PDA

View Full Version : Bone Structure

abarron
02-02-2005, 11:37 AM
I was just wondering if Artists/Creators take into account bone structure when they create new characters. Most characters i guess just have a regular skeleton but what about angel and nightcrawler and the ultimate longshot who only has 3 fingers on each hand.
Do creators take into account the actual mechanics of how these things work or do they just think it looks cool.

I know humans cant do optic blasts or have claws coming out of their hands but i was just think about gettting the whole form of a character to work. Like ih angel really had wings would he beable to fly or would real wings be to heavy and how does he actually control them??

Just curious thats all

Perna
02-02-2005, 12:25 PM
I think so. If a sculptor or artists ignores the underlying bone structure and muscle mass, the characters will look off. Even in 2D the characters have to look like they have weight to them.

Darci
02-03-2005, 07:10 PM
It seems to me that they'd have to use something like the armatures that stop-motion animators like Willis O'Brien, Jim Danforth, and Ray Harryhausen use. For characters like Marvel's Angel or DC's Silver Swan, they'd use armatures like Ray used in "Jason and the Argonauts" for the harpies.