PDA

View Full Version : Help is needed !!!!!

AndreasD
09-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Hello to all.

I am a new member from Greece. Although its toooo expensive to collect busts & statues in Greece, I am an aficionado....

Anyway, in my country earthquakes are very common. And thats a big problem for any collector, especially one with our hobby.

I have already, stabilize my IKEA displays, to the wall, but can you give me any other ideas ???

How can I make my busts & statues standing ?

Thanks, Andreas

riderV3
09-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Get some museum putty or things alike to stable the bust/statues to the shelf, that should do.

jacksowl
09-20-2007, 05:33 PM
Hello to all.

I am a new member from Greece. Although its toooo expensive to collect busts & statues in Greece, I am an aficionado....

Anyway, in my country earthquakes are very common. And thats a big problem for any collector, especially one with our hobby.

I have already, stabilize my IKEA displays, to the wall, but can you give me any other ideas ???

How can I make my busts & statues standing ?

Thanks, Andreas

Try Protech Display cases. They are clear and I use them for my GG busts. I got mine off of EBay. I live in California the earthquake capital so I understand your concern.

'Nuff
09-20-2007, 05:35 PM
No suggestions...Other than what RV3 offered...No earthquakes here in Texas...the tornadoes we have take everything with them...But Welcome to the Forum all the same...:buttrock:

AndreasD
09-20-2007, 05:42 PM
Thanks for all your help!

glassdancer
09-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Move to Southern California....

We NEVER have any earthquakes....

Welcome to the forum!!!

AndreasD
09-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Thanks!
A question regarding museum putty. Is there any risk, when removing it from the base of a statue or a bust, to destroy the printings ?

glassdancer
09-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Thanks!
A question regarding museum putty. Is there any risk, when removing it from the base of a statue or a bust, to destroy the printings ?

I once had a hard time taking the putty off of a piece that had "felt" uderneath it. But it also had the putty under it for quite some time....

Otherwise, the putty is pretty safe.

good luck,...:thumbs2:

AndreasD
09-20-2007, 06:02 PM
I just took two packets from EBAY.

scott
09-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Welcome to the forum.I was going to say putty also.:)

AndreasD
09-21-2007, 05:52 AM
This forum is like collectors paradise. I know I am going to get a lot of help regarding my hobby.

cougartrace
09-21-2007, 08:53 AM
welcome to the forum :thumbs2:

c_ort
09-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Welcome aboard AndreasD,
you will find that there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum and a few laughs aswell.