PDA

View Full Version : The best Fall line up in history

snappahead
07-22-2007, 04:53 AM
Man. This line up of games for the Fall/ Holiday season has to be the greatest list in the history of gaming. If you've got a 360 or PS3 or both, there's a tidal wave of games coming at you that's unlike anything I can remember. This to me is the first true "next gen" fall season and it's going to be a doozy. I'm going broke just thinking about it. Let's go down the list a bit.

Halo 3
Call of Duty 4 (My personal fav!)
Lair
Bioshock
Metroid Prime 3(Wii's got good stuff too)
Mass Effect
Heavenly Sword
Ratchet and Clank
Uncharted
Blue Dragon
Blacksite Area 51
Stranglehold (looks way cooler than I thought)
GTA IV
Assassins Creed
Brothers in Arms
Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Warhawk
Half Life 2 Orange Box
Guitar Hero III
Rock Band
Skate
Timeshift
Mercenaries 2
Army of Two
Kane and Lynch
Unreal Tournament 3
And the list goes on......

When I look at this list I know that there's going to be at least 4 or 5 that don't come out when theyr'e suppose to, but even still....what a season! It's a great time to be a FPS and shooter fan:) This list is Basically August through December. Almost every major title that the current consoles have in there arsenal will be unleashed in the span of 4 and a half months.

The only major titles that won't make it are Metal Gear Solid 4 and Killzone 2 for the PS3 and Resident Evil 5 and Devil May Cry 4. I'm sure there's more, but it's still a crazy list of releases. It's a great (and horrible) time to be a gamer.

snappahead
07-22-2007, 04:57 AM
This isn't even counting the downloadable games that'll no doubt bombard XBOX Live, Wii console and Playstation Store. Oy!

Sgt Taz
07-22-2007, 05:03 AM
Yeah some big titles coming out. I only wish they would spread them more. June-july and the bigger part of august are alway lame months. I know it's marketing, with the hollidays gamers buy less games but still, if they would at least release one big title every month it would probably sell more than when it's released the same month as 5 other big titles.

snappahead
07-22-2007, 05:14 AM
Yeah some big titles coming out. I only wish they would spread them more. June-july and the bigger part of august are alway lame months. I know it's marketing, with the hollidays gamers buy less games but still, if they would at least release one big title every month it would probably sell more than when it's released the same month as 5 other big titles.

I totally agree with you on that. I've always been confused by this tactic. Why release your big guns when everyone else is so it can get lost in the crowd when you could release it in summer when there's little to no competition and the gamers are starving for good games? Nveer made much sense to me. But there's SO many games coming out this fall that it'll take until summer to play them all so i guess it could be worse hehe. It's win/win this year I suppose.

Ink
07-22-2007, 06:40 AM
HALO 3:buttrock: :buttrock:

Wayne Industries
07-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Halo 3, Lair, and Assassin's Creed are my top three from that list...it's a gonna be an expensive fall season for gamers. :)

twinzs
07-22-2007, 03:26 PM
Halo 3, GTA 4, mario galaxy, smash bros, guitar hero/ rockband. i gotta start saving

scott
07-22-2007, 04:13 PM
HALO 3:buttrock: :buttrock:

I'am thinking that too.:)

snappahead
07-22-2007, 05:32 PM
I WAS really siked about Halo 3 but now I'm just looking forward to playing it and that's about it. The online is full of tools (the kid to adult ratio blows in Halo)and the campaign was a disappointment last time, so I don't know. Call of Duty 4 has me pumped. So does Uncharted and Assassans Creed. Brothers in Arms has been a great series and I think the new one's gonna be sweet and Stranglehold is looking like a blast.

Ink
07-22-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm also lookin forward to call of duty 4 as well

Justin
07-23-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm pumped about Smash Brothers. it's going to be insane to be able to play that online! :thumbs2:

cougartrace
07-23-2007, 10:47 AM
This is a great lineup.

However, BioShock and Call of Duty 4 will be much better on the PC than on consoles.

El Diablo
07-23-2007, 12:43 PM
I must remember to book a few months of my life off when halo 3 & GTA IV get released :buttrock:

snappahead
07-23-2007, 02:25 PM
This is a great lineup.

However, BioShock and Call of Duty 4 will be much better on the PC than on consoles.

Well, that depends greatly on your PC hehe. Mine's fairly new and these games will still probably run poorly on it unless I drop the settings way down. PC gaming is great, but it costs alot to keep up with it.

Kujo
07-23-2007, 02:45 PM
There is no way i'm gonna spend £400-500 upgrading my PC for 2-3 games. Its just not worth it these days. If that sort of line up was coming for PC, i'd be happy to. PC games seem to be getting waaaaay behind the times

loricstone
07-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Man. This line up of games for the Fall/ Holiday season has to be the greatest list in the history of gaming. If you've got a 360 or PS3 or both, there's a tidal wave of games coming at you that's unlike anything I can remember. This to me is the first true "next gen" fall season and it's going to be a doozy. I'm going broke just thinking about it. Let's go down the list a bit.

Halo 3
Call of Duty 4 (My personal fav!)
LairBioshock
Metroid Prime 3(Wii's got good stuff too)
Mass Effect
Heavenly Sword
Ratchet and Clank
Uncharted
Blue Dragon
Blacksite Area 51
Stranglehold (looks way cooler than I thought)
GTA IV
Assassins Creed
Brothers in Arms
Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Warhawk
Half Life 2 Orange Box
Guitar Hero III
Rock BandSkate
Timeshift
Mercenaries 2
Army of Two
Kane and Lynch
Unreal Tournament 3
And the list goes on......

When I look at this list I know that there's going to be at least 4 or 5 that don't come out when theyr'e suppose to, but even still....what a season! It's a great time to be a FPS and shooter fan:) This list is Basically August through December. Almost every major title that the current consoles have in there arsenal will be unleashed in the span of 4 and a half months.

The only major titles that won't make it are Metal Gear Solid 4 and Killzone 2 for the PS3 and Resident Evil 5 and Devil May Cry 4. I'm sure there's more, but it's still a crazy list of releases. It's a great (and horrible) time to be a gamer.

To me, a handful of those games aren't worth playing, and about 90% aren't worth buying! Here's a recommendation to all you video game heads on these boards, rent from Gamefly! In fact, there are only a handful of titles for 360 that I own, and none for the PS3!

That PS3 is a huge disappointment for games. There are only three games worth playing! Anyways, the games I highlighted in bold are the games worth playing!

Maybe my lack of enthusiasm for games may be due to me just getting older and growing out of them. I find myself to have much less patience with most of these games. I want something I can instantly jump into. The fact I am not a FPS fan does not help either. I admit, those games look pretty, but I like to see my characters fully (Gears of War).

Give me fun button mashers like Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and many of the old XBLA games like Prince of Persia. I've always preferred 2D sidescrollers. Don't get me wrong, there are some phenomenal 3D games (Zelda, Metroid, Gears of War, etc.), but overall, most games just take too much time to get into or are just plain boring!

*NOTE* GTA is the most overhyped piece of crap in the history of games! JMHO! I know many of my friends echo those sentiments, and we are/were hardcore gamers since the Atari 2600 days! The best gaming days was during the Super NES and Genesis days! Give me more pseudo 2D/3D games, please!

Ink
07-23-2007, 05:14 PM
To me, a handful of those games aren't worth playing, and about 90% aren't worth buying! Here's a recommendation to all you video game heads on these boards, rent from Gamefly! In fact, there are only a handful of titles for 360 that I own, and none for the PS3!

That PS3 is a huge disappointment for games. There are only three games worth playing! Anyways, the games I highlighted in bold are the games worth playing!

Maybe my lack of enthusiasm for games may be due to me just getting older and growing out of them. I find myself to have much less patience with most of these games. I want something I can instantly jump into. The fact I am not a FPS fan does not help either. I admit, those games look pretty, but I like to see my characters fully (Gears of War).

Give me fun button mashers like Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and many of the old XBLA games like Prince of Persia. I've always preferred 2D sidescrollers. Don't get me wrong, there are some phenomenal 3D games (Zelda, Metroid, Gears of War, etc.), but overall, most games just take too much time to get into or are just plain boring!

*NOTE* GTA is the most overhyped piece of crap in the history of games! JMHO! I know many of my friends echo those sentiments, and we are/were hardcore gamers since the Atari 2600 days! The best gaming days was during the Super NES and Genesis days! Give me more pseudo 2D/3D games, please!

lol what's hard about gears of war? all ya have to do is point & shoot

xreynoldsxcorex
07-24-2007, 02:04 AM
*NOTE* GTA is the most overhyped piece of crap in the history of games!!

I agree!

loricstone
07-24-2007, 06:53 AM
lol what's hard about gears of war? all ya have to do is point & shoot

It's not hard! That is what I love about Gears of War! :laugh: It is easy to get into, even though there is a small learning curve!

Gears of War is easily one of the best games I've played in my entire life of video games!

snappahead
07-24-2007, 07:54 AM
Hehe..well, different strokes. I for one LOVE FPS games, so I'm gonna be in hog heaven. Loric, being a 2D nut, you should check out Odin Sphere. It's a new PS2 action/rpg with gorgeous 2D graphics. It's a sidescroller with rpg elements in it. Pretty damn cool.

I agree about GTA. To me, it's a great idea that tech hasn't caught up with yet. The sandbox game won't truely be realized for a long time. I think it's a great idea though.

As for GoW...I was a bit disappointed. It's beautiful, but doesn't have much legs. I like simplicity, but this one didn't grab me like it did so many others.

cougartrace
07-24-2007, 08:50 AM
There is no way i'm gonna spend £400-500 upgrading my PC for 2-3 games. Its just not worth it these days. If that sort of line up was coming for PC, i'd be happy to. PC games seem to be getting waaaaay behind the times

I don't have to upgrade all the time, but if these are Games for Windows. Console players will have no luck against PC players..

RichBamf
07-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Is Fable 2 out as well, if so thats the game i'm most looking forward to. :D

snappahead
07-24-2007, 09:37 AM

You've got a while to wait on that one. It'll probably be out this time next year:thumbsdow

RichBamf
07-24-2007, 09:46 AM
You've got a while to wait on that one. It'll probably be out this time next year:thumbsdow

I know it was originally announced for this fall, but I had suspicions that it would be put back, especially with all the stuff they're supposedly putting into it. :(

Sgt Taz
07-24-2007, 11:52 AM
While were talking about next years games, let's not forget Alan Wake :buttrock:

...dont know if you've seen the latest of it, if not, do!

Merlose
07-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Anybody know when the new Fire Emblem for Wii is coming out? I was obssesed with the GameCube one and can't wait for the new one.

bat_collector
07-24-2007, 02:56 PM
what's assasins' creed about?

Venom4131
07-24-2007, 03:57 PM
Halo 3 is all you need.

Ink
07-24-2007, 04:03 PM

I loved fable 1:thumbs2:

Kidwith dignity
07-24-2007, 05:37 PM
hey i mean gta4 is hyped up for a reason.... ppl like destruction (and thats not all it has to offer) but my list will be gta4 halo3 and smash bros ... If i ever get a wii

Wayne Industries
07-24-2007, 07:34 PM
what's assasins' creed about?

Looks good. :thumbs2: http://www.gametrailers.com/game/2581.html

snappahead
07-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Yeah, Assassins Creed looks really good. Noone knows for sure what it's actually about. The game takes place in more than one time period apparently. Modern day and a very long time ago. Sounds strange, but the game is looking pretty strong.

snappahead
07-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Anybody know when the new Fire Emblem for Wii is coming out? I was obssesed with the GameCube one and can't wait for the new one.

Have they announced a new Fire Emblem? That'd be a great game for the Wii controls.

I finally found and bought a Wii today. What a cool little system. The control feels wierd at first, but it becomes very intuitive after a while. The whole system just wreaks of potential. Hope the developers can take advantage of that.

loricstone
07-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Hehe..well, different strokes. I for one LOVE FPS games, so I'm gonna be in hog heaven. Loric, being a 2D nut, you should check out Odin Sphere. It's a new PS2 action/rpg with gorgeous 2D graphics. It's a sidescroller with rpg elements in it. Pretty damn cool.

I agree about GTA. To me, it's a great idea that tech hasn't caught up with yet. The sandbox game won't truely be realized for a long time. I think it's a great idea though.

As for GoW...I was a bit disappointed. It's beautiful, but doesn't have much legs. I like simplicity, but this one didn't grab me like it did so many others.

Yeah, Snappa, my friends were telling me about it too. It is indeed on my Gamefly rental list! I would buy a few more games if I didn't have this statue hobby to pay for. :)

loricstone
07-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Have they announced a new Fire Emblem? That'd be a great game for the Wii controls.

I finally found and bought a Wii today. What a cool little system. The control feels wierd at first, but it becomes very intuitive after a while. The whole system just wreaks of potential. Hope the developers can take advantage of that.

I had bought one and sold it the next day. Not because I didn't like it, but I am waiting for them to make a black one. Everything in my room, from my TV to my receiver, PS3 and 360 Elite is black. I just couldn't stomach the white. It would completely throw off the decor!:) I would be mainly gettin the Wii for the few older gamecube games I never got to play (RE4, Metroid PRime 1 and Echoes, and Tales of Symphonia).

Merlose
07-25-2007, 01:47 AM

YEah its out in Japan already. Sothe from the previous game is the lead character this time around.

thecallahan
07-25-2007, 09:04 AM
What I'll probably do is just buy one or two from this list, play them for a while then six months down the line, buy a lot of them for cheap, either because of reduced prices / deals I find / or get them used. I got in the bad habit a little bit ago to buy like 5 games in the span of three weeks and never finish one of them. :thumbsdow

Not doing that again, waste of money.

htwhlr
07-25-2007, 02:44 PM
COD4 !!! Can't wait!!:buttrock:

snappahead
07-25-2007, 07:19 PM
COD4 !!! Can't wait!!:buttrock:

If I could only pick one from this list..it'd be CoD 4. So siked about this game.

Red X
07-27-2007, 08:08 PM
CoD4 looks so much better than both Haze and UT3.

Fantastic!:buttrock: