PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Cap PF head install and some pics.

SquiderM3
07-01-2007, 01:51 AM
Did anyone else have a problem with either head fitting into the base of the neck. Mine arrived today, everything looked great, no breaks, cracks, chips or missing pieces however when I went to place the modern head into the base, the peg was too big and needed excessive filing (1/8 of an inch). No problems but more work than should be.

Do you think SS would just replace the head as everything else is fine. Hate to send the whole piece back and get one in worse condition. Plus the edition number is 44.:buttrock:

Pics not showing, will try again.

bruceb
07-01-2007, 02:00 AM
...we need pictures to better judge it... =)

Alex655321
07-01-2007, 07:08 AM
Are you trying to load the pictures from your computer, or from a website like photobucket?

GangstaRoranous
07-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Yup, my modern head also did not fit on my Cap....along with some other problems. :banghead:

SquiderM3
07-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Yup, my modern head also did not fit on my Cap....along with some other problems. :banghead:

Did you modify or just asked for a replacement? Mine fits well now and because I don't think I will ever sell this one I may just let it go. I'll call SS on Monday and see what they say.

Poisonous
07-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Did you modify or just asked for a replacement? Mine fits well now and because I don't think I will ever sell this one I may just let it go. I'll call SS on Monday and see what they say.

Good luck, hope it gets sorted out for you guys asap.

darthmatrix
07-01-2007, 03:59 PM
geez hope mine arrives ok(it comes here tommorow)

hope you get that problem solved asap SquiderM3

GangstaRoranous
07-01-2007, 04:05 PM

I didn't modify it. Since there are other problems besides the head not fitting I am just going to ask for a replacement. Be careful asking for just the head though, it might arrive broken depending upon how they ship it to you. I recently got a replacement emma print and it arrived all crinkled and dirty from how it was shipped. Sometimes it's better to live with certain flaws then risk getting something worse.:banghead:

darthmatrix
07-01-2007, 04:14 PM
I didn't modify it. Since there are other problems besides the head not fitting I am just going to ask for a replacement. Be careful asking for just the head though, it might arrive broken depending upon how they ship it to you. I recently got a replacement emma print and it arrived all crinkled and dirty from how it was shipped. Sometimes it's better to live with certain flaws then risk getting something worse.:banghead:

That sadly seems to be typical SS QC replace one problem with another :(

GangstaRoranous
07-01-2007, 05:32 PM
That sadly seems to be typical SS QC replace one problem with another :(

Tell me about it. I can't seem to get something that is in decent shape the first time around. I always have to send stuff back. Sometimes I feel like they send me the crappy stuff on purpose when I hear others saying that their pieces are perfect. I just hope they have a replacement for me because I do love this PF.:(

SquiderM3
07-01-2007, 06:41 PM
If they decide to give me a replacement head I will definitely keep my original until the new one arrives. As the saying goes 'two heads are better than one'.:peoples:

zoid2323
07-02-2007, 08:06 AM
If they decide to give me a replacement head I will definitely keep my original until the new one arrives. As the saying goes 'two heads are better than one'.:peoples:

Good 1 :thumbs2:

punisher129
07-02-2007, 09:14 PM
I had a problem puting cap on his base. It seems like the pegs are just a little bigger than the holes. Anyone else have this problem ?

---PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE---

zoid2323
07-02-2007, 10:52 PM
I had a problem puting cap on his base. It seems like the pegs are just a little bigger than the holes. Anyone else have this problem ?

mine were fine.

sheople
07-02-2007, 11:42 PM

I had a little problem with the peg and Voltrons head. SS sent me an extra Voltron head so it's fine now.

titan7170
07-03-2007, 12:27 AM
:laugh: I had a little problem with the peg and Voltrons head. SS sent me an extra Voltron head so it's fine now.

Voltron or Ultron lol........:laugh:

GangstaRoranous
07-03-2007, 12:30 AM
I had a little problem with the peg and Voltrons head. SS sent me an extra Voltron head so it's fine now.

What is a Voltron?:confused: :laugh:

Voltron is a shape-changing giant mecha robot first featured in the 1980s animated television series Voltron: Defender of the Universe. There has since been a second series, made in the 1990s using CGI techniques. The 1980s Voltron series was based on two vaguely-related Japanese anime series GoLion and Dairugger XV (both originally produced by Toei Animation & Bandai, who also produced the popular Super Sentai series in Japan). The anime was dubbed and connected together by North American television production and distribution company World Events Productions. The series was not a straight dub, however, as much of the violence of the original Japanese series was removed.

Just kidding with you buddy. :)

comicfan
07-03-2007, 02:29 AM
hope mine arrives fine! :buttrock:

Relic Reaper
07-03-2007, 10:48 AM
I received both of mine and 1 has several problems: A chip on the "A" on the modern Cap head, and the left "wing" is loose and almost coming off; then on the main body the red fabric on his chest is significantly worn (looks like it's been rubbed numerous times and the center red stripe is significantly lighter than the others); some of the white stripes look dirty and there are some wear areas on the legs as well. To top it off, the Ultron head has a big chip on it. :banghead: :banghead:
The other one is ok, except it cannot be placed on the Ultron Head. The WW2 helmet works fine, but I think the hole on the Ultron head is not aligned properly. :mad: :banghead:

GangstaRoranous
07-03-2007, 10:54 AM
I received both of mine and 1 has several problems: A chip on the "A" on the modern Cap head, and the left "wing" is loose and almost coming off; then on the main body the red fabric on his chest is significantly worn (looks like it's been rubbed numerous times and the center red stripe is significantly lighter than the others); some of the white stripes look dirty and there are some wear areas on the legs as well. To top it off, the Ultron head has a big chip on it. :banghead:
The other one is ok, except it cannot be placed on the Ultron Head. The WW2 helmet works fine, but I think the hole on the Ultron head is not aligned properly. :mad: :banghead:I know how you feel. I am waiting for them to call me back about my replacement. :( Seems a lot of people got perfect ones and a few of us were unlucky and got pwned by Sideshow's poor QC.

SquiderM3
07-03-2007, 11:37 AM
I received both of mine and 1 has several problems: A chip on the "A" on the modern Cap head, and the left "wing" is loose and almost coming off; then on the main body the red fabric on his chest is significantly worn (looks like it's been rubbed numerous times and the center red stripe is significantly lighter than the others); some of the white stripes look dirty and there are some wear areas on the legs as well. To top it off, the Ultron head has a big chip on it. :banghead: :banghead:
The other one is ok, except it cannot be placed on the Ultron Head. The WW2 helmet works fine, but I think the hole on the Ultron head is not aligned properly. :mad: :banghead:

Wow, sorry to hear about this, I guess I should consider myself lucky. Still haven't heard back from them but for this exact reason I do not want a full replacement, just the head or nothing.