PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3's almost here

snappahead
09-19-2007, 04:14 AM
So who's getting this one? I'm an fps junkie, so of course I'm picking this one up as soon as I can. I might be one of the few who doesn't play this online though. I've found the online community for this game to be almost unbearable. Plus, fps games to me at least always seems to devolve into a pointless, run and gun tedium when you play them online.

I was WAY more excited about the launch of Halo 2 than I am for this one. Part 2 was such a disappointment from a single player standpoint that it's killed alot of my anticipation for part 3. It's kinda like when the second Matrix movie came out. Everyone loved the first one and couldn't wait for the sequel. After the second one came out everyone seemed bummed and suddenly became alot less interested in the third movie. At least with this one, we know the story will end (no infuriating cliffhanger). Well, I assume it does anyways. I've done everything I can to avoid reading anything about the story in this one.

Anyways, what say ye?

Archangel
09-19-2007, 04:52 AM
I've got my preordered and will pick it up at 12:01 Monday night... that means I should be online around 12:15!!!

Endless Wake
09-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Halo 3 is the only reason I got a 360. I don't even play the story modes, I just enjoy playing against my brothers and friends.

cougartrace
09-19-2007, 09:57 AM
my preorder is in, but my son will be playing it more than me

Justin
09-19-2007, 10:03 AM
I'll be picking this game up when it's released in Australia

HalJordanFan
09-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Halo 3 is the only reason I even got a 360. I don't even play the story modes, I just enjoy playing against my brothers and friends.

Your insane!!! GOW is just as good if not better that Halo. Both games are equally worth getting the system for.

RichBamf
09-19-2007, 10:36 AM
I won't be playing online either, I hate the ultra competitive aspect, it's just a game for Chrissakes!

Justin
09-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Your insane!!! GOF is just as good if not better that Halo. Both games are equally worth getting the system for.

Do you mean Gears Of War HJF? :confused:

statman
09-19-2007, 10:48 AM
I'm going to buy an XBox 360 just so my son and I can play Halo 3. :thumbs2:

I can't wait!

glassdancer
09-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Halo 3 is the only reason I even got a 360. I don't even play the story modes, I just enjoy playing against my brothers and friends.

a 360 is on my wishlist for Christmas this year, Santa. I've been a g good guy this year!!!

I'm with you, Endless,..it will basically be the ONLY reason why I get a 360 as well.

Soon, soon, soon!!!!

twinzs
09-19-2007, 10:55 AM
I have mine on pre order. I enjoy the game but 60% of the online community are just annoying.

Endless Wake
09-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Your insane!!! GOF is just as good if not better that Halo. Both games are equally worth getting the system for.I'll give Gears of War a shot after Halo3.

CocoPUFF
09-19-2007, 01:20 PM
I'll pick this up in the first week of OCtober, after the rush...I have my copy reserved anyways..

Model Giants
09-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Is it tuesday yet?

HalJordanFan
09-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Glassdancer make sure you get the elite.

Model Giants
09-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Glassdancer make sure you get the elite.

Yes the elite is the way to go...I went yesterday and pondered buying the Halo limitd edition 360 until I found out it just had the small hard drive on it....So I'll just kep my elite even if the halo 360 looks sweet..:thumbs2:

thecallahan
09-21-2007, 08:48 AM
You can always get the Halo 3 version, sell the HD and but the bigger hd :D

But I can't wait for this either. You can do up to four player co-op with this and that includes online! :buttrock: that and playing vs. against friends is why this game is great.

Halo3 will keep me more than occupied until Mass Effect comes out (man that game looks insane good) so I'll be a happy gamer for a while.

Endless Wake
09-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Is it possible to play the game with your teammates screen views even if your on different systems?

Something like this;
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d100/endlesswake/split.jpg

Its easier to see what people are up to when all you have to do is glance at their screens.

thecallahan
09-21-2007, 10:49 AM
I think you only get that when you're on the same tv. I prefer not seeing someone elses screen. Especially when it's HD baby!

snappahead
09-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Is it possible to play the game with your teammates screen views even if your on different systems?

Something like this;
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d100/endlesswake/split.jpg

Its easier to see what people are up to when all you have to do is glance at their screens.

Hehe..I think they call that cheating. I really enjoy splitscreening though. It's nice to have the guys your playing against sitting next to you in the same room. More fun that way. It's nice to have a nice full screen hd picture too though.

Endless Wake
09-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Hehe..I think they call that cheating. I really enjoy splitscreening though. It's nice to have the guys your playing against sitting next to you in the same room. More fun that way. It's nice to have a nice full screen hd picture too though.Really? We use to play 4 people in one room on one tv against another 4 in another room. It's so easy to see what your team is doing instead always asking 'Where are you?'

snappahead
09-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Really? We use to play 4 people in one room on one tv against another 4 in another room. It's so easy to see what your team is doing instead always asking 'Where are you?'

Well, yeah..it's an inevitabilty when your'e playing splitscreen to occassionally notice where someone else is, but if your'e going outta your way to study their screens, then it's a bit of cheatin no? I mean...your'e not suppose to know where they are. Kinda makes it hard to snipe someone or sneak up behind someone. It's a small price to pay for playin in the same room, but yeah..I think that's on of the reasons people seem to prefer online. Noone peakin.

Endless Wake
09-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Well, yeah..it's an inevitabilty when your'e playing splitscreen to occassionally notice where someone else is, but if your'e going outta your way to study their screens, then it's a bit of cheatin no? I mean...your'e not suppose to know where they are. Kinda makes it hard to snipe someone or sneak up behind someone. It's a small price to pay for playin in the same room, but yeah..I think that's on of the reasons people seem to prefer online. Noone peakin.Different teams on the same tv, yeah thats no fun. But same team on the same tv, that should be allowed.

TheGreyOne
09-21-2007, 08:52 PM
Have not preordered... deciding on weather to go at midnight or just wait until noon on Tuesday... can't wait to play Co-op with others... I'm not much of a Deathmatch person... my bro is though. :)

Endless Wake
09-21-2007, 10:02 PM
Have not preordered... deciding on weather to go at midnight or just wait until noon on Tuesday... can't wait to play Co-op with others... I'm not much of a Deathmatch person... my bro is though. :)I'm tired of waiting on long lines for hours and hours, so I'm passing on the midnight launch. I'll pick it up at 9:00am Tuesday.

Endless Wake
09-22-2007, 12:44 AM
Read on another forum that the Metal Case editions may have scratches on the disc due to poor packaging.

Link with some pics;

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=547836

twinzs
09-22-2007, 01:50 AM
Read on another forum that the Metal Case editions may have scratches on the disc due to poor packaging.

Link with some pics;

Man that sucks isn't that 120?

snappahead
09-22-2007, 02:14 AM
I gotta buddy who's a manager at the local Gamestop and they're expecting 300 people at midnight. It's the biggest launch in the history of the store franchise. It's BIG. He showed me the back room and there were mountains of boxes already there. They have 90 Legendary sets pre-ordered. That's the $130 box set of Halo 3. 90! Around a thousand total pre-orders and this isn't even a big town.

Anyone looking to do a midnight launch run, might wanna doa drive by and check your local shop, cause this thing's gonna be nuts.

TheGreyOne
09-22-2007, 04:50 AM
It only took two of you guys to convince me... I'll wait until around noonish Tuesday to get it... :D

I never did a midnight thing of anything... but I'll skip this one also...

Endless Wake
09-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Man that sucks isn't that 120?No that's the Legendary set, the metal case is only $10 bucks more than the regular, $69.99.

twinzs
09-22-2007, 11:19 AM
No that's the Legendary set, the metal case is only $10 bucks more than the regular, $69.99.

oh, ok I don't buy any of the "limited" edition sets for games I just want to play. The guy that runs the game crazy I shop at was telling me about the Legendary set. Sounds crazy but it really does fit for halo

Zurbaran1
09-22-2007, 11:27 AM

Link with some pics;

That sucks! I looked around on the Web and it seems like this is a real problem with most of the LEs. Lots of scratched discs. I just cancelled my pre-order with Amazon and ordered the regular edition instead.

Endless Wake
09-22-2007, 12:04 PM
That sucks! I looked around on the Web and it seems like this is a real problem with most of the LEs. Lots of scratched discs. I just cancelled my pre-order with Amazon and ordered the regular edition instead.Yeah I was planning on upgrading to the LE but I'll stick with my regular edition instead.

Endless Wake
09-22-2007, 02:08 PM
All new commercial, with two veterans at the museum discussing the weapons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjLuqfb-1-4

snappahead
09-22-2007, 03:31 PM
Man that sucks isn't that 120?

I'm still getting the Limited. I'm a sucker for those tin cases:D Worst case, I'll just have to return it for a new one if I get a scratched disc. You should be able to shake it and tell if anything's rattling loose inside. I do that with all of my games and dvds.

Endless Wake
09-22-2007, 05:39 PM
And yet another new ad;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1zWeaVZpsM

twinzs
09-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Do you guys plan on playing the actual game first or going straight online?

Endless Wake
09-22-2007, 07:26 PM
Do you guys plan on playing the actual game first or going straight online?
Straight online.

snappahead
09-23-2007, 05:20 AM
Campaign for me. Online blows IMO.

Endless Wake
09-23-2007, 06:07 AM
The matchmaking playlists; New games and rules

http://www.bungie.net/news/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=12802

heykool69
09-23-2007, 02:45 PM
any of you getting this set? it's from this week's ad from Best Buy for $129.
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q8/heykool69/halo3.jpg
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q8/heykool69/halo3_legendary.jpg

DSET
09-23-2007, 04:28 PM

Unfortunately the campaign is only 10-13 hours long on heroic and 9-10 on normal, and the co-op is half the lengths of that. Halo is all about multi

twinzs
09-23-2007, 06:18 PM

That helmet would be sweet to have on display. I'm still considering buying a Master Chief bust

Ink
09-23-2007, 07:06 PM

where dammit:eek:

outlikealight
09-23-2007, 07:44 PM

This is the Lengendary Edition. I am getting this and the Master Chief statue tomorrow night at midnight. I will display them together. Should be cool :buttrock: .

outlikealight
09-23-2007, 08:24 PM
The reviews are starting to roll out. All of them are 9.5/10 or 10/10. Here is the Gamespot review.Tomorrow night can't come soon enough.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/halo3/review.html?sid=6179646&tag=topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

Out

cap70
09-23-2007, 08:33 PM
CANNOT WAIT!
I will have to take some days off work to play this one. ;)

snappahead
09-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Unfortunately the campaign is only 10-13 hours long on heroic and 9-10 on normal, and the co-op is half the lengths of that. Halo is all about multi

Not for me. I'll be playing this game for a long time without ever bothering with the kid infested VS modes. SP, CO-OP and online CO-OP are all I'll need. Mark my words..this game will reach new levels of irritation once every kid with Halo 3 (which is pretty much every kid who plays xbl) starts crawling outta the woodworks. And nowadays, that takes about 24 hours. That's why I avoided Halo 2 online at all costs. It took me a week of playing that when it first came out to realize that it wasn't worth it for me. I wish it wasn't the case but it is. Especially with Halo. It's epidemic with Halo.

Endless Wake
09-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Bungie is promising a new way of player ranking that will separate those that want to truly compete and those who are there for fun. The ranked games will not have any chatter among the players.

Endless Wake
09-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Video compare the graphics of Halo 1 , 2 , 3
Very cool, leaves no doubt about the graphics.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25482.html

twinzs
09-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Bungie is promising a new way of player ranking that will separate those that want to truly compete and those who are there for fun. The ranked games will not have any chatter among the players.

I like that I won't have to play with the 12 yr olds screaming the whole time

HalJordanFan
09-24-2007, 08:48 AM

Thank god I'm not alone on this. I can't stand online!

Endless Wake
09-24-2007, 01:23 PM
Just got it from the 7-11 on the corner of my block. The employees were calling it Xbox live and were shocked I would pay $60 for it.:buttrock:

DSET
09-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Video compare the graphics of Halo 1 , 2 , 3
Very cool, leaves no doubt about the graphics.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25482.html

The graphics aren’t that fantastical

The graphics are simple and they are supposed to be, to maintain the art style and maximize the framerate. The graphics are good dont get me wrong but theyre no 9/10, that would be saying that the graphics in this are as good as Gears\bioshock and graw2 theyre most definately not.

The fact that ign ranks the graphics in that game the same as in bishock and gears just blows my mind.

For the people who are all about campaign mode this is more of the same: gameplay wise, story and sound wise this is the best of the three.

If you’re about online play this game will last you years, the multi has been improved alot more than the improvement from 1 to 2.

snappahead
09-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Thank god I'm not alone on this. I can't stand online!

Yeah, it really depends on the game though. I don't think there's anything Bungie can do to keep Halo from being infested with annoying kids in every corner of it's online component. I've had better luck with R6 Vegas and GRAW...Those games seem to be less appealing or something to kids cause they're not NEARLY as bad as Halo is.

Regardless...I'm really looking forward to Halo and plan to spend a good amount of time in SP and co-op.

Seneca, graphics are always going to be subjective. I personally think H3 looks WAY better than H2. Especially in HD. There's tons of new stuff in this one that wasn't in the last. I agree that Bioshock was goregous and nothing competes with Gears at the moment, but I can see why they liked the graphics in H3 too.

Endless Wake
09-24-2007, 03:36 PM
These new games take some getting use to but its a welcomed change.

Primal
09-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Saw some nuts standing on line for this at the local Bestbuy :laugh:

Endless Wake
09-24-2007, 03:44 PM
Crazy! I told my friends to head to the 7/11 on 42nd st bet 8th & 9th, they have about 15-20 copies and are happy to see them go right now.

twinzs
09-24-2007, 06:35 PM
Crazy! I told my friends to head to the 7/11 on 42nd st bet 8th & 9th, they have about 15-20 copies and are happy to see them go right now.

7-11? thats weird

DSET
09-24-2007, 07:23 PM
OH man:banghead: :banghead:
I can’t stand these people

I worked at best buy during the Halo2 fiasco
There was a line up hours before in the cold mind you
And then after all the people got their’s
There was 1/10th of the stock still left in store

They aren’t going to run out of copies, at most the limited editions may possibly run out, but I’m sure bungie knows by now that they have to send a huge stock of copies of this game. At most the L.E might run out.

snappa
I too think it looks way better than h2 but that’s not something you should be comparing it with, that’s last generation vs new generation obviously there is going to be a difference. If you compare the graphics in this game to the majority of games ign gave 9 or even an 8 on graphics for, halo has worse graphics than all of them. Honestly play CoD2 and tell me the graphics arent better in that than they are in this game and its two years later. There’s hardly any texturing in this game it gets me so frustrated, the game is overatted IMO and I think its due to all the hype and Bungie\Microsoft being all over the reviewers backs. Like I heard they invited them to a hotel to play the game and they weren’t allowed to release there reviews until 12pm Sunday what type of nonsense is that, something’s not right.

heykool69
09-24-2007, 07:35 PM
7-11? thats weird

in case Best Buy runs out:)

snappahead
09-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Well, it's still in the eyes of the beholder. Personally, I think H3 looks alot better than CoD2 and I loved that game. I think people are looking at the art style of Halo3 and punishing it for looking dated. It's just the way Bungie wanted the game to look. They didn't go nuts with the textures and lighting, but they focused on the physics, particle effects and tons of things happening on the screen without frame rate issues. Based on the footage I've seen, I think the environments are going to be alot bigger too. Yeah, I agree that if you look at screenshots of H3, you won't be that impressed, but when there's a million things goin on with a silky smooth framerate, I think it'll be alot more impressive.

Halo's never been a graphics showcase, but it's always been a finely tuned game series. The term overrated has become overrated. I don't like a game, it must be overrated. There's no such thing as an overrated game. It depends entirely on your perception.

DSET
09-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Well, it's still in the eyes of the beholder. Personally, I think H3 looks alot better than CoD2 and I loved that game. I think people are looking at the art style of Halo3 and punishing it for looking dated. It's just the way Bungie wanted the game to look. They didn't go nuts with the textures and lighting, but they focused on the physics, particle effects and tons of things happening on the screen without frame rate issues. Based on the footage I've seen, I think the environments are going to be alot bigger too. Yeah, I agree that if you look at screenshots of H3, you won't be that impressed, but when there's a million things goin on with a silky smooth framerate, I think it'll be alot more impressive.

Halo's never been a graphics showcase, but it's always been a finely tuned game series. The term overrated has become overrated. I don't like a game, it must be overrated. There's no such thing as an overrated game. It depends entirely on your perception.
confused, I am with this.
Im saying the rating that IGN has handed it out is a little too high, and thus it is overatted.

you talk about them doing all these things to keep framerate high yet ign already reported there are numerous slowdowns.

J Storm
09-24-2007, 08:47 PM
I got mine pre-ordered already, so I'll pick it up whenever. I want to play it but I'm not obsessing about it either. I only got the regular version :thumbs2:

J Storm
09-24-2007, 09:24 PM
Also, there is no way I'm missing Heroes :thumbs2:

Model Giants
09-24-2007, 11:01 PM
53 minutes!

snappahead
09-24-2007, 11:04 PM
confused, I am with this.
Im saying the rating that IGN has handed it out is a little too high, and thus it is overatted.

you talk about them doing all these things to keep framerate high yet ign already reported there are numerous slowdowns.

Again..it is your opinion that the game is overrated, which means you'll think that any high score is undeserved. For example..I hate the Final Fantasy series. Hate them. BUT, I don't think they're overrated, because if they're that popular, how can they be overrated? I'm right and millions of others are wrong?

DSET
09-24-2007, 11:56 PM
lol
of course its my opinion that its overated, why else would i be saying it.
Just because somone says something doesnt make it right.

but that doesnt change the fact
that I BELIEVE
that this game is overatted in the sense that ign does not give out there graphics score and points so easily in comparison with other reviews I feel
this game is overatted.

And if you compare the graphics in other games with these
It’s simply not equal to the other games that are ranked 9 and if other people see that then maybe they will feel that way too. That is my point and that alone: what am I not allowed to say something without someone telling me that just because I say something everyone has to agree: They don’t!!. Why is it that people keep telling me that I’m always coming out like I’m always right: I’m just trying to prove my opinion to the best of my ability with the most facts I can that’s what forum discussions are for.
I’m just trying to prove my opinion\point and here it is
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/770/770982p3.html
IMO GRAW 2 has better graphics than Halo3 and Im sure most people feel the same way.
What do I have to attach IMO beside everything I say
I can assume people here are not idiots and know its just my opinion doesn’t make it or anything I say here any more right or wrong.

Endless Wake
09-25-2007, 12:27 AM
While the graphics are an improvement over Halo2, its nothing jaw dropping. I'm quite happy, but I'm not blown away.

cap70
09-25-2007, 01:09 AM
Just got my collectors edition copy, can't wait to start!

wktf
09-25-2007, 09:53 AM
My son'd put his deposit down on the Legendary Edition and I drove him to Game Stop to wait in line to pay it off and collect a ticket at 9pm. Then he moved to a different line, ticket holders, and waited until midnight to pick up his game. I had to be there with him as he's under 17. He told me the press was there, though I didn't see them. In fairness, I wasn't there the whole time. Just the two pick up times. Kind of a large crowd but everyone seemed pretty nice and the whole thing was pretty low key.

bat_collector
09-25-2007, 10:25 AM
this game came out

not a big halo fa

played the first one, it was ok

twinzs
09-25-2007, 11:00 AM
I'll be picking this up in about 3 and a half hours and playing it in about 7

kirthew
09-25-2007, 11:51 AM
I got two copies through my connections at Microsoft... should get here by Friday...

statman
09-25-2007, 11:57 AM
I'll be buying H3 and an XBOX 360 on my lunch break today. :thumbs2:

Hopefully they are not sold out of Halo...

thecallahan
09-25-2007, 12:00 PM
I don't like how you can't dual wield needlers anymore, my favorite weapon from last game :mad:

CocoPUFF
09-25-2007, 12:36 PM
While the graphics are an improvement over Halo2, its nothing jaw dropping. I'm quite happy, but I'm not blown away.

ditto...I played it last night and was not impressed at all......Rainbow six Vegas is still WAAAAAAAY more fun IMO. I was hoping there would be more movement options instead of just crouch and jump......I was like.."I waited in line for this?" Maybe I just need to play it more....but I guess microsoft made theirs anyways...

CocoPUFF
09-25-2007, 12:37 PM
lol
of course its my opinion that its overated, why else would i be saying it.
Just because somone says something doesnt make it right.

but that doesnt change the fact
that I BELIEVE
that this game is overatted in the sense that ign does not give out there graphics score and points so easily in comparison with other reviews I feel
this game is overatted.

And if you compare the graphics in other games with these
It’s simply not equal to the other games that are ranked 9 and if other people see that then maybe they will feel that way too. That is my point and that alone: what am I not allowed to say something without someone telling me that just because I say something everyone has to agree: They don’t!!. Why is it that people keep telling me that I’m always coming out like I’m always right: I’m just trying to prove my opinion to the best of my ability with the most facts I can that’s what forum discussions are for.
I’m just trying to prove my opinion\point and here it is
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/770/770982p3.html
IMO GRAW 2 has better graphics than Halo3 and Im sure most people feel the same way.
What do I have to attach IMO beside everything I say
I can assume people here are not idiots and know its just my opinion doesn’t make it or anything I say here any more right or wrong.

Agree with you 100%....hell, Gears of War looks better visually as far as graphics go IMO...

HalJordanFan
09-25-2007, 12:58 PM
Agree with you 100%....hell, Gears of War looks better visually as far as graphics go IMO...

I just picked up my copy and I'll check it out tonight, but from what my friends have told me. GOW & Bioshock are just as good if not better.

CocoPUFF
09-25-2007, 02:16 PM
I just picked up my copy and I'll check it out tonight, but from what my friends have told me. GOW & Bioshock are just as good if not better.

told ya.....but you should be the judge yourself. Surprised no one else has chimed in yet about the so called "Game of the year..."

snappahead
09-25-2007, 02:40 PM
It doesn't matter what you think of the graphics...I've spent the last four hours on it and it's freakin awesome! This is the campaign that Halo 2 should've been. The fights are intense and huge and the new vehicles are a blast. Now THIS is a true Halo sequel. Amazing!

CocoPUFF
09-25-2007, 02:42 PM
It doesn't matter what you think of the graphics...I've spent the last four hours on it and it's freakin awesome! This is the campaign that Halo 2 should've been. The fights are intense and huge and the new vehicles are a blast. Now THIS is a true Halo sequel. Amazing!

I'm glad you like it! It just didn't WOW me like I thought it would...

snappahead
09-25-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm glad you like it! It just didn't WOW me like I thought it would...

That's too bad. I guess I had pretty average expectations. I just wanted a good sequel to the first Halo that would redeem Bungie for the crappy campaign in Halo 2 and I feel like I've received it.

CocoPUFF
09-25-2007, 02:51 PM
That's too bad. I guess I had pretty average expectations. I just wanted a good sequel to the first Halo that would redeem Bungie for the crappy campaign in Halo 2 and I feel like I've received it.

maybe i just have to play it more.....I really should play it more on mutiplayer....I have a feeling thats why most people bought it...

snappahead
09-25-2007, 02:54 PM
maybe i just have to play it more.....I really should play it more on mutiplayer....I have a feeling thats why most people bought it...

Yeah..you should at least give that a try. I'm not a big fan of Halo online, but Halo 3 is overflowing with options and features that cater to the online community.

glassdancer
09-25-2007, 02:54 PM
My wife and I spent the week playing Halo 2 again together in Cooperative. Halo, Pac World and Tetris are the ONLY games she'll play on the X-Box.....(sheesh, better than nothing I suppose)......

In any event, I can't actually pass HALO 1 without her helping me on the guns of the Warthog,....

In HALO 2 the ending doesn't need to have a Coop., so it's all good...

I'll be getting the game today (this afternoon in fact), but won't be able to play it until this weekend (busy week work-wise), and will also pick up "Kocked UP!",....

FOr me,.....I'm getting the Special Edition version of the game.

Cheers all!

Wooktroop
09-25-2007, 03:17 PM
i almost picked it up today
had to go by target for some soap

they had about 60 copies and said the turn out was slim. i think ill wait for this one to get to the bargian bin

snappahead
09-25-2007, 03:37 PM
i almost picked it up today
had to go by target for some soap

they had about 60 copies and said the turn out was slim. i think ill wait for this one to get to the bargian bin

Halo never really reaches bargain bin, unless you're talking about waiting 3 or 4 years. Even Halo 2 is still around $30.

Wooktroop
09-25-2007, 04:39 PM
odd
i just figured it was overproduced wth all the stock sitting, unlike gears of war

family video has it for $46 shipped
with the $5 off coupon
still to rich for my blood

twinzs
09-25-2007, 04:52 PM
I've got another hour wait before I get to try this out. A lot of people here will be getting friend requests from me once I get online.

redspider
09-25-2007, 06:51 PM
am play at work for the last two hrs and my boss kid (14 old) is kicking my A$$ on halo 3

snappahead
09-25-2007, 07:02 PM
odd
i just figured it was overproduced wth all the stock sitting, unlike gears of war

with the $5 off coupon

Well, keep in mind it's still just the first day. Your'e probably right though about the overproducing. They don't wanna take any chances with a game like Halo. It's too important to MS that everyone who wants the game can go out and buy it.

cap70
09-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Played for 2 hours last night, loving it! WAAAY better than Halo 2, and graphics looks very nice.
Will play more tonight. ;)

DSET
09-25-2007, 08:01 PM
now that its out i can finally come out and say

Iv had this game for a week now
muaahahahahahah
dont ask me how
i beat it before any of you even played it
Muaauauahahahahaa.... wow I have no life:confused2

single player storyline and sound blew me away, the gameplay was pretty much more of the same but still fun since its been a while, you all know what i think of the graphics.
But the split screen multi is definately worth the money to me.
I cant wait to play this online next week, that is what halo is all about.

HalJordanFan
09-25-2007, 08:12 PM
odd

with the $5 off coupon

If $46 is too rich for your blood. How do you buy statues? :confused:

glassdancer
09-25-2007, 08:22 PM

I was thinking the very same thing, Hal...:peoples:

heykool69
09-25-2007, 08:35 PM

buying statues have no limits:)

snappahead
09-25-2007, 08:35 PM

It's all about interests. He clearly hasn't decided he wants it, so spending that much on a game he's unsure about is a tough choice. It's understandable. I'm sure there are things out there that aren't too expensive, but you'd still not spend the money, cause you could take it or leave.

I think Halo 3 is worth every penny. but many won't agree.

Seneca...glad you like it. I assume you got an illegal copy, but maybe I'm wrong. I know alotta people started downloading illegal copies off the net a week or two ago.

CocoPUFF
09-25-2007, 08:41 PM
It's all about interests. He clearly hasn't decided he wants it, so spending that much on a game he's unsure about is a tough choice. It's understandable. I'm sure there are things out there that aren't too expensive, but you'd still not spend the money, cause you could take it or leave.

I think Halo 3 is worth every penny. but many won't agree.

Seneca...glad you like it. I assume you got an illegal copy, but maybe I'm wrong. I know alotta people started downloading illegal copies off the net a week or two ago.

Yeah, sometimes I cringe at spending 60 bucks on a game, but won't blink at dropping 300 bucks on a statue..:confused: Go figure....I don't understand it myself...

twisterred
09-25-2007, 09:56 PM
no auto save feature???

DSET
09-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Yeah, sometimes I cringe at spending 60 bucks on a game, but won't blink at dropping 300 bucks on a statue..:confused: Go figure....I don't understand it myself...

yeah im the same way
i just spent like a grand in pre orders on statues in the last month or two
and today when i was buying a book that i like that i could use to help me with my studies
i put it down for 40bucks
:banghead: :banghead:

snappa
no comment:laugh:

snappahead
09-25-2007, 11:21 PM
no auto save feature???

The game does auto save..quite often actually..you reach "checkpoints" about every ten feet where the game saves, so there's not much worry about having to redo alotta stuff if you die.. and I've died alot.

Seneca..hehe I knew it!!!!!

Deathlok2001
09-26-2007, 12:24 AM
I dropped $250 on this game. Got me the legendary edition, halo 3 controller w/action figure, and missile case.

Ish
09-26-2007, 10:38 AM
got the legendary, man that helmet is hot, makes a killer display, haven't had a chance to check out the extra DVD, maybe by the weekend, the first stage has achieved expectations so far, haven't done the multi player yet, maybe tonight, just doing it on normal now to get the feeling back, then it's straight to legendary!! :buttrock::buttrock:

statman
09-26-2007, 11:09 AM
I played the campaign mode last night with my son for about 4 hours. So far, I like it quite a bit better than H2.

We'll probably try some XBLive action tonight.

Gruson
09-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Mine should be here today.

I really hope it is better than Halo 2, which I thought was really boring and overrated.

snappahead
09-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Mine should be here today.

I really hope it is better than Halo 2, which I thought was really boring and overrated.

I felt the same way and rest assured, it's WAY better than Halo 2. Except for the 8th level. I won't spoil anything, but that level is awful. There's nine levels/missions though so that's not too bad. The final level ends with a bang too...Just finished it today. Very cool final segment.

BTW..It doesn't save at checkpoints like I thought...it just temporarily saves like most games...but you have to save and quit to have it save at the last checkpoint.

CocoPUFF
09-26-2007, 01:49 PM
played it again.....it is just OK....the story line is meh....graphics are good though...got to some other parts that were pretty jaw dropping...tonight I will try some xbox live and see how online play is...as I will probably not finish a campaign..online play better be good...

Wooktroop
09-26-2007, 02:36 PM
trying to get into the halo hype
i just couldnt

i picked up this instead
http://eternalsonata.namcobandaigames.com/

snappahead
09-26-2007, 02:44 PM
trying to get into the halo hype
i just couldnt

i picked up this instead
http://eternalsonata.namcobandaigames.com/

It's all good. You can't force yourself to like something that you don't hehe. I'll be the same way when MGS4 comes out. I'll wanna want it, but I won't really want it. You know what I mean.

Eternal Sonata rules BTW! Gorgeous game with a cool battle system. I started a thread about it and no one cared LOL.

glassdancer
09-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Well, last night, after work, went to Best Buy to pick up my reserved copy of the Special Edition. (sorry, just couldn't get myself to get the version with the Helmet,......)...However, I DO plan on getting the Gentle Giant Busts when they come out.

My wife has actually helped me to play and finish HALO 1 a few times...

Then when HALO 2 came out, she liked it, but was still partial to HALO 2,.....(I guess I can the appeal of the first game Over the second)....but the Second still is great in my opinion.... and Yes, we did finish HALO 2 together as well.

Last night, i threw it in and she was too tired to play, so she sat there on the couch with me as I went through a few of the screens on the campaing...(Story line version),....and was immediately impressed by the graphics and how much more believable they were...The Sarg.,...Commander Keys,...the Master Cheif,.....etc.....I like being able to use the Brute Hammer.....!!! That's a sweet weapon,...I like how the Brutes are more agressive and look much better than in HALO 2....

I also like the fact that we can damage the Phantoms (or at least the guns)....Still trying to get used to the controllers for it, as up until last month, I didn't have a 360 so HALO 1 and 2 were played on the first platform.....

But I'm sure that will come in time.

Overall, I played for about an hour and a half...and also just played on Regular.

This weekend, we'll probably play togther in Cooperative mode and will probably play Heroic.

So far, I'l give it a 8.5-9.0 rating as the only complaint I have so far in the hour and a half that I was playing was that it was awkward to get through all the way through one stage (like in the Hangar) and then once completed, by defeating the enemies, I then had to travel all the way back to where I first started to only face those flying bugs again..... It also seemed like I had to wait a lot inbetween new changes,.....perhaps playing the regular version just moves slower.

In any event, looking forward to getting more into it this weekend.

-GD.

Ish
09-26-2007, 06:43 PM
this game is hot!!! i'll be online tonight killing and getting killed!!!!!! ha ha ha blue out!! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

J Storm
09-26-2007, 11:04 PM
This is amazing, so far way better than #2

Deathlok2001
09-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Its freakin awesome! I am a Corporal rank 1..... 1 exp away from rank 2 corporal, then its on to sgt.! I even managed to find 2 skulls!

Gruson
09-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Well,

I have to say I am dissapointed so far.

It's pretty much the same thing yet again...shoot the annoying little guys and a couple of bigger ones, take some hits and wait for your shields to re-charge.

It's ok but so far I enjoyed Gears of War and Lost Planet a lot more.

Is anyone else dissapoined with the graphics? They are good but from the early videos of the game I was expecting them to be better.

twinzs
09-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Well,

It's pretty much the same thing yet again...shoot the annoying little guys and a couple of bigger ones, take some hits and wait for your shields to re-charge.

Is anyone else dissapoined with the graphics? They are good but from the early videos of the game I was expecting them to be better.

I love that its the same. You're playing the 3rd part of a game. Better to keep it the same rather than try to make it something its not. Graphics never disappoint me because well Graphics don't matter to me.

Brru
09-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Ya so far I love this game. I think thats because it is the same as the other two and I know what to expect. I also love Gears though, but thats a different game entirely.

The only thing that makes me mad so far about Halo 3 is that it doesnt seem to have an auto save. I spent 4 hours playing last night and was so tired that I forgot to save and exit, so I lost....all of it.... :-(
My own stupidity though.

Deathlok2001
09-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Seems to me it does have auto save..... checkpoints it has which save auto... anyways, WHY the hell mess with success?

If it aint broken, why fix it?

Halo 3 = game of the year EASY! maybe game of the decade!

Its freakin awesome & I LOVE every min of it! This game has surpassed every expectation I had.

BEST GAME EVER ( spoken in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons)

CocoPUFF
09-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Well,

you are not alone bud. I was dissapointed as well and had the same feelings about GOW and lost planet that you did when compared to Halo 3. The online play is good though. Not as fun as Rainbow six Vegas....but its OK..

DSET
09-28-2007, 11:41 PM
wat did i tell u snappa:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=623715

i knew something was amiss

DSET
09-28-2007, 11:43 PM
Seems to me it does have auto save..... checkpoints it has which save auto... anyways, WHY the hell mess with success?

If it aint broken, why fix it?

Halo 3 = game of the year EASY! maybe game of the decade!

Its freakin awesome & I LOVE every min of it! This game has surpassed every expectation I had.

BEST GAME EVER ( spoken in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons)
oh please bioshock is already better

and everyone with half a brain knows crysis is and will be the game of this year

and no offence youd have to be a halo nut to call the best game of the decade

snappahead
09-28-2007, 11:55 PM
oh please bioshock is already better

and everyone with half a brain knows crysis is and will be the game of this year

and no offence youd have to be a halo nut to call the best game of the decade

I'm starting to get the feeling that your'e not a fan of Halo. You've got a little Hatorade on your lip there. It's just a game, bro and it's just his opinion.

At least wait until Crysis actually comes out before declaring it game of the year. I'd like to play it myself, but the computer it'd take to run this game properly won't be available for another three years and it'll cost $10,000. I think I'll be happy with Halo for now.

DSET
09-29-2007, 12:26 AM
I'm starting to get the feeling that your'e not a fan of Halo. You've got a little Hatorade on your lip there. It's just a game, bro and it's just his opinion.

At least wait until Crysis actually comes out before declaring it game of the year. I'd like to play it myself, but the computer it'd take to run this game properly won't be available for another three years and it'll cost $10,000. I think I'll be happy with Halo for now.
theres no hating from my end, I told you I play it I love it.
Theres only halo fanboy on someone who calls this game of the year
same thing with halo2, HL2 and god of war were much more revolutionary and better. HALO 1 on the other hand changed gaming forever, and was the closest to GOTY. If you know anything about gaming they dont give out GOTY to any games that are short of revolutionary and guess what Halo 3 does not fit into that category its a good game yes, but its a more of the same as is a GTA4.

Im sure alotta people thought that, thinks that it is.
You honestly think this game could possibly be better then crysis?
I go to school for animation so gaming and 3d related things are talked amonst in school so i think i would know the capibilities of this game and how much quality are in graphics, physics and gameplay. And yeah its gonna cost much to play but its still a game thats released like it or not it contends in the same category. And there are alot of contenders this year
Bioshock\Mass effect\UT3\Quake Wars(delayed?)\Hellgate London\Uncharted\probably one of wii's big releases like mario galaxy could be up.

Obviously we havent played it so its not fair to assume this as yet, and yeah i did jump the gun on that , i jumped down this guys throat for no reason and for that i apologize. Im sure alotta people think this is GOTY but I just dont feel this could be it, and thats IMO of course. Far be it for me not to include the "IMO".

I didnt get a comment on my earlier post?
cat got your tongue?
I could see it with my own eyes the graphics were off, and i called it from day 1.
and you know what we just found out?
its running at a lower res, oh i guess thats just my opinion too:thumbs2: :thumbs2:
its between a non hd res and hd its not even 720p
Being close to the gaming industry and in animation believe me that is a pretty pathetic thing for them to do. It is true that alot of games run at lower res's than they make them appear to, bUt nOne of the quality 360 games are lower than HD rez, 720p minimum!

guess what as of now
thats not just an opinion this game doesnt even run in HD and IGN gave it a 9 in graphics THUS= OVERATED

snappahead
09-29-2007, 01:23 AM
theres no hating from my end, I told you I play it I love it.
Theres only halo fanboy on someone who calls this game of the year
same thing with halo2, HL2 and god of war were much more revolutionary and better. HALO 1 on the other hand changed gaming forever, and was the closest to GOTY. If you know anything about gaming they dont give out GOTY to any games that are short of revolutionary and guess what Halo 3 does not fit into that category its a good game yes, but its a more of the same as is a GTA4.

Im sure alotta people thought that, thinks that it is.
You honestly think this game could possibly be better then crysis?
I go to school for animation so gaming and 3d related things are talked amonst in school so i think i would know the capibilities of this game and how much quality are in graphics, physics and gameplay. And yeah its gonna cost much to play but its still a game thats released like it or not it contends in the same category. And there are alot of contenders this year
Bioshock\Mass effect\UT3\Quake Wars(delayed?)\Hellgate London\Uncharted\probably one of wii's big releases like mario galaxy could be up.

Obviously we havent played it so its not fair to assume this as yet, and yeah i did jump the gun on that , i jumped down this guys throat for no reason and for that i apologize. Im sure alotta people think this is GOTY but I just dont feel this could be it, and thats IMO of course. Far be it for me not to include the "IMO".

I didnt get a comment on my earlier post?
cat got your tongue?
I could see it with my own eyes the graphics were off, and i called it from day 1.
and you know what we just found out?
its running at a lower res, oh i guess thats just my opinion too:thumbs2: :thumbs2:
its between a non hd res and hd its not even 720p
Being close to the gaming industry and in animation believe me that is a pretty pathetic thing for them to do. It is true that alot of games run at lower res's than they make them appear to, bUt nOne of the quality 360 games are lower than HD rez, 720p minimum!

guess what as of now
thats not just an opinion this game doesnt even run in HD and IGN gave it a 9 in graphics THUS= OVERATED

I hear you. It's all good that you don't think Halo deserves all of it's acclaim. I think it's good enough, but that's the way it goes. Bioshock is my pick for goty so far. Your'e right..they usually give goty to something special, but it doesn't always have to be revolutionary. Nothing's really revolutionary these days. It can just be a very well made game. Bioshock doesn't reinvent the wheel by any means, but it's just very well done.

You seem to put too much importance on graphics. They're important for sure, but not the only deciding factor in what makes a game great. I've played games that've had great graphics, but still sucked and vice versa. I've heard about the rez thing with Halo and I definitely agree that it's a crock, but it's never effected my opinion of the game.

I totally think Halo could be better than Crysis. Why not? Crysis will be prettier and have all the technical mumbo jumbo, but who cares if the game's not as fun. I'm not saying Crysis won't be fun, but it remains to be seen. Farcry was a beautiful game for it's time, but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the Halo games. Same with Halflife 2. Technically amazing, but I found it pretty dull and a bit too restrictive gameplay wise (single player). What can I say...people have different tastes.

DSET
09-29-2007, 01:30 AM
I totally think Halo could be better than Crysis. Why not? Crysis will be prettier and have all the technical mumbo jumbo, but who cares if the game's not as fun. I'm not saying Crysis won't be fun, but it remains to be seen. Farcry was a beautiful game for it's time, but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the Halo games. Same with Halflife 2. Technically amazing, but I found it pretty dull and a bit too restrictive gameplay wise (single player). What can I say...people have different tastes.

i dunno man i found HL2 to be quite remarkable story wise gameplay wise everything
but everyone has theyre own taste

but yeah i dont think youve researched into crysis enough
trust me theres alot of amazing unique gamplay elements
for one you can customize the game however you like it youre gun the pace the speed even the amoyunt of foliage on the trees
and two theres milllions of diff multi modes
three you can break and interact with anything and everything on screen

four not only is there first person shooting but theres hand to hand melle combat not just the mighty boot theres alotta tactic to it

five theres more then just shooting theres stealth and theres a ton of rpg elements aswell

i dunno man aside from the story which im not sure about and the money of course
IM stoked

Endless Wake
09-29-2007, 02:10 AM
The forge feature on Halo 3 where you can create the boards is getting a lot of love from reviewers. This feature alone may earn it GOTY.

DSET
09-29-2007, 02:26 AM
Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnegitorogitory IMO of course:thumbs2:

snappahead
09-29-2007, 04:59 AM
i dunno man i found HL2 to be quite remarkable story wise gameplay wise everything
but everyone has theyre own taste

but yeah i dont think youve researched into crysis enough
trust me theres alot of amazing unique gamplay elements
for one you can customize the game however you like it youre gun the pace the speed even the amoyunt of foliage on the trees
and two theres milllions of diff multi modes
three you can break and interact with anything and everything on screen

four not only is there first person shooting but theres hand to hand melle combat not just the mighty boot theres alotta tactic to it

five theres more then just shooting theres stealth and theres a ton of rpg elements aswell

i dunno man aside from the story which im not sure about and the money of course
IM stoked

I'm a pretty serious gaming nerd. I've seen every bit of info I can find on Crysis. I can tell your'e drooling to get your hands on it, but everything you just said means nothing until I've played it and enjoyed it. The videos look nice, the gameplay elements sound fun, but until I've seen it firsthand, it's just promises. I'll get back to you in a couple months when I've had a chance to play it for a while. I hope your'e right. Maybe we'll get a console version, cause I hate playing PC games with the settings way down. Especially for games like Crysis.

Face it, bro..your'e hatin. You don't wanna be, but ya are. The reasons are yours and yours alone, but don't be hatin. I think Halo catches more flak than anything else cause it's so successful. People resent it after a while and wanna hate on it. Not sayin that's your reason, but that's certainly alotta folks reason. You know what they say...millions of people can't be wrong. For whatever reason ( even I can't say for sure why) Halo just works for people. Myself included. It's plain ol' fun and that's all I want in my games.

DSET
09-29-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm a pretty serious gaming nerd. I've seen every bit of info I can find on Crysis. I can tell your'e drooling to get your hands on it, but everything you just said means nothing until I've played it and enjoyed it. The videos look nice, the gameplay elements sound fun, but until I've seen it firsthand, it's just promises. I'll get back to you in a couple months when I've had a chance to play it for a while. I hope your'e right. Maybe we'll get a console version, cause I hate playing PC games with the settings way down. Especially for games like Crysis.

Face it, bro..your'e hatin. You don't wanna be, but ya are. The reasons are yours and yours alone, but don't be hatin. I think Halo catches more flak than anything else cause it's so successful. People resent it after a while and wanna hate on it. Not sayin that's your reason, but that's certainly alotta folks reason. You know what they say...millions of people can't be wrong. For whatever reason ( even I can't say for sure why) Halo just works for people. Myself included. It's plain ol' fun and that's all I want in my games.

I play the game all the time i dont hate it, but i admit i do dislike the constant amount of overdcredit people give this game.
Your first post about crysis kind of contradicts your 2nd I gave you 5 fresh reason why crysis looks intresting and innovative and there are only a few other games like that this year and halo wasnt one of them. Your response is you dont know untill youve played it, well obviously you dont thats why you see what the company has to say about the game. and yeah its gonna cost an arm and leg to play if you dont already have a compatible mobo or already own a dx10 card: but when you critique games: a game is a game and you have to give it its consideration.

Look im loving what crysis is gonna bring to teh table but honestly me im all about story so mass effect and uncharted are probably going to satisfy me the most. Thats also one reason i loved halo3 campaign the story and sound and the amazing camera angles and way they presented the cutscenesblew me away. But honestly besides that there wasnt anything that great that i havent done in another halo that was good about singleplayer. Multi a whole different horse this probably the best multi gameplay wise of the year, allthough theres not much innovation to its still better then before and its still amazing. I dont think anything will knock it, not sure if crysis multi can comabt it: i highly doubt it, but there is team fortress 2 and Unreal tournament 3 that are certainly gonna give it a run for its money.

Deathlok2001
09-29-2007, 01:59 PM
The forge feature on Halo 3 where you can create the boards is getting a lot of love from reviewers. This feature alone may earn it GOTY.

Ok, I am curious. What is this feature? oh & this past week, I went on my 1st sword spree & had my 1st triple kill!
I am currently a sergeant, (lvl 14) grade 2, going for sergeant grade 3 ( I think that is the next rank).

w00t

*** And how do you change the little pic beside your gamertag, NOT your gamer pic but the pic beside your gamertag on halo 3 in matchmaking?

snappahead
09-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Not sure how I contradicted myself. I've just been trying to make the point that you can't compare a game that's out to a game that's not. That's all. Most games sound good on paper. Crysis sure looks good in trailers. But until you've had a chance to play through it and see for yourself how everything comes together, it's uncertain as to whether the game succeeds at what it's trying to do.

I agree with you about Mass Effect too. That game looks to me to be the best shot for GOTY. But then....It's not out yet LOL. We'll have to wait and see if it's as good as it looks. Uncharted too. I've been really impressed with this game, based on the trailers. It looks like it could have the most problems outta this bunch though. The 3d tomb raidin' thing is tricky to pull off. It seems to focus more on the fightin' (guns & fists) than the platforming, but who knows. It's a bit of a question mark as to whether the gameplay works as well as the graphics.

Mass Effect and CoD4 are probably the two I'm most excited about playing this year.

DSET
09-29-2007, 02:56 PM
yeah cod4 is gonna be sweet multi i think thats gonna fit under the best multi category aswell
multiplayer games this year
halo 3 \ team fortress 2 \ Unreal tourn 3
CoD4 \ quake wars>?

JM28Cardiff
10-21-2007, 12:37 PM
I like the game, but just like Gears of War, the storyline is, at best, incomprehensible. If they ever make a Halo film, ditch the game storyline and get some decent writers in!

Deathlok2001
10-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Woohoo..... I am now a Captain, grade 2. Level 20 with 162 exp level. Going for either level 30 or 300 exp for my next promotion.

Devils Drifter
10-21-2007, 02:14 PM
guys how do you change your avatar on the web in Halo 3?

twinzs
10-21-2007, 02:16 PM
guys how do you change your avatar on the web in Halo 3?

The symbol next to your name on halo or the user picture in in the little menu where it shows your gamer score?

TheGreyOne
10-21-2007, 07:45 PM
I have the pink Pac-Man guy for my Live gamercard...

While my Halo pic is a smiling yellow sun... :)
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player=Optimus%20316.

Sgt Taz
10-22-2007, 03:49 AM
I agree with you about Mass Effect too. That game looks to me to be the best shot for GOTY.
Mass Effect and CoD4 are probably the two I'm most excited about playing this year.

yeah cod4 is gonna be sweet multi i think thats gonna fit under the best multi category aswell
multiplayer games this year
halo 3 \ team fortress 2 \ Unreal tourn 3
CoD4 \ quake wars>?Let's not forget about Assassins creed, also contender for GOTY I think :thumbs2:

joefixit2
10-31-2007, 10:46 PM
I have never played Halo or Halo 2 and just got Halo 3 a few weeks ago. Don't like it as much as Lost Planet for online play but still a good game. Question I have is that when I am playing online games, I see other players with different armor, one of them looking alien-like. How do you get the different armor?

Davidian
11-03-2007, 03:20 AM
Can't wait to get this along with Gears of War. COD 4 looks SO dope.

boondocksaint
11-03-2007, 03:22 AM
i didnt play halo 1 or 2 but im hooked on 3

gears i got tired of quick

cant wait for cod 4 and army of 2

Davidian
11-03-2007, 03:26 AM
i didnt play halo 1 or 2 but im hooked on 3

gears i got tired of quick

cant wait for cod 4 and army of 2

I just finished Halo 1, and just started Halo 2. How come you got tired of GOW so quick Boons?

boondocksaint
11-03-2007, 03:32 AM
just did...i dont know why...its what made me buy the 360 i was always a playstation guy...loved it and its a great game just lost interest...i was HOOKED on rainbow 6 vegas for sometime

Davidian
11-03-2007, 03:39 AM
just did...i dont know why...its what made me buy the 360 i was always a playstation guy...loved it and its a great game just lost interest...i was HOOKED on rainbow 6 vegas for sometime

That's funny, because that was originally the REASON I was gonna get a 360 too, but since they were so expensive at the time, I decided to wait. Now that I've fallen into the Halo mania, Halo 3 is the reason I wanna get a 360 Elite.