PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine claw statue

Hellz Manik
08-28-2007, 05:26 AM
Well, its that time again for another review. Yeah thats right I will be using the richter scale, one or ten nothing in between. This time I decided to do a review on the wolverine claws (Being a huge wolverine fan). So here we go

1. Packaging
I wish I had the box but its up in the attic somewhere. I can describe though, its black and about 25 inches to the top. It simply has the displays of the claws front and back, with the title wolverine in yellow. However, i do remember the packaging, being very secured (Massive taping all around). It took quite a while before opening it up. Once opened it came with four seperate pieces: hand blades, bottom base as well as top and a cylinder.

Package=10

2.Appearance
Once I opened up the package,my very first words were " I think these are real human bones"!!! In simple words I was astounished by the quality of the bone structure as well as the blades. The blades themselves are made of metal and extremely sharp. The feeling of the bone structure felt as if it was a real human body!! yikes!! Now The only thing that might bother some people is that the cylinder is made of plastic....Not that it bothers me but however, im guessing some people would have preferred glass.

Appearance=10

3. Assembly
To assemble the pieces is quite easy, take the bottom piece, place the claw on top, put in the cylinder and seal it with the top piece. Once finished you ask yourself, " WOW" this definetly needs to go in a space alone. The claw measures 22 inches and about 8 inches wide. Also I forgot to mention that bases are pretty thick, so the statue might be just be a little heavy. Also, for precaution i would keep it away from children. The claws are very sharp, so keep it in a safe place and lock it.

Assembly=10

Painting
Sharp silver claws, perfect brush of bone to blend in with the metal. The base is a shiny silver, with 2 black X's. Everything is fully blended in to make this masterpice stand out.

Painting=10

Overall
No matter how you place this statue whether its from the left side, front or back, it looks really good. I got this piece from a collector shop of around $335.00. Im not quite sure how much its worth now. NEVERTHELESS, IF YOU ARE A WOLVERINE FAN THIS IS A MUST PICK UP, IT COMPLETES ANY COLLECTION OF WOLVERINE THAT ONE MAY HAVE!! SURE THEY HAVE WEAPON X WOLVERINE, BUNCH OF WOLVERINE BODY STATUES, ZOMBIE WOLVERINE ETC, HEAD BUSTS!! BUT WOLVERINE IS KNOWN FOR ONE THING.....HIS CLAWS!!!

OVERALL= A 10 !!!!

Thank you amigos, enjoy the pics!!! until next time compadres!!

pdashnut12
08-28-2007, 02:38 PM
great review, but aren't wolverines bones supposed to be laced with adamantium?

lord odin
08-28-2007, 06:17 PM
I sold mine to a friend never even put it together.

glassdancer
08-28-2007, 06:22 PM

..exactly what I argued when I first saw this piece....I was told that I was overthinking it at the time....

Nice to know it isn't just me......:thumbs2:

patrickwm68
08-28-2007, 06:56 PM

I thought the same thing when it came out. :thumbsdow

glassdancer
08-28-2007, 07:10 PM
I thought the same thing when it came out. :thumbsdow

..sweet!!

I'm not over analyzing!!!!:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Hellz Manik
08-29-2007, 12:59 AM
im glad that you guys analyzed this statue. Imagine if they were more creators out there who actually analyzed their product before it even came out. It would be such a perfect world. However you have creators that settle for mediocre looking pieces. All we can do is to hope that something better comes along.

glassdancer
08-29-2007, 02:31 AM
im glad that you guys analyzed this statue. Imagine if they were more creators out there who actually analyzed their product before it even came out. It would be such a perfect world. However you have creators that settle for mediocre looking pieces. All we can do is to hope that something better comes along.

...Amen, brother!!!

GULO
08-29-2007, 09:28 AM
didnt randy make that piece:confused2

abarron
08-29-2007, 09:43 AM

Thats what i thought the first time i saw this on ebay.
I have also seen one where it looks like the adamantium bits on it we screwed to the bone rather that laced to it

Vracula
09-29-2007, 01:02 AM
bottom line its a good piece.
i dont really care for the lacing and all that.it looks good thats all there is to it.

IronLungs31
03-12-2009, 11:40 AM
I was totally expecting to see the other set of claws. Those claws are much better for displaying than these.