PDA

View Full Version : The first to sell out

vetteman
08-02-2007, 06:44 PM
With all of the big new items now up for sale (minus IM), which do you think will sell out first? Not even any of the EXs have sold out yet which seems kinda odd. I would have thought for sure the WoW diorama would be gone by now. :peoples: So what say you?

SolidLiquidFox
08-02-2007, 06:58 PM
I am going to assume that they will cap some of these exclusive ES down tonight and make them immidiate sell outs.

rilynil
08-02-2007, 07:00 PM
I'm glad to already have my Thor vs. Loki statue ordered. :buttrock:

vetteman
08-02-2007, 07:06 PM
I am going to assume that they will cap some of these exclusive ES down tonight and make them immediate sell outs.
I was wondering if individual statue sales are slow because so many where released at once or if the ES on all these is crazy high. I would be cool if they dropped the ES for immediate sold out status. :thumbs2:

woodsy
08-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Kinda thought the Black cat excl. would have sold out by now. Assuming the ES will be 900 that is.

Ink
08-02-2007, 07:12 PM
the buffy animated is probably 300-500

High Lord Apocalypse
08-02-2007, 07:13 PM
black cat is down to 100! go get em people!!!

High Lord Apocalypse
08-02-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm glad to already have my Thor vs. Loki statue ordered. :buttrock:

country folks can survvvvvvvive!!!!:)

rilynil
08-02-2007, 07:25 PM
the buffy animated is probably 300-500
I ordered that one, too! :buttrock:

vetteman
08-02-2007, 07:26 PM
black cat is down to 100! go get em people!!! Looks like we may have a sell out sometime this month then. :laugh:

rilynil
08-02-2007, 07:26 PM
country folks can survvvvvvvive!!!!:)
Man, I can't say I've seen Hank Williams Jr. quoted on the Internet before! :laugh: Good one, Tony! :thumbs2:

Ink
08-02-2007, 07:27 PM
I ordered that one, too! :buttrock:

so did I:thumbs2:

rilynil
08-02-2007, 07:28 PM
so did I:thumbs2:
Awesome. I'm planning on having a Buffy-themed detolf before long. I'm also going to buy those ultra-cool DST Essence of Buffy statues that are coming out. :)

Moogled
08-02-2007, 07:37 PM
That is so weird. The general impression that I had from this board was that since everyone was so keen on ordering the items as soon as they came out, I'd imagine that it would be sold out after a day or two.

Maybe we are just collecting nerds :D

Black Cat
08-02-2007, 07:39 PM
They can't sell out if Sideshow doesn' t even know what to make the ES. Also, I'm gonna say that things are slow due to there being so many that was just released.

vetteman
08-02-2007, 07:40 PM
That is so weird. The general impression that I had from this board was that since everyone was so keen on ordering the items as soon as they came out, I'd imagine that it would be sold out after a day or two.

Well generally we get one random big-release every couple of months. This time, we got several (WoW, Black Cat, Laura, RCop, etc.) all at once.

vetteman
08-02-2007, 07:40 PM
They can't sell out if Sideshow doesn' t even know what to make the ES. Also, I'm gonna say that things are slow due to there being so many that was just released.
Well Black Cat only has 100 left so they must know the ES on some.

High Lord Apocalypse
08-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Man, I can't say I've seen Hank Williams Jr. quoted on the Internet before! :laugh: Good one, Tony! :thumbs2:

hey a friend of mine in kentucky told me to listen to that song. although i can't relate to much of the song, its pretty bada$$!

loricstone
08-02-2007, 08:12 PM

Maybe you guys have yet to understand there are far more people not on this forum that are not as high on many of the SS items that you are.

biglebowski9999
08-02-2007, 10:24 PM
At this rate the Stealth IM that doesn't go up until the 9th will sell out first, lol.

vetteman
08-02-2007, 10:30 PM
At this rate the Stealth IM that doesn't go up until the 9th will sell out first, lol.
Maybe not! Who knows. IM will just be another big name piece (a rehash at that) thrown in with all the others. I would have thought the WoW and both major PFs would have already sold out, but they haven't.

Ink
08-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Awesome. I'm planning on having a Buffy-themed detolf before long. I'm also going to buy those ultra-cool DST Essence of Buffy statues that are coming out. :)

pics?

rilynil
08-03-2007, 04:11 PM
pics?
These are 9 inches tall and are sculpted by the same guy who did the DST Milestones Dracula that looked so good.

Spike is coming out this month, followed by Buffy in October, then Willow and a Angel statue later. I think these things rock, ESPECIALLY the Buffy one. You can find these for about $93 at most places.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k42/nadams65/actionfigurexpress_1961_30658353.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k42/nadams65/actionfigurexpress_1958_93881376.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k42/nadams65/actionfigurexpress_1961_73754386.jpg

Ink
08-03-2007, 04:12 PM
These are 9 inches tall and are sculpted by the same guy who did the DST Milestones Dracula that looked so good.

Spike is coming out this month, followed by Buffy in October, then Willow and a Angel statue later. I think these things rock, ESPECIALLY the Buffy one. You can find these for about $93 at most places.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k42/nadams65/actionfigurexpress_1961_30658353.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k42/nadams65/actionfigurexpress_1958_93881376.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k42/nadams65/actionfigurexpress_1961_73754386.jpg

nice:thumbs2:

biglebowski9999
08-03-2007, 09:11 PM
I never was able to get into Buffy myself. I never realized the show was so popular.

Colossus
08-04-2007, 09:46 AM
I never was able to get into Buffy myself. I never realized the show was so popular.

It is more of a cult following in certain crowds. I am really not into it myself but uswed to know a bunch of folks into it.

woodsy
08-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Maybe not! Who knows. IM will just be another big name piece (a rehash at that) thrown in with all the others. I would have thought the WoW and both major PFs would have already sold out, but they haven't.

Perhaps SS is still getting a steady stream of orders for these items? I can't see them setting low ES's and selling out these item's while there's still the potential for them to make more money on them.

vetteman
08-04-2007, 11:31 AM
With Black Cat no longer having the 100 or less meter, looks like the race is still on. :laugh:

cougartrace
08-06-2007, 09:09 AM

I think people are waiting on the paint on the WOW piece before buying

biglebowski9999
08-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Perhaps SS is still getting a steady stream of orders for these items? I can't see them setting low ES's and selling out these item's while there's still the potential for them to make more money on them.

I can. Part of their business is maximizing sales to the best of their ability while keeping the ES low enough to keep collectors happy (in the belief the piece will rise or at least hold it's value).

The MJ exlclusive sold out in 24 hours. I would venture a guess that they could have sold a few more if they kept it open for ordering another day, lol. Same reason they have not re-released the Doom PF or the original Iron Man Comiquette to cash in...it would alienate their collector base.

Black Cat
08-06-2007, 12:45 PM
I think people are waiting on the paint on the WOW piece before buying

Yep so do I

loricstone
08-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Yep so do I

Yeah, but that is silly! It is one of the top 10 sellers on SS! If once it is painted and you don't like it, just cancel the order (provided you don't go the FlexPay route)! Better to preorder before it is sold out and not like it and cancel, than to not pre-order it, really like it, but can't get it unless you pony up more money for it on the secondary market! I have six things on pre-order with SS now! Chances are, I might cancel one of them (Thor vs. Loki), but at least I have it! What happens if that dio shoots up in value on ebay right before it comes out?? I don't want to be left out in the cold any more on potential money makers (particularly for things I am not gung ho about)!

cougartrace
08-06-2007, 02:31 PM
I hear ya, Loric, but I'm not interested in making money off any of these pieces.

toe
08-06-2007, 02:38 PM
The sculpt of the WoW piece is extremely superb. Saw it in person at SDCC and I was blown away by its detail. I am sure SS's paint up will be as great as the sculpt, ..I hope :redface:

Black Cat
08-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Yeah, but that is silly! It is one of the top 10 sellers on SS! If once it is painted and you don't like it, just cancel the order (provided you don't go the FlexPay route)! Better to preorder before it is sold out and not like it and cancel, than to not pre-order it, really like it, but can't get it unless you pony up more money for it on the secondary market! I have six things on pre-order with SS now! Chances are, I might cancel one of them (Thor vs. Loki), but at least I have it! What happens if that dio shoots up in value on ebay right before it comes out?? I don't want to be left out in the cold any more on potential money makers (particularly for things I am not gung ho about)!

Oh I know what your saying. I have it ordered but some will probably not do so until they see it painted.

RD13
08-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Black Cat EX ..............WAIT LIST.

Sinema
08-06-2007, 03:54 PM

However...because of this mentality...it is unlikely that we will see pieces rocket up in value......why, because Sideshow is going to raise the ES of every piece because the ordering is going through the roof now.

For example....the biggest clue that told me to get out and stay out of the housing market.....was when I saw everyday Joe's buying up houses left and right thinking they could flip them and make their millions.

The days of a newly released piece sky-rocketing in value are probably over. However...I could care less..I collect to collect...and not to retire on.