PDA

View Full Version : Next SS Marvel offering is <Drum Roll>

The General
02-01-2005, 06:05 PM
The Punisher.

Here's the info from the UK toyfair.

Sideshow Toy revealed who their 3rd 1/4 Scale Marvel figure will be at this year's UK ToyFair, and Marvel fans may be quite pleased when they find out the details...

Now I know that some of you weren't too happy with the sytlized look of the 1/4 Scale Wolverine and Green Goblin, but Marvel shouldn't give up on Sideshow Toys' 1/4 Scale line just yet.

The 3rd release will be the Punisher.

What some fans will be pleased to know is that it won't be stylized like previous releases. I'm not sure whose style they are going after, cos I'm not too hot on Punisher artists, but the hair is slicked right back.

The figure is dressed in Black Combats and a black Punisher T-Shirt and is posed with both pistols outstretched, and a automatic weapon hanging off of one shoulder.

It also comes with a very nice, punisher skull shaped base.

Look for this to be released in August 2005.

We shall see.

Tattoo-X
02-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Personally, I don't a rats ass. Don't care for these statues (over priced Barbie dolls, IMO), nor the character very much. Beast and Venom I'd buy, but that's it at this point.

Bullseye
02-01-2005, 06:42 PM
I liked the GG but not Logan. It will be interesting to see. But I would prefer they didn't use mixed mediums.

The General
02-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Personally, I don't a rats ass. Don't care for these statues (over priced Barbie dolls, IMO), nor the character very much. Beast and Venom I'd buy, but that's it at this point.
Relax there Tatts. Don't kill the messenger. I've haven't bought any of those 18" doll/statues but I did order the new count orlock black & white one that went up for pre-order.

Tatts, have you ever seen one of these sideshow 18" doll/statues in person? I have and let me tell you they are more than just big over priced barbie dolls. These things are super detailed museum quality pieces. My local shop always gets them in. The Dracula, Frankenstien, 007 and Vampire figures looked incredible. I do admitt that Logan was a disgrace as far as how he looked.

The General
02-01-2005, 06:56 PM
I liked the GG but not Logan. It will be interesting to see. But I would prefer they didn't use mixed mediums.
I liked the GG also but didn't have an extra $300 handy so I had to pass.

Bullseye
02-01-2005, 06:57 PM
I agree General they are overpriced. But they are huge.

grendelscott
02-01-2005, 06:58 PM
I hated Logan the first time I saw the picture. I saw the prototype in SD and it was a lot better than the pics. The Punisher sounds pretty cool. Thanks for the info General...

The General
02-01-2005, 07:03 PM
I agree General they are overpriced. But they are huge.
I agree that they are pricey but they are huge and incredible detailed. Those statue/dolls are very expensive stuff. Look at these other companies that sell similar dolls, they are just as and very often more expensive than Sideshows. I saw a statue/doll of a little girl and it was like $500. This isn't your run of the mill statue or big doll.

Bullseye
02-01-2005, 07:27 PM
I'm surprised by the characters so far. They could have come out all guns blazing but they haven't.

Ray Villafane
02-01-2005, 09:33 PM
Sideshow has put out some amazing stuff and I'm sure this Punisher will be no exception. Can't wait to see images of it.

Zurbaran1
02-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Sideshow has put out some amazing stuff and I'm sure this Punisher will be no exception. Can't wait to see images of it.

Ray, I could see you doing something for Sideshow. That would be very interesting indeed. :)

DEAD_MAN
02-02-2005, 03:09 AM
I heard from a source that storm will follow.
But...

Marvel is Bowen
Bowen is Marvel :buttrock:

period

Bullseye
02-02-2005, 07:49 AM
I heard Elektra was next.