PDA

View Full Version : Official Madden 08 thread

Natrix
08-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Anyone pick up their copy yet? Looking for some first impressions and reviews from actual gamers on the Wii, 360 and PS3 versions. I will probably be getting the 360 version later this week.

adee
08-14-2007, 12:05 PM
I'll let ya know tonight. I'm picking it up for the 360 on my lunch hour.:thumbs2:

snappahead
08-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Recycled, rehashed garbage. EA is a zit on the a$$ of the videogame industry. Um....I mean...I'm not buying it:)

adee
08-15-2007, 12:38 PM
I played it last night and um yeah, it's still Madden.

Kujo
08-15-2007, 03:49 PM
I read an interview with the CEO of EA and he was critisising the games industry for not being original... what a joke!

adee
08-15-2007, 04:00 PM
I think Madden football may be a victim of it's own success. It's the best sports game ever produced and it's been difficult to improve upon it. The only reason to buy it now is to get the right players on the right teams and have the new rookie class in the game. The graphics did improve and there is a more realistic look to the way the game plays, I'm just not sure it's worth another 60 bucks. There's to many good games coming out and personally I think I'll just play 07 when I feel the need. If you love Madden then you'll like it, if you're expecting a big jump from last years release I think you'll be disappointed.
It's an incomplete pass for me.

twinzs
08-19-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm thinking about picking it up but my problem is I always played it on ps2 and the set up on 360 kinda sucks. I hate trying to pick plays on the 360

boondocksaint
08-19-2007, 01:11 PM
i have it for 360 if anyone wants to play

i havent played it yet

twinzs
08-19-2007, 05:13 PM
i gave in and bought it just trying to learn how to play it all over again

rjb America
08-21-2007, 01:57 PM
getting it used for 360 not worth 60 bucks to me, thats a bowen MB

Brru
08-21-2007, 04:31 PM
I think Madden football may be a victim of it's own success. It's the best sports game ever produced and it's been difficult to improve upon it. The only reason to buy it now is to get the right players on the right teams and have the new rookie class in the game. The graphics did improve and there is a more realistic look to the way the game plays, I'm just not sure it's worth another 60 bucks. There's to many good games coming out and personally I think I'll just play 07 when I feel the need. If you love Madden then you'll like it, if you're expecting a big jump from last years release I think you'll be disappointed.
It's an incomplete pass for me.

I think that its sad but a true fact. No point buying it for 60 bucks when all EA has to do is release updates with new players for maybe 10 buck downloads once every year or six months. If they did that they would have really good content and probably make more money in the long run, but who thinks long term.

Recycled, rehashed garbage. EA is a zit on the a$$ of the videogame industry. Um....I mean...I'm not buying it

Ya I have a hard time buying EA games just for the fact that its EA. Good games, bad ethics on programmers lol.

hawkeyethearcher
08-27-2007, 08:05 PM
my friend has it on 360 and its hooked to the internet. he said they took vick off the falcons roster now that we know he will not be playing. that is pretty cool that they can do this now.

twinzs
08-27-2007, 09:12 PM
my friend has it on 360 and its hooked to the internet. he said they took vick of the falcons roster now that we know he will not be playing. that is pretty cool that they can do this now.

:buttrock: I need to get that fixed