PDA

View Full Version : Jim Lee and Sideshow????

Krypton Knight
07-12-2007, 09:25 PM
I wonder if somethings cooking between these two.

From the newsletter-
We are excited to announce that renowned comic book artist, writer, creator, and publisher, Jim Lee, has scheduled a visit to Sideshow's Comic-Con Booth (#1929)! Mr. Lee will be stopping by on Sunday, July 29th, from 1pm to 2pm, to sign autographs and chat with fans. Stay tuned to our Comic-Con coverage for more information, and follow the Jim Lee links to find out more about this ultra-talented artist!

Bullseye
07-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Interesting.

sheople
07-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Sweet!

darthmatrix
07-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Jim Lee X-men would rock :buttrock:

BigLeagueChu
07-12-2007, 11:34 PM
I have been wanting this since day 1. I would give up my entire collection to have a Jim Lee X-Men team. :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

DSET
07-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Damnit! I was just about to make this thread:stick:

As much as I love Jim Lee I think Marvel work on his art wouldnt be nearly as benifitial as statues based on his DC work.
I would pay in gold bars to see what SS would do with a Batman PF based on Jims work:thumbs2:

moon_knight1971
07-13-2007, 12:10 AM
I hope its not for Wildcats......

msw313
07-13-2007, 12:48 AM
I wonder if somethings cooking between these two.

From the newsletter-
We are excited to announce that renowned comic book artist, writer, creator, and publisher, Jim Lee, has scheduled a visit to Sideshow's Comic-Con Booth (#1929)! Mr. Lee will be stopping by on Sunday, July 29th, from 1pm to 2pm, to sign autographs and chat with fans. Stay tuned to our Comic-Con coverage for more information, and follow the Jim Lee links to find out more about this ultra-talented artist!
Yeah, what's up with that?

Upcoming line based on some of his old Marvel art, maybe? X-Men, Punisher, Alpha Flight, FF, Iron Man are all characters he drew during his years at Marvel. Lots of possibilities. :inquisiti

rjb America
07-13-2007, 12:52 AM
One can only hope there is an annoucement at SDCC on statues based on Jim Lee's Marvel work. AWESOME!!!

koten
07-13-2007, 01:57 AM
Please be true!

CocoPUFF
07-13-2007, 02:02 AM
If something is cooking, please have a release date of 2010 so that I can give my CCs a break and hold off my wife plotting my demise...

Wolverine1
07-13-2007, 03:58 AM
Oh sweet mother! Please let there be a Jim Lee line!

Juggernaut
07-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Im hoping for a Jim Lee comiquette line.

puntapret
07-13-2007, 08:58 AM
Jim Lee PF or Comiquette, that rocks :buttrock:

X-Men Fan
07-13-2007, 08:59 AM
I would LOVE a Jim Lee X-Men line of statues.

cougartrace
07-13-2007, 09:10 AM
I think SS would make all kinds of money on this line :buttrock:

spider-man
07-13-2007, 11:06 PM
I just read this and was wondering the same thing. I don't see any reason for him to be there unless they are doing something together.

msw313
07-14-2007, 11:23 PM
I just read this and was wondering the same thing. I don't see any reason for him to be there unless they are doing something together....and it won't be any of his Wildstorm characters because DC owns the rights to all that.

Makkari1
07-14-2007, 11:29 PM
Interesting.

Indeed.

Hellboy
07-14-2007, 11:55 PM
I'd welcome any product based on Jim Lee's work. The Vs. format would be a dream.

kirthew
07-15-2007, 12:21 AM
OH lord... please let it be a Hush PF or Comiquette line...

msw313
07-15-2007, 12:25 AM
OH lord... please let it be a Hush PF or Comiquette line...Not gonna happen! :(

DC doesn't let ANY of their stuff out of the "family". If DC Direct doesn't do it, it doesn't get done.

kirthew
07-15-2007, 01:02 AM
Not gonna happen! :(

DC doesn't let ANY of their stuff out of the "family". If DC Direct doesn't do it, it doesn't get done.

Yeah... that is why Mattel just extended their Action Figure contract with DC... I think maybe DC has finally opened their eyes and saw that their DC Direct line just doesn't fly... and I can dream can't I?

msw313
07-15-2007, 01:09 AM
Yeah... that is why Mattel just extended their Action Figure contract with DC... I think maybe DC has finally opened their eyes and saw that their DC Direct line just doesn't fly... and I can dream can't I?
We can ALL dream of the day...

But there's a big difference between licensing out mass-market toys and big-ticket collectibles. The Mattel relationship is a decades-long cash-cow legacy program that long-predates the existence of DC Direct, and doesn't really directly compete with any of their product lines.

like adam hughes stuff maybe Jim Lee will do the x-men comiquette line with a print as the exclusive

pingoy82
07-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Dc finally gave sideshow their Dc license :) I can feel it. If it does come true, you heard it from me first!! hehehe. I hignly doubt if it would be a jim lee comiquette line based on marvel characters coz after all Jim Lee is under DC , and we only have 2 Adam Hughes comiquette announced and already theyre planning another line?!?!?!

wofford29
07-15-2007, 12:23 PM
A Hush Batman statue from Sideshow would be the fastest selling item of all time, because I would find a way to buy everyone up for sale in a matter of seconds.

Superboy76
07-15-2007, 01:28 PM
A Hush Batman statue from Sideshow would be the fastest selling item of all time, because I would find a way to buy everyone up for sale in a matter of seconds.

Amen. I can't think of anything I would want more...

Black Cat
07-15-2007, 03:15 PM
like adam hughes stuff maybe Jim Lee will do the x-men comiquette line with a print as the exclusive

that would great! I'm sure it will sell just as well probably better

Black Cat
07-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Dc finally gave sideshow their Dc license :) I can feel it. If it does come true, you heard it from me first!! hehehe. I hignly doubt if it would be a jim lee comiquette line based on marvel characters coz after all Jim Lee is under DC , and we only have 2 Adam Hughes comiquette announced and already theyre planning another line?!?!?!

What I don't get is they said Jim Lee would be there they didn't say he was starting a line of anything so all of you that are jumping to conclusions may be very disappointed SDCC week when nothing is mentioned or you may get great news lol. I seriously doubt that Sideshow will do DC line while they are doing Marvel. No business ever does Marvel and DC both at the same time that I can recall

DSET
07-15-2007, 07:34 PM
people are just hoping for them to do a DC line but we know that wont happen becuz of DC Direct
and the SS Marvel Line

However what would SS want form Jim if they are not doing sculpts based on his artwork?

I cant come up with any idea of why SS would want Jim to come to the booth and do signatures other than making some sculpts on his work.

Ink
07-15-2007, 07:37 PM
I would LOVE a Jim Lee X-Men line of statues.

can you imagine a 1/4 scale jim lee cyclops:D?

DSET
07-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Man this is gonna be one hell of a Comic Con for SS

Thor Vs Loki
Black Cat AH (gonna happen for sure IMO)

Jim lee lineup announced maybe even a frist statue in the line-up
could be
cyclops\gambit\Psylocke\

if they gonna do re-do's
from Jims work I would say
Punisher and Magneto are the first ones I would pick
(would say wolverine but the current ones good enough looks enough like his art work already)
(Magneto the current one isnt that good)

IM EXCITED

Man if only SS would do a Dell'otto line, my life would be complete.

spider-man
07-15-2007, 08:21 PM
What I don't get is they said Jim Lee would be there they didn't say he was starting a line of anything so all of you that are jumping to conclusions may be very disappointed SDCC week when nothing is mentioned or you may get great news lol. I seriously doubt that Sideshow will do DC line while they are doing Marvel. No business ever does Marvel and DC both at the same time that I can recall

and you think that jim lee would be there.....why exactly? I don't think he's going to go to sideshows booth to promote a comic , they don't do that medium.

Black Cat
07-15-2007, 09:13 PM
I wish they said who the AH comiquettes were gonna be for the whole series like they did for the Women of the DC Universe Bust Line.

DSET
07-16-2007, 01:05 AM
I wish they said who the AH comiquettes were gonna be for the whole series like they did for the Women of the DC Universe Bust Line.
chill

theres gonna be a black cat AH eventually
black cat is Adam hughes signature character

worst case scenario they do another character this time (black widow, Jean, scarlet witch etc) and then finish it off with a black cat

its gonna happen

loricstone
07-16-2007, 01:42 AM
UUUmmmmmmm, Jim Lee, perhaps the greatest visual artist of all time teaming with Sideshow! Uuummm, AWESOME! But who at SS can pull off Jim Lee's art style through the sculpt? That's the challenge!

patman
07-16-2007, 01:50 AM
I'd welcome any product based on Jim Lee's work. The Vs. format would be a dream.

X-Men #1 cover VS diorama would be excellent. you can do 3 dios based on that cover! :buttrock:

DSET
07-16-2007, 02:50 AM
X-Men #1 cover VS diorama would be excellent. you can do 3 dios based on that cover! :buttrock:
That would be the best 1k I ever spent

Black Cat
07-16-2007, 03:32 AM
chill

theres gonna be a black cat AH eventually
black cat is Adam hughes signature character

worst case scenario they do another character this time (black widow, Jean, scarlet witch etc) and then finish it off with a black cat

its gonna happen

Um ok Dad I wasn't acting up so no need for the "chill" I know Black Cat is happening and I'm fine with it. I just said I wish the line was given in advance so we know what characters to expect.

DSET
07-16-2007, 04:18 AM
Dad?
:peoples:

well SS never does that
At most they give out hints at what they're doing
so I dont see why they should have done that for the A.H line

it ruins the surprise

If you know 100% they doing Black Cat at the end of the line-up then even the poeple who are on the fence for say the MJ statue, hold off on buying it. If you dont know its coming you might end up buying the MJ and then the Black Cat when it comes out.
This way chances are better that collecters buy two out of the Line up.

But none of this realy matters cuz SS Marvel statues sell out quickly most of the time anyways.:banghead:

Black Cat
07-16-2007, 08:28 AM
Dad?
:peoples:

well SS never does that
At most they give out hints at what they're doing
so I dont see why they should have done that for the A.H line

it ruins the surprise

If you know 100% they doing Black Cat at the end of the line-up then even the poeple who are on the fence for say the MJ statue, hold off on buying it. If you dont know its coming you might end up buying the MJ and then the Black Cat when it comes out.
This way chances are better that collecters buy two out of the Line up.

But none of this realy matters cuz SS Marvel statues sell out quickly most of the time anyways.:banghead:

lol yes I called you dad cause you sound like you were yelling at me. I see your point but the reason I was asking is cause if he is making Scarlet Witch then I don't want to waste money and get the Bowen one.:)

cougartrace
07-16-2007, 08:45 AM
I, for one, hope, if they have the ability to create Jim Lee stuff, would do X-MEN pf's or cc's and not only dio's.

The dio's just take up too much room for me..

Juggernaut
07-16-2007, 08:57 AM
Jim Lee comiquettes all the way!

BigLeagueChu
07-16-2007, 10:43 PM
The wait is killing me...c'mon SDCC, hurry up and get here so I can get off work too LOL :)

Juggernaut
07-17-2007, 04:12 PM
If it is a Jim Lee Comicquette line.

We will get another Wolverine comicquette.

What do people think of that, when there already is one Wolverine comicquette produced?

Black Cat
07-17-2007, 05:11 PM
If it is a Jim Lee Comicquette line.

We will get another Wolverine comicquette.

What do people think of that, when there already is one Wolverine comicquette produced?

lol I am so over remakes that it doesn't even bother me now if they did do that. I would have to say as long as they made another character first then I would be ok with it. We just need a great Storm comiquette made. Storm is one of the most popular marvel characters and there isn't even a good statue made of her? I mean come on lol

RichBamf
07-17-2007, 05:32 PM
We can ALL dream of the day...

But there's a big difference between licensing out mass-market toys and big-ticket collectibles. The Mattel relationship is a decades-long cash-cow legacy program that long-predates the existence of DC Direct, and doesn't really directly compete with any of their product lines.

Not really, since DC's biggest earner outside of comics is thier toys...

Juggernaut
07-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Even if SS starts with a Jim Lee Wolverine.

It would be great.

A Storm comicquette, that would very nice.

BigLeagueChu
07-17-2007, 05:41 PM
If they do Jim Lee's X-men, it MUST be the whole team. :)

Juggernaut
07-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Yes, the whole team.

cougartrace
07-18-2007, 08:42 AM
I would love to see these. Heck, if they are PF's and CC's, SS would get all my money.

However, one thing that worries me is that SS hasn't done anything as "out there" as this before. They usually stick to the big comic names and movies so far.

Juggernaut
07-18-2007, 08:46 AM
So according to you cougar Jim Lee is not a big comic name?

BigLeagueChu
07-18-2007, 08:49 AM
I think he means if they did the whole team, characters like Rogue, Psylocke, Jubilee, etc aren't big-names.

Juggernaut
07-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Jubilee, no she is not that popular

Jim Lee Psylocke an Rogue are most definetly popular.

BigLeagueChu
07-18-2007, 08:55 AM
I've been wanting a JL Psylocke for a very very long time :buttrock: Bring it!!! :buttrock:

cougartrace
07-18-2007, 09:59 AM
I think he means if they did the whole team, characters like Rogue, Psylocke, Jubilee, etc aren't big-names.

this is what I meant...thanks

cougartrace
07-18-2007, 10:00 AM
Jubilee, no she is not that popular

Jim Lee Psylocke an Rogue are most definetly popular.

If they did Rogue, I would love it :buttrock:

But, I would be surprised too

Juggernaut
07-18-2007, 04:11 PM
this is what I meant...thanks

They probably won't be doing Jubilee.

Maybe just some of them.

If they make Rogue they have to make Gambit too.

Vracula
07-18-2007, 04:33 PM
They probably won't be doing Jubilee.

Maybe just some of them.

If they make Rogue they have to make Gambit too.

OH YES GAMBIT!!!now that would rock

Force of Nature
07-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Jim Lee's art definitely rocks and I am a great fan of his work on the X-Books.

Just look at the pic below and imagine Sideshow making PF's who look just like this:

http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Quad/4554/xmen2.jpg

or

http://www.yanowhatimean.com/art/art_jleecmen3.jpg

Now would not that be cool?

I am dreaming of a Cable PF with mixed media (metal arm!) based on the art of Jim Lee for example... :buttrock:

Let's hope Jim Lee and Sideshow will work together in the near future!

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

Ink
07-18-2007, 05:12 PM
they need to make a dio of x men #1

Juggernaut
07-18-2007, 05:18 PM
X-Men #1 covers by Jim Lee.

They can be made in to comicquettes.

Ink
07-18-2007, 05:29 PM
X-Men #1 covers by Jim Lee.

They can be made in to comicquettes.

either one is fine by me:)

msw313
07-18-2007, 05:43 PM
Not really, since DC's biggest earner outside of comics is thier toys...
I don't disagree.

My point is that Mattel's DC figures and toys are geared for the mass market, while DC Direct's figures and sculptures are geared for the collectors specialty market.

Because they are designed for two distinctly different classes of consumers, and because they reach the public via two distinctly different conduits, one broad-based and one narrowly targeted, the two lines of products are not in conflict.

A line of sculptures licensed through Sideshow, however, would be in direct market conflict with DC's own in-house lines.

Black Cat
07-19-2007, 12:56 PM
Jim Lee's art definitely rocks and I am a great fan of his work on the X-Books.

Just look at the pic below and imagine Sideshow making PF's who look just like this:

http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Quad/4554/xmen2.jpg

or

http://www.yanowhatimean.com/art/art_jleecmen3.jpg

Now would not that be cool?

I am dreaming of a Cable PF with mixed media (metal arm!) based on the art of Jim Lee for example... :buttrock:

Let's hope Jim Lee and Sideshow will work together in the near future!

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

yeah I wouldnt hold your breath on that. Cable isn't popular enough to sell well. Most people don't even know who he is but who knows

cougartrace
07-19-2007, 01:40 PM
I think most people know who Cable is..now bring it on SS..grow some ***** and do it

DSET
07-19-2007, 01:48 PM
if they dont do a diorama
I would say
Gambit PF
Punisher PF
Psylock CC
Cyclops CC
Logan PF
Magneto PF

in that order:thumbs2:

msw313
07-19-2007, 01:51 PM
I think most people know who Cable is..
Even IF they do, most of the people who have the money available to spend on statues are older than Cable's primary demographic. He might be able to move some MB, but maybe not enough FS to make it financially viable to produce one. I'm not saying he definitely couldn't, but I'm skeptical of his chances.

And don't confuse awareness within the comics-reading community with real-world awareness.

If you go out on the street in the real world with a list of 100 comic book character names and surveyed passers-by, all of them would probably have heard of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Spider-Man. A lot of them would likely be aware of the Hulk, Captain America, and most of the characters who appeared in the X-Men films.

But, beyond that, only us comic geeks have any awareness of any of them. And we are a mighty small minority!

Kujo
07-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Think is though, while its all well and good getting Jim Lee on board, do you not think it will saturate the market with yet another Logan and punisher etc etc etc.

boy, i'm glad i'm not huge on marvel, lol

Kujo
07-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Even IF they do, most of the people who have the money available to spend on statues are older than Cable's primary demographic. He might be able to move some MB, but maybe not enough FS to make it financially viable to produce one. I'm not saying he definitely couldn't, but I'm skeptical of his chances.

And don't confuse awareness within the comics-reading community with real-world awareness.

If you go out on the street in the real world with a list of 100 comic book character names and surveyed passers-by, all of them would probably have heard of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Spider-Man. A lot of them would likely be aware of the Hulk, Captain America, and most of the characters who appeared in the X-Men films.

But, beyond that, only us comic geeks have any awareness of any of them. And we are a mighty small minority!

I have to agree, and i think most people will have only heard of them because they have a movie about them

msw313
07-19-2007, 02:06 PM
I have to agree, and i think most people will have only heard of them because they have a movie about themExactly my point. Without the X-Men movies, there MIGHT be some marginal awareness of Wolverine, but that's about it for the team. X-Men #1 (1991 version) was one of the biggest-selling comic books of all time, but Joe and Jane Public are only aware of the X-Men because they had 3 movies.

cougartrace
07-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Exactly my point. Without the X-Men movies, there MIGHT be some marginal awareness of Wolverine, but that's about it for the team. X-Men #1 (1991 version) was one of the biggest-selling comic books of all time, but Joe and Jane Public are only aware of the X-Men because they had 3 movies.

wow, I disagree with this. X-MEN team is probably the most storied team in comics.

Most kids watched the cartoons, comics, and now movies.

Kujo
07-19-2007, 02:17 PM
kids watching the cartoon and paying 150-200 bucks for a statue are two very different things

DSET
07-19-2007, 02:21 PM
more like 250 plus shipping:thumbs2:

Kujo
07-19-2007, 02:22 PM
exactly

cougartrace
07-19-2007, 02:22 PM
kids watching the cartoon and paying 150-200 bucks for a statue are two very different things

not when those kids are adults now..lol

Kujo
07-19-2007, 02:44 PM
i guess, i still can't see them doing the full team though. I used to watch the cartoons as a kid and loved them, but i would only be interested really in a wolvie and cyclopse... maybe gambit if he was done well.

cougartrace
07-19-2007, 02:46 PM
now you are talking..Gambit screams for a PF :buttrock:

BigLeagueChu
07-19-2007, 02:57 PM
I don't see a full team either, unless it's like Astonishing X-men where you get the team by 3 or 4 dios. Either way, Jim Lee X-men :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

xreynoldsxcorex
07-19-2007, 06:54 PM
Maybe they will make a series of dios based off the cover to issue 1. So I actually will have something to do with the fifty copies of each cover and the foldout.

BigLeagueChu
07-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Maybe they will make a series of dios based off the cover to issue 1. So I actually will have something to do with the fifty copies of each cover and the foldout.

:laugh: I've got a bunch of each cover too.

Asgardian
07-19-2007, 07:02 PM
I hope they will make dio of Wolverine vs Omega Red Lee style!:thumbs2:

Storm Lover
07-19-2007, 10:16 PM
The greatest X-Men team ever. Sideshow would truely outshine the competition with Jim Lee's X-Team.

Please make it happen.

ilas
07-19-2007, 10:37 PM
The Newsletter reveals what he will be doing.

I briefly looked at it but it appears to be art.

Batman and Robin I think.

He will be doing autographs for 1 hour at SS Booth.

ilas
07-19-2007, 10:40 PM
2 Free autos per person

BigLeagueChu
07-19-2007, 10:50 PM
He's also usually at the DC booth signing or sketching too.

msw313
07-20-2007, 12:03 AM
The Newsletter reveals what he will be doing.

I briefly looked at it but it appears to be art.

Batman and Robin I think.

He will be doing autographs for 1 hour at SS Booth.
Sideshow has some kind of deal to distribute giclees of Lee's art.

Whoopee! :peoples:

Nothing like a harsh smack with the reality stick to ruin perfectly good speculation! :stick:

DSET
07-20-2007, 12:08 AM
so sideshow is distributing Jim Lee Lithographs and Giclee's
Hopefully they have cheaper prices but I doubt it

looks like no Jim lee line after all

the good thing about this is now SS is selling some DC related products

who knows maybe one day we may see a Batman PF :thumbs2:

cougartrace
07-20-2007, 08:39 AM
Sideshow has some kind of deal to distribute giclees of Lee's art.

Whoopee! :peoples:

Nothing like a harsh smack with the reality stick to ruin perfectly good speculation! :stick:

dam..I knew SS couldn't step out of the box :banghead:

Black Cat
07-20-2007, 02:12 PM
lol I hate to say I told you so but.........I told you so! :)

Juggernaut
07-20-2007, 04:17 PM
I was hopinh very much for a Jim Lee X-Men line.

The good news about the Jim Lee license is that the ciglee's are DC, so maybe a DC and or PF comicquettes will happen.

msw313
07-20-2007, 05:02 PM
I was hopinh very much for a Jim Lee X-Men line.

The good news about the Jim Lee license is that the ciglee's are DC, so maybe a DC and or PF comicquettes will happen.Except the giclees are already licensed and produced by Clampett Studios (I think), rather than an actual DC product, and Sideshow is just distributing. :(

Bullseye
07-20-2007, 05:54 PM
I am very interested in his Giclees. I hope we get to see a Wonder Woman and Power Girl soon.

DSET
07-20-2007, 07:28 PM
the giclee they displayed is a pis poor decision
it looks average at best:(
theres 10thousand other illustrations of his that a superior to that one:confused:

they didnt even take the popular batman design:banghead:
they used one of the rare illustrations he did of him with armor'd gauntlets Good Choice SS: :stick:

xreynoldsxcorex
07-24-2007, 02:16 AM
"We regret to inform SDCC attendees that Jim Lee will not be able to autograph at our booth, as previously announced, due to scheduling conflicts."

bummer

cougartrace
07-24-2007, 08:30 AM
negotiations broke down :)

BigLeagueChu
07-24-2007, 08:36 AM
no biggie, if you really want him, goto the dc booth.

LoD
07-25-2007, 06:59 PM
fyi -

Thousand Oaks, California (July, 2007) - Sideshow Collectibles is proud to announce a new distribution relationship with Clampett Studio Collections. Sideshow will expand its range of high-end print collectibles with the paper gicleé and canvas print collectibles from Clampett, including characters from Harry Potter and DC Comics. Clampett carefully selects masterworks from the most famed artists of today, with pieces ranging from Alex Ross's work on Justice League to Mary GrandPre's whimsical Harry Potter illustrations.

To celebrate the forging of this new relationship, Clampett has granted Sideshow exclusive first opportunity rights to distribute an incredible piece created by famed artist Jim Lee. This original artwork features the characters Batman and Robin, tentatively titled Gotham's Crusaders, which will be available in both gicleé and canvas editions, priced at $450.00 and $875.00, and limited to edition sizes of 250 and 100 pieces respectively. The print will be available exclusively from Sideshow for a period of 45 days.

LoD
07-25-2007, 07:01 PM
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m299/lod-statueforum/duo.jpg

Red X
07-25-2007, 07:01 PM
fyi -

Thousand Oaks, California (July, 2007) - Sideshow Collectibles is proud to announce a new distribution relationship with Clampett Studio Collections. Sideshow will expand its range of high-end print collectibles with the paper gicleé and canvas print collectibles from Clampett, including characters from Harry Potter and DC Comics. Clampett carefully selects masterworks from the most famed artists of today, with pieces ranging from Alex Ross's work on Justice League to Mary GrandPre's whimsical Harry Potter illustrations.

To celebrate the forging of this new relationship, Clampett has granted Sideshow exclusive first opportunity rights to distribute an incredible piece created by famed artist Jim Lee. This original artwork features the characters Batman and Robin, tentatively titled Gotham's Crusaders, which will be available in both gicleé and canvas editions, priced at $450.00 and $875.00, and limited to edition sizes of 250 and 100 pieces respectively. The print will be available exclusively from Sideshow for a period of 45 days.

Right $500 bucks for a print...

LoD
07-25-2007, 07:02 PM

i agree, just posted the print, doesn't look "jim lee" ish to me

Red X
07-25-2007, 07:07 PM
i agree, just posted the print, doesn't look "jim lee" ish to me

It's nothing to write home about...

Ink
07-25-2007, 09:07 PM