PDA

View Full Version : Reaper

Foord
09-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Anyone catch Reaper last night? Thought it was very funny in places, quick editing and snappy dialogue. Wonder if Kevin Smith will be directing more of these? Thought the sidekick was similar to the sidekick in Shaun of the Dead. Not a bad thing. The Devil was really entertaining with fine humor but just the necessary amount of menace as well. I'd Recommend!!

batman1180
09-26-2007, 12:03 PM
I watched it last night and thought it was good. I will stick with it.

Teague
09-26-2007, 12:07 PM
I watched it only to review it in my TV column, but damn, I really enjoyed that! Ray Wise did an AMAZING job as the Devil. And the show was funny, too!

Couldn't place Missy Peregrym for a while, but then I realized--she was Candice on Heroes. (I wonder if her contracts allows her to guest on Heroes, still? I hope so.)

Surprisingly good. You could totally see the Kevin Smith camera angles playing here and there. I doubt he stays on as director (how could he?) but I hope he comes back from time to time to do one here or there.

Good stuff! :thumbs2:

MiamiLoco
09-26-2007, 12:36 PM
I saw this a couple of months back and I really enjoyed it. The story is kind of dumb but I think the cast more than make up for that.

Teague
09-26-2007, 01:20 PM
I saw this a couple of months back and I really enjoyed it. The story is kind of dumb but I think the cast more than make up for that.

If you saw this a few months ago, you should try to catch the pilot again--they've reshot a good portion of it.

MiamiLoco
09-26-2007, 03:28 PM
If you saw this a few months ago, you should try to catch the pilot again--they've reshot a good portion of it.
Really? I saw like 10 minutes last night, what was changed?!

Teague
09-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Really? I saw like 10 minutes last night, what was changed?!

Just last month they changed the girl role, and gave it to Missy Peregrym. Re-shot all the scenes with Andi in them.

MiamiLoco
09-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Just last month they changed the girl role, and gave it to Missy Peregrym. Re-shot all the scenes with Andi in them.
Yeah, I heard about the change, but aside from those obligatory reshoots, any others?

Teague
09-26-2007, 05:35 PM
Yeah, I heard about the change, but aside from those obligatory reshoots, any others?

Not that I know of, no. But it's worth watching again just to see Missy Peregrym. :D

fossa2
09-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Couldn't place Missy Peregrym for a while, but then I realized--she was Candice on Heroes. (I wonder if her contracts allows her to guest on Heroes, still? I hope so.)

Wizard did a Q&A with her in #192. She said that Heroes shoots in LA & Reaper shoots in Vancouver so she does not expect to be on Heroes at all this year. (she also said that there were plans to develop Candice more this season) So it is a pretty safe bet that she will "NOT* be in Heroes...unless Reaper tanks.

Teague
09-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Wizard did a Q&A with her in #192. She said that Heroes shoots in LA & Reaper shoots in Vancouver so she does not expect to be on Heroes at all this year. (she also said that there were plans to develop Candice more this season) So it is a pretty safe bet that she will "NOT* be in Heroes...unless Reaper tanks.

Bummer!!! Especially because I don't see Reaper tanking, especially not on the CW. (Which is a good thing for Reaper, but a bad thing for Heroes...)

Just to verify, though: did you mean to say that there were not plans to develop Candice this season, or that there were? Because if there were, I expect there still are--she's a shape-changer, after all, so they can get anyone to fill that role, and just explain that she changes "faces" like other women change hairstyles, I guess.

bat_collector
09-26-2007, 06:20 PM
Just to verify, though: did you mean to say that there were not plans to develop Candice this season, or that there were? Because if there were, I expect there still are--she's a shape-changer, after all, so they can get anyone to fill that role, and just explain that she changes "faces" like other women change hairstyles, I guess.

thinking the same thing, bro

Teague
09-26-2007, 06:31 PM
thinking the same thing, bro

Great minds, Mike... :thumbs2:

fossa2
09-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Teague,

If she was going to be on Heroes this season, yes, they would have developed her character more. But since she is not I am sure there are no longer any plans...
but like you said, anyone could play that character...

patrickwm68
09-26-2007, 09:08 PM
At first when I saw the trailer I thought the star (Bret Harrison) was the guy from that reality show Joe Schmo.

bat_collector
09-27-2007, 10:00 PM
this show rocked!

spenca7
10-01-2007, 12:47 AM
watched it tonight and me and the girl loved it

patrickwm68
10-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Watched it tonight, me and the wife loved it. Great cast, especially the guy playing the Devil.

Chuck, Bionic Woman, and Reaper are my favorites. I'm still a little iffy about Moonlight, IMO it tended to drag a bit. I still have to watch Journey Man.

MiamiLoco
10-01-2007, 02:23 AM
My favorite new shows are Chuck, Reaper, Journey Man and Moonlight.

Foord
10-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Still good!!

wolverinejedi007
10-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Great show!!!
I hope it does not get cancelled!!!

Gangleri
02-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Reaper alert--- from TV guide.com

Question: In light of your news that Supernatural will produce four or five additional episodes this season (woo-hoo!), does this mean that Reaper is no longer taking over its Thursday/ 9 pm/ET time slot? — Brooke
Ausiello: A CW spokesperson tells me that the network is "proceeding with our plan to run Reaper encores behind Smallville encores [beginning Feb. 28]. Supernatural originals will return in April." In what time slot it'll return is undecided at this moment, but the rep insists everyone at the CW "loves Supernatural and it shall return!" BTW, two more pre-strike Supernaturals remain. The first one airs tomorrow, second one next Thursday. Tell your friends!

http://www.tvguide.com/Ask-Ausiello

Good News for Supernatural Fans .... Hope they give Reaper a chance.

hellboydce
02-13-2008, 06:00 PM
i have really tried to like this show, just because Ray Wise is in it, but it just ain't happening

JDH
02-13-2008, 06:12 PM
This is an okay show, with one brilliant actor in Ray Wise. Noone adjusts his tie in the mirror whilst grinning evilly like Ray Wise adjusts his tie in the mirror grinning evilly. He really should kill someone at the end of every episode though.

Crom
02-13-2008, 06:16 PM
My wife and I have really grown to like this show. Some of the characters started off more as caricatures, but they really have gotten better.

And yes, Ray Wise is awesome!

Brru
02-13-2008, 08:42 PM
its a work in progress. Im not sure anyone thought it would be the next big hit and I guess it still isnt lol. Eitherway I like watching it. Even if its not a masterpiece.

patrickwm68
02-13-2008, 08:49 PM
I love it, especially the guy who plays the Devil and Missy P. of course.

Gangleri
03-13-2008, 06:57 PM
New Episode tonite 8pm Central "Hungry for Fame"
(Right after a new episode of Smallville "Hero" @ 7 Central)

patrickwm68
03-13-2008, 07:05 PM
New Episode tonite 8pm Central "Hungry for Fame"
(Right after a new episode of Smallville "Hero" @ 7 Central)

Are you sure? Yahoo TV Listings had Supernatural down after Smallville.

Gangleri
03-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Are you sure? Yahoo TV Listings had Supernatural down after Smallville.

I have both in my que for recording....I HOPE it is a new episode. TV Guide.com lists Reaper.:)

fossa2
05-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Coming back for Season 2

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Ausiello-Scoop-Reaper/800039400

Gangleri
05-13-2008, 05:49 AM
Coming back for Season 2

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Ausiello-Scoop-Reaper/800039400

Surprised....but glad Reaper is getting a second season.:thumbs2:

Warning Spollers possible......Reaper's Producers Preview a "Huge" Finale (Finale Preview)
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TV-Show-Blog/Tv-Previews/Reapers-Producers-Preview/800039428

patrickwm68
05-14-2008, 06:35 PM
That's cool, I love the show, especially Missy Peregrym.

hellboydce
05-15-2008, 12:30 AM
i haven't seen the end of season 1 yet, but i am the only one who prefers the woman who played the Devils daughter (may she is maybe she isn't i haven't seen the end yet) Missy Peregrym?

anybody with a first name of missy i have a hard time with

Zurbaran1
05-15-2008, 11:23 AM
anybody with a first name of missy i have a hard time with

Missy plays Sam's girlfriend. I believe her name is Danny. Great show, by the way. Ray Wise is perfect as Satan.

hellboydce
05-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Missy plays Sam's girlfriend. I believe her name is Danny. Great show, by the way. Ray Wise is perfect as Satan.

Ray Wise is the reason i watch this, i keep hoping for a bit of Leyland Palmer to pop out

Teague
05-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Coming back for Season 2

Good news. I like this show. :thumbs2:

hellboydce
05-18-2008, 05:16 PM
just watched the latest couple of episodes (over here) and i'm liking this show more and more, it is actually moving forward and things seem to be happening, Missy finding out about Sams job, Sam being forced into betraying his gay demon friend, makes a change from most shows where whatever happens is tied up nicely by the end of the show, there seems to be actual character growth, i'm glad it's been renewed.

one thing i'm not sure has been followed up on, a while back we saw sams dad throwing pages of the contract on the fire, anything i have missed to do with this?

and Ray Wise is the bomb:buttrock:

Gangleri
05-18-2008, 06:39 PM
just watched the latest couple of episodes (over here) and i'm liking this show more and more, it is actually moving forward and things seem to be happening, Missy finding out about Sams job, Sam being forced into betraying his gay demon friend, makes a change from most shows where whatever happens is tied up nicely by the end of the show, there seems to be actual character growth, i'm glad it's been renewed.

one thing i'm not sure has been followed up on, a while back we saw sams dad throwing pages of the contract on the fire, anything i have missed to do with this?
and Ray Wise is the bomb:buttrock:

POSSIBLE SPOILER (Highlight)
It leads to a interesting turn of events (last weeks episode)....Sam's Demon friend had the contract "looked over" to help Sam find a way to break the contract...and found all (pages with) references to the identity of Sam's father had been removed. Should make for a interesting season finale this week and "problems" for the second season.:eplus2:

hellboydce
05-19-2008, 03:06 AM
very interesting :thumbs2:

patrickwm68
01-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Reaper returns Tuesday March 17th.

I'm glad, I really like this show.

twoferflinchin
01-21-2009, 02:58 AM
Reaper returns Tuesday March 17th.

I'm glad, I really like this show.

If Kevin Smith is involved, it will be March 17th of 2011.

MiamiLoco
01-21-2009, 11:06 AM
If Kevin Smith is involved, it will be March 17th of 2011.
uh... He's just a consultant.

patrickwm68
03-18-2009, 08:23 PM
So what's everyone think of the new season so far?

I'm enjoying it. Sock's hot Asian step-sister, Ben's demon girlfriend, Sock creating a fake employee "Les Nesman" so he could collect 2 paychecks. Ted getting fired for hitting on a secret shopper was funny but I don't know about Andi running the Work Bench now.

I hope they get back to Sam's parents soon.

patrickwm68
05-15-2009, 08:11 PM
As much as I love this show it's pretty much over. I just read that the actor who plays Sock has already signed on to a Fox show and the creators of Reaper have signed a deal with 20th Fox. Even if ABC who owns Reaper could shop it around as a syndicated show how good would it be without Sock or the creators?

Zurbaran1
05-15-2009, 10:00 PM
As much as I love this show it's pretty much over. I just read that the actor who plays Sock has already signed on to a Fox show and the creators of Reaper have signed a deal with 20th Fox. Even if ABC who owns Reaper could shop it around as a syndicated show how good would it be without Sock or the creators?

Too bad. Another show I really enjoyed. I'm sorry to see this one come to a premature end. Was really enjoying my weekly Andy and Nina fix.

patrickwm68
05-27-2009, 09:34 PM
Why why why if a show is in trouble ratings wise do the producers end it with a cliff hanger?!!!

I'm really going to miss this show.

wolverinejedi007
05-28-2009, 10:30 AM
I would love to see another network pick this up...its a really great and funny show!!!

Teague
05-28-2009, 10:42 AM
Why why why if a show is in trouble ratings wise do the producers end it with a cliff hanger?!!!

I'm really going to miss this show.

I haven't finished watching the eps on my DVR...they ended on a cliffhanger? Gah...that's two shows that end without resolution this season! First Earl, then Reaper? Nor fair.

AnnnaMot
05-28-2009, 12:06 PM
man that blows i relay love that show

patrickwm68
05-28-2009, 04:24 PM
I haven't finished watching the eps on my DVR...they ended on a cliffhanger? Gah...that's two shows that end without resolution this season! First Earl, then Reaper? Nor fair.

Yep, it ended with absolutely no resolution and a whole new twist added to the story.

Teague
05-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Yep, it ended with absolutely no resolution and a whole new twist added to the story.

Well, crap. Why'd they do something like that? I know sometimes it can't be avoided, but everyone knew the show was probably done. Not having something that can at least serve as a series finale? Sort of sucks for the fans.

patrickwm68
05-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Hopefully there will at least be a comic book to wrap up everything.