PDA

View Full Version : A little JLA Film news

protector2814
09-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Just read over on Darkhorizons.com that the Justice League movie pre-production is rolling along.
Batman, Flash, Superman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern (John Stewart) are in the process of casting. The film may revolve around Batman developing a device called the Red Eye which he uses to spy on other members (sounds familier). One of the heroes goes bad during the movie.
Finally, but it's fun news, Jessica Biel is in serious talks to play Wonder Woman in the movie. They won't announce casting 'till all heroe's rolls are filled.
http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/Picture%2021(7).png

spenca7
09-25-2007, 01:15 PM
fine excuse to put that picture up, love it

Lizard King
09-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Boy, do I have my doubts about this movie. WB's should stick to keeping Batman on track and getting Superman out of the cellar after last years Singer fiasco. Although I would love it if done right, there are way to many ways to screw this project up. I wish Miller would do another Mad Max sequel, but oh well. Biel looks good, but I hope she buff's up a little for the role though.

Vince-Vell
09-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Shes hot but i cant see her as wonder woman. I know its possible, but there is plenty of actors out there that look perfect for the roles and can act. Tired of the famous actors ruining the movies.

Ah well, long as flash is done right it i'll be happy.

Tetragrammaton
09-25-2007, 02:23 PM
Every time I hear more news about this JLA film the more it seems like the type of junk you would find in an internet hoax made up by a 13-year old.

Tom Welling...Superman?
Jessica Biel...Wonder Woman?
Ryan Renolds...the Flash?

They haven't been able to get a Wonder Woman movie off the ground for years and now are rushing a much more complex JL movie into production? Sounds like a winning plan.

taizo99
09-25-2007, 02:58 PM
i realy dont like the sound of this , try and improve superman & leave J.L.A until bale & nolan stop working on batman films.

wktf
09-25-2007, 02:59 PM
Wasn't Ryan Renolds in talks to play the Sub-Mariner?

Bullseye
09-25-2007, 03:03 PM
While i would love to see a JLA film i would prefer to see a Wonder Woman film first.

TK-421
09-25-2007, 04:12 PM
I don't think a film like this would ever make it off the ground. DOn't get me wrong it would be great if done right, but it is WB/Time Warner.

They need to build it up,
keep Batman rolling,
fix Superman,
then do a Bats/Supes team up movie where they can possibly introduce Wonder Woman (let's face it, she cannot hold down her own title for very long let alone a movie).
Then maybe work from there....

RichBamf
09-25-2007, 04:15 PM
JOHN STEWART as GL?

C'MON, WTF! :mad:

Teague
09-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Actually, Ryan Reynolds as the Flash makes sense to me. The rest, not so much. Tom Welling as Supes seems like an internet rumor to me, too, but I wouldn't mind it.

And I love Biel, but as Wonder Woman? I dunno...

bat_collector
09-25-2007, 04:38 PM
Wasn't Ryan Renolds in talks to play the Sub-Mariner?

he's got the build for it!

bat_collector
09-25-2007, 04:40 PM
JOHN STEWART as GL?

C'MON, WTF! :mad:

I'm not surprised, just to make a diverse cast

How come I see a will smith as GL rumor around the corner

RichBamf
09-25-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm not surprised, just to make a diverse cast

How come I see a will smith as GL rumor around the corner

I hated that about the JLU cartoon, and I hate it about this.

Why the hell does diversity matter in this instance, it's working from a established character list and story! :(

I'm just bitter!

protector2814
09-25-2007, 04:58 PM
To be quite honest this is the 1st time I had read that the movie was a go w/ actual actors. I had originally read a rumor that Warner Bros. was going to use the Shrek/Polar Express/Beowulf animation style. Just as long as they don't spend three quarters of the film on origins, it could be a hell of a lot of fun.
By John Stewart in my original post, I meant the Green Lantern, John Stewart. Sorry about any confusion. I have also read that they're worried about the bottom line so we shouldn't expect any A-Listers, which is fine w/ me.

patrickwm68
09-25-2007, 05:00 PM
he's got the build for it!

I think Jason Momoa from Stargate Atlantis would make a good Namor.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/164/435782077_baffa2cabd.jpg

http://www.leaderslair.com/namor/namor.gif

http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/f/f7/Sub-Mariner.jpg

RichBamf
09-25-2007, 05:00 PM
I hope this film never gets made, I want a Flash film, a Wonder Woman film, a GL film, an Aquaman film etc

protector2814
09-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Shes hot but i cant see her as wonder woman. I know its possible, but there is plenty of actors out there that look perfect for the roles and can act. Tired of the famous actors ruining the movies.

Ah well, long as flash is done right it i'll be happy.

When I was googling for Biel images, there were quite a few where she looked more like Wonder Woman. I just went for a cheap thrills shot. Biel's an excellent pick i.m.o.. She's a big girl which WW should be.

bat_collector
09-25-2007, 05:02 PM
I hated that about the JLU cartoon, and I hate it about this.

Why the hell does diversity matter in this instance, it's working from a established character list and story! :(

I'm just bitter!

because its a movie and you want to appeal to different segments of the population and their money.

stormshadow75x
09-25-2007, 05:10 PM
keep Batman rolling,
fix Superman,
then do a Bats/Supes team up movie where they can possibly introduce Wonder Woman (let's face it, she cannot hold down her own title for very long let alone a movie).
Then maybe work from there....

I agree with your point regarding Wonder Woman completely... Unless someone does something really interesting with her (that will probably piss fans off anyway) I don't see a Wonder Woman movie being too successful.... Look @ Catwoman that should have been a piece of cake movie to make & look how they screwed that up

I think the same could be said for the Flash...

some characters just won't translate well to film

patrickwm68
09-25-2007, 05:17 PM
I agree with your point regarding Wonder Woman completely... Unless someone does something really interesting with her (that will probably piss fans off anyway) I don't see a Wonder Woman movie being too successful.... Look @ Catwoman that should have been a piece of cake movie to make & look how they screwed that up

I think the same could be said for the Flash...

some characters just won't translate well to film

Catwoman should have been made 10 years ago with Michelle Pfeiffer and directed by Tim Burton as rumored.

stormshadow75x
09-25-2007, 05:19 PM
Catwoman should have been made 10 years ago with Michelle Pfeiffer and directed by Tim Burton as rumored.

But it just wasn't that...

I mean they just should have gone with the cat burglar scenario....
Have her get double crossed by someone & then get revenge....

instead of doing the origin & all that egyptian cat god thing

patrickwm68
09-25-2007, 05:38 PM
I'd still like to see Michelle Pfeiffer revise her role as Catwoman. Next to Nicholson as Joker she was the 2nd best villain in those Batman films.

Endless Wake
09-25-2007, 07:56 PM
I like Biel for WW. Bytheway that plot sounds terrible. All the DC villains and they need a hero to turn bad already???

patrickwm68
09-25-2007, 08:07 PM
They really need to test out the waters by having these characters in their own films before putting them in a group film.

And not once have I ever looked a Jessica Biel and thought she would make a good WW. Powergirl maybe.

Black Cat
09-25-2007, 08:54 PM
I think Jessica would do great at Wonder Woman. I think Charizma Carpenter would have been better but hey

Black Cat
09-25-2007, 08:57 PM
While I am not racists in any way shape or form, I think characters need to stay the way they originally are. If they would have made Storm white then I would have threw a fit.

patrickwm68
09-25-2007, 09:01 PM
While I am not racists in any way shape or form, I think characters need to stay the way they originally are. If they would have made Storm white then I would have threw a fit.

You do know there really is a black Green Lantern named John Stewart right? He wasn't just created for the cartoon.

Captain Late
09-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Not doing this as motion capture seems to be a huge mistake to me. Costume hassles alone are a reason to go animation with this...
This looks to be a classic "the masses didn't go see it and the fans HATED it-type film."

Black Cat
09-25-2007, 09:08 PM
You do know there really is a black Green Lantern named John Stewart right? He wasn't just created for the cartoon.

lol no I didn't know that but I was referring to the guy that was posted for a good Namor choice. He is hot though!

patrickwm68
09-25-2007, 09:11 PM
lol no I didn't know that but I was referring to the guy that was posted for a good Namor choice. He is hot though!

I don't even know how Namor got brought up in a JLA film thread but yeah Jason Momoa would make a good Namor.

Here he is from a few years ago without the dreads and beard. He has the same facial features as Namor.

http://www.myblog.fr/albums/Bo-gars/54136.jpg

spenca7
09-25-2007, 09:12 PM
no one knows for sure if it will be live action or not

Welling is out of being Superman, contract fell through and now Routh is being offered it and they are looking around as well.

Superman Returns sequel has been cancelled and that is why Routh is now in the running for superman

Black Cat
09-25-2007, 09:13 PM

Welling is out of being Superman, contract fell through and now Routh is being offered it and they are looking around as well.

Superman Returns sequel has been cancelled and that is why Routh is now in the running for superman

I don't think the Superman Returns Sequel was canceled but the way I'm reading things is that the Justice League is going to be live action

Black Cat
09-25-2007, 09:14 PM
I don't even know how Namor got brought up in a JLA film thread but yeah Jason Momoa would make a good Namor.

oh and I was also referring to Halle Berry being Catwoman. I'm a huge Catwoman fan and they should not have changed her like that.

spenca7
09-25-2007, 09:16 PM
the WB officially announced Superman Returns Sequel has been pushed off because JLA is happening first. Also Singer's sequel pitch was a mess because of the budget again and storyline not so great. Routh had a meeting with WB about this and that is why he is in the running now for JLA

patrickwm68
09-25-2007, 09:17 PM
oh and I was also referring to Halle Berry being Catwoman. I'm a huge Catwoman fan and they should not have changed her like that.

You're totally confusing me :banghead:

Black Cat
09-25-2007, 09:42 PM
You're totally confusing me :banghead:

lol I actually think I'm confused now myself

rilynil
09-26-2007, 01:42 AM
I don't have high hopes for this film.

rilynil
09-26-2007, 01:43 AM
I completely agree.

Teague
09-26-2007, 12:01 PM

The Superman Returns sequel hasn't been cancelled. There had been news that it was going to be delayed, but that's been retracted since. It's still on track to begin production in summer 2008.

wktf
09-26-2007, 01:54 PM

I brought up the Sub-Mariner. When Tet mentioned that Ryan Renolds was up for playing The Flash I commented that I thought he was slated to play Namor in the upcoming movie.

Tetragrammaton
09-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Allow me to continue to topic drift...

Estella Warren would be a great choice for Namorita.

http://i22.tinypic.com/65ofhl.jpg

Teague
09-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Allow me to continue to topic drift...

Estella Warren would be a great choice for Namorita.

http://i22.tinypic.com/65ofhl.jpg

I vote for her for anything. :D

RichBamf
09-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Any film where they pick the worst Green Lantern to take part shouldn't even be made.

Teague
09-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Any film where they pick the worst Green Lantern to take part shouldn't even be made.

You think John Stewart is the worst GL? For my money, that goes to Guy Gardner. :thumbs2:

I have concerns as to the quality of this movie (and honestly, the reliability of this information), but only because any comic book movie that's made has a more than even chance of sucking.

But there's always hope. :thumbs2:

spenca7
09-26-2007, 05:26 PM
They released casting calls and one is for an African American male 18-35 so my guess is John Stewart will be there or Martian Manhunter

HalJordanFan
09-26-2007, 06:31 PM

Amen! The only way it gets worse is if they use Kyle Rayner! :thumbs2:

RichBamf
09-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Amen! The only way it gets worse is if they use Kyle Rayner! :thumbs2:

Why you... :stick:

RichBamf
09-26-2007, 06:59 PM
You think John Stewart is the worst GL? For my money, that goes to Guy Gardner. :thumbs2:

I have concerns as to the quality of this movie (and honestly, the reliability of this information), but only because any comic book movie that's made has a more than even chance of sucking.

But there's always hope. :thumbs2:

I just think that John Stewart has added nothing to the GL annals apart from the fact that he's a black GL.

They gave him no decent stories, and then just set him up as a second Hal. All the other Earth Lanterns have influenced the GL history, whereas he became almost a token non-caucasian lantern. They wasted him, especially when his intitial meeting with Hal and the first GL story with him was so good.

jlaavenger
09-26-2007, 07:09 PM
I agree 110%, I want Hal Jordan in this movie, not John Stewart.

patrickwm68
09-26-2007, 07:20 PM
I brought up the Sub-Mariner. When Tet mentioned that Ryan Renolds was up for playing The Flash I commented that I thought he was slated to play Namor in the upcoming movie.

I thought he was being considered for Wally West in a Flash film?

XSE
09-26-2007, 07:22 PM
I think they could pull this off....but it would have to be an alien invasion kind of thing ala Independence Day....maybe white martians or starro.

Ryan Reynolds as Flash (I think this would ROCK!)
Jessica Biel as WW (wait and see)
Brandon Routh as Supes (i think he pulled it off before)
Bale as Batman (a MUST!!)
Justin Hartley as Aquaman (he pulled it off well in Smallville and the unaired pilot on youtube)

I thought I heard GL was out too difficult to pull off....and that Martian Manhunter would round out the cast.....but the rumors will fly on this until it either is in theaters or the project dies

patrickwm68
09-26-2007, 07:26 PM
I agree 110%, I want Hal Jordan in this movie, not John Stewart.

Hal Jordan needs to be in his own GL movie not wasted in a team film.

Chances are John Stewart will have minimal screen time in the JL film just like Halle Berry did in the first X-Men film.

HalJordanFan
09-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Hal Jordan needs to be in his own GL movie not wasted in a team film.

Chances are John Stewart will have minimal screen time in the JL film just like Halle Berry did in the first X-Men film.

Couldn't agree more!!! Put Cuba in that film he's the recipe for instant disaster in a film! :thumbsdow

Meteor Man
09-28-2007, 03:03 PM
I think they could pull this off....but it would have to be an alien invasion kind of thing ala Independence Day....maybe white martians or starro.

Ryan Reynolds as Flash (I think this would ROCK!)
Jessica Biel as WW (wait and see)
Brandon Routh as Supes (i think he pulled it off before)
Bale as Batman (a MUST!!)
Justin Hartley as Aquaman (he pulled it off well in Smallville and the unaired pilot on youtube)

I thought I heard GL was out too difficult to pull off....and that Martian Manhunter would round out the cast.....but the rumors will fly on this until it either is in theaters or the project dies

Dude, Justin Hartley didn't play Aquaman on Smallville, he played Green Arrow. He did play Aquaman in the Mercy Reef pilot episode that was ultimately axed by the stinkin' new CW!!!:stick: I don't remember the name of the dude who played Aquaman on Smallville though...anyone?:confused:

Thanks Jen...so, the dude who played Aquaman in the Smallville eps was named Alan Ritchson.

endsongjen
09-28-2007, 03:12 PM
this guy did. ugh. lol

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2024927/

protector2814
10-01-2007, 09:44 AM
aintitcoolnews.com has reported that Tyrese Gibson "is tipped to be playing Green Lantern"
http://www.boostmobilecommunity.com/CMSimages/community/blog/tyrese-gibson.jpg

Endless Wake
10-01-2007, 10:34 AM
aintitcoolnews.com has reported that Tyrese Gibson "is tipped to be playing Green Lantern"
http://www.boostmobilecommunity.com/CMSimages/community/blog/tyrese-gibson.jpgI don't think he can pull it off.

The perfect choice would be Richard Brooks who played a bounty hunter in the final episode of Firefly, "Objects in Space".

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d100/endlesswake/jubalearly.jpg