PDA

View Full Version : New Gladiator statue - Hard Hero

risingstar
09-22-2007, 06:41 AM
Hard Hero's latest release. The Gladiator.

http://i7.tinypic.com/62qjo2c.jpg

scott
09-22-2007, 08:17 AM
:thumbs2: I'am a Bowen kool aid sipper, But I like this one.:thumbs2:

hawkeyethearcher
09-22-2007, 08:50 AM
looks just like the one that was put up 2 months ago

Alex655321
09-22-2007, 12:49 PM

Yup, and I ordered that about 2 months ago.

Daredevil
09-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Welcome to reverse time travel

BOSCO
09-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Looks good:thumbs2:

SD RUM
09-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Looks pretty good!! I like the paint up!!

glassdancer
09-22-2007, 03:34 PM
I think I will pass on this one.

I have the Bowen bust, but as far as Hard Hero goes, for me will be the Red DD and hopefully the Yellow DD (Both upside down versions), and the Red Angel statue, and hoefully the Blue one.

Cheers to all that will be getting the Gladiator.

-GD.

SquiderM3
09-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Not the freshest news, nevertheless, an absolutely awesome piece that I am patiently waiting for. Most likely next spring the way HH goes.:banghead:

Meteor Man
09-23-2007, 12:03 AM

Yup...I've got an AP already ordered for Gladiator!!!!:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :)

Makkari1
09-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Hard Hero's latest release. The Gladiator.

http://i7.tinypic.com/62qjo2c.jpg

Dude this is old news now you're a day late and a dollar short.

adee
09-24-2007, 02:10 PM
He's a little to far down the food chain for me, but it's an awesome sculpt! Almost nice enough to change my mind. We'll see. : )

cougartrace
09-24-2007, 02:13 PM
hmmm...HH talk on this forum...:sly2:

CA35
09-24-2007, 02:39 PM
AP ordered many moon ago

Alex655321
09-24-2007, 02:41 PM
AP ordered many moon ago

Ditto

cougartrace
09-24-2007, 02:42 PM
Since we don't talk HH much anymore on this forum..it isn't this guys fault for posting. He hasn't seen anything on this forum to suggest othewise that the Gladiator has been discussed.

Bullseye
09-24-2007, 03:40 PM
Since we don't talk HH much anymore on this forum..it isn't this guys fault for posting. He hasn't seen anything on this forum to suggest othewise that the Gladiator has been discusses.

There is no one stopping people talking about HH here. You just don't have a dedicated section as before but neither do DF or Reel Art Studios.

Makkari1
09-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Since we don't talk HH much anymore on this forum..it isn't this guys fault for posting. He hasn't seen anything on this forum to suggest othewise that the Gladiator has been discusses.

Anyone can look up past posts and comment even though its old news. I just wish HH would put more stuff so I can have something to talk about. Of course being in the basement like an unwanted step child dosen't help either. :mad:

cougartrace
09-24-2007, 03:43 PM
There is no one stopping people talking about HH here. You just don't have a dedicated section as before but neither do DF or Reel Art Studios.

Oh I know that Bulls, but most of the HH conversation has moved elsewhere so the person who started this thread really didn't know this topic has been discussed before :thumbs2:

Makkari1
09-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Oh I know that Bulls, but most of the HH conversation has moved elsewhere so the person who started this thread really didn't know this topic has been discussed before :thumbs2:

The desired effect has been achieved and HH talk has pretty much moved elsewhere.

Bullseye
09-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Has there been a new release? When there is something new announced i am sure it will be discussed.

Meteor Man
09-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Hey...this section is now dedicated to Aspen and Hard Hero? Am I seeing things, or did this just happen?:confused:

CA35
09-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Change of heart perhaps ?

rilynil
09-24-2007, 09:37 PM
Great avatar, CA35! :buttrock:

CA35
09-24-2007, 10:43 PM
It's Halloween time !

Equinox24
10-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Is the edition size on the Gladiator going to be 1000?

Makkari1
10-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Is the edition size on the Gladiator going to be 1000?

Nah Rob Pots hinted that this piece will be about 500 or so units. I think he is going in the direction of smaller units in the foreseable future. I wonder if this will be a trend with other manufactures as well?

Mastermold
10-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Nah Rob Pots hinted that this piece will be about 500 or so units. I think he is going in the direction of smaller units in the foreseable future. I wonder if this will be a trend with other manufactures as well?

I would think so given the increase in competing firms making statues.

CA35
10-01-2007, 04:16 PM
It says right on the web site 500 - 600 edition size. Rob also stated in a thread several months ago that HH will be lowering editions sizes on future statues.

Makkari1
10-01-2007, 04:56 PM
I would think so given the increase in competing firms making statues.

It says right on the web site 500 - 600 edition size. Rob also stated in a thread several months ago that HH will be lowering editions sizes on future statues.

I don't think Rob is making a lower edition size because of competing companies but rather thats the trend the market is going in. Sideshow has gone into this direction by not producing a lot of statues. Most of their pieces sell out very quickly and usally go up in value. It seems characters like Gladiator a production run of 500-600 will be the norm. Glads is a supporting character and does not garner the attention a Spider Man or Wolverine will get. I see a run of 1000 for Spider Man level characters while Glads and others will only be 500 or so. I see pro's and cons as follows:

PRO'S
1.) Companies will more likely produce your favs because they have less to loose with a smaller runs and less stuff sitting around on shelves waiting to sell.

2.) Your favorite piece will likely go up in value because of the scarceness of the run.

Con's
1.) If you don't order early you will be left out. (Sideshow Stealth Iron Man anyone?)

2.) Manufacture not making as much as they would like. Although I'm not sure at what point a company stops making money due to production sizes.

Smaller runs may mean higher cost per item than with larger volumn runs. (you loose that quanity discount the consumers would normally get.)

MrYac
10-01-2007, 05:48 PM
yeah i believe it's 500 and 100 APs or something like that

Meteor Man
10-01-2007, 07:19 PM
yeah i believe it's 500 and 100 APs or something like that

That's right, but I believe it says "500-600" on the website for the regular run...

High Lord Apocalypse
10-01-2007, 08:00 PM
dont worry guys there plenty for everyone. i just found out there's gonna be 535 pieces.

loricstone
10-02-2007, 02:25 AM
Not the freshest news, nevertheless, an absolutely awesome piece that I am patiently waiting for. Most likely next spring the way HH goes.:banghead:

You can put those assumptions to rest now Squider. The way HH goes now is DD getting ready to be shipped, Angel is on the water, and Gladiator is not too far behind, with possibly (POSSIBLY) another major hero before the end of the year! Get ready, for DD will be in your hands and in front of your eyes in a couple of weeks. Yee Haw! Can't wait!

loricstone
10-02-2007, 02:33 AM
Just another pic to help your excitement along! You have seen it before, but you can always see it again!

http://i23.tinypic.com/241tsms.jpg

http://i23.tinypic.com/fyl9fn.jpg

Ah heck, here is one more for the road of DD

http://i21.tinypic.com/se3ghs.jpg

Makkari1
10-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Just another pic to help your excitement along! You have seen it before, but you can always see it again!

damn good pics.:thumbs2:

cougartrace
10-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Those Gladiator, DD, and Angel statues look better and better every time I see the pics

Makkari1
10-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Those Gladiator, DD, and Angel statues look better and better every time I see the pics

I agree.:thumbs2:

Walden
10-02-2007, 11:45 AM

Ah... I remember this booth at SDCC. They also had both Iron Man's on display towards the right (not pictured).

I wasn't into Hard Hero before SDCC. But after seeing these statues at this booth at SDCC, I've became a Hard Hero completionist.

If I'm not mistaken, this booth was also acting as Hard Hero's SDCC booth. Great guys there. They let me hold the statue and look at it up close.

Meteor Man
10-02-2007, 01:12 PM
I agree.:thumbs2:

I can't wait for Gladiator!!!!! BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Equinox24
10-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Yeah, after I posted that I went and checked their site. Since CS doesn't carry HH anymore, I've been ordering thru my LCS thru Diamond, which is cool because at least I still give them some business. If the edition was real low (say 250) I wouldn't count on Diamond. Still don't know if I will for this one. Only HH I still don't have is Herc.

Makkari1
10-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah, after I posted that I went and checked their site. Since CS doesn't carry HH anymore, I've been ordering thru my LCS thru Diamond, which is cool because at least I still give them some business. If the edition was real low (say 250) I wouldn't count on Diamond. Still don't know if I will for this one. Only HH I still don't have is Herc.

Man you gotta get Herc. its a great sculpt and HH really nailed it perfect even the skin tone is right. If you find it on ebay pick it up.

CA35
10-02-2007, 02:39 PM
You could order directly from HH. Now you have no worries.

Makkari1
10-02-2007, 02:42 PM
You could order directly from HH. Now you have no worries.

My sentiments exactly. You may pay a little more but you be sure to get your statue.:thumbs2:

CA35
10-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Can even grab an A/P. I mostly order direct now with all my statues/bust.

Makkari1
10-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Can even grab an A/P. I mostly order direct now with all my statues/bust.

Can't go wrong with that.

Mastermold
10-02-2007, 06:37 PM
This Gladiator looks like the best piece Seth's done yet. Well done!

TheMadTitan
10-02-2007, 08:25 PM

so far so good. Is Gladiator the first museum sculpt from Seth in this line?

CA35
10-02-2007, 09:22 PM
I believe so. Though for some reason, I don't consider Gladiator to be in a museum pose.

loricstone
10-02-2007, 11:26 PM

Zounds, tiss Sacriledge foolish mortal! :mad: Really Equinox, Herc is my second favorite statue after IM so far.

Meteor Man
10-03-2007, 12:52 AM

:thumbs2:

Equinox24
10-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Man you gotta get Herc. its a great sculpt and HH really nailed it perfect even the skin tone is right. If you find it on ebay pick it up.
Mak and LS, no argument here. I think Herc is a great sculpt. I actually consider it HH's first "curveball" so to speak. Surprised the hell out of me, never saw it coming. Need Herc to have them all, so I'll definitely end up getting it. LS, the HH Iron Fist is still my favorite and one of my favorite statues from ANY company. It's actually the statue that kept me involved in this hobby as I was considering stopping.

Makkari1
10-03-2007, 02:26 PM
so far so good. Is Gladiator the first museum sculpt from Seth in this line?

I believe so. Though for some reason, I don't consider Gladiator to be in a museum pose.

Well what would you call it? He sure isn't in an action pose. This pose has him just standing there with his hands on his hips saying yeah I know I'm a bad a$$.

Makkari1
10-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Mak and LS, no argument here. I think Herc is a great sculpt. I actually consider it HH's first "curveball" so to speak. Surprised the hell out of me, never saw it coming. Need Herc to have them all, so I'll definitely end up getting it. LS, the HH Iron Fist is still my favorite and one of my favorite statues from ANY company. It's actually the statue that kept me involved in this hobby as I was considering stopping.

Yeah this hobby is like being in the mob. Just when you think you can get out, some one ropes you back in.

CA35
10-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Well what would you call it? He sure isn't in an action pose. This pose has him just standing there with his hands on his hips saying yeah I know I'm a bad a$$.

The stance he's in gives him the "bad a$$" look. I;de say that was his action pose almost.

Makkari1
10-03-2007, 03:19 PM
The stance he's in gives him the "bad a$$" look. I;de say that was his action pose almost.

But a true action pose would be of him flying or fighting. BTW where in S. Florida you from? I'm from Pompano, Bch, FL.:buttrock:

CA35
10-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Sunrise. We've spoken before I changed my name so it was a little closer to my real name.

Makkari1
10-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Sunrise. We've spoken before I changed my name so it was a little closer to my real name.

No prob. dude. Now lets get back to Glads.

I often wonder what kind of flying pose Seth could have done for this piece? I am really psyched about this piece and I can't to display this piece.

CA35
10-03-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm looking forward to this as well. I don't think I would have bought this if he was flying.

Makkari1
10-03-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm looking forward to this as well. I don't thing I would have bought this if he was flying.

Are you kidding me? The way Seth sculpts and the unusual poses that they can produce is anything but less than amazing. Look at Daredevil, his sculpt is upside down and on one hand while Angel is suspended in the air between 2 bases. I'm sure a interesting flying pose could have been done.

MrYac
10-03-2007, 04:37 PM
I'm looking forward to this as well. I don't thing I would have bought this if he was flying.

i'm with you, i like a more neutral pose on my statues, flying would look awkard on him i think

Makkari1
10-03-2007, 04:47 PM
i'm with you, i like a more neutral pose on my statues, flying would look awkard on him i think

Statues of Supes flying have gone over well so I don't see why not for Glads.

MrYac
10-03-2007, 04:53 PM
true, but supes also has a hell of a lot more stuff made of him so theres room to experiment. since this is as far as i know the first Gladiator item outside the old 90's toybiz figure and the bown bust i think a good neutral standing pose is the best choice :D

Makkari1
10-03-2007, 05:17 PM
true, but supes also has a hell of a lot more stuff made of him so theres room to experiment. since this is as far as i know the first Gladiator item outside the old 90's toybiz figure and the bown bust i think a good neutral standing pose is the best choice :D

Everything is a first for HH so why not. Seth did a great job with Daredevil's pose so why not here?

loricstone
10-03-2007, 06:39 PM

I think Gladiator using his super breath would be an awesome action pose. Just me!

CA35
10-03-2007, 07:16 PM
"Super breath" ? ..................uhm...............no ! A $200 statue of the Gladiator puckering ? NEGATIVE !

Sniper
10-03-2007, 07:34 PM
damn that DD and angel look really nice, I am going ot wait for the blue version and pick up the DD later

MrYac
10-03-2007, 09:43 PM
pass on super breath thankyou, once i get my nice standing Gladiator you guys can do all the whacky action poses you want:p....but how would that even look on a statue anyway, would the breath be sculpted or would he just be blowing:confused:

Makkari1
10-04-2007, 11:59 AM
I think Gladiator using his super breath would be an awesome action pose. Just me!

Loric I usually agree with you but on this we must part company. Glads puckering up in a action pose, nah.

Makkari1
10-04-2007, 12:01 PM
pass on super breath thankyou, once i get my nice standing Gladiator you guys can do all the whacky action poses you want:p....but how would that even look on a statue anyway, would the breath be sculpted or would he just be blowing:confused:

Agreed no puckering up for me either. But a flying Glads would have been cool however at this point in time I'll take anything Gladiator related Standing or flying.

Meteor Man
10-04-2007, 04:13 PM

:confused: Ummm....I'd much rather see a flying pose than a super breath pose.:) But, my favorites are usually always the museum poses, so I'm glad thats what we got here with GLADIATOR!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!:buttrock: :buttrock:

heirtoasguard
10-04-2007, 06:58 PM
boy am I disappointed!! I seen the prototype for Gladiator at my LCS. nice statue. don't care too much for the eyebrows though. you know how everyone says that Seth likes large hands, well you
can see here. totally not in proportion. his hands is so wide. it looks like his hands are around his hips not
ON his hips. of all his large hands, this is the worst.

loricstone
10-04-2007, 07:19 PM
boy am I disappointed!! I seen the prototype for Gladiator at my LCS. nice statue. don't care too much for the eyebrows though. you know how everyone says that Seth likes large hands, well you
can see here. totally not in proportion. his hands is so wide. it looks like his hands are around his hips not

Just like the statue David sculpted by Michaelangelo?:confused: Big hands on sculptures have been used throughout the course of history to display power. That was just to explain many sculptors use that technique when sculpting. But to get to your point, the hands are not too big, and they don't engulf his whole hip. His thumbs are pressing on his kidney area, while his palm rests on the hip bone with his fingers extended. If you want to do geometry, his thumb, finger, and palm placement form a 90 degree angle. From the impression of the pictures you see, I can see how you might get that reference, but after seeing it first hand, it does not. It seems like you are thinking his palm and thumb wrap around to his back forming an almost 180 degree angle; while in fact, the palm is placed more towards the front of the pelvis hip bone area.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are mistaken. I think his hands are in excellent proportion. Besides, Gladiator is no small dude.

TheMadTitan
10-04-2007, 07:31 PM

The hands look proportional to me, what are you talking about?

heirtoasguard
10-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Loric, did you not read my post? I seen it at my LCS.
I was looking right at it. and in my opioion with all of the other statues that he made for HH, Glad's hands are the worst. IF and Hawkeye's hands are nowhere as bad as Glad's. that's all.

loricstone
10-04-2007, 11:54 PM
I was looking right at it. and in my opioion with all of the other statues that he made for HH, Glad's hands are the worst. IF and Hawkeye's hands are nowhere as bad as Glad's. that's all.

Sorry heirto, I just don't see that! I got up close and personal and didn't see anything wrong with it! His hands are about the same size as Thor! BTW, where did you see this (at what local comic shop). You in L.A.?, New York?

You may think I'm crazy (I am a little), but Gladiator is a much bigger guy than IF, and could palm IF's fist. If the statues could be brought to life, that's exactly what you'd see and what you should get! Ok, ok, I'm officially a loon!:confused2

loricstone
10-04-2007, 11:55 PM
Hey hierto, if that's what you saw and that's how you feel, there is no changing your mind! Your opinion is valid. :thumbs2:

Meteor Man
10-05-2007, 01:30 AM

I appreciate your opinion on this heirtoasguard and since I haven't seen the sculpt in person like you and loricstone have, I can only comment based on the pictures that I have seen. In my opinion, this is Seth's interpretation of Gladiator, and I'm sure Rob's interpretation has had something to do with that as well. I am ecstatic that they have chosen to do a statue of one of my all time favorite characters, and I totally respect their interpretation. I will of course be getting this statue and any others that by some miracle see the light of day. I personally enjoy seeing different interpretations by different artists and I'm sorry that you didn't like this one, but I believe the majority disagrees with you so far. My favorite rendition of Gladiator is the Bryne version but with more bulk to his musculature. Byrne drew him a little more handsome, but a bit too slender as well IMO. So, what we have here is a very cool rendition of an underappreciated character that is being brought to us very appreciative Gladiator fans!!!!:buttrock: :buttrock: Thank you Rob and Seth for producing this sculpt...it is going to be an AWESOME addition to my collection and to many other collections as well!:thumbs2:

Makkari1
10-05-2007, 10:45 AM

Sorry heirto, I just don't see that! I got up close and personal and didn't see anything wrong with it! His hands are about the same size as Thor! BTW, where did you see this (at what local comic shop). You in L.A.?, New York?

You may think I'm crazy (I am a little), but Gladiator is a much bigger guy than IF, and could palm IF's fist. If the statues could be brought to life, that's exactly what you'd see and what you should get! Ok, ok, I'm officially a loon!:confused2

Sorry that you don't like this piece mainly due to the hands being too large for you. I assume that Hulk's hands are too large for you as well seeing how most these characters are larger than life and the average person is rather small to them.

If it makes you feel better I think the hands on Bowen's latest Thor are a little too small for a guy of his size. He looks like he can barley get his hands around the handle of Mjolnir. For a person who's trademark is carrying a big a$$ hammer I think the hands have to be up to the task. Nevertheless it didn't stop me from buying the sculpt. Thanos is another example of the proportion not being right. Thanos' hands are very large but his feet are smaller in relation to his hands still a good sculpt.

Each artist has a slightly different take on how someone should look and you see this in the various artist renditions. Either you like Seth's style or you don't and I love his interpretation of Glads. Typically what I've seen from collectors are 4 basic camps:

1.) Those who are drawn in by a damn good sculpt but are not real fans of the character.

2.) Those who like the character and will buy it no matter what it looks like.

3.) Those who have to have both conditions met by liking the character and the sculpt.

4.) Flippers (nuff said about this group).

I fall under #1 & #2 BTW.

Meteor Man
10-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Sorry that you don't like this piece mainly due to the hands being too large for you. I assume that Hulk's hands are too large for you as well seeing how most these characters are larger than life and the average person is rather small to them.

If it makes you feel better I think the hands on Bowen's latest Thor are a little too small for a guy of his size. He looks like he can barley get his hands around the handle of Mjolnir. For a person who's trademark is carrying a big a$$ hammer I think the hands have to be up to the task. Nevertheless it didn't stop me from buying the sculpt. Thanos is another example of the proportion not being right. Thanos' hands are very large but his feet are smaller in relation to his hands still a good sculpt.

Each artist has a slightly different take on how someone should look and you see this in the various artist renditions. Either you like Seth's style or you don't and I love his interpretation of Glads. Typically what I've seen from collectors are 4 basic camps:

1.) Those who are drawn in by a damn good sculpt but are not real fans of the character.

2.) Those who like the character and will buy it no matter what it looks like.

3.) Those who have to have both conditions met by liking the character and the sculpt.

4.) Flippers (nuff said about this group).

I fall under #1 & #2 BTW.

Same here...

heirtoasguard
10-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Makkari, I know that Seth likes large hands. as I stated before, in all the HH statues Glad's hands are the worst. IMO it's the most noticable. Hulk's, Iron Fist and even Hawkeye's (I've seen people complain about his) are large but it just didn't bother me as much as Glad's hands. and I do intend to buy Gladiator just as I bought the rest. BTW I fall under #1 and #2. the difference is that I can talk bad about a statue but still intend to buy it.

Makkari1
10-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Makkari, I know that Seth likes large hands. as I stated before, in all the HH statues Glad's hands are the worst. IMO it's the most noticable. Hulk's, Iron Fist and even Hawkeye's (I've seen people complain about his) are large but it just didn't bother me as much as Glad's hands. and I do intend to buy Gladiator just as I bought the rest. BTW I fall under #1 and #2. the difference is that I can talk bad about a statue but still intend to buy it.

Well I'm sure glad you intend to buy it.:thumbs2: BTW its a great sculpt.

loricstone
10-06-2007, 10:04 PM

I consider you a rational person. Even though I am a die hard HH fan, I can always critique something about the sculpt. I have yet to see a perfect statue, but a little problem here or there does not dissuade me from buying a quality statue or anything else for that matter.

heirtoasguard
10-06-2007, 11:57 PM
that's nice to know Loric. but in none of my posts that I have done says nothing about not buying it.
I don't think there will ever be a "perfect" statue.
and while I think that no one is in your league of being a die hard fan of HH, I do consider myself a
HH fan. but I am very dissapointed with Glad's hands,
being IMO I think his is most noticable.

Wolverine1
10-07-2007, 04:36 AM
How long until I get this!

loricstone
10-07-2007, 12:12 PM
that's nice to know Loric. but in none of my posts that I have done says nothing about not buying it.
I don't think there will ever be a "perfect" statue.
and while I think that no one is in your league of being a die hard fan of HH, I do consider myself a
HH fan. but I am very dissapointed with Glad's hands,
being IMO I think his is most noticable.

I know. :) That's why I said what I said. I was actually trying to complement you. Maybe how I worded it came out awkward.

Secondly, I don't know about me being the biggest HH fan out there! There are some people that have all the statues from HH, exclusives, regular and otherwise. I didn't care for the X-Men Animated line, and was very upset with the stopping of the TF line. HH is not perfect by any means, but I feel they do care about the hobby and are trying to get better with each new sculpt.

MrYac
10-07-2007, 01:03 PM
and was very upset with the stopping of the TF line.

me too pal, poor Rhinox is so lonely :(

Makkari1
10-08-2007, 11:28 AM
I know. :) That's why I said what I said. I was actually trying to complement you. Maybe how I worded it came out awkward.

Secondly, I don't know about me being the biggest HH fan out there! There are some people that have all the statues from HH, exclusives, regular and otherwise. I didn't care for the X-Men Animated line, and was very upset with the stopping of the TF line. HH is not perfect by any means, but I feel they do care about the hobby and are trying to get better with each new sculpt.

I agree that each new sculpt is getting better and better. BTW I hated the Xmen animated line as well and not because the sculpts were no good but I hated the TV series.

cougartrace
10-08-2007, 11:30 AM
I agree that each new sculpt is getting better and better. BTW I hated the Xmen animated line as well and not because the sculpts were no good but the I hated the TV series.

Shoot I love the X-MEN Evolution line..some of HH's best in my opinion

Makkari1
10-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Shoot I love the X-MEN Evolution line..some of HH's best in my opinion

The sculpts look clean and good but I really hated the cartoon and refuse to buy anything related to it. I did like the Transformer line.

cougartrace
10-08-2007, 02:23 PM
too bad...I loved the cartoon..oh well..everyone has their own tastes :thumbs2:

Makkari1
10-08-2007, 02:36 PM
too bad...I loved the cartoon..oh well..everyone has their own tastes :thumbs2:

What can I say I'm a purest. I like the orignal Xmen cartoon waaaay better. That Evolution was just all wrong with the orginal and character portrayal big turn off for me:thumbsdow.

cougartrace
10-08-2007, 02:39 PM
What can I say I'm a purest. I like the orignal Xmen cartoon waaaay better. That Evolution was just all wrong with the orginal and character portrayal big turn off for me:thumbsdow.

I get ya. I mostly enjoyed watching it with my son who liked the ages of the character. However, I also did prefer the original X-MEN cartoon.:thumbs2:

Makkari1
10-08-2007, 02:53 PM
I get ya. I mostly enjoyed watching it with my son who liked the ages of the character. However, I also did prefer the original X-MEN cartoon.:thumbs2:

Yeah besides there was no Gladiator character in the Evolution series. :thumbsdow

cougartrace
10-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Yeah besides there was no Gladiator character in the Evolution series. :thumbsdow

lol..:thumbs2:

Meteor Man
10-08-2007, 05:13 PM

Makkari, you KNOW that I am so with you on this point!!!!!!:buttrock:

MrYac
10-08-2007, 05:36 PM
no Gladiator but i thought Apocalypse was pretty damn cool in Evo, wish they would've gotten a statue of him into the series

Meteor Man
10-08-2007, 07:24 PM
no Gladiator but i thought Apocalypse was pretty damn cool in Evo, wish they would've gotten a statue of him into the series

Yeah, he was cool, but I really wanted to see them bring the Juggernaut against him in those last episodes since they threw everyone elso who had ever showed up on that series against Apoc, but no Juggernaut...:confused: I thought that was a mistake. Oh, and no Gladiator..that was a mistake as well!!!:)

Makkari1
10-14-2007, 01:31 AM
I'm dying from anticipation here, when and where is Glads.:banghead:

neomatrix99
11-17-2007, 12:12 PM
when is this suppose to be released? does anyone know

CA35
11-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Hopefully in December.

Makkari1
11-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Hopefully in December.