PDA

View Full Version : What's this all about?! Weird FlexPay email

Poisonous
07-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Just received this email, which is weird as i've never purchased an item through FlexPay:

"Dear Sideshow Collector,

Our records indicate that you are a Sideshow collector who has chosen to participate in our convenient FlexPay program and that we recently charged you for an installment on your item.

Our processing department has informed us that although they had posted the charge to your credit card for this order, that your banking institution / credit card company never received the transmission in order to be able to complete the transaction and post it against your account. This means that although we attempted to put the charge through, you never actually had the funds deducted from your account. Therefore, Sideshow Collectibles will be reposting the charge information to your banking institution / credit card company within the next 48 hours in order to correctly charge your account for the flex payment for your item.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have created for you. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this matter.

To respond to this email message, please contact us at one of the telephone numbers listed below.

Best regards,

The Processing Department team"

Will call on Monday but anyone had this happen to them before?

Getting worried they'll charge me for something i haven't ordered or that one of my orders have been mislabeled or something.

Doc Sonic
07-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Weird-definitley give them a call and review your orders online to make sure you didn't accidently order something flex pay.

Poisonous
07-20-2007, 09:20 PM
Have checked now and i have definitely not ordered anything via FlexPay.

Sgt Taz
07-20-2007, 09:20 PM
Weird, just cancel all your orders.

:laugh:

Doc Sonic
07-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Did you order something flex pay then cancel? If not, it's probably just an email mix up.

lockford88
07-20-2007, 09:22 PM
i just got the same exact email and have nothing ordered on flexpay....something is not right....

Poisonous
07-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Weird, just cancel all your orders.

Thought about it then finally decided against it.

lockford, glad i'm not alone at least :laugh:

Trilogy
07-21-2007, 05:06 AM
I would just ignore it, if you have no flexpay items.
Probably just an admin error on Sideshows part.

geto10
07-21-2007, 06:42 AM
Still I would give them a call :)

Ryanfromindiana
07-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Same e-mail here....weird.

Krypto
07-21-2007, 11:03 AM
I have the same email with nothing on order with flexpay

Statuesque Fellow
07-21-2007, 11:13 AM
"Dear Sideshow Collector,

All your credit cards are belong to us.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have created for you. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this matter.

To respond to this email message, please contact us at one of the telephone numbers listed below.

Best regards,

The Processing Department team"

Poisonous
08-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Here's the explanation i received from Cindy just now:

"Hi Rich,

On a daily basis we send information to our credit card processing company for all of the cards that we’ve charged. The credit card processing company is supposed to use that information to transfer the necessary funds from our customer’s bank accounts to our bank account.

However, on June 11th, 12th and 15th they failed to process this information and the amounts were never debited from our customer’s accounts. In short, no one paid for their items on those three days.

Notices were sent to everyone who had an order invoiced on one of those days- regular notices for the regular orders and FlexPay specific notices for the FlexPay orders. Unfortunately the rep who was responsible for emailing everyone accidentally sent the FlexPay notices to the customer’s with regular orders and vice versa. Both emails convey the same idea, their wording is just different.

This means that you weren’t actually charged for the Exclusive White Queen Maquette that was invoiced on June 11th and on top of that, you were sent a really confusing email about it.

We were waiting on the processing company to put all of the cards through again but it’s been well over a month and they still haven’t done anything about it. Finally, they contacted us last Friday and told us that we’ll have to manually re-charge each and every credit card for the proper amount. Slowly but surely the two reps authorized to manually charge credit cards are processing the amounts that were supposed to go through on June 11th, 12th and 15th."