PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION ABOUT XBOX 360

CocoPUFF
09-13-2007, 08:11 PM
I am currently selling mine on the bay to upgrade to an xbox elite. My question is how do you take all of your info off of the xbox (CC info, Profile, etc....). I don't want the winner taking home my info as well...thanks..

goodydog12
09-13-2007, 08:17 PM
i dont know dude, but you may want to go to Game Crazy and trade it in. i got the going ebay rate for trade in and they put my memory on the elite for me via transfer cable.

Krypton Knight
09-13-2007, 08:18 PM
I would think that all that info is stored on the removable hard drive. Keep the hard drive and sell the unit an you should be ok.

goodydog12
09-13-2007, 08:21 PM
he's right, the information is stored on the hard drive. If you buy the elite first, contact microsoft for a transfer kit and they will send you one for free. transfer the memory, and then sell the original on ebay.

CocoPUFF
09-13-2007, 08:44 PM
at game crazy over here they are only gonna give me like 200 including the extras I have with it..:thumbsdow

snappahead
09-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Yes...MOST of your data is stored on the hdd. There's a small amount of internal memory in the 360 for system settings, so if you've had to do something special for your XBL connection settings for example, you'd have to it over again with the new system.

They do have a cable that you can get for the hdd that is for transfering the memory from one hdd to another. The 120 gig hdd that's sold in stores comes with this, but if you don't have one, I believe you have to send off to MS for one, cause they're not sold seperately.

snappahead
09-13-2007, 09:25 PM
he's right, the information is stored on the hard drive. If you buy the elite first, contact microsoft for a transfer kit and they will send you one for free. transfer the memory, and then sell the original on ebay.

or you could've just read this post LOL..I hate it when I miss stuff like this.

xreynoldsxcorex
09-13-2007, 11:17 PM
I would not try to sell it on ebay. I have tried numerous times to sell my ps2 and gamecube and every time i get screwed. It will reach a nice amount of money then the person will never pay, OR ( and this has happened to me 4 times already) someone buys it and wants me to send it to their "doctor son" in africa and will send me a check once I email them a proof of shipment. No joke this has happened to me a lot. I just can't get rid of my old units so they just sit there.

But good luck to you.

CocoPUFF
09-14-2007, 09:49 AM
I would not try to sell it on ebay. I have tried numerous times to sell my ps2 and gamecube and every time i get screwed. It will reach a nice amount of money then the person will never pay, OR ( and this has happened to me 4 times already) someone buys it and wants me to send it to their "doctor son" in africa and will send me a check once I email them a proof of shipment. No joke this has happened to me a lot. I just can't get rid of my old units so they just sit there.

But good luck to you.

I recently sold my ps2 on the bay with no problems...I have faith my friend...i checked the hard drive and all that is there is info for games i have downloaded..:confused: wonder if there is a way to just wipe the memeory for good...puge it of everything..

cougartrace
09-14-2007, 09:51 AM
There is an option in the System tab to erase hard drive, Coco. I think that should do it for you.

Endless Wake
09-14-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm getting a system and leaning towards the Elite for Halo3 because of the HDMI, but the truth is I'll probably never need the 120 GB.

Should I just settle for the core system?

snappahead
09-14-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm getting a system and leaning towards the Elite for Halo3 because of the HDMI, but the truth is I'll probably never need the 120 GB.

Should I just settle for the core system?

The new "Pro" models also have HDMI. If that was the only thing you really needed, I'd go with that. If 20 gigs is enough for you, the Pro will be fine. I wouldn't buy a Core. Those are going to be old models. Just check the side of the box of the Pro. It'll tell you if it's got hdmi or not. If it doesn't say hdmi..it's an older model and you should avoid it.

Endless Wake
09-14-2007, 12:40 PM
The new "Pro" models also have HDMI. If that was the only thing you really needed, I'd go with that. If 20 gigs is enough for you, the Pro will be fine. I wouldn't buy a Core. Those are going to be old models. Just check the side of the box of the Pro. It'll tell you if it's got hdmi or not. If it doesn't say hdmi..it's an older model and you should avoid it.Sounds like the way to go, thanks snapp.

snappahead
09-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Sounds like the way to go, thanks snapp.

NP...I was in the same spot not too long ago and had to go from store to store looking for Pros with hdmi written on the box. They weren't that hard to find, but I felt stupid pulling out the boxes at Best Buy so I could read them hehe. BTW...It's on the side where the contents are shown. Under system specs.

Devils Drifter
09-14-2007, 05:01 PM
I just got an elite yesterday. I haven't had much chance to mess with it but I have it hooked up through the HDMI cable and the DVD's look 10x better now.

HalJordanFan
09-15-2007, 07:00 AM
I've had an elite for months and I barely play the damn thing, but considering that all of the new TV's are coming with HDMI go with the elite. It'll make a big difference if you can take full advantage of your tv and systems maximum output.

goodydog12
09-15-2007, 10:06 AM
be cautioned about buying anything other than an elite! i read a report somewhere about xbox, and they use better parts for the elite! all of the other systems have parts that aren't as good as the elite. i couldnt believe it when i read it. Buy the elite dude....supposedly they are better and are not supposed to get the 3 rings. That's why i traded for it and not the premium with the hdmi

CocoPUFF
09-15-2007, 10:31 AM
be cautioned about buying anything other than an elite! i read a report somewhere about xbox, and they use better parts for the elite! all of the other systems have parts that aren't as good as the elite. i couldnt believe it when i read it. Buy the elite dude....supposedly they are better and are not supposed to get the 3 rings. That's why i traded for it and not the premium with the hdmi

very interesting....can you post a link?

goodydog12
09-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Sorry...I cant remember where I read it. It was at least a month ago and it was probably on ign (I tend to get most of my info there).

snappahead
09-15-2007, 02:47 PM
I doubt that's true goodydog. Based on what I've read, the Elites have a slightly different design inside that has more cooling wells. Simply put, it's suppose to help with the overheating problem, but at the moment, the chipsets are the same ones being used in the Pro version. The new chipset which is being called "Falcon" hasn't been implemented yet and when it does, all models will be recieving it. That's the latest I've heard anyways.

Endless Wake
09-16-2007, 07:38 AM
Just preordered the Halo 3 edition and I'll go pick it up at noon.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d100/endlesswake/xbox360h3.jpg

CocoPUFF
09-17-2007, 12:35 AM
Just preordered the Halo 3 edition and I'll go pick it up at noon.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d100/endlesswake/xbox360h3.jpg

pre ordered one of these also...but went in this morning, cancelled it, and took the elite instead...The way I see it, its 50 more bucks for 100 more gigs of space....plus I'm not that huge of a halo fan anyways.

chromesamurai
09-17-2007, 02:18 AM
Very smart. The fact that they only stuck a 20G hard drive in the Halo one kills it for me.

snappahead
09-17-2007, 04:32 AM
Gotta agree with these guys, Wake...if you can afford it (which I assume you can) I'd go with the Elite. It's not just a bigger hdd, but a better internal design which will help prevent the now legendary red ring of death.

CocoPUFF
09-17-2007, 10:21 AM
well....the Elite is sweet! It also runs TEN TIMES quieter than my other 360. And the resolution via HDMI is fantastic!

Endless Wake
09-17-2007, 10:32 AM
Gotta agree with these guys, Wake...if you can afford it (which I assume you can) I'd go with the Elite. It's not just a bigger hdd, but a better internal design which will help prevent the now legendary red ring of death.I was torn between the two, but besides the Halo series I almost never play so the 20 GB drive doesn't bother me. I was reading on some forums that the Halo 3 editions are the most recent made (mine says 8/1/07), with smaller and lighter power bricks, which lead a few people on there to sell their Elites and pick up a H3 edition. My brother loves to play so he picked up an Elite, it just made sense for him.