PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360 died

bullethole
07-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Well,it finally happened .Three flashing red lights...I knew exactly what it meant the minute I saw it ....and on my birthday of all days .I'm really pi$$ed at microsoft right now .I have never had a console die on me and I've owned them all.

cma3
07-19-2007, 09:46 AM
be happy that the warranty has been auto extended. ship that b17ch back and have them fix it. nothing else you can do.

the sad part is that not only did microsoft know about this...but this "function" was actually built in.

phrmcst
07-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Mine died several months ago, but MS did a good job of getting a refab unit back to me in about 8 days and it runs much smoother (less noise) than my previous unit and I could not tell that it was a refab unit (no dings or scratches) except that the serial number was different.

snappahead
07-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Microsoft's really got their hands full with this problem. Geez. It's a testoment to their CS that this problem hasn't ruined them. It's a potentially crippling PR fiasco that doesn't even seem to be effecting sales very much. I'm holding out on getting another 360 for a new unit that has less chances of this mess happening to it. Hopefully not too long, cause Halo 3 acomin!

Venom4131
07-19-2007, 01:24 PM
You guys are missing the point of the thread.

Happy birthday, bullethole.

snappahead
07-19-2007, 01:56 PM
You guys are missing the point of the thread.

Happy birthday, bullethole.

Upstage me will you?! Damn it. Happy BDay, Bullethole! I guess it's too late for that with a busted stinkin 360. I've heard that some people have unplugged it for a while and tried again and sometimes it works again for a while? Don't know if it'll work or if it's even worth it for you, but what can you do. At least they'll take care of it for you.

Sgt Taz
07-19-2007, 04:24 PM
:happybirt

Dont sweat it too hard about your 360. Had the same thing happened and recieved a new one about a week later.

I also owned evey console imaginable and wasted 2 psone's and 3 (yes 3!) ps2's. Admitted they had same serious game time on the counter :thumbs2:

tuv1305
07-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Sucks to have this happen on your birthday (Happy birthday!) but I wouldn't sweat it too much...shipped my second busted 360 out Monday and so far I've always had pretty good experiences with Microsoft's customer service.

Tao
07-19-2007, 05:12 PM
I am waiting to get mine back right now.

Sorry about the timing on your b-day.

bullethole
07-19-2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the b-day wishes ...I have a PS3 to back up or I'd be homicidal/suicidal right now ..lol.They're sending me a shipping box ,hopefully it wont take a month to get my X-box back. This has happened to more than one of my friends . I read that there are hundreds of factors that can cause the "red ring of death",meaning I can get the console back and have this problem sometime all over again :(

Ink
07-19-2007, 09:00 PM
Hopefully not too long, cause Halo 3 acomin!

:buttrock: :buttrock: