PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on delivery of Cap from SS.

jms493
07-04-2007, 11:43 AM
They tried to deliver cap on Tuesday...no one home.

They are going to try thursday and friday but noone will be home........what can I do.

I am not taking a day off for a statue.

What is going to happen??

Bullseye
07-04-2007, 11:46 AM
If it is not delievered I would imagine it is sent back to the sender. You should try and have it delievered to your place of work.

cap70
07-04-2007, 11:51 AM
Maybe you could call and ask FedEx to hold it for you at their office? Dunno if it's possible after the item is already shipped, but it's worth a try.

Black Cat
07-04-2007, 11:56 AM
there was an option to have it left where you want it maybe you should have used that cause the last time when they delivered Emma they left her by the front door where I picked for it to be left.

heykool69
07-04-2007, 01:06 PM
if you trust your next door neighbor, then have them drop it off there.

legato
07-04-2007, 01:17 PM
They tried to deliver cap on Tuesday...no one home.

They are going to try thursday and friday but noone will be home........what can I do.

I am not taking a day off for a statue.

What is going to happen??

Just call the 1-800 number on the door tag and tell the service rep to hold them in their facility. Tell the service rep that you want to pick them up on Saturday. Pick them up between 8 am to 10 am. I think this is the only time that they will allow pick ups. Make sure that they would hold your package before you go there so that you won't waste your time. Bring your door tags, tracking numbers and some type of identification when you claim your package. It would usually take 24 hours after you call before it goes to their system. So if you call today they would take it off their truck on Friday and then you pick it up on Saturday. I had the same problem last week, I even told them to re-deliver on Saturday and they said it was ok but they screwed it up. Long story short, I told them to just hold them in their facility and I picked them up yesterday after work. There is another option, you can just tell them that nobody will be at home on Thurs and Friday and just redeliver on Saturday. They will probably attemp delivery on Thursday because it takes 24 hours (if you call today) before the delivery guy gets notified that you want your package to be redelivered on Saturday. This did not go well with me that's why I strongly suggest that you just pick them up directly from their facility. Fedex Home delivery is open from Tuesday to Saturday.

kirthew
07-04-2007, 01:58 PM
My Fed Ex guy rocks.. he places everything on the back porch and then covers it with a canvas chair against the window... All my packages have been there... and it just rocks...

On another note.. how do you cancel an order and Sideshow?

P1X4R
07-04-2007, 08:25 PM
On another note.. how do you cancel an order and Sideshow?

if it hasn't gone in the processing stage yet then login to your account and go here

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/update_order.cgi

newbie! :p

btw, careful not to click "cancel all items". :laugh:

risingstar
07-04-2007, 09:52 PM
I've arranged to have items shipped to different locations as well as arrange to pick things up myself at a FedEx office. They're quite accomodating about this sort of thing.

bruceb
07-05-2007, 03:55 AM
..call them and tell them to hold it...

cougartrace
07-05-2007, 08:49 AM
don't get me started on FED EX :banghead:

feeter
07-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Have Cap sent to my house and we will talk about you getting visitation rights :thumbs2:

jms493
07-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Called them I will be able to pick it up Saturday morning.

thanx guys