PDA

View Full Version : Why Most Exclusives Are A......

loricstone
06-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Waist of Time!

Ok, granted, Exclusives are really good theoretically! You have the options of changing little things on a statue to mix up the flavor, so to speak! You would seem to get a little more for your money (in theory), and in most cases, an Ex. tend to go for more money (flipping) on ebay! Ok! Those are the POTENTIAL good points!

Yes, we all differ in our tastes, but from my experience with the few exclusive statues I own, they simply are pointless! The main reasons they are pointless is: 1) Extra parts like Captain America EX. and the Wolverine Ex. need (should) be stored in their boxes---the parts in most cases are hard as hell to get out of the box and have a high risk of being damaged; 2) the statue in 99% of all cases look best one way!

This eventually leads me to why I feel statue Exclusives that come in pieces, that have to be assembled to make the statue different (a la Captain America and Wolverine) are not worth it (unless you are flipping)!

However, there are a few Exclusives that do work! Dr. Doom (which is the best exclusive--period!!!!!) is by far the best and most logical Exclusive because the extra parts (chalice and pedestal/column) are always seen and will in all likelihood never be put back into the box! The exclusive in this case enhances the overall statue because it is so brilliantly crafted and fits in best with the presence and decor of DR. DOOM!

General Greivous, Darth Vader, Darth Maul, and even Boba Fett (ughh, what a rip off) are great exclusives because they all have permanent exclusive parts that are always viewable and fit in perfectly with the main statues!

That's an Exclusive to me! If I buy an exclusive I want it to always be present and I want it to be meaningful to the statue. To me, the alternate Cap uniform in the ex. is boring, not well designed (the original Marvel design for the shield and helmet and face covering), and are less iconic to Captain America. I am not discrediting the sculpting of those pieces by Sideshow (they are well crafted-----it's just the original Marvel design sucked). An exclusive should be just that, something permanently vieweable that best fits the statue, that you can't get anywhere else!

bruceb
06-30-2007, 03:03 PM
..i disagree....i love exclusives...can i live without them?...sure i can...but I'm always after options to display my collectibles...so for me yes...bring more exclusives...
....and the best exclusive ever out there is the predator maquette...i bought the regular one a long time ago and god i wish i had the bio helmet....
..i rather prefer exclusives than silly variants like many companys do...now that's silly and a WASTE OF TIME!.......

goingbroke223
06-30-2007, 03:05 PM
i will have to strongly disagree. the capt america exl ww2 version is the best ever done.
you personally may not like it but the capt america meant alot to my father growing up.thats the capt america alot of people know.
i will disagree even stronger by saying this is the best exclusive ever made
come on the busts you get a lousy name plate, doom was a cup .not knocking those sculpts but this is the best exclusive ever.
capt america is an icon nd he was never more iconic than when he was in ww2 battling one of the greatest threats and evil in the world.he kept alot of spirits high and some one to look up to and take them away from the horro of the world during war.
i will surely buy the bowen capt america modern to display. my cap will always display the ww2 version but it is well worht it knowing i got 2 statues for the price of 1

2000man
06-30-2007, 03:08 PM
I understand what you are saying and do agree to a point. Some people feel that if they do not have the option of displaying the statue as both exclusive and non-exclusive when they buy the exclusive, they are being ripped off and have to buy two statues

bruceb
06-30-2007, 03:11 PM
i will have to strongly disagree. the capt america exl ww2 version is the best ever done.
you personally may not like it but the capt america meant alot to my father growing up.thats the capt america alot of people know.
come on the busts you get a lousy name plate, doom was a cup .not knocking those sculpts but this is the best exclusive ever.
capt america is an icon nd he was never more iconic than when he was in ww2 battling one of the greatest threats and evil in the world.he kept alot of spirits high and some one to look up to and take them away from the horro of the world during war.
i will surely buy the bowen capt america modern to display. my cap will always display the ww2 version but it is well worht it knowing i got 2 statues for the price of 1

...well said....and i concur...:thumbs2:

devlinboy
06-30-2007, 03:11 PM
make the exclusives super limited and make the regulars easier and cheaper to get. thats all i want.

Alex655321
06-30-2007, 03:12 PM

I agree:thumbs2:

loricstone
06-30-2007, 03:21 PM

Captain America is Captain America no matter which uniform he had on. My point is, the older uniform and shield are ugly compared to the modern version. So why display that! It's worthless! You can still get the same goosebumps knowing the history of Cap in his modern better looking garb.

bruceb
06-30-2007, 03:24 PM
My point is, the older uniform and shield are ugly compared to the modern version. So why display that! It's worthless! You can still get the same goosebumps knowing the history of Cap in his modern better looking garb.

......that's your opinion dude....people don't think like you as you can clearly see.....so deal with it ....:stick:... some people here love the old uniform....and many here think it's the best exclusive yet.....

geto10
06-30-2007, 03:26 PM
make the exclusives super limited and make the regulars easier and cheaper to get. thats all i want.

True that! :thumbs2:

goingbroke223
06-30-2007, 03:28 PM
the cap is cap no matter what he wears is bull!!

taek spiderman for insyance. when he changed costumes then went back to the red and blue. it was like " he is back. this is spidey""
this argument is as hollow as the guy on the art thread saying kirby wasnt any good!!!
it is the roots.going to where it all started and not losing site of what the foundation was.

Natrix
06-30-2007, 03:35 PM
If you don't like the exclusives, then just buy the regular version...simple as that!

Trilogy
06-30-2007, 03:41 PM
I like exclusives. :)

Ink
06-30-2007, 04:07 PM
the best one I've seen is the wolverine exclusive

Gir
06-30-2007, 05:11 PM
I believe that the PF Spike exclusive (from Buffy) is the best exclusive so far. The regular edition is the human head, and the exclusive includes a bonus vampire head. This is the only Sideshow exclusive that I am aware of where I would consider the bonus item absolutely essential. Of course, this also makes the regular edition feel incomplete.

Viking28
06-30-2007, 05:20 PM
So why display that! It's worthless! You can still get the same goosebumps knowing the history of Cap in his modern better looking garb.

BECAUSE I like displaying that version!!!!!!! Why the anger with people who like the Exclusive version of Cap???

spider-man
06-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Captain America is Captain America no matter which uniform he had on. My point is, the older uniform and shield are ugly compared to the modern version. So why display that! It's worthless! You can still get the same goosebumps knowing the history of Cap in his modern better looking garb.

uhhhhh..yea. why display it, it's worthless? wow.

zoid2323
06-30-2007, 05:35 PM
To each his own,your going to like some exclusives and not others.Like me not interested in Dr.DOOM period I think he's g@y and his cup is pretty g@y too-obviously I'm in the minority.Hulk EX not interested I dont want a grey hulk I like my Hulk like I like my women GREEN...Wait that didn't come out right...Oh well,General Grievous EX is great makes those of us that dont own the caped EX pi$$ed.Captain America EX I like being able to change to WWII Cap if I want to.I like the KISS EX with the optional bases,I know a whole bunch of you think those are g@y but I like em'.So the exclusives to me aren't a waste of time,the ones you peronally like enhance your $300 statue.

comicfan
06-30-2007, 05:38 PM

wow. how we can argue with that? talk about not giving a crap about other ppl opinions.
so why display that? cause i like it and it's very worthy to me!!!!! :mad::thumbsdow :thumbsdow

comicfan
06-30-2007, 05:38 PM

taek spiderman for insyance. when he changed costumes then went back to the red and blue. it was like " he is back. this is spidey""
this argument is as hollow as the guy on the art thread saying kirby wasnt any good!!!
it is the roots.going to where it all started and not losing site of what the foundation was.

amen brother.

loricstone
06-30-2007, 05:47 PM

If that was so bull, why did Cap have the longest running streak of the Modern suit in the comics than the Older version? If the older version was more loved, Marvel would have kept it! The fans speak you know!

loricstone
06-30-2007, 05:49 PM
If you don't like the exclusives, then just buy the regular version...simple as that!

I did buy the regular version and it is a damn awesome statue. I doubt I will ever see a better Cap done! Period!!! The exclusive is still worthless to me though!!

loricstone
06-30-2007, 05:52 PM
I like exclusives. :)

I like exclusives too if they can always be seen displayed with the statue! Take the Yellow DD that's coming out as an exc. from HH (yes, it does look even better than the red version---and I've never been a yellow costume fan), but hell at least the difference is in plain sight and I can appreciate it and won't have to go through the hassle of taking parts out of the box to make it exclusive!

Yeah, that yellow DD looks awesome! Even better than the Red one to me!

loricstone
06-30-2007, 05:54 PM
BECAUSE I like displaying that version!!!!!!! Why the anger with people who like the Exclusive version of Cap???

I'm not angry Viking28, just dumbfounded why people like the uglier shield and head covering of Cap???:confused:

comicfan
06-30-2007, 05:54 PM
The exclusive is still worthless to me though!!

but very worthy for many people.

goingbroke223
06-30-2007, 05:59 PM
its called modernizing.
supermans has changed, batmans has changed, falcon and on and on.
things change with the times. fans didnt say "you need to change caps outfit "
he was gone from comics for some 20+ yrs. they modernized him to introduce him to the current readers who may not have know who he was.that sounds odd now but back in the 60's superhero marvel comics were all just catching . cap was dead and out of books since the 40's

comicfan
06-30-2007, 06:04 PM
I like exclusives too if they can always be seen displayed with the statue! Take the Yellow DD that's coming out as an exc. from HH (yes, it does look even better than the red version---and I've never been a yellow costume fan), but hell at least the difference is in plain sight and I can appreciate it and won't have to go through the hassle of taking parts out of the box to make it exclusive!

Yeah, that yellow DD looks awesome! Even better than the Red one to me!

again, your opinion. i much prefer to pay for 1 statue and get as many display possibilities as I can for my money than to buy lame ass paint variants. and i couldn't care less about hard hero since i never liked their statues to begin with.

loricstone
06-30-2007, 06:46 PM
again, your opinion. i much prefer to pay for 1 statue and get as many display possibilities as I can for my money than to buy lame ass paint variants. and i couldn't care less about hard hero since i never liked their statues to begin with.

Paint and sculpt variants (whether big or small). Shoot, at least I'm guaranteed a fine product with no defects out of the box. Check out Tony D's situation if you don't know what I'm talking about! Or, ask Sheople!

Keep in mind, I enjoy SS (mostly Marvel) products! I am a man of many tastes! I don't just lambast other companies just to do it! If I don't like something (like the EX Cap) I will say so and then explain in detail why!

Ridimous
06-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Exclusives will always beat the regulars in all way you look at it especially in price and display options. Exclusives are more especial and extremely limited. Shoot, I sure glad to have Ex Cap than the regular for sure :thumbs2:

titan7170
06-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Wow this thread is weird........and the title format looks familiar,:confused2

toe
06-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Wow this thread is weird........and the title format looks familiar,:confused2

troublemaker :stick: