PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix: End Song variant cover?

Perna
01-27-2005, 07:09 PM
Hey guys. I was just at my LCS picking up my monthly titles and I had asked the owner to put me down for the Phoenix End Song mini series. As always, he had my stuff ready for me when I got to the shop, but for some reason I was drawn to the "new comics" shelves and noticed a Phoenix: End Song issue with Phoenix in her green and yellow color scheme. I asked him if this was a limited cover and he didn't even notice that there were 2 different covers. It's the exact same cover aside from the costume colors. Anyone have any idea was this was done? Were there equal amounts of each cover distributed?

Ghost
01-27-2005, 07:16 PM
No clue, I saw both as well, but I didn't pick it up. I've no idea where they are in that story or the past X-Men minus the Ultimate stuff.

sleepindeath
01-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Hey Perna,

Think of it as a Variant. It was released after the initial #1 with the Dark Phoenix costume. Almost like a second print.

I hope that helps.

JC.

Perna
01-27-2005, 07:56 PM
Hey Perna,

Think of it as a Variant. It was released after the initial #1 with the Dark Phoenix costume. Almost like a second print.

I hope that helps.

JC.
Booooooooooooooooooooooooo for second prints.

bat_collector
01-27-2005, 08:14 PM
I'm thinking second print myself.

grendelscott
01-27-2005, 08:15 PM
It's Marvel's way of getting around the "we won't do second prints" message they put out a while back. They've done it a few times now...They call it an alternate cover but release it 2-4 weeks after the first one comes out...

SirConor
01-27-2005, 10:46 PM
Its definitely not limited, as there was a huge stack of them in my LCS and it seems there were many to go around everywhere. However, I picked this one up because I think the cover is simply stunning (Jean's a fav of mine) and I really liked the first issue.

Tony Coca
01-27-2005, 10:56 PM
Its Marvels way of doing the entire 90's thing of Alternate/chrome/Glossy,Blah,Blah Blah Cover.