PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got a stain on the cloth on the PF CAP?

kingdomhearts
06-29-2007, 12:29 AM
Anybody got a stain or faded color on the cloth on the PF CAP?

Tony D, you dont have to response. I already know your PF CAP have stains on the cloth LOL

The one I got have 1 small spot of faded color on the red stripe, not sure if I should return it or not

Stef Jelos
06-29-2007, 12:32 AM
Yeah, on the center red stripe. I posted a photo in the mega photo cap thread.

kingdomhearts
06-29-2007, 12:34 AM
Yeah, on the center red stripe. I posted a photo in the mega photo cap thread.

do you plan to return it?

Vince-Vell
06-29-2007, 12:36 AM
Tony D, you dont have to response. I already know you have stains on the cloth LOL=

Ok thats just sick man.......:stick:

Wonder if this Cap is going to be a statue from hell with the problems.

High Lord Apocalypse
06-29-2007, 12:39 AM

Tony D, you dont have to response. I already know you have stains on the cloth LOL

The one I got have 1 small spot of faded color on the red stripe, not sure if I should return it or not
hey i think people might get the wrong message

Ok thats just sick man.......:stick:

Wonder if this Cap is going to be a statue from hell with the problems.
just when i thought people might get the wrong idea too, you chime in. i knew youre gonna bust my balls on this one.

kingdomhearts
06-29-2007, 12:45 AM

just when i thought people might get the wrong idea too, you chime in. i knew youre gonna bust my balls on this one.

I corrected and that sounded better lol

kingdomhearts
06-29-2007, 12:49 AM
My stain spot on the PF cap is right above the belt and it is very noticeable. The whitish spot is the red stripe.

Dammit! I am going to return it. That whitish spot is bothering me

BOWEN NUT
06-29-2007, 01:00 AM
On every picture I've seen of the Cap PF from Forum members the red stripes look a little faded. They are faded on my PF that arrived today. That's my only grip about this piece. I wish Sideshow had used a darker red or thicker fabric for the stripe area.

Other than that, I LOVE mine. He looks fantastic next to the Hulk.

geto10
06-29-2007, 04:31 AM
How did you get your stains all the way from your bed to you CAP? :confused2 :stick:

toe
06-29-2007, 05:51 AM
Who wouldn't want stains on Cap? :buttrock:

Trilogy
06-29-2007, 06:39 AM
How did you get your stains all the way from your bed to you CAP? :confused2 :stick:

Nasty. :stick: :)

Natrix
06-29-2007, 09:20 AM
My second one has an issue with the red center stripe as well. The fabric must have rubbed in the package during shipping. The red is faded and the fabric is not smooth like the rest of it on the raised ab muscles. I can put up a picture tonight.

cap70
06-29-2007, 09:52 AM
My Cap came PERFECT! Something is wrong, It can't be perfect! I need to find a flaw. :)

Collection King 13
06-29-2007, 09:59 AM
Tony D, you dont have to response. I already know your PF CAP have stains on the cloth LOL

WOW!!! :D You must have been really excited to see him! :D

:laugh:

I joke, I joke, I keed, I keed....:D

Vince-Vell
06-29-2007, 10:12 AM

Well now we know how the stain got there.........:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

cap70
06-29-2007, 10:27 AM
WOW!!! :D You must have been really excited to see him! :D

Now we know what the QC team is doing in China! No wonder we are having many QC issues.

siren3-4
06-29-2007, 10:37 AM
http://www.valiantfans.com/images/stu/PoopOn.jpg

Collection King 13
06-29-2007, 10:42 AM
http://www.valiantfans.com/images/stu/PoopOn.jpg

Stef Jelos
06-29-2007, 11:22 AM
It's not a rub mark on my Cap. It's a stain. I'm returning. It's totally noticeable.

kingdomhearts
06-29-2007, 11:30 AM
WOW!!! You must have been really excited to see him! :D
I joke, I joke, I keed, I keed....

LOL that is a good one :laugh: :stick:

We all should use ultraviolet light on the PF Cap. LOL

BigLeagueChu
06-29-2007, 11:57 AM
I just opened mine up. Does anyone else's round shield rest on Cap's leg? I saw another pic where it does not do this.

BigLeagueChu
06-29-2007, 11:58 AM
I just opened mine up. Does anyone else's round shield rest on Cap's leg? I saw another pic where it does not do this.

cap70
06-29-2007, 12:00 PM

Mine stays close to the leg, but doesn't touch, if that's what you want to know.

BigLeagueChu
06-29-2007, 12:04 PM
Mine stays close to the leg, but doesn't touch, if that's what you want to know.

Yeah mine definitely touches. I think the fit is loose, making the shield slide down a bit. His leg is what may keep it from falling off completely.

Collection King 13
06-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Yeah mine definitely touches. I think the fit is loose, making the shield slide down a bit. His leg is what may keep it from falling off completely.

You have to pull back the sleve on the arm so the magnets connect properly... if not it will stay loose and have a chance of falling.

Natrix
06-29-2007, 01:07 PM
You have to pull back the sleve on the arm so the magnets connect properly... if not it will stay loose and have a chance of falling.

Bingo!

BigLeagueChu
06-29-2007, 01:19 PM

I tried that, but it's still loose and rests against the leg :confused:

GangstaRoranous
06-29-2007, 01:24 PM

Be careful when asking for a return. You never know what you might get back. :laugh:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f371/malulinx/damagedcap.jpg

...seriously.

Collection King 13
06-29-2007, 01:25 PM
I tried that, but it's still loose and rests against the leg :confused:

you have to pull it completely out of the hole...

GangstaRoranous
06-29-2007, 01:27 PM

That's what she said. :)

BigLeagueChu
06-29-2007, 01:34 PM

Trust me, I pulled the sleeve back completely, and a good amount more up his arm. I can feel the magnets engage, but when I let go, it slips and the shield hits the leg.

BigLeagueChu
06-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Be careful when asking for a return. You never know what you might get back. :laugh:

Rory, that's not even funny man! :bawling: Seriously, if SS can send me a new arm/shield, I'll go for that. But if they want me to send the whole thing back, I'll keep it.

Collection King 13
06-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Trust me, I pulled the sleeve back completely, and a good amount more up his arm. I can feel the magnets engage, but when I let go, it slips and the shield hits the leg.

Thats weird... Mine locked in... Exchange it...

stinkowhiff
06-29-2007, 01:38 PM
I had some stains on the blue fabric on Cap's legs. I've already initiated a return. Almost looks like someone was picking it up with greasy fingers. Strange.

Collection King 13
06-29-2007, 01:38 PM
Rory, that's not even funny man! :bawling: Seriously, if SS can send me a new arm/shield, I'll go for that. But if they want me to send the whole thing back, I'll keep it.

Did you try both arms to make sure what the problem is? also look inside the arm with the magnet and make sure it doesnt have glue or paint on it or something..

GangstaRoranous
06-29-2007, 01:46 PM

Sorry man, unfortunately it's the truth. Any return is risky with Sideshow just because of their QC. I return or exchange more than I keep....I don't like those odds. :thumbsdow

CK makes a good point. It isn't the arm magnet if the other arm does the same thing. Try it and let us know. :)

BigLeagueChu
06-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Did you try both arms to make sure what the problem is? also look inside the arm with the magnet and make sure it doesnt have glue or paint on it or something..

The other arm does work fine. When that one fits in, it is real snug and like you said, locks in. The round shield arm, when it goes in and magnets touch, will wobble in place, and when I let go, it falls. There's definitely a difference in fit. I looked on the inside the the body arm, and everything is clean. Then I tried looking at the two shield arms. The only thing I can tell is MAYBE the red connector holding the magnet (on the round shield arm) is somewhat smaller.

BigLeagueChu
06-29-2007, 02:00 PM
Sorry man, unfortunately it's the truth. Any return is risky with Sideshow just because of their QC. I return or exchange more than I keep....I don't like those odds. :thumbsdow

I know it's risky, hopefully they can send me just an arm. We'll see.

heykool69
06-29-2007, 02:12 PM

Find someone nearby with another Capt to try out the round shield, or try your shield on another Capt. If same problem persist, ask SS for another shield.

zoid2323
06-29-2007, 02:43 PM
I have 2 exclusives one of them the shield touched the leg and one didn't.I changed the shields-still touched the leg(still seemed pretty strong just sat a little lower).I think its just how it was manufactured maybe the square hole with the magnet is a little wider?Mine didn't feel like it was going to fall out just didn't sit like the other one did.

titan7170
06-29-2007, 03:30 PM
I just looked at my cap and the red is slightly lighter over parts of his stomach muscles I guess from rubbing in the box?

kingdomhearts
06-29-2007, 03:38 PM

I guess you are excited about the Cap also huh? if you know what I mean :laugh:

Bowen-Maniac
06-29-2007, 03:44 PM

She said not to do that but I do it anyway.

BigLeagueChu
06-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Find someone nearby with another Capt to try out the round shield, or try your shield on another Capt. If same problem persist, ask SS for another shield.

I think I'll ask SS. But I will only do anything if I can just get a new shield.

I have 2 exclusives one of them the shield touched the leg and one didn't.I changed the shields-still touched the leg(still seemed pretty strong just sat a little lower).I think its just how it was manufactured maybe the square hole with the magnet is a little wider?Mine didn't feel like it was going to fall out just didn't sit like the other one did.

Yeah I think it is the square hole. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

Thanks to everyone for checking theirs and giving their help :thumbs2:

badhulk
06-29-2007, 05:44 PM
PERFECT HERE

Tetragrammaton
06-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Mine looks alright.

zoid2323
06-29-2007, 07:33 PM
I just looked at my cap and the red is slightly lighter over parts of his stomach muscles I guess from rubbing in the box?

I think his upper torso is white so it must be showing through the red cloth with his abs raised slightly.

Barbarian
06-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Might try a little transparent red acrylic paint to take care o that.

Stef Jelos
06-29-2007, 11:58 PM
Will SS exchange a particular piece? I hate to send the whole thing back. All other pieces are perfect.

kingdomhearts
06-30-2007, 12:02 AM
Will SS exchange a particular piece? I hate to send the whole thing back. All other pieces are perfect.

im sending mine back

Alex655321
06-30-2007, 12:11 AM
Mine looks alright.

Both of mine too.

cma3
06-30-2007, 12:27 AM
All 12 of mine look great as well.