PDA

View Full Version : Clearing the shelves... run zurb run!!!

Colossus
02-01-2005, 07:03 AM
Just got finished clearing some shelf space for my incoming LotR busts. Coming to realize it is time for another display case myself lol. Well anxios cant wait for stuff to start to arrive. Just got a morgul lord statue on the way too woot!

But........................................

My fiancee wants to shoot me though, she says I am spending to much. I showed her the Zurb guide to collecting though chapter 1 "Thou cant never spend too much on a statue or too little so long as you get it!" and chapter 4: " thou shal postpone any prior engagements ie. weddings, graduations, bar mitzvah, etc etc etc... if there is a chance to further the collection.". And chapter 13 "If thou are about to go bankrupt buy as many statues on credit as possible and hide them!".

Soon as I told her all that she went straight to my gun cabinet and was out the door saying something about getting that damn zurb!!! I dunno man I tried to stop her for ya but she was crazy.

Good thing is though as she left I remembered chapter 19, the final chapter "Sell thy friends out if there is a chance to save your collection."

:eplus2: :eplus2:

Comicboy
02-01-2005, 07:20 AM
Zurb, the scourge of wives everywhere. You poor bastidge. Your a marked man in what, at least 2 states now, maybe more. Keep going like this and you'll have to go underground.
Colossus, you are going to love the ML. It's just too cool! Wait until you get sight of that mace.

Tattoo-X
02-01-2005, 07:57 AM
I'm starting to feel left out. I may have to get a LotR bust soon.

Comicboy
02-01-2005, 08:01 AM
You can't get just one... If you get one they will lay you out and call their buddies.

RickDTM
02-01-2005, 08:26 AM
You can't get just one... If you get one they will lay you out and call their buddies.

Listen to him TattooX, he's not kidding....it's when they kick you in the ribs it hurts the most. Then they force you to bid on or order their friends and the cycle continues.

Colossus- Damn that was funny. I've already sent my apologies to Zurb. I think I see the torches now....

Tattoo-X
02-01-2005, 08:54 AM
Gawd, my wife is going to be pissed. I've been using her account, and just auctioned watched a bunch of LotR busts. I'm going to get an ear full in the morning.
But I'm cutting back on Marvel things, so there's no way I'll get very many. I'm not that interested in them, or I would have had some by now.
I'd like to get Lord Elrond and place him next to my Agent Smith bust.
I'll use the excuse with Gimli that we both like the character and the actor. ;)
Wish me luck. :)

RickDTM
02-01-2005, 08:58 AM
Gawd, my wife is going to be pissed. I've been using her account, and just auctioned watched a bunch of LotR busts. I'm going to get an ear full in the morning.
But I'm cutting back on Marvel things, so there's no way I'll get very many. I'm not that interested in them, or I would have had some by now.
I'd like to get Lord Elrond and place him next to my Agent Smith bust.
I'll use the excuse with Gimli that we both like the character and the actor. ;)
Wish me luck. :)

Heheheh...see what I mean?? And the cycle continues.... :eplus2:

Tattoo-X
02-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Now you guys stop that. :stick:

Zurbaran1
02-01-2005, 09:40 AM
Colossus, LOL

:eek: :eek:

But sheesh, with friends like these who needs enemies!!!!

You guys are all Doomed. Doomed. Doomed I say!!!!

Soon I shall be done!!! And then I will sit back and watch as you all fall deeper and deeper into the hole.

Hell, I'm used to being chased by women :eplus2:
Just don't really care much when they're carrying shotguns or other weapons

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

Tattoo-X
02-01-2005, 09:43 AM
I just crawled into bed and whispered to my wife that I was finally tired enough to go to sleep. That I drank a wine cooler, and the usual sex would help too. Just got the usual sleepy return kiss. Then I mentioned that I'm getting some LotR items, and up pops her head, eyes all wide. Then shaking her fist in my face. I just can't stop laughing. I told you guys. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

RickDTM
02-01-2005, 09:45 AM
I just crawled into bed and whispered to my wife that I was finally tired enough to go to sleep. That I drank a wine cooler, and the usual sex would help too. Just got the usual sleepy return kiss. Then I mentioned that I'm getting some LotR items, and up pops her head, eyes all wide. Then shaking her fist in my face. I just can't stop laughing. I told you guys.

Selective hearing is a wonderful female trait.... :laugh:

Danno
02-01-2005, 09:54 AM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is too funny, but I'm tellin' ya.....use the technique! Keep bugging them until they are happy to see you own it, so they don't have to listen to you say "gee...that is awesome ain't it honey" during the middle of their favorite shows.

RickDTM
02-01-2005, 09:56 AM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is too funny, but I'm tellin' ya.....use the technique! Keep bugging them until they are happy to see you own it, so they don't have to listen to you say "gee...that is awesome ain't it honey" during the middle of their favorite shows.

Is this before or after she tell you to, "Shut the F*ck up!" ;D

Zurbaran1
02-01-2005, 10:01 AM

I think Danno is on to something here. You should patent this method, put it into a little booklet with some pictures of you in action and then sell it on late night TV or ebay for $10. "Get it Past Your Wife the Danno Way" or "Danno for Geek Dummies."

RickDTM
02-01-2005, 10:04 AM
I want to read more of the "Zurb's Guide to Collecting"!! :D

Danno
02-01-2005, 10:37 AM
I want to read more of the "Zurb's Guide to Collecting"!! :D

I'm with you there....time to write a book I think!

Zurbaran1
02-01-2005, 10:38 AM
I'm with you there....time to write a book I think!

I'm working on it, stay tuned :eplus2:

Danno
02-01-2005, 10:41 AM
I'm working on it, stay tuned :eplus2:

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

Sniper
02-01-2005, 10:42 AM
you guys with houses and room to display your stuff suck!!!! :laugh:

FengShuiStein
02-01-2005, 10:45 AM
Will there be a chapter on dealing with spousal violence? :stick:

-Phil

RickDTM
02-01-2005, 10:45 AM

Houses probably....room to display?? Are you nutz!? :D

Zurbaran1
02-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Will there be a chapter on dealing with spousal violence? :stick:

-Phil

Two in fact. One on giving and the other on receiving. I'm much more of an expert on the latter though :laugh:

RickDTM
02-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Two in fact. One on giving and the other on receiving. I'm much more of an expert on the latter though :laugh:

Oh man...aren't we all!! The Eye is ever watchful....

silverageguy
02-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Zurb,
How are you coming on getting your office ready for shelving?
You take such fantastic photos of the items you receive, it's about time to get your collection out of the boxes and onto some shelves.

Rather than a "Guide" I do think it is time for you to write a Mission Statement and here's a suggestion of where you might start:

"I must have everything Sideshow LOTR."

http://66.98.242.87/~admin11/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Zurbaran1
02-01-2005, 11:03 AM
Won't start on the office till I have a handle on the Quest. But that should be soon. I want these babies out of the boxes more than anyone.

RickDTM
02-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Won't start on the office till I have a handle on the Quest. But that should be soon. I want these babies out of the boxes more than anyone.

What's left Z?

Zurbaran1
02-01-2005, 11:57 AM
What's left Z?

Balrog 1
Cave Troll
Stone Trolls
Witch King of Angmar
Moria Orc Swordsman
Moria Orc Archer
The Watcher in the Water
Fellowship Weapons Set #1 (working on one right now)
New born Uruk-hai (my dealer was supposed to get me one but now he's not sure)

Sniper
02-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Damn Money List Zurb!!!

bigben7
02-01-2005, 02:37 PM
you guys are like crack! i never even looked at the lotr busts and statues. love the movies. now i see myelsf checkign them out. but i resist!1 i will not bid or buy!! i will not. bowen only! in lucky fiance lets me buy all the marvel bowen stuff without killin meor chewing my ears off

RickDTM
02-01-2005, 02:38 PM
you guys are like crack! i never even looked at the lotr busts and statues. love the movies. now i see myelsf checkign them out. but i resist!1 i will not bid or buy!! i will not. bowen only! in lucky fiance lets me buy all the marvel bowen stuff without killin meor chewing my ears off

Suuuuure....you say that now... :D We've heard that before....and said it ourselves!!

Colossus
02-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Bigben its too late. I thought I would just look, wrong..... 2 weeks later i got 11 busts and a fullsize coming in. Only suggestion if you wanna stop now is grab a hammer and smash your cable modem, and loose any friends with internet access.

RickDTM
02-01-2005, 04:57 PM
Bigben its too late. I thought I would just look, wrong..... 2 weeks later i got 11 busts and a fullsize coming in. Only suggestion if you wanna stop now is grab a hammer and smash your cable modem, and loose any friends with internet access.

Spoken like a true Hole dweller!! :buttrock:

Tattoo-X
02-01-2005, 04:57 PM
I must suck big time.
Every item is on display (except a few of my wife's - that's her problem) and every box kept. :eplus2:

RickDTM
02-01-2005, 07:37 PM
I must suck big time.
Every item is on display (except a few of my wife's - that's her problem) and every box kept. :eplus2:

Why yes....yes you do. :D

Colossus
02-01-2005, 08:29 PM
buaahaaahahahahaha just got in ringwraith and steed in damn do they look sweeeet.Don't worry zurb come whatever may I will follow your teachings and guard the precious!

RickDTM
02-01-2005, 11:11 PM
buaahaaahahahahaha just got in ringwraith and steed in damn do they look sweeeet.Don't worry zurb come whatever may I will follow your teachings and guard the precious!

Ahhhhh another devoted disciple.... :eplus2:

Wayne Industries
02-01-2005, 11:17 PM
my wife is a huge LOTR fan and , get this, WANTS me to start with my collection before it's too late...... :eek: and she doesn't want me to sell any of my Bowen stuff to boot......can't really complain, just have to make a lot more money.... :banghead:

FengShuiStein
02-01-2005, 11:32 PM
my wife is a huge LOTR fan and , get this, WANTS me to start with my collection before it's too late...... :eek: and she doesn't want me to sell any of my Bowen stuff to boot......can't really complain, just have to make a lot more money.... :banghead:

OK, do not - DO NOT - let this woman go.

-Phil

RickDTM
02-01-2005, 11:34 PM

OMG!! Does she have a sister!? :D

Zurbaran1
02-01-2005, 11:42 PM

Uh...Rick....you're married.

RickDTM
02-01-2005, 11:45 PM
Uh...Rick....you're married.

Oh! Yeah....damn. :D

Danno
02-02-2005, 12:22 AM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You gotta love a woman like that!!!!

MONSTER
02-02-2005, 12:27 AM

It sounds too good to be true. She must want something. I see a shopping spree in her near future!

Wayne Industries
02-02-2005, 01:34 AM
It sounds too good to be true. She must want something. I see a shopping spree in her near future!

you got that right...... :thumbs2: well as I said, she's a LOTR freak.....actually she's watching the EE ROTK right now.....

Wayne Industries
02-02-2005, 01:36 AM

lol .. :laugh: .sorry no luck there.......

Bullseye
02-02-2005, 08:06 AM
There's always a trade off...usually involves jewellery.

RickDTM
02-02-2005, 08:38 AM
lol .. :laugh: .sorry no luck there.......

Ahh well, the missus is a little narrow minded about things like that anyway... :D

Mine's a keeper, but BOY, when she flashes that flaming, lidless Eye at me for yet another box appearing at the doorstep....YOW!! :confused2

Tattoo-X
02-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Selective hearing is a wonderful female trait.... :laugh:
Also deleting all the items I had "auction watch." :banghead:

Colossus
02-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Tell her this:
"Look here missy I want you to go in the kitchen and make me a pie!!! And whens dinner... ohh you don't know???? See what time it is and tell me. Theres a clock on the stove!!". "Mind your business what I buy I am the man here!!!".

ps if my fiancee ever reads this forum I am a dead man

Bullseye
02-03-2005, 06:23 PM
Tell her this:
"Look here missy I want you to go in the kitchen and make me a pie!!! And whens dinner... ohh you don't know???? See what time it is and tell me. Theres a clock on the stove!!". "Mind your business what I buy I am the man here!!!".

ps if my fiancee ever reads this forum I am a dead man

Why do you call yourself Colossus? :laugh: :laugh:

Colossus
02-03-2005, 06:42 PM
if she read this message she would turn into the juggernaut and I seen colossus get his a$$ kicked by juggy.

RickDTM
02-03-2005, 06:58 PM
if she read this message she would turn into the juggernaut and I seen colossus get his a$$ kicked by juggy.

Realllllllyyyy.....:eplus2:

I see a LOTR statue in my future...you may call it blackmail, but I call it "opportunity".....

Colossus
02-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Hey dude seriously man don't do that. Forget that chapter about selling out friends it was all a joke right zurb?

Bullseye
02-03-2005, 07:23 PM
Colossus I'm looking for Treebeard. should'nt cost you too much.