PDA

View Full Version : Difficult to reach places

alexeicrow
08-10-2007, 03:54 AM
Hi All,

A quick question - do you first paint the model kit than piece it together, as at times i build it up and end up with small places where i cannot get covered with paint. The airbrush has helped me reduce the is a lot but was wondering if a technique of first painting them building exist, although then i cannot see how one can fill gaps, smooth lines etc once the thing is already painted.

Alexeicrow

Danno
08-10-2007, 10:02 AM
This really depends on the model itself.
Personally, I try to assemble everything first if I can, but there are kits that you simply cannot do this to (especially pieces that have capes or dynamic body poses that obscure areas)

danfaz
08-10-2007, 03:10 PM
Yep, sometimes you have no choice but to assemble first due to gap filling issues.

If you can't get your "main" paint in a hard to reach area, you can use a wash of a shading color to resemble natural shadows.

Vince-Vell
08-10-2007, 04:36 PM
For the certain areas that a airbrush wont hit, or doesnt completely hit. I try to do some paint brush work before hand. Then when ready i hit it with the airbrush. Depends on the situation, but 9 times out of 10 that works for me.

Car50n
08-11-2007, 01:15 PM
i click my heals 3 times while repeating "there's no place i can't paint, there's no place i can't paint, there's no place i can't paint."

if that fails...i use a brush