PDA

View Full Version : Buffy Animated Statues

JasonTD
07-22-2007, 03:02 PM
I'm starting this thread so that we can talk about the new Buffy animated statue(s) that will be shown by Sideshow / Electric Tiki at Comic Con. The Indiana Jones thread was veering into Buffy-dom, and I didn't want to jack any more of that thread's thunder, so... Buffy. Discuss! There's a pic of the Buffy maquette at this link:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/comiccon/2007/07/sneak-peek-side.html#comments

Based on that pic, I think the statue might be from the musical episode, "Once More With Feeling." The outfit matches the scene towards the end when Buffy beats up the puppet demons at the Bronze with a pool stick.

I'm really excited for this line, but I'm a bit underwhelmed by the lack of likeness. Maybe it was a licensing issue, who knows? But I really like the rest of the piece, from what I can see, and I'm glad she's more dynamically posed than most of the animated statues Electric Tiki's sculpted. Anybody have more info about what other characters are being done for this line? I'd love to see Faith, Giles, Willow, etc. A Gentleman animated statue would be so frickin awesome, too. If the license extends to Angel characters, Lorne would look great animated as well.

Endless Wake
07-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Here are some more;

http://www.electrictiki.com/tooned-up/buffy.html

Ink
07-22-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm starting this thread so that we can talk about the new Buffy animated statue(s) that will be shown by Sideshow / Electric Tiki at Comic Con. The Indiana Jones thread was veering into Buffy-dom, and I didn't want to jack any more of that thread's thunder, so... Buffy. Discuss! There's a pic of the Buffy maquette at this link:

Based on that pic, I think the statue might be from the musical episode, "Once More With Feeling." The outfit matches the scene towards the end when Buffy beats up the puppet demons at the Bronze with a pool stick.

I'm really excited for this line, but I'm a bit underwhelmed by the lack of likeness. Maybe it was a licensing issue, who knows? But I really like the rest of the piece, from what I can see, and I'm glad she's more dynamically posed than most of the animated statues Electric Tiki's sculpted. Anybody have more info about what other characters are being done for this line? I'd love to see Faith, Giles, Willow, etc. A Gentleman animated statue would be so frickin awesome, too. If the license extends to Angel characters, Lorne would look great animated as well.

it does look like its from once more with feeling

a master FS needs to be done as well

risingstar
07-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Love it!

:)

rilynil
07-22-2007, 03:47 PM
I'm really excited about these! I can't wait to see more. :buttrock:

Gir
07-22-2007, 03:49 PM
I will just repost the comments I made at the Freaks board (I have a different name over there)...

It sounds like the other Buffy statue will be based on a late Season 7 episode. I assume Buffy will be wielding the scythe. If you ask me, Sideshow/Electric Tiki should put the S7 Buffy up for pre-order before the one pictured above. You want the line to start off on the right foot, and assuming the S7 statue comes with the scythe, I can pretty much guarantee that it will sell better than the pictured one. The S7 one should also have a larger edition size than the one pictured above.

If only two Buffy statues are released, then we are going to end up with a Buffy holding a pool cue instead of a more iconic weapon such as a stake. If that turns out to be the case, then in my opinion, Sideshow/Electric Tiki has made a mistake. If this line is going to thrive, then every statue needs to be a winner. The statue pictured above is pretty cool, but there is a better statue out there waiting to be made.

Tracy's letter at SlayAlive...

We've got 2 Buffy designs, 2 Willow and Caleb approved. It's doubtful we will see Caleb come to fruition unless the line does really well. We may do him as an exclusive somewhere. I know he's not the most popular villain, but he's a favorite of mine as well as a good companion piece to "one" of the Buffy's. Two Spike designs are in for approval now and am working on another favorite villain (that would be a great companion piece for one of the Willows) and will probably work on Faith or Angel next. I doubt we'll be premiering approved designs on our site, just the finished prototypes. We are working hard to get one of the Buffy's finished for display at Comic Con. Hope that catches you up.

Releasing Caleb as anything other than an exclusive would be a huge mistake. The Master would be a better companion piece for Buffy because the Master actually looks interesting. Caleb just looks like a priest.

Ink
07-22-2007, 03:52 PM
hmmm....a caleb FS

interesting:)

Gir
07-22-2007, 03:58 PM
I guess a Caleb statue could be a little bit cool if he has black eyes, but still, the character isn't that popular, so he's just not going to sell all that well. And you don't want to hurt the line when it's just getting off the ground.

Sorry if I sound negative/pessimistic, but I have the feeling that it won't take more than a few bad calls to drive this line into the ground. And I don't want to see that happen!

Ink
07-22-2007, 04:01 PM
I guess a Caleb statue could be a little bit cool if he has black eyes, but still, the character isn't that popular, so he's just not going to sell all that well. And you don't want to hurt the line when it's just getting off the ground.

if they wanna get a good line going electric tiki needs

buffy
faith
angel
spike
willow/evil willow
xander
the master
the gentlemen

Gir
07-22-2007, 04:03 PM
And Giles at some point =) Your list is pretty darn good though.

Ink
07-22-2007, 04:05 PM
And Giles at some point =) Your list is pretty darn good though.

dammit, I forgot giles:banghead:

Gir
07-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Don't worry, everybody does :(

Ink
07-22-2007, 04:08 PM
it would be cool to get the first slayer as well, but that would be waaay down the line

Ink
07-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Don't worry, everybody does :(

maybe if he was in more episodes, he would be remembered more

Gir
07-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I'd definitely put statues such as Cordelia, Oz, Werewolf Oz, Anya, Tara, and Dawn ahead of the first Slayer.

Gir
07-22-2007, 04:12 PM
HOLY POOP...I feel like such a goober. I just noticed that Buffy has a stake in her left hand!!! I may buy this statue afterall.

Ink
07-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I'd definitely put statues such as Cordelia, Oz, Werewolf Oz, Anya, Tara, and Dawn ahead of the first Slayer.

werewolf oz would be sweet

JasonTD
07-22-2007, 04:17 PM
That info from Tracy sounds very interesting. I wonder who the other villain would be that could be paired with Willow. The only Willow-specific villain that immediately jumps to mind is Warren, but he wouldn't make an interesting statue. He'd just be a nerdy looking guy, unless they did the flayed version, which doesn't seem like it would fit in an animated line. Hm... Maybe the villain is a Dopplegangland Willow?

Ink
07-22-2007, 04:21 PM
That info from Tracy sounds very interesting. I wonder who the other villain would be that could be paired with Willow. The only Willow-specific villain that immediately jumps to mind is Warren, but he wouldn't make an interesting statue. He'd just be a nerdy looking guy, unless they did the flayed version, which doesn't seem like it would fit in an animated line. Hm... Maybe the villain is a Dopplegangland Willow?

I'll have to rewatch the buffy seasons again, I think willow fought somebody major other than warren

Gir
I couldn't come up with a good companion villain for Willow, but now that you mention it, Doppelganger Willow would probably be the best choice. I guess Amy and Glory are potential candidates, but they both look about as bland as Warren does.

Meta Jon
Does anyone know the size these are going to be?
rough price?
These might be seeing the inside of my house

Ink
07-22-2007, 04:22 PM
Does anyone know the size these are going to be?
rough price?
These might be seeing the inside of my house

prolly 12" maybe $125ish?

Vracula
07-22-2007, 04:31 PM
i dont understand this love for buffy the vampire slayer .I love vampires and have been into vampires since i was 10 yet when i see this series i feel like blowing my brains out.

glassdancer
07-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Now I see whay GG is making the Mace Windu the LAST of the Animated series,....and all I can say is, although I am sad to see them stop as I truly have enjoyed them......GOOD FOR THEM for stopping the line. It's linda lame that everyone can't be original and needs to jump on the "animated bandwagon!" It really takes the "special-ness" out of the Clone Ward maquettes.

Even though, I absolutely LOVE the Star Wars animated maquettes and have really enjoyed collecting them, when they started to make characters that were NOT represented in the Animted Clone Wars series,..it started to lose it's credibility for me.....Trust me, the Leia and R2 are GREAT!!! and the 3PO with the Jawa is very creative, but even if it were a 3PO with an R@, that would have been more credible as they were seen together toward the end of the clone wars.....Fett is cool too, but when X-Wing Pilot Luke came out and then the Trooper and Vader, it was like,..."ok, enough's enough!!" Then of course, we started to see the Lord of the Rings, etc.....

I mean, I do understand why they have made the X-Evolution series,....it's appropriate, but to go overboard with the LOTR and now Buffy!!!!???

Again, just my opinion, but I am Glad that GG is now taking a step backward to STOP the series. They've done an excellent job and it's best to "bow down" when you are in fact at the top of your game, let alone, the "leader of the pack or in this case, the leader of a "trend!"

candyrocket786
07-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Now I see whay GG is making the Mace Windu the LAST of the Animated series,....and all I can say is, although I am sad to see them stop as I truly have enjoyed them......GOOD FOR THEM for stopping the line. It's linda lame that everyone can't be original and needs to jump on the "animated bandwagon!" It really takes the "special-ness" out of the Clone Ward maquettes.
Even though, I absolutely LOVE the Star Wars animated maquettes and have really enjoyed collecting them, when they started to make characters that were NOT represented in the Animted Clone Wars series,..it started to lose it's credibility for me.....Trust me, the Leia and R2 are GREAT!!! and the 3PO with the Jawa is very creative, but even if it were a 3PO with an R@, that would have been more credible as they were seen together toward the end of the clone wars.....Fett is cool too, but when X-Wing Pilot Luke came out and then the Trooper and Vader, it was like,..."ok, enough's enough!!" Then of course, we started to see the Lord of the Rings, etc.....

I mean, I do understand why they have made the X-Evolution series,....it's appropriate, but to go overboard with the LOTR and now Buffy!!!!???

Again, just my opinion, but I am Glad that GG is now taking a step backward to STOP the series. They've done an excellent job and it's best to "bow down" when you are in fact at the top of your game, let alone, the "leader of the pack or in this case, the leader of a "trend!"

In my opinion, GG's animated LOTR, Pirates, SW OT and their numerous "variants" took the "special-ness" out of the animated line. :peoples:

Gir
07-22-2007, 11:01 PM
i dont understand this love for buffy the vampire slayer .I love vampires and have been into vampires since i was 10 yet when i see this series i feel like blowing my brains out.

BtVS is heavy on continuity, so you can't just jump in and expect to fully enjoy it. In other words, you need to watch the episodes in order, starting with the first season, which unfortunately has a number of fairly lame episodes. It's still a good season though, and it's fun to watch the main characters get to know one another. The first season basically just sets the stage for the later seasons. Luckily, the first season is shorter than the others, and things really pick up during the second season. So if you watch seasons 1 and 2 and still don't like the show, then you probably never will.

I don't know what kind of show you were expecting, but BtVS has a little bit of everything...fantasy, drama, comedy, horror, romance, action, etc. So if you go in expecting the show to emphasize one genre over another (horror maybe?), you may be disappointed.

By the way, BtVS isn't only about vampires. The Buffy mythology is a lot more complex than that. There are lots of demons, human villains, and a few other surprises.

glassdancer
07-22-2007, 11:04 PM
In my opinion, GG's animated LOTR, Pirates, SW OT and their numerous "variants" took the "special-ness" out of the animated line.

"Amen" to that, Brother!!!!

Black Cat
07-23-2007, 02:19 AM

Then you don't like vampires like you say you do. Watch it from the start. I came in at season 3 and loved it right away.

Black Cat
07-23-2007, 02:29 AM
In my opinion, GG's animated LOTR, Pirates, SW OT and their numerous "variants" took the "special-ness" out of the animated line.

"Amen" to that, Brother!!!!

stop hijacking, this is about buffy :mad:

Ink
07-23-2007, 05:21 AM
stop hijacking, this is about buffy :mad:

yeah:mad:

Justin
07-23-2007, 07:05 AM
These are very very cool! :thumbs2:

Juggernaut
07-23-2007, 09:17 AM
I was hoping for the Buffy animated statue to be more titilating.

risingstar
07-23-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm not sure how well these will do but they look kinda spiffy. The animated line works for me.

cyberpunk12
07-23-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm digging these animated maquettes! I didn't get in to the Star Wars pieces even though I liked the designs. I'm a big fan of the LOTR Gentle Giant sculpts and I'm glad to hear Buffy is joining the ranks via Sideshow. The concept art is very interesting and reminds of Jeff Matsuda's cover work...

http://www.sculptfiction.com/images/buffy41.jpg

cyberpunk12
07-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Vrac- You asked about the appeal of Buffy. Back when the show was originally airing, I had two friends that swore it was the best thing on TV. The whole concept of some preppy chick killing vampires seemed too cheesey to me and I resisted their constant attempts to lure me over on Buffy night.

During the second season, I finally gave in and watched an episode... and really wasn't impressed at all. Several weeks later I tried again and did enjoy it. This lead to another episode and another until I was hooked.

The hook for me wasn't Buffy herself. I actually found her annoying, whiny, or arrogant most of the time. It was the supporting cast that made it must-watch TV for me. The mysterious Angel, the innocent and charming Willow, the comical everyman Xander... as well as Giles, Oz, Cordelia, Spike, Faith, and the list goes on.

This show is one of my favorites to date and had some great writing over the years, particularly seasons two through four.

Gir
07-23-2007, 11:51 AM
I was really skeptical at first, too. I thought the show sounded kind of...fruity. It sounded like something teenage girls would watch. Oddly enough, Joss has stated that when he created the show, he knew a lot of people would be turned off by the title alone. Buffy...the Vampire Slayer? The producers wanted to call the show Slayer instead, but Joss insisted on BtVS because the title encompasses many aspects of the show: fantasy, humor, and action. Joss has also stated that he'd rather make a show that 100 people love than a show that a million people only like (paraphrasing). Unfortunately, a lot of people are missing out on a great show because they haven't given it a fair shot. Oh well, their loss really.

risingstar
07-23-2007, 12:15 PM
I also stayed away for a while because I had figured it was a silly teenage girl tv show. Boy, was I ever wrong.

I was over at a friend's house and he was going oon and on about the show. Now, I respected this guy's opinion to give the show a chance. Within no time at all, I was hooked. The better half and I have watched the entire series on dvd more than once.

Seasons 1-4 were great. Season 6 was pretty good too. Season 5 felt a little forced and long winded. By season 7, you felt the cast was done with the show, especially Gellar. Overall though, it was one of the best TV shows since STNG, B5, and the X-Files.

JasonTD
07-23-2007, 01:44 PM

The trick is that Buffy the Vampire Slayer isn't actually about vampires. It's about life and people and how they relate to each other in extraordinary circumstances that actually mirror the ordinary process of growing up and coming into your own. The show operates on a lot of different levels, and in order to really get into it and appreciate it, you have to stick with it for a number of episodes and really get to know the characters and what they mean to each other and the overall mythology. If you go in just looking for vampires, you'll be disappointed, as they're really just the vehicle for the overall series.

He's just the last of the Clone Wars line. The original series is still going strong, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the prequels end up with a series of animated statues. As for everybody jumping on the animated bandwagon... Electric Tiki (who is making the Buffy pieces) actually was making animated statues long before Gentle Giant got in on it. I personally love that style of statue and can't get enough of it. But really, GG was the second fiddle in this one.

The hook for me wasn't Buffy herself. I actually found her annoying, whiny, or arrogant most of the time. It was the supporting cast that made it must-watch TV for me.

I 100% agree. Buffy was actually my least favorite character. I always was a big fan of Giles and Willow. The Mayor and Faith were my favorite villains of the series.

lord odin
07-23-2007, 01:47 PM
I like Buffy so i`ll see about getting these.

Gir
07-23-2007, 02:23 PM
As for everybody jumping on the animated bandwagon... Electric Tiki (who is making the Buffy pieces) actually was making animated statues long before Gentle Giant got in on it.

Good point. This is definitely true. Electric Tiki's "Tooned-Up" Television Maquettes line is at least 5 years old. BtVS is the 10th series in the line.

Black Cat
07-23-2007, 06:07 PM
yeah:mad:

lol Ink your always funny for some reason :)

Gir
07-24-2007, 01:07 PM
Electric Tiki's website was just updated!

All of the Buffy and Willow designs look fabulous. I especially like Dark Willow. It looks like the regular Willow comes from the episode I suggested for a PF Willow..."Tough Love." Does anyone else think that the Buffy OMWF design actually looks a tad better than the final product? I just like the 2D face better than the 3D one.

And each Buffy maquette will come with two sets of hands including both versions seen.

The pool cue (or scythe) can be replaced with a stake...cool!

Ink
07-24-2007, 03:19 PM

All of the Buffy and Willow designs look fabulous. I especially like Dark Willow. It looks like the regular Willow comes from the episode I suggested for a PF Willow..."Tough Love." Does anyone else think that the Buffy OMWF design actually looks a tad better than the final product? I just like the 2D face better than the 3D one.

The pool cue (or scythe) can be replaced with a stake...cool!

that looks sweet as hell:buttrock:

JasonTD
07-24-2007, 04:15 PM

Ack, the website's not loading for me now. Anybody manage to save pics of the Willows and the other Buffy before it went down?

Gir
07-24-2007, 09:37 PM
It's not working for me either, but the rest of the Electric Tiki site is working...weird. I was at work earlier, so I didn't save the pics.

JasonTD
07-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Maybe they didn't intend to show them off just yet and then realized the link was live.

Gir
07-24-2007, 11:43 PM
It's working now =)

JasonTD
07-25-2007, 01:02 AM
Oh my God. That makes my year. I MUST HAVE THEM ALL!!

JasonTD
07-25-2007, 01:04 AM
I just noticed that the floor / base under Glory's back foot is smashed. I absolutely love that attention to detail.

BigLeagueChu
07-25-2007, 01:04 AM
Wow, I really like these. I was undecided based on the earlier pic of Buffy. But after seeing the full size, and other designs (Dark Willow :buttrock: ), I may be into this whole line. :)

Electric Tiki
07-25-2007, 04:00 AM
Thanks for the input guys and gals. I was so avoiding this thread since i've been killing myself with these designs. It's my biggest challenge since ET started. Never has the microscope been so focused.

I've done close to 200 Buffy (the character, not hte show) ideas alone over the past 6 months. That's another reason why this proccess is so slow. I am now going to take some pills and go to sleep. Just until tomorrow however. There is a Comic con in SD in case anyone hasn't heard. :)

best,

Tracy

Electric Tiki
07-25-2007, 04:02 AM
Oh, and BTW...no B & W Buffy maquettes ever. Promise! Unless of course an epsidode called for it.

best,
Tracy

Gir
07-25-2007, 09:36 AM
Thanks for all your hard work, Tracy. Your finalized 2D designs look great.

Oh, and BTW...no B & W Buffy maquettes ever. Promise! Unless of course an epsidode called for it.

That's good news :thumbs2: I never understood the point or appeal of the Gentle Giant Star Wars ones.

JasonTD
07-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the input guys and gals. I was so avoiding this thread since i've been killing myself with these designs. It's my biggest challenge since ET started. Never has the microscope been so focused.

Thank you so much for making these. Buffy is definitely my favorite TV show of all time, and it's going to translate so perfectly into the animated line. I love the attention to detail I see in the art (Buffy holding a pool cue in the OMWF piece, Glory having broken the floor, etc). Here's hoping for a long, long life for the series and many waves of statues :)

Just wondering... Does your license cover Angel characters as well as Buffy characters? I'm not sure how that whole thing works, but I was just thinking it would be neat to eventually see animated versions of Lorne, Illyria, and maybe an ensemble piece with the Smile Time gang. Either way, you can bank on the fact that I'll be buying every statue.

Awesome news. I don't get the Gentle Giant Star Wars B&W thing. Every time I see one of those, I think "Steamboat Willy" for some reason.

BigLeagueChu
07-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Thanks for chiming in Tracy. Can't wait to see these in person :thumbs2:

IronFist
07-25-2007, 01:06 PM
Giggity! Sign me up for one of everything from this line!

Electric Tiki
07-25-2007, 02:45 PM
No Angel license, but we can do the character Angel as he appeared in Buffy. See you in San Dego.

JasonTD
07-25-2007, 05:16 PM
No Angel license, but we can do the character Angel as he appeared in Buffy. See you in San Dego.

Sounds good :) And I WISH you'd be seeing me in San Diego. I was planning on going for the first time this year but am going to be stuck here in Florida. Maybe next time!

Vracula
07-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Then you don't like vampires like you say you do. Watch it from the start. I came in at season 3 and loved it right away.

oh trust me i do like vampires i have maybe seen 50% of the first season and maybe bits of the rest only if im really bored, i find it an insult to vampires but please ignore me i just hate that image of vampires that this series potrays.

I loved the movie though found it very funny.Maybe i dont like joss wheadons work anyway.

Vracula
07-25-2007, 07:30 PM
If you go in just looking for vampires, you'll be disappointed, as they're really just the vehicle for the overall series.

AHA thats it!!your absolutely 100% right without the vampires its just a soap opera.now it makes sense.Now i sleep peacefully in my coffin.

Gir
07-25-2007, 09:00 PM
oh trust me i do like vampires i have maybe seen 50% of the first season and maybe bits of the rest only if im really bored...

Season 1 is not very representative of the show. It's often referred to as the "monster of the week" season because it doesn't have nearly as much continuity as the other seasons. Each episode, Buffy and the "Scoobies" basically fight a different demon or group of demons.

Since you are already familiar with the characters, I'd recommed that you watch the last episode of Season 1, which is called "Prophecy Girl," and then just skip to Season 2. As I said before, the show hits its stride in season 2.

By the way, I think you'll find your brand of vampires in the second half of season 7. The Turok Han (aka ubervamps) are ancient vampires, and they lack the human characteristics that other vampires in the show display. The ubervamps look pretty gnarly, and just about the only thing they do is hunt down and kill people. In contrast, the "regular" vampires act more human than demon. By that I mean that they are three-dimensional characters with their own strengths and weaknesses like the human characters in the show.

Black Cat
07-25-2007, 09:39 PM
oh trust me i do like vampires i have maybe seen 50% of the first season and maybe bits of the rest only if im really bored, i find it an insult to vampires but please ignore me i just hate that image of vampires that this series potrays.

I loved the movie though found it very funny.Maybe i dont like joss wheadons work anyway.

See the movie was stupid compared to the tv show.

rilynil
07-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Man, Vracula, you really need to watch more of the TV show. It's not a soap opera. It's so much more.

Vracula
07-26-2007, 05:34 AM
Season 1

By the way, I think you'll find your brand of vampires in the second half of season 7. The Turok Han (aka ubervamps) are ancient vampires, and they lack the human characteristics that other vampires in the show display. The ubervamps look pretty gnarly, and just about the only thing they do is hunt down and kill people. In contrast, the "regular" vampires act more human than demon. By that I mean that they are three-dimensional characters with their own strengths and weaknesses like the human characters in the show.

excellent will try that suggestion.

Vracula
07-26-2007, 05:35 AM
See the movie was stupid compared to the tv show.
yes it was tupid and silly but i like funny movies.actually joss wheadon wasnt happy with the movie hence the more brooding buffy tv series

Electric Tiki
07-27-2007, 12:11 AM
The original series is still going strong, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the prequels end up with a series of animated statues. As for everybody jumping on the animated bandwagon... Electric Tiki (who is making the Buffy pieces) actually was making animated statues long before Gentle Giant got in on it. I personally love that style of statue and can't get enough of it. But really, GG was the second fiddle in this one.

Thanks Jason. At least one person remembers accurately!:thumbs2:

best,
Tracy

JasonTD
07-27-2007, 12:43 AM
Thanks Jason. At least one person remembers accurately!:thumbs2:

best,
Tracy

Just tellin it like it is :) I remember thinking that you guys must have gotten the Star Wars license when I first saw a pic of the Clone Wars statues. And then I realized it wasn't exactly the same style.

ilas
07-27-2007, 09:13 AM
Man those look cool. I want to get them but at the same time am trying to just stick to stuff that I really am into such as X-men, etc.

But, I really can't wait to see those 2 Willows sculpted! :)

nodakskip
07-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Does anyone have the size of this statue and maybe the price as yet? Not sure if I can afford three statues yet.

blue_rogue
07-27-2007, 05:42 PM
I agree with Gir about season 1. I had never watched the show but decided to check it out when the season 1 dvd set was released. I thought it was just okay but, thankfully, I didn't give up on it. After a certain event in season 2 I was at the point where, after I finished watching an episode, I couldn't wait to watch the next ep. A feeling I never had at any point during the 1st season.

Black Cat
07-27-2007, 07:36 PM
I agree with Gir about season 1. I had never watched the show but decided to check it out when the season 1 dvd set was released. I thought it was just okay but, thankfully, I didn't give up on it. After a certain event in season 2 I was at the point where, after I finished watching an episode, I couldn't wait to watch the next ep. A feeling I never had at any point during the 1st season.

Very Very Addicting and well worth watching

rilynil
07-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Buffy ranks in my top 5 of all-time favorite TV shows.

Ink
07-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Buffy ranks in my top 5 of all-time favorite TV shows.

me too

Gir
07-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Same here.

Again, anyone who is watching BtVS for the first time and is considering giving up on the show should just skip to the last episode, "Prophecy Girl," and then move on to the second season. I personally think season 1 is well worth watching, but I can see how some people could lose interest.

Black Cat
07-28-2007, 05:57 AM
You will love season 3 with Faith (fav character). I always hated Xander for some reason and wanted him to die each episode.

my top five shows would be:

1. Buffy / Angel
2. Heroes
3. American Idol :)
4. Alias
5. Law & Order SVU

rdm5777
07-28-2007, 07:23 PM
While the first season of Buffy is far from perfect. I enjoy it simply because I enjoy watching the actors as they find their characters.

Here's my top six in no particular order:

Angel
Buffy
Firefly
Lost
The Shield
The Sopranos

rilynil
07-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Since I mentioned it, here are my favorite TV shows of all time:

1. Thirtysomething
2. West Wing
3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
4. The X-Files
5. Ally McBeal
6. Lost
7. Freaks and Geeks
8. Survivor
9. Twin Peaks
10. My So-Called Life

sandoverde
07-28-2007, 09:19 PM
1. Farscape
2. Lost
3. ST:-DS9
4. Buffy
5. The Shield
6. Stargate SG1
7. 24
8. ST:TNG
9. Angel
10. Babylon 5

Not sure about the order though...its so hard to choose.

sandoverde
07-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Damn I would kill for some Farscape love....come on Hot toys or Electric Tiki...
Anyone!

Gir
07-28-2007, 09:23 PM
My favorite shows are Buffy and the X-Files. I like a lot of other shows though...Angel, Freaks and Geeks, Smallville, Twin Peaks, 24, Lost, E.R., Grey's Anatomy, Scrubs, The Shield, The Wire, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, and others I'm probably forgetting. Yep, I watch a lot of TV on DVD.

There are a lot of shows that I haven't got around to watching that I'd like to check out...Stargate and West Wing, for example.

Endless Wake
07-28-2007, 11:23 PM
Its up for order early ;

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=2753

Thanks to SolidLiquidFox for catching this.

geto10
07-29-2007, 06:41 AM
Pass :)

Ink
07-29-2007, 07:12 AM
Its up for order early ;

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=2753

Thanks to SolidLiquidFox for catching this.

ordered:thumbs2:

darthmatrix
07-29-2007, 11:11 AM
ordered

kirthew
07-29-2007, 11:14 AM
ordered... and that is it for San Diego Comic Con for me... 4 statues ordered... one pained credit card.

Black Cat
07-29-2007, 01:32 PM

I wasn't expecting it to have likeness like that due to it be animated. I like the animated look instead of always having Sarah's look. It changes it up for us.

Black Cat
07-29-2007, 01:34 PM
if they wanna get a good line going electric tiki needs

buffy
faith
angel
spike
willow/evil willow
xander
the master
the gentlemen

I actually wrote and asked about Faith and they said something about possibly releasing two at a time a good guy and bad guy. I can't remember the whole conversation but they did say they are gonna try to do Faith for sure

superdoug
11-07-2007, 10:49 AM
I hate to perform thread necromancy, but I'd just like to just say, for the record, how much I am looking forward to this statue, and hope like heaven that they'll be popular enough to warrant the other pieces. (I really want a Willow and a Caleb...oh, who am I kidding? I'll get every one that comes out. :D) I am a huge Buffy fan, and I love the Electric Tiki tooned-up statues. (Which drives Jim crazy.) I just found out about these about a month or so ago, so forgive my lateness in getting into the discussion.

But hey! At least I didn't start a whole new thread! :thumbs2:

rilynil
11-07-2007, 12:12 PM
I hate to perform thread necromancy, but I'd just like to just say, for the record, how much I am looking forward to this statue, and hope like heaven that they'll be popular enough to warrant the other pieces. (I really want a Willow and a Caleb...oh, who am I kidding? I'll get every one that comes out. :D) I am a huge Buffy fan, and I love the Electric Tiki tooned-up statues. (Which drives Jim crazy.) I just found out about these about a month or so ago, so forgive my lateness in getting into the discussion.

But hey! At least I didn't start a whole new thread! :thumbs2:

I've got one ordered, too! I think it's gonna awesome. :)

joy_division
06-09-2008, 02:34 PM
just got an e-mail from a sideshow Customer helper and he said they arte processing the buffy maquette this wednesday

glassdancer
06-09-2008, 02:36 PM
does everything really need to be animated..?

F0RSAK3N
06-09-2008, 02:47 PM
A Dark Willow would be great, too bad Fox nixed that one.

JasonTD
06-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Where did you hear about the nixing of Dark Willow? That's news to me.

superdoug
06-09-2008, 03:27 PM
WOOO! WOOO!

:buttrock: :thumbs2: :buttrock: :thumbs2:

superdoug
06-09-2008, 03:28 PM
A Dark Willow would be great, too bad Fox nixed that one.

Why would Fox nix a Dark Willow -statue- after okaying the license on a plethora of Dark Willow figures? That seems like bad planning on their part.

F0RSAK3N
06-09-2008, 06:58 PM
No idea why, I read it on the Electric Tiki site when they had a blog that went with their concept art shots of the characters for the Buffy animated line.

rico1701
06-10-2008, 09:33 AM
Can't wait to see my Buffy! And then Willow. Hope this line does well. I like the pricing. ;)

Ink
06-10-2008, 01:35 PM
when is buffy shipping?

joy_division
06-10-2008, 02:42 PM
the guy said it was processing tomorrow

risingstar
06-10-2008, 03:07 PM

Probably not. However, these do look kinda neat.

P.S. What do you think of a faux bronze animated variant with a slightly redesigned head plus a sterling silver plated etched nameplate affixed to a sparkling granite marble base accompanied by a dazzling limited edition print of the inspiration used for the sculpture signed by both the creators and artists behind the piece?

Ink
06-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Probably not. However, these do look kinda neat.

P.S. What do you think of a faux bronze animated variant with a slightly redesigned head plus a sterling silver plated etched nameplate affixed to a sparkling granite marble base accompanied by a dazzling limited edition print of the inspiration used for the sculptor signed by both the creators and artists behind the piece?

limited to 50 :laugh:

Ink
06-10-2008, 03:30 PM
speaking of animated statues....when is that tick statue coming out?

risingstar
06-10-2008, 03:45 PM
limited to 50 :laugh:

D'oh! I should have said that!
And, I was on such a roll too!

Darth Torment
06-10-2008, 03:56 PM

I know.
It's stupid overkill.
Lol

Black Cat
06-10-2008, 09:02 PM
the guy said it was processing tomorrow

I never got a processing notice. Are we sure it is in fact processing soon?

IronFist
06-19-2008, 02:13 PM
So, what's the deal with this line? Is it Buffy & Willow, and that's all we'll ever see? Was Dark Willow truly nixed? I want in on this line. I really like Willow, but would rather a different Buffy. But if these two are all we're getting, I just can't see myself buying just a Willow and never epanding upon that.

joy_division
06-19-2008, 02:21 PM
I never got a processing notice. Are we sure it is in fact processing soon?
well, I've been billed for mine and JasonTD has received his

rico1701
06-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Got mine a couple of days ago. Didn't realize it came with multiple hands - nice little bonus. It's a nice little piece. Seems just a tad smaller than what I would of expected but it's a nice piece. Sorry, my camera is away on a trip right now so no pics from me.

BrandonJF
12-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Got my Willow today. VERY scary trying to get her into that base...

Black Cat
12-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Got my Willow today. VERY scary trying to get her into that base...

Mine arrived today too but I'm at work right now

Chester
12-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Looks very nice :) Unfortunaly mine is still in transit to EU :(

F0RSAK3N
12-08-2008, 06:23 PM
I am looking forward to mine arriving soon.

kirthew
12-08-2008, 06:42 PM
I had it on order... and cancelled the Willow... looking forward to Dark Willow

Black Cat
12-08-2008, 08:40 PM
here is mine

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc212/black_cat75/DSCN1778.jpg

F0RSAK3N
12-09-2008, 01:04 AM
I love the shadowy nature of that picture...I can tell I'm going to love this whole line. You can complain about the cartoonie statues if you don't like them, but I think it's really cool the way they can kind of blend with ones from different properties (eg Star Wars, PotC, Horror, etc.). When I get the rest of the Buffy ones in I'll take a bunch of pics and show you guys (and gal) what I mean.

I had it on order... and cancelled the Willow... looking forward to Dark Willow

I'm looking forward to that one almost as much as scythe wielding Buffy!

rico1701
12-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Here are mine. I like them a lot!

http://www.treksinscifi.com/collection/albums/userpics/10001/willow_anim1.jpg

http://www.treksinscifi.com/collection/albums/userpics/10001/buffy_willow_1.jpg

more views of them here:
http://www.treksinscifi.com/collection/thumbnails.php?album=211

Black Cat
12-15-2008, 03:52 PM
I don't know if I like Willow yet. I do like the Dark Willow but dunno if I really like this version yet.

Chester
12-19-2008, 02:19 PM
I finally received mine, got #341.

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/_chesters_bucket_/Collectibles/Willow_Tooned_Up/th_IMG_1183.jpg (http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/_chesters_bucket_/Collectibles/Willow_Tooned_Up/IMG_1183.jpg) http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/_chesters_bucket_/Collectibles/Willow_Tooned_Up/th_IMG_1184.jpg (http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/_chesters_bucket_/Collectibles/Willow_Tooned_Up/IMG_1184.jpg) http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/_chesters_bucket_/Collectibles/Willow_Tooned_Up/th_IMG_1186.jpg (http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/_chesters_bucket_/Collectibles/Willow_Tooned_Up/IMG_1186.jpg) http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/_chesters_bucket_/Collectibles/Willow_Tooned_Up/th_IMG_1187.jpg (http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/_chesters_bucket_/Collectibles/Willow_Tooned_Up/IMG_1187.jpg)

Chester
12-19-2008, 02:20 PM
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/_chesters_bucket_/Collectibles/Willow_Tooned_Up/th_IMG_1188.jpg (http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/_chesters_bucket_/Collectibles/Willow_Tooned_Up/IMG_1188.jpg) http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/_chesters_bucket_/Collectibles/Willow_Tooned_Up/th_IMG_1190.jpg (http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/_chesters_bucket_/Collectibles/Willow_Tooned_Up/IMG_1190.jpg) http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/_chesters_bucket_/Collectibles/Willow_Tooned_Up/th_IMG_1191.jpg (http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/_chesters_bucket_/Collectibles/Willow_Tooned_Up/IMG_1191.jpg) http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/_chesters_bucket_/Collectibles/Willow_Tooned_Up/th_IMG_1192.jpg (http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/_chesters_bucket_/Collectibles/Willow_Tooned_Up/IMG_1192.jpg)

BrandonJF
02-04-2009, 05:47 PM
According to TalesofWonder, the new Buffy tooned up maquette is out this week... which is odd since Sideshow hasn't even sent out the shipping notices. I ended up cancelling my Sideshow order and ordered it from ToW since it was cheaper anyway... I'll see what happens.

Black Cat
02-04-2009, 08:17 PM
According to TalesofWonder, the new Buffy tooned up maquette is out this week... which is odd since Sideshow hasn't even sent out the shipping notices. I ended up cancelling my Sideshow order and ordered it from ToW since it was cheaper anyway... I'll see what happens.

yeah I just seen that today myself

BrandonJF
02-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Well, it did not go well. Tales of Wonder cancelled my order after it sat in a "Shipping Soon" status for a week. I already gave up the one I had on order from Sideshow, so I need to go track down another one... not that I expect them to be too hard to find.

lord odin
02-13-2009, 05:13 PM
I think this is going to be my favorite line.

BrandonJF
02-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Got the new "End of Days" Buffy this morning. She's awesome.

Man, this was a really tight fit to get the pegs in the base, though. It's one of those cases where you have to "pull" a leg to get it to fit. It really isn't even close, otherwise. I hope I never need to put it back in the box, 'cuz I can't imagine this thing is coming out.

I do not see a way to get the Scythe to be positioned as it is in the photos. The hand just does not go in at that angle. My hand is very "loose". If I don't have the scythe leaning towards her head, it's gonna spin around. I'd be interested to see if anyone else has better luck positioning the scythe....

F0RSAK3N
02-17-2009, 05:39 PM
which is odd since Sideshow hasn't even sent out the shipping notices.

I got this on Friday, 2/6:

>>>ESTIMATED ARRIVAL<<<
Of: Buffy Summers - End of Days - Tooned Up Television - Polystone Statue

Coming in: 12 – 14 Days
To: Sideshow U.S. warehouse
Est. ship weight (US): 8 lbs.
Est. dimensional weight
(Int’l orders & Oversized items): TBD lbs.

>>>UPDATE ORDER INFORMATION NOW<<<

BrandonJF
02-17-2009, 07:52 PM
I got this on Friday, 2/6:

>>>ESTIMATED ARRIVAL<<<
Of: Buffy Summers - End of Days - Tooned Up Television - Polystone Statue

Coming in: 12 – 14 Days
To: Sideshow U.S. warehouse
Est. ship weight (US): 8 lbs.
Est. dimensional weight
(Int’l orders & Oversized items): TBD lbs.

>>>UPDATE ORDER INFORMATION NOW<<<

I still wonder why it took them so long. And that's just when they'll get 'em in their warehouse. For an item "presented" by Sideshow, it seems odd that that they are one of the last ones to get the thing...

Black Cat
02-17-2009, 10:33 PM
yeah really, they still haven't gotten it yet

BrandonJF
06-29-2009, 11:03 AM
I got the Dark Willow statue today. It looks awesome. It was a pain to get her in the base, though. I was about to give up, thinking it was impossible. I'm still not sure if I could get her in again.... or if I can ever get her out. Scary.

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss333/BrandonJF/IMG_4609.jpg

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss333/BrandonJF/IMG_4610.jpg

lord odin
06-29-2009, 11:10 AM
I got my DW almost 2 weeks ago from SS another great piece.

joy_division
06-29-2009, 01:02 PM
just wish they were a bit bigger

Chapter 2099
06-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Has anyone heard a rumor that the Glory maquette was canceled?

BrandonJF
06-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Has anyone heard a rumor that the Glory maquette was canceled?

I had read there was some production problem which caused it to be further delayed, but I haven't heard anything about a cancellation.

Chapter 2099
06-29-2009, 03:17 PM
I had read there was some production problem which caused it to be further delayed, but I haven't heard anything about a cancellation.

OK. I had heard about it being canceled, so this is better news. As long as it gets produced, that's all I care about. :buttrock:

BrandonJF
06-29-2009, 04:09 PM
I think Tracy Mark Lee frequents this forum every once in awhile... maybe we can get some confirmation.

AstroWho
02-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Estimated Item Arrival Notice

***READ ONLY E-MAIL***

***DO NOT REPLY***

Item arrival: 24 days

Item name: Faith Tooned Up Television Statue – Sideshow Exclusive

Item #: 9000901

Item total: US$ 99.99

Est. ship weight (US): 4 lbs.

Even more stuff...................