads to put on the base...so it gives the buyer basically two statues for the price of one.....and that makes this statue the best bang for the buck....

boondocksaint
07-01-2007, 02:02 AM
...let me pull out the crayons for you...is not about what you loricstone like it or not.....it's general speaking.....it's what gives you more for the price...can you understand that?.....cap comes with two heads..two shields...and two heads to put on the base...so it gives the buyer basically two statues for the price of one.....and that makes this statue the best bang for the buck....

lol...dont ya hate when they just dont get it! :banghead:

Alex655321
07-01-2007, 07:06 AM
...let me pull out the crayons for you...is not about what you loricstone like it or not.....or what i like......it's general speaking.....it's what gives you more for the price...can you understand that?.....cap comes with two heads.....two shields...and two heads to put on the base...so it gives the buyer basically two statues for the price of one.....and that makes this statue the best bang for the buck....

:laugh: It's gotta be crystal clear now!

Just_joseph
07-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Guess I'm late with my comments but I just opened up the Captain America exclusives that I received over the weekend. Not for anything but this PF statues is really AWESOME. From the costume to all the extras. If you don't have it .... "your" really out of luck because SIDESHOW really outdid themselves. It was a bit pricey but one is actually receiving a lot for their buck. I really like this piece and keeping one for my collection.

Collection King 13
07-02-2007, 10:17 AM

:laugh:

darthmatrix
07-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Caps the bets EX for the price IMO without a doubt.Love this peice....dare I say move over Doom there's a new PF king....

GangstaRoranous
07-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Even though mine was damaged I have to say this is one hell of a piece. I really love the exclusive and it is like getting two statue for the price of one.

The golden age at first didn't really appeal to me but I think I will display mine that way for a while...once I get a replacement. :laugh:

loricstone
07-02-2007, 02:51 PM

It was never about me, Bruce. Now I did add my two cents about why I do not like exclusives in general, but I was strictly going off the comment that he doubted that he would even display the Cap with the WWII gear!

So, I retort, how is it the best bang for the buck, if you are not going to use it! Come on.....this is ABC stuff. It is called, waist of extra money! It apppeared even with 80% of you all thinking it is the best bang for the buck, he decided it was not (provided he still stuck to the decision to spend less money and get the regular CAP). So, obviously, he weighed the decisions, and determined it just wasn't worth the extra money to get the exclusive, when he in all likelihood never intends to display the extra stuff.

So I repeat, to him, to me, and to the very few others, how is it the best bang for the buck? I'm not talking about personal tastes now!

Ultimately, most of you think it is the best bang for the buck (god I so hate this term) because you like it and feel the extra options give you happiness and selection. And how the hell you feel you get two statues for the price of one is baffling. They damn near are identical in apperance except for the different shield, head covering and helmet on the base. TWO STATUES?????

I'm glad everyone is happy with their Ex. Cap. But there are obviously quite a few peeps that just bought the regular Cap because they felt that was the best bang for their buck, not yours!

bruceb
07-02-2007, 02:55 PM
lol...dont ya hate when they just dont get it! :banghead:

....hehehehe...amazing isn't it?...somebody please take from here...i'm tired....

bruceb
07-02-2007, 02:56 PM
It was never about me, Bruce. Now I did add my two cents about why I do not like exclusives in general, but I was strictly going off the comment that he doubted that he would even display the Cap with the WWII gear!

So, I retort, how is it the best bang for the buck, if you are not going to use it! Come on.....this is ABC stuff. It is called, waist of extra money! It apppeared even with 80% of you all thinking it is the best bang for the buck, he decided it was not (provided he still stuck to the decision to spend less money and get the regular CAP). So, obviously, he weighed the decisions, and determined it just wasn't worth the extra money to get the exclusive, when he in all likelihood never intends to display the extra stuff.

So I repeat, to him, to me, and to the very few others, how is it the best bang for the buck? I'm not talking about personal tastes now!

Ultimately, most of you think it is the best bang for the buck (god I so hate this term) because you like it and feel the extra options give you happiness and selection. And how the hell you feel you get two statues for the price of one is baffling. They damn near are identical in apperance except for the different shield, head covering and helmet on the base. TWO STATUES?????

I'm glad everyone is happy with their Ex. Cap. But there are obviously quite a few peeps that just bought the regular Cap because they felt that was the best bang for their buck, not yours!

...tell me you are only pretending you ain't getting it....please....:laugh:....have a good day loricstone...

Alex655321
07-02-2007, 03:02 PM
On ebay I will most certainly get, "the most bang for my buck" with the exclusive as opposed to the regular:buttrock:

rilynil
07-02-2007, 03:04 PM
If the exclusive is like getting two statues, try displaying them together. :)

;)

bruceb
07-02-2007, 03:09 PM
If the exclusive is like getting two statues, try displaying them together. :)

;)

...sure it's not like getting two statues...that was a way of expression... but then everyone knows that....point is...captain america it's the most versatile statue out there...
....what other statue gives you that many display options?...

rilynil
07-02-2007, 03:15 PM
...sure it's not like getting two statues...that was a way of expression... but then everyone knows that....point is...captain america it's the most versatile statue out there...
....what other statue gives you that many display options?...

I was just jokin'. :) I agree that the Cap exclusive gives the most display options. That's very cool. :thumbs2: But I also see loricstone's point that if you don't like the extra options, it's not more bang for the buck in his eyes.

Peace, fellas! :thumbs2:

bruceb
07-02-2007, 03:21 PM
I was just jokin'. :) I agree that the Cap exclusive gives the most display options. That's very cool. :thumbs2: But I also see loricstone's point that if you don't like the extra options, it's not more bang for the buck in his eyes.

..i concur riyinil...but we are general speaking....not about loricstone tastes...but in general....that's what he doesn't get it....sure if he don't like the uniform.....then there's nothing he can do......
.....but everything beeing equal...if you compare what every premium format statue out there offers...then cap is the best bang for the buck...that's the point....forget personal tastes...and concentrate in the offerings....

rilynil
07-02-2007, 03:27 PM
..i concur riyinil...but we are general speaking....not about loricstone tastes...but in general....that's what he doesn't get it....sure if he don't like the uniform.....then there's nothing he can do......
.....but everything beeing equal...if you compare what every premium format statue out there offers...then cap is the best bang for the buck...that's the point....forget personal tastes...and concentrate in the offerings....
:thumbs2: Yep, the Cap exclusive offers more options than any other SS PF. There's no question about that. :)

loricstone
07-02-2007, 06:49 PM

Thanks, Rilynil, that's all I was trying to get everyone to understand. I even stated in my original thread that Exclusives in theory offer more than the regular. I CLEARLY STATED THAT! So, granted Bruce, let's say SS makes a PF Thor ex. with the ability to attach his Asgardian Armor or not, of course the Ex. will have more bang for the buck because 1) I like the armor and 2) I would have the option of what I wanted to display instead of the regular PF that only comes one way!

I'm not a dummy! I understand what everyone was trying to say, but I only think a FEW really understood what I was talking about! I was speaking in plain old English too! One last time, for those that do not like the WWII garb and shield, it WOULD NOT BE THE BEST BANG FOR THEIR BUCK! That's the bottom line.

Hellboy
07-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Get it, trust me, and trust the people here that are impressed as well. And get it now while you still can get it for a decent price. It's AWESOME.

Completely agree with cap. You won't be disappointed, its simply amazing.

moon_knight1971
07-03-2007, 01:27 AM
Finally opened the box to see what all the hubub was about. My 1st PF and he's a keeper. Like it even with the cloth attire. Just to be sure, the regular edition comes only with Cap, the base with Ultron's head and his round shield right? The EX has a triangular shield and a different head on the base right?

loricstone
07-03-2007, 02:14 AM
Finally opened the box to see what all the hubub was about. My 1st PF and he's a keeper. Like it even with the cloth attire. Just to be sure, the regular edition comes only with Cap, the base with Ultron's head and his round shield right? The EX has a triangular shield and a different head on the base right?

Yes, and also a different head for Captain as well. Did you just get the regular Cap, or the Ex.?

darthrobbler
07-03-2007, 02:19 AM
This is a great piece. D@mn it rocks.

comicfan
07-03-2007, 02:25 AM

correct! cap is the best bang for your buck, no doubt! :buttrock:
my exclusive is arriving tomorrow, can't wait for the best bang for the buck statue out there! :buttrock:

zoid2323
07-03-2007, 08:20 AM
correct! cap is the best bang for your buck, no doubt! :buttrock:
my exclusive is arriving tomorrow, can't wait for the best bang for the buck statue out there! :buttrock:

Your gonna love it.:thumbs2:

giro
07-03-2007, 08:38 AM
mine is coming today a little nervous

Alex655321
07-03-2007, 09:05 AM
mine is coming today a little nervous

I was too!
Thankfully all was perfect.
Good luck Giro:thumbs2:

zoid2323
07-03-2007, 03:16 PM
I dont know how someone couldn't see this is an awsome Exclusive.I mean Sideshow could have done what they usually do and maybe just have the WWII helmet be the exclusive,which would have fine.But it seems to me they went over & beyond with the original uniform shield and helmet to boot!:buttrock: