PDA

View Full Version : Heroes Generations

DarthBane
09-20-2007, 11:15 PM
Heroes Season 2 Begins in 4 days and no one is talking about it. Is no one looking forward to this like I AM?!?! I think the previews look GREAT!!!

patrickwm68
09-20-2007, 11:18 PM
I'm really looking forward to it but right now there's nothing to discuss, just wait till the 1st episode airs.

rilynil
09-20-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm very eager to get the season rolling. :)

patrickwm68
09-20-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm very eager to get the season rolling. :)

My VCR's are going to be in overdrive next week. I've got:

Heroes, Smallville, My Name Is Earl, 2-1/2 Men, The Bionic Woman, Reaper, Chuck, Moonlight, Stargate Atlantis, Journeyman, Ghost Hunters, Dr. Who, and Eureka. I'm sure I'm missing a couple.

rilynil
09-21-2007, 12:13 AM
I'm glad you mentioned the Bionic Woman, Patrick. I hadn't written myself a note to remind myself of it, yet. :laugh: :thumbs2:

Meteor Man
09-21-2007, 01:31 AM
I'm definately looking forward to it.:thumbs2:

noseeb13
09-21-2007, 01:43 AM
My VCR's are going to be in overdrive next week. I've got:

Heroes, Smallville, My Name Is Earl, 2-1/2 Men, The Bionic Woman, Reaper, Chuck, Moonlight, Stargate Atlantis, Journeyman, Ghost Hunters, Dr. Who, and Eureka. I'm sure I'm missing a couple.

Sounds like you need to upgrade to a DVR. :thumbs2:

Wolverine1
09-21-2007, 02:57 AM
This is gonna rock, but Im gonna wait for the dvd....

abarron
09-21-2007, 03:45 AM
Damn BBC 2 are only on about Episode 7 here in the Uk.
Hopefully SciFi should be getting series 2 pretty soon though

wolverinejedi007
09-21-2007, 08:08 AM
I didnt watch season 1 but I will get on board during season 2 in HD!

thecallahan
09-21-2007, 08:51 AM
You forgot The Office Patrick... Wolvjedi, I don't get what you mean, you have the ability to watch it in HD now? Because the first season was HD also.

Man I can't wait for Supernatural to come back on.

wolverinejedi007
09-21-2007, 08:57 AM
I didn't have HD when Heros first started and I missed the first few episodes, so I will catch up during season 2 in HD and I will go back just Like I did with the sporanos.

cougartrace
09-21-2007, 09:03 AM
I'm looking forward to it..eventhough I'm not sure I like the premise of Hiro going back that far in time and the love story part...ugh

rilynil
09-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Isn't Heroes Generations going to be an separate show from Heroes Season 2? Maybe I misread something a while back.

thecallahan
09-21-2007, 10:48 AM
Actually I believe Generations is Vol 2 which will be the first 12 episodes of the year, the second half will be volume 3.

patrickwm68
09-21-2007, 11:15 AM
You forgot The Office Patrick...

Man I can't wait for Supernatural to come back on.

I just couldn't get into The Office.

Supernatural comes back on Oct. 4th

DarthBane
09-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Isn't Heroes Generations going to be an separate show from Heroes Season 2? Maybe I misread something a while back.

Nope I dont think so. Im pretty sure Heroes Generations is Heroes Season 2. You are thinking about the spinoff but I am not quite sure what the name of the spinoff is.

superdoug
09-21-2007, 12:00 PM
'Generations' is the name of the story arc for the first twelve episodes. Heroes: Origins is the spin-off that will introduce metas that we haven't seen before, some of whom may find their way into the regular series.

goldilockz
09-21-2007, 12:32 PM
i'll be watching it :)

galactus
09-21-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm just watching Season 1 on DVD right now. What exactly was Sylars original power? Was it the ability to sense something that was "broken" (something different than the norm?). That being the case, when he takes a persons brain and see's whats "broken" about it (what makes their DNA strand different, hence giving that person powers of some sort), how does he then manage to graft that ability into his own DNA? Does he also have the ability to repair something which is broken (in his case, the ability to rewrite, or repair, his DNA which is lacking whatever superhuman ability he wants, so in his eyes, his DNA is broken)?

superdoug
09-21-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm just watching Season 1 on DVD right now. What exactly was Sylars original power? Was it the ability to sense something that was "broken" (something different than the norm?). That being the case, when he takes a persons brain and see's whats "broken" about it (what makes their DNA strand different, hence giving that person powers of some sort), how does he then manage to graft that ability into his own DNA? Does he also have the ability to repair something which is broken (in his case, the ability to rewrite, or repair, his DNA which is lacking whatever superhuman ability he wants, so in his eyes, his DNA is broken)?

I think he was able to see how things were put together, and then put them together properly. I imagine that the absorption power was one that he stole. Maybe part of his power is to absorb the actual brain matter, or that was one that he'd gathered. (We never saw him eat the brains, nor was it implied. They were simply missing.) Who knows how many people on the list were killed by him before he killed Suresh Sr.?

galactus
09-21-2007, 01:03 PM
I think he was able to see how things were put together, and then put them together properly. I imagine that the absorption power was one that he stole. Maybe part of his power is to absorb the actual brain matter, or that was one that he'd gathered. (We never saw him eat the brains, nor was it implied. They were simply missing.) Who knows how many people on the list were killed by him before he killed Suresh Sr.?

Thats a paradox :( He would have needed the absorption power to steal it in the first place :banghead: Its a Chicken and the egg scenario.

I suppose maybe it's one of those things where the writers figure people are going to be too grossed out and shocked by what he does to even ask how he does it to begin with.

joy_division
09-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Damn BBC 2 are only on about Episode 7 here in the Uk.
Hopefully SciFi should be getting series 2 pretty soon though
BBC has a contract for first refusal for all future series of Heroes

Don't you watch it on BBC three? You get next week's episode straight away

riderV3
09-21-2007, 02:05 PM

He can't absorbe like Peter does but if he can feel how things work he might just eat the brain and figure out which parts make the individual special then recombinant his own's with the brain he just ate.

And I'm pretty sure he ate all the brains. They did mentioned that in the show.
The little girl with mapping power told them he's the boogeyman who eats people's brain. She probably saw it when Sylar attacked her family.

riderV3
09-21-2007, 02:09 PM
BTW, just saw the preview, the second season doesn't seem to have a clear "thesis" about what's going on.

First seaon was very clear that they have to stop the explosion and all that.

And I think in the last episode when Bennet, Parkman broke into the building and found the mapping girl and asked her to locate Sylar, she said she's afriad of doing so cuz when she does that "HE" can also see her.
She also said there're worse people out there than the boogeyman(Sylar), just wondering who that might be, in season 2 maybe?

superdoug
09-21-2007, 02:26 PM
And I think in the last episode when Bennet, Parkman broke into the building and found the mapping girl and asked her to locate Sylar, she said she's afriad of doing so cuz when she does that "HE" can also see her.
She also said there're worse people out there than the boogeyman(Sylar), just wondering who that might be, in season 2 maybe?

Molly wasn't talking about Sylar when she said that. She was talking about another person, one who could see her when she tried to see him. He's the 'worse people' she was referring to. Remember, when she said that, Mohinder asked her to find him, and she said 'I don't like to do that because when I try and see him, he can see me.'

She found Sylar immediately when she was cured, placing him in the plaza near the building.

riderV3
09-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Molly wasn't talking about Sylar when she said that. She was talking about another person, one who could see her when she tried to see him. He's the 'worse people' she was referring to. Remember, when she said that, Mohinder asked her to find him, and she said 'I don't like to do that because when I try and see him, he can see me.'

She found Sylar immediately when she was cured, placing him in the plaza near the building.

So Sylar isn't the one that can see her, it's the "worse people"...

That's what I was wondering, maybe they'll put the "worse people" in season 2...

Ink
09-21-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm waiting for it:thumbs2:

patrickwm68
09-21-2007, 05:02 PM

He eats the brain and absorbs their abilities, plain and simple. It's been hinted at in interviews and articles.

rilynil
09-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Has the brain eating actually been hinted at in the show? I easily could have forgotten some dialogue that hinted at it.

Ink
09-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Has the brain eating actually been hinted at in the show? I easily could have forgotten some dialogue that hinted at it.

yeah, molly says something about it when she's looking for him

patrickwm68
09-21-2007, 05:09 PM

This was discussed in Yahoo Answers, one person said this:

I read an interview with the director for heroes, he said that Sylar does eat the brains like he digests their power but he didn't want to reveal it in the show because he was afraid people would think it to be like a zombie. So this answer was pretty much correct.

And another person said this:

According to an interview with Heroes writer Bryan Fuller it was originally intended that, "[Sylar] kills people and eats their brains and [...] digests their powers," but this wasn't stated in the series because it seemed "silly" and zombie-like. Bennet confirms that Sylar has gained multiple powers by mixing other people's DNA with his own.

endsongjen
09-21-2007, 05:09 PM
I vaguely remember her saying something but yea she said something. damn i gotta rewatch season 1, i dont remember jack!!

patrickwm68
09-21-2007, 05:13 PM
yeah, molly says something about it when she's looking for him

In episode 21, Molly said that "The boogieman eats your brain..."

riderV3
09-21-2007, 05:35 PM
In episode 21, Molly said that "The boogieman eats your brain..."

Bingo!

DarthBane
09-22-2007, 03:58 AM
This was discussed in Yahoo Answers, one person said this:

I read an interview with the director for heroes, he said that Sylar does eat the brains like he digests their power but he didn't want to reveal it in the show because he was afraid people would think it to be like a zombie. So this answer was pretty much correct.

And another person said this:

According to an interview with Heroes writer Bryan Fuller it was originally intended that, "[Sylar] kills people and eats their brains and [...] digests their powers," but this wasn't stated in the series because it seemed "silly" and zombie-like. Bennet confirms that Sylar has gained multiple powers by mixing other people's DNA with his own.

Tim Kring kind of denied this fact that he actually ATE peoples brains. I think they had Molly Walker say that simply to throw people off. I saw an interview with Zachary Quinto and the interviewer said something like "So Sylar eats peoples brains and takes peoples powers". Zachary actually stopped him mid sentence and corrected him saying "Well now you actually do not know how Sylar steals peoples powers. Eating the brains is what some people believe"

So I don't think he actually eats them. I am guessing that they will show what he actually does to absorb their powers in this season. This is a huge question and I think the writers would disappoint many fans if they never found out.