PDA

View Full Version : The PS2 just died! Help.

sellin71
07-03-2007, 11:15 PM
My son's PS2 just shot craps today. I need advice. He has over 60 games for it, so here are my options.

Another PS2 or shell out the money for a PS3. If I go the PS3 route, is there a big difference in the 20g and 60g models. We won't access the internet for games.

What would you do? Do you think the price will drop dramatically or stay about the same for awhile.

sheople
07-03-2007, 11:27 PM
My son's PS2 just shot craps today. I need advice. He has over 60 games for it, so here are my options.

Another PS2 or shell out the money for a PS3. If I go the PS3 route, is there a big difference in the 20g and 60g models. We won't access the internet for games.

What would you do? Do you think the price will drop dramatically or stay about the same for awhile.

First off how old is he? As far as the 20g and 60g models Sony is discontinuing the 20g model. I say buy a used PS2.

sellin71
07-03-2007, 11:28 PM
First off how old is he? As far as the 20g and 60g models Sony is discontinuing the 20g model. I say buy a used PS2.

He's nine.

CocoPUFF
07-03-2007, 11:46 PM

hard to say....I'm gonna buy a ps3 later this year....if ya need a used one...

Vince-Vell
07-04-2007, 12:52 AM
Me i would just go get another new PS2 or a used one from someone whos got a later generation model of PS2. First gen models over heated a lot.

Save the PS3 till there is a slew of more games, i just dont see the worth in the PS3 yet. Or get a Wii, prob would love to have that a lot more.

sheople
07-04-2007, 10:29 AM
He's nine.

I say go with another PS2.

Me i would just go get another new PS2 or a used one from someone whos got a later generation model of PS2. First gen models over heated a lot.

Save the PS3 till there is a slew of more games, i just dont see the worth in the PS3 yet. Or get a Wii, prob would love to have that a lot more.

I have a launch PS2 and I've never had a single problem with it.

Black Cat
07-05-2007, 12:55 AM

yeah buy another ps2 new or used he is way too young for a ps3 and the price will not drop anytime soon

thecallahan
07-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Yeah Country, I agree with the majority here. Just buy another PS2. You can get them for 100 bucks.

sellin71
07-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks guys. You helped me make up my mind. Now, somebody doesn't have a used ps2 they want to sell?