PDA

View Full Version : Are we gonna get

darthmatrix
07-23-2007, 07:42 PM
A IM statue with working lights...read carefully it says only a red/gold armor version will never be offered with the lights http://cgi.ebay.com/Iron-Man-Comiquette-Prototype-With-Lights-UNIQUE_W0QQitemZ160140892053QQihZ006QQcategoryZ2622QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

kinda leads me to believe they have another IM with lights ready. Any thoughts?

Shaihulud
07-23-2007, 08:04 PM
I'M POSITIVE THEY GONNA REVISIT THAT STATUE WITH THE NEW MOVIE AND ALL...WITH THE WORKING LIGHTS...THAT WILL BE AWESOME..PEOPLE WHO PAID 800$ FOR THE OLD ONE WILL BE PISSED.

darthmatrix
07-23-2007, 08:06 PM
It could be a light up PF :buttrock:...now that would be sweet.

titan7170
07-23-2007, 08:16 PM
read this

This auction is for a real treasure, one of only two ever made, a prototype of the Iron Man Comiquette featuring working lights built into the armor. Excited about the upcoming Iron Man movie, the development team at Sideshow returned to the previously released Iron Man Comiquette to develop a new edition of the statue, with working lights and a new paint scheme. The working lights were developed before the new paint was ready, and two pieces were produced with the traditional red/gold armor. One of the light-up statues was given to Robert Downey Jr. to celebrate the first day of filming on Iron Man, and the other was reserved for this auction. The Iron Man Comiquette will never be offered for sale with the red/gold color scheme and working lights - this is your opportunity to own a true holy grail.

This means there must be a new edition if this statue with working lights and a new paint scheme going to be released.

they only did these because the new paint wasnt ready.......whatever that means:confused:

It also means that whomever wins this auction will pay a ****load of money only to (maybe)find out in the end that the only difference between theirs and the newly released one would be the paint.

GangstaRoranous
07-23-2007, 08:40 PM
No. You guys are putting too much thought into a poorly worded paragraph.

In my opinion it is saying..."We got excited about the movie and wanted to do something special. Originally we planned on not only including the lights but also a new paint scheme but we got lazy and fell behind so we half-assed it and just added lights. We only intended on doing a small run for important people and events"

titan7170
07-23-2007, 08:47 PM
No. You guys are putting too much thought into a poorly worded paragraph.

In my opinion it is saying..."We got excited about the movie and wanted to do something special. Originally we planned on not only including the lights but also a new paint scheme but we got lazy and fell behind so we half-assed it and just added lights. We only intended on doing a small run for important people and events"

well if it happens then thats cool, if not oh well.........

GangstaRoranous
07-23-2007, 08:52 PM
well if it happens then thats cool, if not oh well.........

I think it will be an entirely different pose and based on the movie design. No way Sideshow will release the same statue with minor tweaks....that's just weak. :thumbsdow

yeah cause they didn't do it with the Hulk diorama or PF

darthmatrix
07-23-2007, 09:04 PM
I think it will be an entirely different pose and based on the movie design. No way Sideshow will release the same statue with minor tweaks....that's just weak. :thumbsdow

It should be a PF

GangstaRoranous
07-23-2007, 09:12 PM

I am not out to start an argument but there are major differences between these two situations. Let's just wait and see what happens. I can bet you almost anything that you will not see the same pose or look in a new Iron Man statue from Sideshow. :thumbs2: Not saying that it isn't beyond the realm of possibility but highly unlikely to occur. :)

darthmatrix
07-23-2007, 09:15 PM
There are 3 diffrent version of the spidey PF...so I suppose its possible but probably a light up movie version or comic PF is more likely.

Buffy PF, thunderball PF?

darthmatrix
07-23-2007, 09:24 PM

both good examples :thumbs2:

either way if SS makes it im buying it :)

GangstaRoranous
07-23-2007, 09:25 PM

You win. :laugh:

titan7170
07-23-2007, 09:40 PM

I wouldnt hold my breath, look what they did with Spidey PF:banghead:

But whatever it is I hope its a good one:thumbs2:

of course, all this will only be a good idea if I get one :laugh:

endless1
07-23-2007, 10:08 PM
:banghead: I was going to bid o the ironman, but I decided to buy a house instead.

polystoner
07-23-2007, 10:16 PM
:banghead: I was going to bid o the ironman, but I decided to buy a house instead.
lol. :laugh:

kingdomhearts
07-23-2007, 10:19 PM
I will put 10 grand on the iron man

Ink
07-23-2007, 10:37 PM
I will put 10 grand on the iron man

are you insane?

cap70
07-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Stan Winston did the Iron Man armature for the movie(a heck of an awesome job, by the way) and is involved in the Iron Man movie, so a Stan Winston Iron Man movie maquette is pretty possible in the near future.

kingdomhearts
07-23-2007, 10:50 PM
are you insane?

Nope, Im just a true collector!

are you insane?

now now dear boy, you can't have money & be insane....he's purely eccentric :thumbs2:

Nope, Im just a true collector!

let the flame war commence :laugh:

Colossus
07-23-2007, 11:01 PM
I would love a light up iron man, and as far as collectors go I think on a scale of 1 to 100 with 1 being someone that has 3 marvel action figures that are heavily played with and 100 being a collection stan lee would be proud of I woould say I am somewhere in the high 70s, I probably have 25k-30k in statues now but spending 10k on 1 is in my book just out of my league for now. I am 34 and run 2 separate businesses and invest quite a bit in real estate buying a house normally every 4-6 weeks and extra money that I have in the 5k-50k range usually goes more into investing that way.

Colossus
07-23-2007, 11:05 PM
BTW where is this information on the website that is saying that there might be another light up iron man in the future?

kingdomhearts
07-24-2007, 12:35 AM
I'm just kidding Guys :laugh:

I would never spent 10 grand on a statue, not even 3or 4 grand.

2 grand on the iron man? Maybe
But it is already pass 2 grand.

Oh well, I guess those pieces on the auction right now are meant for the rich people.

patman
07-24-2007, 02:38 AM
I'M POSITIVE THEY GONNA REVISIT THAT STATUE WITH THE NEW MOVIE AND ALL...WITH THE WORKING LIGHTS...THAT WILL BE AWESOME..PEOPLE WHO PAID 800$ FOR THE OLD ONE WILL BE PISSED.

well, i would love a revisit of the Hulk PF with a light up feature :confused2

k-9
07-24-2007, 03:43 AM
it sounds to me that ss will make another ironman statue with light up feature as part of the new film.

we might even see it announced at sdcc.

sdcc or not it will happen,just a completely different pose/design which will leave the light up comiquette still unique.

cougartrace
07-24-2007, 08:30 AM
when there is money to be made, you never know what SS will do

Darth Pain
07-24-2007, 12:42 PM

The difference there is that the Grey Hulks were offered at the same time as the Green Hulks.
NOT 1 year later. Like the IM quette.

I highly doubt that they will reproduce the IM statue for the public. Most likely they will make new ones with different armor and paint.

Oh and lights too..:buttrock:

woodsy
07-24-2007, 08:21 PM
The difference there is that the Grey Hulks were offered at the same time as the Green Hulks.
NOT 1 year later. Like the IM quette.

I highly doubt that they will reproduce the IM statue for the public. Most likely they will make new ones with different armor and paint.

Oh and lights too..:buttrock:

If it's less than 7G's count me in :)

Vracula
07-24-2007, 08:25 PM
this is crazy cool

ComputerFly
07-24-2007, 09:38 PM
I am not out to start an argument but there are major differences between these two situations. Let's just wait and see what happens. I can bet you almost anything that you will not see the same pose or look in a new Iron Man statue from Sideshow. :thumbs2: Not saying that it isn't beyond the realm of possibility but highly unlikely to occur. :)

PWND!

Ink
07-24-2007, 11:40 PM
PWND!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: