PDA

View Full Version : Mary Jane MSNBC with Feedback!!

spenca7
07-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Here is a clip of the MSNBC coverage of the Mary Jane comiquette where it is referred to as a "doll" and Feedback from "Who Wants to be a Superhero" puts his 2 cents in

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LSmr517vyks

CessnaDriver
07-08-2007, 11:42 PM
I pre-ordered mine just days before that whole story hit.
Thank god.

sheople
07-08-2007, 11:45 PM
http://images.nicoclub.com/forums/images/smilies/deadhorse.gif

I ordered Ex and Reg.

darthmatrix
07-08-2007, 11:50 PM
With all the press this should pass the Emma/value in price on the bay

kingdomhearts
07-09-2007, 12:07 AM
We should tell that guy on the video to get a life.

He said he doesnt want his children to see MJ comiquette in the comic book shop. Look at himself, I wouldnt want children to see their dad who dress up like an idiot.

DSET
07-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Man I need one of these
The value is gonna skyrocket

msw313
07-09-2007, 12:58 AM
What a dweeb!

This bozo makes us Forum regulars look normal! :D :laugh: :p

Sgt Taz
07-09-2007, 04:43 AM
A "doll" bending over a "washing machine" :laugh:

Man that's one primitive looking washing machine...almost looks like a plain old basket to put dirty clothes in :laugh:

cougartrace
07-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Man I need one of these
The value is gonna skyrocket

I wouldn't go that far.

CessnaDriver
07-09-2007, 10:47 AM

Man that's one primitive looking washing machine...almost looks like a plain old basket to put dirty clothes in :laugh:

Good work detective!

Your exactly right!

She discovers his costume in the laundry basket.

She was not washing it as we all thought at first.

msw313
07-09-2007, 10:55 AM

That's the biggest problem with the news media today. More concerned with sensationalism than with getting the story details correct.

I can just hear the pitch in the story meeting:
"But if we say it's a high-end, high-priced, limited edition, collectible statue intended for adult collectors and NOT a toy or a doll, we won't be able to claim it's corrupting kids! And mentioning 'washing machine', 'cleavage', and 'g-string straps" helps play up the sexist angle! That plays great with the feminist demographic! Without all that stuff, we wouldn't have a story!"

Who wants to bet nobody from MSNBC even attempted to contact Sideshow for a counterpoint argument? Hey, but tons of free publicity for SS either way!

misterfun
07-10-2007, 01:29 PM
is she stupid ? the statue show us MJ bending over a wasmachine where the hell does she see a wasmaschine ?

CessnaDriver
07-10-2007, 01:39 PM
That's the biggest problem with the news media today. More concerned with sensationalism than with getting the story details correct.

I can just hear the pitch in the story meeting:
"But if we say it's a high-end, high-priced, limited edition, collectible statue intended for adult collectors and NOT a toy or a doll, we won't be able to claim it's corrupting kids! And mentioning 'washing machine', 'cleavage', and 'g-string straps" helps play up the sexist angle! That plays great with the feminist demographic! Without all that stuff, we wouldn't have a story!"

Who wants to bet nobody from MSNBC even attempted to contact Sideshow for a counterpoint argument? Hey, but tons of free publicity for SS either way!

The mainstream media cannot be trusted to report anything with any accuracy. I have noticed chronic problems for decades in regards to aerospace related news storys. It has improved some. But local TV news can be some of the worst, the most ignorant and sensationalized reporting you can imagine.

TV is crap.

I get my news off the net, how and where I see fit that best reports the facts. Generally by experts on the matters I wish to be informed about.

And amazingly, bloggers are leading the game when it comes to accuracy sometimes. I have little respect for so called professional journalists. They lost my trust long ago.

rilynil
07-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Jeez. Why would you think bloggers are the most accurate? They tend to be the most biased, because the whole idea behind blogs is to give personal opinions. In general, blogs are no different than Michael Moore's films, which you hate.

Like you, I watch very little news on TV, except for the biggest of stories such as hurricanes and other disasters when video can be considered crucial to understanding the full scope of what's happening. I don't enjoy watching local news at all. Frequently, it's superficial and off the mark. Still, there is good to be found in local news.

But there are forms of media that do take the truth seriously. Newspapers lead the way, IMO. Where do you think so many of those TV talking heads and beloved bloggers get their information? Print media do most of the legwork when it comes to interviewing numerous sources and checking facts. To be a qualified blogger, one needs only to be able to peck a keyboard with two index fingers and hit an enter button.

Certainly, journalists make mistakes because, unlike most everyone in the general public, they have to learn about a wide range of subjects under very intense deadlines. It's very easy for armchair quarterbacks to sit back and belch criticism when those same couch potatoes couldn't be considered experts on anything other than picking their underwear out of their cracks.

But I'm not getting into a big debate, Cessna, because I know this is one of your pet soapboxes and, of everyone on the forum, you seem to be the most cemented in your viewpoint.

But if you think you don't get truckloads of inaccurate and slanted information from bloggers, then you might as well watch local news.

bat_collector
07-10-2007, 02:19 PM
I just loved how they got that one comic panel to show that mary jane has NEVER been in anything more sexy than that. lol. I've seen plenty of comics with her far showing far more skin than that statue.

Colossus
07-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Yeah the pic from the 60's like leave it to beaver time and such, hell virtually every tv show on prime time any more plays on sexuality, and the whole "oh my gawd he has her washing clothes" attitude is bs. My wife washes my clothes and I cut the grass I don't get so bent out of shape that it is racist for me to cut the grass, people just need to get over it. I am glad that sideshow is getting some publicity and I have one of these exclusives on order but the outcry is just more blather that is IMO unfounded ramblings by people that need to get some real problems.

CessnaDriver
07-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Jeez. Why would you think bloggers are the most accurate? They tend to be the most biased, because the whole idea behind blogs is to give personal opinions. In general, blogs are no different than Michael Moore's films, which you hate.

Like you, I watch very little news on TV, except for the biggest of stories such as hurricanes and other disasters when video can be considered crucial to understanding the full scope of what's happening. I don't enjoy watching local news at all. Frequently, it's superficial and off the mark. Still, there is good to be found in local news.

But there are forms of media that do take the truth seriously. Newspapers lead the way, IMO. Where do you think so many of those TV talking heads and beloved bloggers get their information? Print media do most of the legwork when it comes to interviewing numerous sources and checking facts. To be a qualified blogger, one needs only to be able to peck a keyboard with two index fingers and hit an enter button.

Certainly, journalists make mistakes because, unlike most everyone in the general public, they have to learn about a wide range of subjects under very intense deadlines. It's very easy for armchair quarterbacks to sit back and belch criticism when those same couch potatoes couldn't be considered experts on anything other than picking their underwear out of their cracks.

But I'm not getting into a big debate, Cessna, because I know this is one of your pet soapboxes and, of everyone on the forum, you seem to be the most cemented in your viewpoint.

But if you think you don't get truckloads of inaccurate and slanted information from bloggers, then you might as well watch local news.

I said, amazingly, bloggers are leading the game when it comes to accuracy sometimes.

Sometimes.

Repeat... sometimes.

And if you wanted to get the straight dope about the MJ statue.

This is probably the very best place then TV news.

CessnaDriver
07-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Yeah the pic from the 60's like leave it to beaver time and such, hell virtually every tv show on prime time any more plays on sexuality, and the whole "oh my gawd he has her washing clothes" attitude is bs. My wife washes my clothes and I cut the grass I don't get so bent out of shape that it is racist for me to cut the grass, people just need to get over it. I am glad that sideshow is getting some publicity and I have one of these exclusives on order but the outcry is just more blather that is IMO unfounded ramblings by people that need to get some real problems.

Notice TV ads for washing products almost always have women.

Christ, even when we thought that was what she was doing, my wife had no problem with it other then... eff that! use a washing machine!

Spider-man saves the city over and over again, he sure as hell deserves a hot babe to look out for him. And that is what she does.

CocoPUFF
07-10-2007, 03:07 PM
yheah, local TV news is the biggest joke! I get my news from the enquirer! That sh!t is waaaaay more accurate than anything else right now!

rjb America
07-10-2007, 06:20 PM
That was one of the most idiotic news clips I have ever saw. This so-called news person:banghead: does not know her facts a wahing machine? a doll? Honestly in stead of being a reporter she needs to be on a street corner selling something else:eek: .
And now on to this Feedback guy, Stan Lee is a legend in my book, but he is going to tarnish his image with these stupid reality shows, I do watch for a good laugh(I'm a Fat Mama fan what is Fat Mama doing now? Working at a Dairy Queen?, does she even appear at any con's to keep her super powered eating going . Feedback does he even know anything about statues? It sure does not sound like it having her call it a doll. I can't wait for a Feedback statue SS should announce it at SDCC, a PF Feedback with stupid ass costume:banghead:
This MSNBC piece of crap report gave me a headache, time for a Xanax and a nap:buttrock: .

RJB America!

CocoPUFF
07-10-2007, 06:27 PM
tHAT WAS THE FUNNIEST SH!T i'VE SEEN IN A WHILE......"Oh, My! I didn't even notice the front clevege!...shocking!"ROTFLMAO

risingstar
07-10-2007, 06:39 PM
It must have been a really slow news day....

:D

Barbarian
07-11-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm gettin' pretty damn sick of all these people thinking they have a say in how the piece SHOULD have been created, and how they could have made it more wholesome. F that S! It is what it is, and it is sexy and beautiful. She is one artists take on the character, not the character as a whole. So, all those opposed should shut their big yaps, and learn how to sculpt if they have an issue with how she's portrayed. They don't have to let their kiddies buy it, or ever see it themselves. Sure is great how they shined a big light on this piece to raise its value dramatically. Thanks shmoes! :buttrock:

Barbarian
07-11-2007, 06:54 PM
tHAT WAS THE FUNNIEST SH!T i'VE SEEN IN A WHILE......"Oh, My! I didn't even notice the front clevege!...shocking!"ROTFLMAO

:laugh: Seriously. It's like a penis just popped out on the screen. Loosen up, lady.

msw313
07-11-2007, 08:02 PM
If this so-called anchorwoman is THAT "shocked" and uptight about a mere statue, I really feel sorry for her Significant Other (if any) when it comes time for her to show him some real skin! She sounds like a real party. :eplus2: :eek:

Barbarian
07-11-2007, 08:08 PM
If this so-called anchorwoman is THAT "shocked" and uptight about a mere statue, I really feel sorry for her Significant Other (if any) when it comes time for her to show him some real skin! She sounds like a real party. :eplus2: :eek:

You never know. Women like that can sometimes be the dirtiest, immoral and dissolute of harlots. Sweet and wholesome on the outside. Whips, chains and gags on the inside.