PDA

View Full Version : Owen Wilson Hospitalized After Possible Suicide Attempt

patrickwm68
08-27-2007, 05:46 PM
WTF? It's all over the internet.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/owen_wilson_hospitalized/celebrity/64164

snappahead
08-27-2007, 05:56 PM
National Enquirer? That's the source? Somehow, I question the story.

glassdancer
08-27-2007, 05:57 PM
I don't think it's 100% true.....might be fabricated..:peoples:

His nose isn't THAT bad that he would attempt something like this.....

endsongjen
08-27-2007, 06:00 PM
i did read on cnn that he was hospitalized. but not the reason why.

endsongjen
08-27-2007, 06:02 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/27/people.owen.wilson.ap/index.html

taizo99
08-27-2007, 06:03 PM
GOT THIS FROM WIKIPEDIA.ORG At 12:10 p.m. on August 26, 2007, Owen Wilson was rushed to St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica, California, by ambulance. Initial reports cited the reason as dehydration. He was discovered with superficial wounds to his wrists and a near-empty bottle of medical pills in the bathroom of his Santa Monica home,[15] by his older brother Andrew[16]

patrickwm68
08-27-2007, 06:25 PM
From Entertainment Tonight:

Just in: sources tell ET that OWEN WILSON has allegedly had issues with depression in the past, and that he also completed a stint in Hazelden rehab in Minnesota almost seven years ago.

Meanwhile, the actor is speaking out to ET about his reported suicide attempt.

"I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time," the star says.

CYNTHIA HARDING, a spokeswoman for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, said Owen "is here in good condition," according to The Associated Press. The star had initially been taken to St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica.

Rumors ran rampant this morning throughout Hollywood that Owen may have attempted to take his own life early Sunday, claiming the 'Wedding Crashers' star cut his wrist and took a large quantity of pills.

hawkeyethearcher
08-27-2007, 07:13 PM
looks like he fell down and broke his nose

biglebowski9999
08-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Who nose what really happened?

HalJordanFan
08-27-2007, 10:46 PM

Thats awful!!! Funny, but awful!

Honestly this is sad and pathetic. Another Hollywood star that has anything he wants and he can't handle the fame. And were supposed to feel sorry for him and understand that just because he's famous and super rich doesn't mean he's happy. :stick: Bullsh** if you ask me. Grow up be a man and handle you business! Losers take the easy way out!:thumbsdow

CessnaDriver
08-27-2007, 11:31 PM

Honestly this is sad and pathetic. Another Hollywood star that has anything he wants and he can't handle the fame. And were supposed to feel sorry for him and understand that just because he's famous and super rich doesn't mean he's happy. :stick: Bullsh** if you ask me. Grow up be a man and handle you business! Losers take the easy way out!:thumbsdow

Some folks have diagnosable conditions. Being a sucessful star does not make one immune.
We have no idea the specifics for the guy yet.
Certainly no need to call someone a loser yet.

Reserve that for the obvious celebrity idiots endangering others lives driving drunk, etc.

mwf6171
08-27-2007, 11:51 PM
My wife thinks he is Bi-polar.......

riderV3
08-27-2007, 11:52 PM
Losers take the easy way out!:thumbsdow

That's a boast from idealists.

I don't think suicide is easier than anything.
Of course I'm not promoting suicide but people who choose to do so aren't always losers.

People die and this universe will die sooner or later, nothing is constant. I don't think someone ends his/her life early is always a loser way.
Death is the only known event in our life but people nowadays take this issue way too serious and most of the population are overblowing this ridiculous anthropic principle.

Yeah Owen Wilson shows possible suicide attempt, so? Are we going to end up so different? We'll be dead and rotten, he just tried to accept this event earlier.

Real losers are those who chooses a meaningless life over death or who wants to live forever in prosperity.

patrickwm68
08-27-2007, 11:55 PM
It just goes to show you what we see on TV and films is not the real person. They may seem hip and cool on the Tonight Show but that's the reason they're called actors.

rilynil
08-28-2007, 12:01 AM

Hal, I think you're a more than a bit offbase here.

Having depression problems or being bi-polar has absolutely nothing to do with being a man, needing toughness or any other momo-thinking macho nonesense like that.

Take a couple of whacks: :stick: :stick:

Wolverine1
08-28-2007, 03:32 AM
Oh man, this sux! Why would he be depressed though!

Depression sux! Owen is a great actor, one of my favs!

HalJordanFan
08-28-2007, 08:44 AM
I can see I'm surronded by sensetive people! Where is Lord Odin when I need him? I'm sorry our views aren't the same on this subject, but if he's that SAD go to the doctor and then load yourself up on antidepressants like everyone else does in this country.

Black Cat
08-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Who nose what really happened?

lol big that is funny

Black Cat
08-28-2007, 09:21 AM
I can see I'm surronded by sensetive people! Where is Lord Odin when I need him? I'm sorry our views aren't the same on this subject, but if he's that SAD go to the doctor and then load yourself up on antidepressants like everyone else does in this country.

Here maybe I can help you Hal. I cannot stand it when people try to commit suicide or talk about killing themselves. We all have issues and deal with them so get over it and stop trying to take the easy way out and cope like we all do. For the most part, this is people just trying to get attention. I'm generally talking about people who lose their job, house, etc... There will always be another job and another home. Losing a kid or your spouse now is a whole different story.

rychehitman
08-28-2007, 09:27 AM
Thank God they saved him! Now we dont have to watch Hollywood turn him into some type of genius actor with a compelling body of work that was taken from us too early and his future success was forever lost to us! Ah, life on the B-List!:banghead:

I am not one to judge the book by its cover, but this guy seems to be in a position to not work if he doesnt want too, surround himself with his family, and has the resources to tackle any depression issues he may be having. When someone like this gives such a blatant cry for help, you have to wonder how many people must have SEEN this coming, and kept thier mouth shut. Thats the sad and depressing part. How many of his friends stopped seeing him as a person, and saw him a party train to hitch their car too?

cougartrace
08-28-2007, 10:00 AM
right now its innuendo..don't ASSume to much

rilynil
08-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Here maybe I can help you Hal. I cannot stand people that try to commit suicide or talk about killing themselves. We all have issues and deal with them so get over it and stop trying to take the easy way out and cope like we all do. That is people just trying to get attention.

Without a doubt, you two have no idea how depression works. Ignorance isn't bliss. It's ignorance.

Black Cat
08-28-2007, 10:43 AM
Without a doubt, you two have no idea how depression works. Ignorance isn't bliss. It's ignorance.

Oh I know how it works. I have a few in my family with it. Some take it too far though. I don't think it's everyone that is bad just a select few

The General
08-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Wow it’s getting harder and harder to be rich and famous. :banghead: Imagine how depressed he would be if he was making 30 grand and his rent was $1,600 a month. I know depression is horrible but it’s hard to feel sorry for these guys. I know to him whatever it is that is depressing him is the end of the world so we can’t compare our issues to his. You can’t belittle someone else’s stress because you feel your stress is more stressful than the other guys. That’s not how it works. It’s like someone who has a phobia of clowns. You can’t just tell him “what are you a dumb@ss, it’s only a clown”. To him it’s most terrifying thing in the world. That being said it’s still difficult to feel sorry for these people that have the world by the b@lls and still can’t cope and your sitting there one of the working poor.

rilynil
08-28-2007, 12:49 PM
The most crippling versions of depression come from within, General.

True depression is in response to chemical changes within a person's body. It has nothing to do with money, station in life, marital status or the number of vacations people take a year. Depression frequently comes on without rhyme or reason. No one "decides" to have problems with depression. And it's not a simple matter of "coping."

So, if Owen Wilson is indeed suffering from depression, the question of "whatever it is that is depressing him" is most likely complete outside of his decision-making process until he gets medical help.

RichBamf
08-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Just goes to show that money can't buy the most important things in life.

lord odin
08-28-2007, 12:53 PM
$10 bucks says he`ll be dead by 2010.

rychehitman
08-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Odin...what's the line on Lindsey Lohan?

rilynil
08-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Why do you come to forums if you hate people, Odin?

lord odin
08-28-2007, 12:57 PM
Why do you come to forums if you hate people, Odin?
I don`t hate everyone silly just most of you.:)
Wolverine1:thumbs2:
others:thumbsdow

lord odin
08-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Odin...what's the line on Lindsey Lohan?
I see her kicking the bucket or getting very big within 2 years.

The General
08-28-2007, 12:59 PM
The most crippling versions of depression come from within, General.

True depression is in response to chemical changes within a person's body. It has nothing to do with money, station in life, marital status or the number of vacations people take a year. Depression frequently comes on without rhyme or reason. No one "decides" to have problems with depression. And it's not a simple matter of "coping."

So, if Owen Wilson is indeed suffering from depression, the question of "whatever it is that is depressing him" is most likely complete outside of his decision-making process until he gets medical help.

Oh I know. You’re absolutely correct. I was just saying what I said in a sarcastic way. Most people are depressed by money, marriage and thinks like that – But that’s not really depression. That’s just stress. Depression is a mo fo. I wasn’t trying to downplay real depression. It actually was the complete opposite. I’ve dealt with depression in the past and it wasn’t fun. This guy would have been suicidal regardless of his financial or marital situation

rilynil
08-28-2007, 12:59 PM
I don`t hate everyone silly just most of you.:)
Wolverine1:thumbs2:
others:thumbsdow
:laugh: I like CJ, too.

rilynil
08-28-2007, 01:00 PM
I see her kicking the bucket or getting very big within 2 years.
I think you may be right. That girl is on one seriously destructive road. It's sad to see anyone that out of control of themselves.

rilynil
08-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Oh I know. You’re absolutely correct. I was just saying what I said in a sarcastic way. Most people are depressed by money, marriage and thinks like that – But that’s not really depression. That’s just stress. Depression is a mo fo. I wasn’t trying to downplay real depression. It actually was the complete opposite. I’ve dealt with depression in the past and it wasn’t fun. This guy would have been suicidal regardless of his financial or marital situation
Sorry that I misread your post, General. I didn't pick up on the sarcasm. :( Real depression is very much like having a traitor within yourself.

lord odin
08-28-2007, 01:03 PM
I think you may be right. That girl is on one seriously destructive road. It's sad to see anyone that out of control of themselves.

And it`s sad how her own parents are leaching off her her own mother is more her girlfriend.

rilynil
08-28-2007, 01:07 PM
And it`s sad how her own parents are leaching of her her own mother is more her girlfriend.
She definitely needs a strong father who will step up and say, "Girl, I'm taking you to get help and you're not getting back out in public until I say so." I know she's an adult, but parents should be able to put their foot down.

But then again, if she had a father like this, she probably wouldn't have gotten so screwed up in the first place.

lord odin
08-28-2007, 01:12 PM
She definitely needs a strong father who will step up and say, "Girl, I'm taking you to get help and you're not getting back out in public until I say so." I know she's an adult, but parents should be able to put their foot down.

But then again, if she had a father like this, she probably wouldn't have gotten so screwed up in the first place.

I agree and I don`t see how you can get out of rehab and go club hopping that`s where most of the stuff (drink/drugs) got you into rehab in the first place.

rilynil
08-28-2007, 01:17 PM
And she got into the trouble again the same weekend she got out of rehab! That should be some kind of record if it's not.

And I saw that the judge is not charging her with any felonies after all. Nevermind the cocaine she had and the numerous DUI arrrests. If she had been just some Jane Nobody, she'd already be in jail for screwing up so royally and so often.

HalJordanFan
08-28-2007, 02:18 PM

I'll take that bet. IMO he'll get help and then see the grand picture. Then we'll have to put up with more awful movies like You, Me and Dupree! :banghead:

HalJordanFan
08-28-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm depressed right now, but I'm not going to kill myself or even try to. Because thats retarted!!!! Maybe you guys need to watch the "Gothic Episode" of South Park. Butters said it the best "No thanks, I love life. Stan: But you just got dumped?! Butters: Well yeah and I'm sad, but at the same time I'm really happy that something could make me feel that sad. It's like it makes me feel alive. It makes me feel human. The only way I could feel this sad now is if I felt something really good before. So I have to take the bad with the good, so I guess what I'm feeling is a beautiful sadness. I guess that sounds stupid? Stan: No Butters that doesn't make you sound stupid at all. Thanks for offering to let me be in your click guys, but to be honest I'd rather be a crying little pu**y than a fa**y goth kid."

biglebowski9999
08-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Lindsey needs a strong father-figure to bend her over his knee and give her a good spanking. I wonder if she's too old for me to adopt her?

Gianco
08-28-2007, 03:39 PM

long time ago now!!! :laugh:

riderV3
08-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Lindsey needs a strong father-figure to bend her over his knee and give her a good spanking. I wonder if she's too old for me to adopt her?

I'd give her some serious spanking and she'll call me daddy alright!