PDA

View Full Version : Highlander The Search For Vengeance

patrickwm68
07-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Just got done watching this and I thought it was pretty good. I always thought that Highlander would work well in this genre. My only issue with it was everyone having big muttenchop sideburns.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a3/Highlander_poster.jpg

chromesamurai
07-10-2007, 11:40 PM
Done by the people who did Ninja Scroll. They love those sideburns.

moon_knight1971
07-11-2007, 01:48 AM
Is this in the US yet?

chromesamurai
07-11-2007, 03:20 AM
Yep. Wal-Mart and the like may not have it, but try Best Buy and if that fails, Amazon.

patrickwm68
07-11-2007, 09:44 AM
I read on Wikipedia that the film was trimmed back for the American release and the Director didn't like it so a Director's Cut is do out later this year.

moon_knight1971
07-13-2007, 05:21 PM
rented it from netflix the other day and got it in the mail today. gonna watch it over the weekend....:)

moon_knight1971
07-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Just watched it and it was very good! Go watch it!

Gatekeeper2Hell
07-19-2007, 08:47 PM
I was in Best Buy the week this came out, and picked it up then.

It's all right, but if I had known it was by the Ninja Scroll guy, I wouldn't have touched it. I'm really not into demons/mutant creatures and unrealistic gesyers of excessive blood. This one isn't as extreme as some of the director's other works, but it was enough to put me off.

As to the idea of Highlander anime: I'd rather see them done as series of DVDs, each set in a different time period.

Did anyone else notice that Kevin Eastman was a co-producer on this?

stormshadow75x
07-31-2007, 06:15 PM
i just saw that last night on the sci-fi network

it was pretty good

Hopefully they'll be a follow up

mwf6171
08-01-2007, 10:20 AM
I will have to see if it is going to be on the SciFi channel again soon.

Faiyaz
09-26-2007, 03:59 AM
Just watched this Movie. Pretty cool i must add. I see what you mean about sideburns. And i watched Highlander The Source what a load of CRAP!!

demonhunter
09-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Just watched it. I enjoyed it because it's the same style as Ninja Scroll.

Fluid animation, lots of action.

I'd recommend it!:thumbs2:

Spoilers
The only things I wish could had been done better are:
1.Marcus's right hand Japanese Immortal woman warrior could have had more screen time. Perhaps, if Colin had to go through her before reaching Marcus again, it would had been more interesting.
2.The finale battle between Marcus and Colin was too short. I thought I was going to see something more spectacular.
3.Colin was too inferior to Marcus in swordsmanship. Countless times throughout their encounters in a span of a thousand years, Marcus either allowed Colin to live for his amusement and thus spared cutting his head off, or he didn't proceed to kill Colin because he fell on 'Holy' ground such as the church etc.

I see some similarities between Highlander: Search for Vengeance and Afro Samurai. Both sought vengeance and lived for only for revenge, but for Highlander Colin, at least he had some redemption in the end.