PDA

View Full Version : GTA IV DELAYED until 2nd QTR 2008

DetroitSportsFan
08-02-2007, 11:28 PM
"Take Two just announced the highly anticipated (and that's being cautious) Grand Theft Auto IV will be delayed from its originally scheduled October release date until the second fiscal quarter of 2008, or between February and April of '08. Though no direct cause for the delay was cited, Take-Two Chairman Strauss Zelnick said "certain elements of development proved to be more time-intensive than expected."

Additionally, due to the outstanding ratings problems (and surprising no one) they've also announced that Manhunt 2 would miss its planned release this fiscal year. As a result of these setbacks, they're expecting revenue of $950 million to $1 billion for the fiscal year ending Oct. 31; in June, they announced expected revenue of $1.2 billion to $1.25 billion for the year.

The bad news: There goes Microsoft's holiday hat trick. The good news: More time to play the onslaught of great games this holiday season."

:( :bawling:

batman1180
08-03-2007, 01:00 AM
wow...both microsoft and sony were banking on this one moving systems this season.

Sgt Taz
08-03-2007, 01:23 AM
The bad news: There goes Microsoft's holiday hat trick.I wouldnt be surprised if that's at least part of the reason for the delay. There's a sh!t load of big titles coming out spread over end august till december. April (wich I've read would be the new release date) is usualy a quite period on the games front so a financialy healthy month to release a title of this caliber.

snappahead
08-03-2007, 02:54 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if that's at least part of the reason for the delay. There's a sh!t load of big titles coming out spread over end august till december. April (wich I've read would be the new release date) is usualy a quite period on the games front so a financialy healthy month to release a title of this caliber.

That's a possibility, but I still get really annoyed with these tactics, whatever the real reason is. Only in video games do businesses pull this kinda crap. I'm not even a big fan of GTA, but it's the trend that bugs me. Just a few weeks ago at E3, they were saying it'll definitely be on time as promised and now it's been delayed by a good six months. What a crock of sh!t. And this happens ALL the time with video games. They'll wait until the week before it's scheduled release to delay the game for months. I don't really care about this game, but when it happens to a game I really want and have been waiting years for, it gets annoying as hell.

Sgt Taz
08-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Yeah I know what you mean, delays always suck turd. I'm very much looking forward to Gta4 but the big amount of A-list games coming out over the next few months cushion the blow :)

cougartrace
08-03-2007, 11:48 AM
:banghead:

xreynoldsxcorex
08-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Curses!!!!
I will have to wait even longer to complete numerous pizza delivery missions in high def!!!!

What a world

Ink
08-06-2007, 02:20 PM
wow...both microsoft and sony were banking on this one moving systems this season.

microsoft still has halo 3 to bank on

cma3
08-06-2007, 02:48 PM
there is something definitely go on in the background.

the rumor as of today is the this and all other spin offs will be Sony exclusives. multiple industry sites are pointing to this podcast/article below:

http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-57037.aspx

Kujo
08-06-2007, 03:50 PM
not too fussed about this not coming out this year... plenty of other stuff to play... plus, i would rather them delay it and fix it than have a buggy,glitchy game.

I did hear it was something to do with the PS3 version causing the delay also.

cma3 - how can this be true when xbox is getting the 2 exclusive levels?

DetroitSportsFan
08-07-2007, 11:22 AM
I did hear it was something to do with the PS3 version causing the delay also.

I've heard the delay is because of the 360. Rockstar is having a hell of time getting GTA4 to fit on one DVD.

cma3 - how can this be true when xbox is getting the 2 exclusive levels?

The article is talking about all Rockstar games coming out after GTA4. This doesn't affect the 360's downloadable content.

Kujo
08-07-2007, 01:13 PM
oh right - i can't get that article at work... damned web filters.

xreynoldsxcorex
08-07-2007, 03:11 PM
I still heard it is because of ps3 and the difficulty to develop on that console.
The 360 game i believe was to have a sticker that states the hard drive is needed, so i think at least some of the game is going to run off that through a dl or something.

Kujo
08-07-2007, 03:56 PM
yeah, its was something like that i heard... Its always been well known that the PS3 is the hardest of all the next gen consoles to develop for, so thats quite likely.

DSF - i can't see ANY game for a long time filling 9 gig... movies don't fill HD discs yet, never mind games

Brru
08-08-2007, 01:53 AM
well if they are using cheap DVDs then they only have 4 gig and thats easily used up. The high end DVDs are what give you 9 and I cant imagine they are not using those. It would be completely idiotic to limit themselves otherwise.

Anyone know how much space an HD disc or blue ray holds?Cause I think XBox is coming out or came out with a HD drive for the 360. Might be old news I was just hearing something about it though.